Star Wars Episode 3 Spoilers Thread

zeo-mare

great footage, just out of curiousity i noticed gerneral grevious coughing alot and it seems like he has a hard time breathing. is this because mace windu damaged his chest close to the end od the clone wars cartoon?

chris

The script looks legit, i read the book and as far as i can tell it stays on track, how ever the dialogue may be outta whack, but no way to tell that., if u read the script, it may ruine the movie for some of you who like surprises.

The script looks legit, i read the book and as far as i can tell it stays on track, how ever the dialogue may be outta whack, but no way to tell that., if u read the script, it may ruine the movie for some of you who like surprises.

I agree, I read the book also and it seemed to work with it with the addition of the Wookie stuff.

I figure id put this here instead of starting yet another starwars thread.

I got my Obi, Annie and Grevious unleashed in the mail today and WOW :ph34r: Obi and Annie have optional bases that allow you to display them opposing each other in the final battle with flame and lava all around them or the bases can lock together so they can stand "with" each other like the beginning of the movie.

Grevious has a slanted display like he is hanging on a wall. He comes with 2 lightsabers and a blaster. My only gripes are with Grevious. All the box art shows the figure having scorch marks and scratches on him that are weathered but on the figure they arent . The scratches are molded in but no weathering. I think this first batch of his figure were rushed out. Looks like some repainting is in order like i did for Jango.

Obi and Annie are for lack of a better word , perfect. They both have dirt and soot on them like they have been fighting for quite a while on an ash strewn world in intense heat. Their poses are extremely agressive and the detail is delicately sculpted. Unlike other unleashed figures(Padme) These actually look like the actors in the film.

Ill post pics tomorrow i hope those of you who havnt seen them like what you see.

Edited by HWR MKII

And here are the other places.

Last Chance For Charity Screenings

May 03, 2005

Fans wanting to see Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith before May 19 and help raise funds for good causes along the way still have a chance to buy tickets. Special charity screenings of Revenge of the Sith will happen in 10 major cities across the United States on May 12 to raise funds and awareness for issues affecting children and families.

Here's a quick look at charities sponsoring this once in a lifetime opportunity to see Revenge of the Sith a week before the worldwide release, as well as a chance to meet Star Wars actors, local celebrities and attend special pre- and post-screening parties.

Los Angeles, CA

Artists for a New South Africa

Mann Village Theatre, Westwood

May 12 , 7:30 p.m.

General Admission includes after-party: $500

Celebrities: Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker), Billy Dee Williams (Lando Calrissian), Jimmy Smits (Bail Organa), and John Ratzenberger (Major Derlin) and Bai Ling (Senator Bana Breemu)

Info: Fun and star-studded event, chaired by Samuel L. Jackson (Mace Windu) & LaTanya Richardson Jackson with red-carpet screening at a historic Los Angeles Art-Deco theatre complete with an intergalactic Star Wars-themed after-party.

San Francisco, CA

Koret Family House

Loews Theatres Metreon

May 12, 5:30 p.m.

General Admission includes post-party: $500

Celebrities: George Lucas, Jake Lloyd (Anakin Skywalker), Barry Zito (Oakland A's Star Pitcher), Mayor Gavin Newsom, Jason Lewis (Sex and the City)

Info: Post-party to include Star Wars Karaoke Bar, special cocktails, a custom menu including Wookiee cookies and Crazy Cantina Buffet, and Death Star Pinata!

Boston, MA

City Year

Loews Boston Common

May 12, 7:30 p.m.

General Admission includes pre-party at FELT: $250

Premium seating tickets includes pre and post-parties at FELT: $500

Info: Red carpet event along the historic Boston Common with VIP parties at Boston's hippest nightclub. There will also be an online auction with unique collector Star Wars memorabilia.

Celebrities: Actor Zen Gesner, legendary Boston Bruin Terry O'Reilly, and the players of the New England Revolution

New York, NY

The Children's Health Fund

The Ziegfeld Theater

May 12, 7 p.m.

General Admission: $600

With Premiere and After-party: $1100

Celebrities: Liam Neeson (Qui-Gon Jinn), Frank Oz (Yoda), Ray Park (Darth Maul) and Daniel Logan (Boba Fett)

Info: See the movie in DLP digital format, walk the 60-foot media-packed red carpet, online auction of rare, one-of-a-kind artwork and collectible merchandise.

Miami, FL

Miami Children's Hospital Foundation

AMC 24 Theatre

May 12, 7 p.m.

Info: Re-creating the Mos Eisley Cantina for the post-party, guests will mingle with characters from the Star Wars saga, enjoy music provided by an alien band, and play the latest Xbox games on giant movie screens.

Chicago, IL

Children's Memorial Hospital

AMC River East 21

May 12, 8 p.m.

General Admission (does not include pre-party): $500; (with pre-party): $1,000

Info: Pre-party at Adler Planetarium, which is celebrating its 75th anniversary. Food by Wolfgang Puck.

Washington, D.C.

Children's Defense Fund

Loews Uptown Theatre

General admission: $250

VIP ticket includes pre-party: $500

Celebrities: Marian Wright Edelman (Founder & CEO of Children's Health Fund) and Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia), Members of 501st, WASH-FM 97.1

Seattle, WA

Alliance for Education

Seattle Cinerama Theatre

General Admission includes pre-party and after party desserts: $500

Celebrities: John Curley (King 5 TV's Evening Magazine), Chris Cashman of UPN 11

Info: Tom Douglas, famed Seattle chef, will cater events. Students from the Seattle Public Schools Global Studies Program at Cleveland High School will be honored.

Atlanta, GA

Hughes Spalding Children's Hospital

AMC Phipps Plaza

May 12 , 7:30 p.m.

Celebrities: Kenny Baker (R2-D2), Amy Allen (Aayla Secura), Michonne Bourriague (Aurra Sing)

Info: Post-party with interactive Star Wars games at Twist Restaurant with special beverages for guests 21 and over.

Denver, CO

Colorado Children's Campaign

Continental Theatre

May 12, 8 p.m.

General Admission includes pre-party: $250

Info: Walk the red carpet, pre-party with great food and drinks, take photos with Star Wars characters, silent auction filled with Star Wars memorabilia.

Or as The Joker on the animated Batman, or as Christopher Blair from the Wing Commander series, or as Cockknocker from Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, or as any number of voice-acting projects. He's a busy beaver.

Ditto. I knew he was Joker a LONG time ago.

Plus, the whole Wing Commander thing was pretty tight.

anyone else notice it just costs more if you're in NYC.  <_< 

$600 to watch the freakin movie plus an additional $500 to attend the after party.....puh-leeze!  :rolleyes:

I know... damn those charity events for charging so much for a good cause!!!

:rolleyes:

Thank you. :) The money earned from that charity goes towards the building of the Gallo Art Center.

Gallo Art Center RotS Screening

anyone else notice it just costs more if you're in NYC.  <_< 

$600 to watch the freakin movie plus an additional $500 to attend the after party.....puh-leeze!  :rolleyes:

I know... damn those charity events for charging so much for a good cause!!!

:rolleyes:

okay, i have a good cause.....ME! :rolleyes:

$1100 for The Children's Health Center my ass! theres no such thing as charity anymore, someones always gets rich off these charity events.

if you think all of the $1100 per person is going straight towards saving the health center, you need to have your head examined. after everyone invloved takes their cut, maybe, possibly, some poor sick kid will see about $10 of i....if that.

if you don't believe me, heres a good example

lance armstrong and his yellow wrist bands. yeah hes honest but not all the mofo's selling them to suposedly raise money for cancer reseach. :rolleyes:

heres another

the yellow ribbons everyones got hanging outside there house or what have you. you know, people are selling them to raising money for the soldiers overseas. :rolleyes:

if it ain't one scam its another....sorry but i'm a skeptic.

heres another

the yellow ribbons everyones got hanging outside there house or what have you. you know, people are selling them to raising money for the soldiers overseas. :rolleyes:

I think the yellow ribbon may be a poor example.

I've never heard of people selling ribbons to raise money for soldiers overseas. The yellow ribbon is a very old tradition intended to show support for our troops. Families and friends have put up yellow ribbons since (I believe) the Civil War.

Yes, Walmart may sell them. . . You have to get your ribbon somewhere if you want to engage in the tradition! But any "organization" selling them as some type of "soldier's fund" is new to me. As long as they aren't over-charging, however, I don't see the harm.

H

My Brother-in-Law's unit is selling them (Yellow Ribbon) to raise money for stuff they'll need during their tour in Iraq.

Bunch of scammers! :lol:

Edit: But seriously, more power to 'em. Sounds like a great way to supplement their equipment.

Edited by Hurin

heres another

the yellow ribbons everyones got hanging outside there house or what have you.  you know, people are selling them to raising money for the soldiers overseas.  :rolleyes:

I've never heard of people selling ribbons to raise money for soldiers overseas. The yellow ribbon is a very old tradition intended to show support for our troops. Families and friends have put up yellow ribbons since (I believe) the Civil War.

Yes, Walmart may sell them. . . You have to get your ribbon somewhere if you want to engage in the tradition! But any "organization" selling them as some type of "soldier's fund" is new to me. As long as they aren't over-charging, however, I don't see the harm.

H

perhaps over in your neck of the woods thats not the case, over here in NYC, my friggin bodega sells them not to mention just random folks on the streets, yellow ribbons, american flags, yellow wrist bands and anything else they can angle for maximum profit all in the name of charity. :rolleyes:

theres this one dude i see on the train all the time, he claims hes a pastor or something talking about raising money to feed the homeless. mind you this guy rocks a $1K movado watch and got some blingon his fingers, wrist and neck. :rolleyes:

heres another

the yellow ribbons everyones got hanging outside there house or what have you.  you know, people are selling them to raising money for the soldiers overseas.  :rolleyes:

H

perhaps over in your neck of the woods thats not the case, over here in NYC, my friggin bodega sells them not to mention just random folks on the streets, yellow ribbons, american flags, yellow wrist bands and anything else they can angle for maximum profit all in the name of charity. :rolleyes:

theres this one dude i see on the train all the time, he claims hes a pastor or something talking about raising money to feed the homeless. mind you this guy rocks a $1K movado watch and got some blingon his fingers, wrist and neck. :rolleyes:

I think there's a very big difference between some hustler on the subway and a nationally, if not internationally, known charity.

Sure, there are bad seeds in the bunch, but remember that just because an organization is non-profit doesn't mean that someone is making some doughdough out of it. Even the people who run charities need to make a living.

Lucas Promises a 'Sith' Christhmith

George Lucas has indicated that he expects the Star Wars: Episode III -- Revenge of the Sith DVD to be released at Christmas time this year. Lucas made the comment in an interview with MTV.com, which reported that the DVD will offer five or six deleted scenes. Rick McCallum, a producer of the three sequels, told the website: "They were great scenes, but they just had nothing to do with getting straight and cutting to the chase of the story. They were more plot-orientated and more setting up of Coruscant, more setting up of the war and kind of understanding where all the politics were."

Chuey, you live in/near Modesto? We should have lunch sometime if ya do.

Thanks for the invite. Regrettably, I actually live in Sacramento. However half of the chapter of the Star Wars costume club that I lead resides in Modesto. We will support the Gallo Art Center charity with our presence (photo ops), some activities and even a set inside the theater that will be up for two months. In fact, here are some pictures of that imperial/star destroyer set at the Brenden Modesto Theater that my chapter vice president and club members have been making.

th_0be_May20057_004.jpg

th_db8_May20057_011.jpg

Sounds good.

So when's the mondo super special edition come out? :ph34r:

Expect multiple editions. The 30th anniversary of Star Wars will be in 2007. I'm sure LFL will milk it for all its worth. Lucas also announced at Las Vegas's Showest his plans to convert all six films to a 3D format.