The Official Yamato VB-6 Monster Thread

If I was working for Yamato TODAY, as much as it hurts me to say it, I would probably have made some of those decisions to delay some Macross projects and refocus the company resources elsewhere so we can make money. When the time comes where someone influential person backs Macross, those projects can be jump started again, despite the potential for small sales.

IF they could just make this into a 1/72 toy I'd give them my money. :) Fans all need to email them and demand stuff so they know where the money will be.

But by the time that happens we will all be too old to remember what macross was, or too close to death to hand them our money. Seriously I wish they could finish what they started: Instant riches for them from everyone if they put the release of vf19fp at top priority.

As an example, even non-macross fanboys; casual fans who've seen macross plus and recognise it, would buy this imo. It's not all just our selfish needs and wishes that need fullfilling, but a mass majority who geniunely would fork out the money (through preorders?) if they would know about what was going to be released and when. (so they can plan thier purchases better) If many people say they are eager to see a certain something get done, usually they are not lying. People just don't like to be cockteased is all. :D

Mass majority? It won't matter, what matters is what the japanese market want. Like I said before us, the USA market does not factor into yamato. Legally they can deal directly with us. Only with the fanboys over there and suppliers over in HK or japan like monkey N or Neova. And casual fans would buy this? I doubt that. yamato's PV 1/72 toys usually went for around 68oo yen, and that is not a low price. Especially since GUNDAM SEED DESTINY is a big ass name in japan and fans buy it up like humans need water, and even the GQ diecasts are a cheaper than yamatos old macross plus toys. And the majority of fans in japan want gundam not macross. Sad to say but it is true. I highly doubt casual fans would buy a YF19 or even the majority. Majority of the people here and the diehards yes but no casual fan would buy something so complex.

Hello Kitty Squad is still better than Pink Pecker.

A low-vis grey camo scheme or desert camo scheme would be interesting to see on the VB-6. A Blue Rose scheme could also look cool.

Hello kitty rocks but I just find it too violent.

Montarvillois, just to clarify about your signature, does it mean (a) you are a fan of big robots, or (b) a fan of robots with big asses?

Sorry, just had to ask :p

Graham

LMAO

He likes big butts and he can'na lie,

you other brothers cant deny,

when a bot walks in wit an itty biddy waist

and a round tin in ur face,...u get sprung...

BOTTY GOT BACK !!

:p:p:D

Edited by Sam

Hello kitty rocks but I just find it too violent.

Montarvillois, just to clarify about your signature, does it mean (a) you are a fan of big robots, or (b) a fan of robots with big asses?

Sorry, just had to ask :p

Graham

Sad to say, I like robots with big butts....

sweet mac + sweet monster = sweet night :p  :D

Errr... Toonz, did I ever mention yer avatar is sweet... gawd sheez hawt !!!

Gaaahhh....

yeah you did mention before :D

many of you did :D

Maybe we should start an "Official Toonz avatar worship" thread ?

Toonz avatar... prrrr... prrrr.... bzoooing !

sweet mac + sweet monster = sweet night :p  :D

Errr... Toonz, did I ever mention yer avatar is sweet... gawd sheez hawt !!!

Gaaahhh....

yeah you did mention before :D

many of you did :D

Maybe we should start an "Official Toonz avatar worship" thread ?

Toonz avatar... prrrr... prrrr.... bzoooing !

:lol::lol::lol:

On account of the big guy, I had to raise my mid-level shelves by 2" to accomodate it... Could've displayed it in battroid mode with the cannons pointing forward, but it would have totally blocked off some of my 1/55's:

09.jpg

Also decided to junk the 1/60 GBP armor and leave Hikaru's 1J in its original glory - it poses much better now. :-)

Drifand,

OMG NICE DISPLAY!!! Right up there with Sithlord's!

I need to break my Yammies out of their cardboard coffins for some display action! Graham, you gonna come over and help me? heh...

Edited by Neova

Alright I have a question, my cockpit is stuck in the down position, What is a good way to get it back up? I dont want to break anything and I am displaying it in Gerwalk mode...so any helpful suggestions would be great. thanks

Twich

Alright I have a question, my cockpit is stuck in the down position, What is a good way to get it back up? I dont want to break anything and I am displaying it in Gerwalk mode...so any helpful suggestions would be great. thanks

Twich

I had that happen, too. I used a long, thin pencil eraser (the 'extension' kind) to jimmy it back up. It worked good because it was firm enough for leverage but soft enough to not scratch or damage the plastic.

Alright I have a question, my cockpit is stuck in the down position, What is a good way to get it back up?  I dont want to break anything and I am displaying it in Gerwalk mode...so any helpful suggestions would be great.  thanks

Twich

I cover that in my pictorial transformation guide:

http://www.gratuitous-assertions.com/konig_x.htm

The short version is that when you are going back to shuttle mode, before you start locking the hips into place you will find the chest can be rotated down a bit giving more freedom to work the cockpit up and out. I have pictures of the process in the guide.

Edited by peolesdru