Newbie Questions on Macross

Probably a gunboat, like the Macross.

And probably booby-trapped, like the Macross.

And probably folded out to a diffrent location after it was found and ignored, since if I recall they went back to look for it later, but it wasn't there.

I don't think the 'Folded to a different location' is really canon. It was something that the RPG Macross mecha design page put in to explain the reason why it was never returned to.

IMO, it's a different ship from the origional crash Macross. Some of the structure looks different from the one pre-crash pic were we get a good glimpse of it. And according to DYRL? It was Meltlandi ship.

I don't think it was boobytrapped, either. If it was, it would have powered up and fired on the flagship when it got into visual range. Unless it was set to explode when boarders got aboard...

Well, here's a question I have: the term "Sian Macross". What is it? Is there any significance to it? I think it comes from MacII and refers, of course, to the Macross, but is there any real special significance to this other than making it special to the Marduk?

Comparison pics of wreckage and ASS-1.

Man, I don't know if that even counts as an ASS anymore, maybe just a piece of ASS but if anyone knows me, I'm always down to check out a piece of ASS.

Oh God, am I number 1,000,000? Was I the millionth person to make a "piece of ASS joke?" <fingers crossed> :)

Probably a gunboat, like the Macross.

And probably booby-trapped, like the Macross.

And probably folded out to a diffrent location after it was found and ignored, since if I recall they went back to look for it later, but it wasn't there.

I don't think the 'Folded to a different location' is really canon. It was something that the RPG Macross mecha design page put in to explain the reason why it was never returned to.

Thought that was in the official timeline. Don't see it, though.

Never seen the RT RPG book, but it's possible I got it from somewhere that got it from the RT RPG.

IMO, it's a different ship from the origional crash Macross. Some of the structure looks different from the one pre-crash pic were we get a good glimpse of it.
It's also pretty banged up. I thought the rough design was similar, though I admit it's a stretch.
And according to DYRL? It was Meltlandi ship.

But DYRL isn't real. :)

Besides, the ASS 4billion-and-something was in the TV series, where the ASS-1 was a Supervision Army vessel and zentran and meltran got along.

I don't think it was boobytrapped, either. If it was, it would have powered up and fired on the flagship when it got into visual range. Unless it was set to explode when boarders got aboard...

That's likely. It looked "kinked" so I have doubts the cannon would fire. It was just an example of a known boobytrap.

Reactor overload, maybe?

IMO, it's a different ship from the origional crash Macross. Some of the structure looks different from the one pre-crash pic were we get a good glimpse of it.

It's also pretty banged up. I thought the rough design was similar, though I admit it's a stretch.

326417[/snapback]

It is roughly similar, but I think it is of a different design. I believe that the Supervision Army had an ability to alter and repair ships that the Zentlaedi lacked, so it's possible to see multiple derivative craft. For all we know, ASS-1 was an obsolete hulk prior to its arrival on Earth.

326417[/snapback]

It is roughly similar, but I think it is of a different design. I believe that the Supervision Army had an ability to alter and repair ships that the Zentlaedi lacked, so it's possible to see multiple derivative craft. For all we know, ASS-1 was an obsolete hulk prior to its arrival on Earth.

326437[/snapback]

I would actually expect that. You boobytrap your retired husks, not your shiny-new state-of-the-art.

Thought that was in the official timeline. Don't see it, though.

Never seen the RT RPG book, but it's possible I got it from somewhere that got it from the RT RPG.

From what I've seen the RT RPG sites like to rip ANYTHING found on the internet if it's close to macross. Heck, the RT fanbase likes to beleive in the YF-19 as an unseen mecha in southern cross!

The only place I've encountered any mention on the fate of the (ASS-2?) is on Macross Mecha designs- complete with interesting stats. Even the Compendium doesn't say anything specificly about just the ASS-1; only the codename in it's mecha section.

Before I'm blamed for derailing the topic can anyone answer my question? Is 'Sian Macross' something more important than just a term for the SDF-1 to make it significant to the Marduk? Is it not known? Or am I going to be told to watch MacII (To which I have no real intention).

Before I'm blamed for derailing the topic can anyone answer my question? Is 'Sian Macross' something more important than just a term for the SDF-1 to make it significant to the Marduk? Is it not known? Or am I going to be told to watch MacII (To which I have no real intention).

326450[/snapback]

First, learn to use quotes. Secondly, you should really watch MII. :)

Thirdly...."Sian Macross"? Are you sure it's referenced in Macross as such? I've seen it referenced in Robotech RPGs but in Macross? The RT RPGs I've seen reference it as the the equivalent of ASS-1.

I shoulda asked this question at AX I got to stop talking about AX it finished awhile ago I had so many more god damn questions :( I hope I get a chance next year. Guys Im take a good look at the ASS-2 and try to sketch it out, Im roughly a decent drawer so Im giving it a shot. Do ya think the SDF-1 in MacII might have a connection?

Edited by Dean

Blah. I tried cutting out what I wanted to talk about and it messed up the quote. No sense in increasing my post size with stuff unrelated to the topic...

I'm not sure where I heard 'Sian Macross' exactly... I assumed it was MacII. Then again it has a number of other names other than Gunsight one, including the Ship of Alus (Does this have meaning also?)

Checked... Blah, you're right Azrael, it's RT in origin. I dunno where I got it stuck with macross.... oh, right, I tried re-writing the Mac TV series and among the changes I stated that the origional Macross was a 'Sian ship'. Stupid me :( And thanks for the input/discussion.

As for a ASS-2 MACII SDF-1 connection... who knows. With Spirita energy forces being used in conjunction with space whales and evil computers that can enslave humanity by singing alone anything is possible. One of the beautiful things about Macross :D

And some RTers have already taken some shots at 'reconstructing' the ASS-2. Personally I disagree with their rendition, and have drawn some convincing Supervision army counterparts on my own (Possibly for the DYRL? HW2 mod).

Anything is possible and I hope what this ASS-2 is exactly will be answered soon.

I looked at the episode on where it was showed and got plenty of ideas on how it will look I can picture it perefectly, mind posting you and those other peoples(not a word) reconstruction of the ship?

Do ya think the SDF-1 in MacII might have a connection?

Huh? The SDF-1 has no connection to ASS-1 except for the fact that like the original SDFM SDF-1, was built around the original ASS-1.

I looked at the episode on where it was showed and got plenty of ideas on how it will look I can picture it perefectly, mind posting you and those other peoples(not a word) reconstruction of the ship?

Gents, question and answers only. Please don't deviate from that. If you wish to post your ideas of the wreakage, bring it to the fanart area or start your own thread. Thank you.

Then again it has a number of other names other than Gunsight one, including the Ship of Alus (Does this have meaning also?)

"Alus" in Marduk mythology is the relic ship that will bring culture or salavation (a peacful culture the Marduk to end their endless cycle of war in their culture) to the Marduk.

Blah. I tried cutting out what I wanted to talk about and it messed up the quote. No sense in increasing my post size with stuff unrelated to the topic...

When messing with quote tags, always use preview.

Trust me, I know.

As for a ASS-2 MACII SDF-1 connection... who knows. With Spirita energy forces being used in conjunction with space whales and evil computers that can enslave humanity by singing alone anything is possible. One of the beautiful things about Macross :D

As wierd as it gets at times, I do like this attribute of the license.

It's a big universe, and anything is possible. Whales in space, flying statues, weapons derived from the human spirit, pop stars saving humanity, and yes, even jolly green giants and 50-foot women.

Only a dozen Strike Veritechs survived Dolza's attack on Earth, and without exception all of these were assigned to the orbiting ARMD platforms, and later transferred to the captured Robotech Factory. No more were ever constructed, since the RDF could no longer afford to produce the sophisticated nuclear missiles that were the primary weapons of the Veritech. Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately), only 20 "Angel of Death" missiles were left in the RDF's arsenal after Dolza's attack, and these were kept under maximum security in the Robotech Factory. When the SDF-3 left on it's mission to Tirol, the remaining Strike Veritechs were left behind to guard the Robotech Factory, and were subsequently lost when the Factory vanished shortly before the Second Robotech War.

The main weapon of the Strike Veritech was the impressive "Angel of Death" Reflex-guided cruise missile. These missiles, developed and constructed at RDF Base Siberia, were designed to be small enough to be carried by fighters, but powerful enough to do real damage to Zentraedi space cruisers. Unfortunately, the final missile design was not compatible with the standard RDF long-range missile launchers. A new version of the Lancer space fighter was designed to carry the missiles, but the prototypes were scrapped when Doctor Burke announced his plans to design a variation of the Veritech fighter that could carry the missile. 240 missiles were shipped to the SDF-1 for testing, while the rest remained stockpiled at Base Siberia until the prototypes were perfected. This was regrettable, as the stockpiles and production facilities were vaporized when Base Siberia was destroyed by a direct hit from a Zentraedi heavy particle beam.

The Strike Veritech was also equipped with an experimental beam cannon that was modeled after the Zentraedi particle beam cannon mounted on most of their mecha. Doctor Burke hoped this weapon would give the Veritech an additional edge on enemy mecha it faced when it could not be protected by Super Veritechs. Strike Veritechs were only produced in the VF-1S styles, as they were never intended to be assigned to anyone but squadron leaders and aces whose loyalty to the RDF was unquestionable.

No Strike Veritechs or "Angel of Death" missiles remain in REF possession, nor have any been reported found on Earth. Nor are any likely to ever be found, as all reports indicate that they were lost with the Robotech Factory Satellite, perhaps forever. However, should the Factory Satellite (or remains thereof) ever be recovered, determining the fate of the remaining mecha and missiles is to be given utmost priority, and should any ever be recovered they are to IMMEDIATELY be shipped to REF High Command. This must be the HIGHEST PRIORITY of any salvage team that discovers the Factory.

I know this is out of topic sorta and Robotech is not wanted to be talked in the forums except Off Topic but Im sure it belongs here too. I got it from Macross Mecha Designs on the fiction of Robotech's side of the story when the the factory was gone. How did it disapear when it was right above Earth? And why cant they produce anymore Strike Valkryies? I dont get this :blink: . Errr and sorry for ignoring your post JBO :unsure: .

Edited by Dean

You have to remember, Dean, that everything in that article was made up by the MMD's author (whose name escapes me -- has he ever gotten back to updating that site?) to try to place the Strike Valk in the mainline Macross/RT universe. None if it is Macross canon or even RT canon (which is IMHO, an oxymoron :p ) In the Macross shows, they never dealt with the Factory Satellite after, really the two episodes it was in, due to the fact that it was more than anything a McGuffin.

You have to remember, Dean, that everything in that article was made up by the MMD's author (whose name escapes me -- has he ever gotten back to updating that site?) to try to place the Strike Valk in the mainline Macross/RT universe. None if it is Macross canon or even RT canon (which is IMHO, an oxymoron :p ) In the Macross shows, they never dealt with the Factory Satellite after, really the two episodes it was in, due to the fact that it was more than anything a McGuffin.

327377[/snapback]

Steelfalcon's owner is Dave Deitrich. He's retired from the Macross-info scene.

Most RPG-based info is 98% BS. This is why we never cite it as a source. If you are playing an RPG, then it works great, because that is what RPG-based information is suppose to be used for: an RPG. It is not production notes. Dave's work on RT RPG info is was created during the time that RT was in hibernation. And frankly, RT has it's own problems. But that's for the kids at RT.com to help you with. We don't deal with that here.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes it is.

http://anime.net/macross/mecha/index.html

Scroll to bottom. All the codenames and infamous names are down there with links to where they should be.

And to answer your question- apparently both.

329861[/snapback]

hmmm, that's weird i though u only had one codename for the fighter like may be alpha one of yf-19 no.1 and eagle one for yf1-19 no.2.

Thanks anyway boxer. B))

BTW just watched the Macross Plus OVA again, and apparaently the yf-19 isamu is using is called eagle one by the flight controller in the sequence where isamu was sky drawing.

hmmm, that's weird i though u only had one codename for the fighter like may be alpha one of yf-19 no.1 and eagle one for yf1-19 no.2.

Nah.

Modern day example: the A-10. It's the Warthog. And the Thunderbolt 2.

If we're talking call-signs instead of nicknames, it can change at any time, including mid-flight.

JBO gots a point thier, thier can be nickname and a code name the YF-21's nickname would be the Eagle One and the code name would be Alpha One so the nicknames can be changed any time as the characters in Macross Plus would call the YF-19..anyways I give the credit to JBO.

One thing when I let my friend(a girl) borrow Macross DRYL I thought she would like it since she sings very well and loves japanese pop. She came back after the weakened and went :mellow: and said "You have bad taste for anime" I was like :blink: ...Man is DRYL losing its touch for people liking new new anime cause she watches Bleach and stuff.

Sorry if this was a little off-topic but why does my friend hate Macross?

Sorry if this was a little off-topic but why does my friend hate Macross?

330495[/snapback]

Your friend is EVIL!!! Heretic! Burn! Burn! :p :P

Naw, seriously, what interests some doesn't do it for others. A lot of people like the Rolling Stones for instance, I think they're highly overrated. It falls under the category of "different strokes for different folks."

Edited by Pat Payne

You're lying, JBO. Why must you lie? Next you'll be telling me the tooth fairy doesn't exist... :p :P :p:D

You're lying, JBO. Why must you lie? Next you'll be telling me the tooth fairy doesn't exist... :p :P :p:D

330942[/snapback]

No, the tooth fairy's real.

But I'm afraid I have some bad news about the easter bunny...

331534[/snapback]

No not the easter bunny not the bunny :( ....

just curios, what's that military band like instrumental music playing on the background in this sequence of macross plus in its original non-subbed version. I think its both in the movie and the 4-volume edition. Its the scene were isamu makes the lock on on guld's yf-21.

Also is it in any of the macross plus albumsicon14.gif which one icon14.gif

sorry for the crappy images by the way. :unsure:

post-2502-1128130803_thumb.jpg

just curios, what's that military band like instrumental music playing on the background in this sequence of macross plus in its original non-subbed version. I think its both in the movie and the 4-volume edition. Its the scene were isamu makes the lock on on guld's yf-21.

Also is it in any of the macross plus albums

which one

sorry for the crappy images by the way.  :unsure:

332946[/snapback]

IIRC, It's called "Dog Fight". And it can only be found on "Macross Plus ~ For Fans Only" CD.

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/music/_music_cds.htm

http://www.anime.net/macross/production/au...plus/index.html

Did Shin and Sara die at the end of Macross Zero?

Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: Talk to Kawamori.

In Battroid Mode, is are the forearms of the VF-17 bulletproof?

No. However, Pin-Point Barrier systems were added later as a field modification (most likely implemented late 2044/early 2045 to the entire fleet of VF-17s. M7's squad of VF-17s didn't receive their PPB systems until after hostilities began with the Protodevlin).