R.I.P Christopher Reeve

Ladic

superman.jpg

1952-2004

Superman actor dies

From correspondents in New York

October 11, 2004

CHISTOPHER Reeve, the star of the Superman movies whose near-fatal riding accident nine years ago turned him into a worldwide advocate for spinal cord research, has died. He was 52.

Reeve fell into a coma on Saturday (US time) after going into cardiac arrest while at his New York home.

He died on Sunday, publicist Wesley Combs said.

http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0...5E13780,00.html

Edited by Ladic

I think it goes without saying that this is rather sad. I mean, the man practially defined persistence, considering he never did give up on his own handicap, let alone others in his situation.

He will be missed

Tradition dictates that we shouldn't have RIP threads, but maybe this should be an acception since he was a Sci-Fi star.

What Sci-Fi movie was he in again?

Fantasy star is more like it... Other Anime or Fantasy forum, where we talk about Hobbits and Dragons!

Edit: RIP Mr. Reeve.

Edited by Pat S

Very sad about his passing. Even more than Star Wars, the first Superman movie with reeve was my all time favorite movie as a small child.

I have many fond memories of running around in my superman costume, my cape fluttering behind me... jumping from bunk bed and humming the theme to myself. Even now, when I think about Superman, Christopher Reeve is the version I remember.

More recently, his incredibly brave and public battle with spinal cord injury had me believing that this man, who made me believe that a man could fly, could walk again.

RIP

This guy was my childhood hero! I was running around my house in my superman costume pretending I was Chrostopher Reeve. What's really tragic is his last Superman Movie, Superman 4: The Quest for Peace, was one of the worst movies ever made. RIP Chris Reeve. When pondering his death, for some weird reason (reflex?) the following words came out of my mouth...

"It's Mr. Mischief with a trick up his sleeve

To roll up on you like Christopher Reeves"

"Dont worry i got you ..."

"YOU got me....Whos got you??????"""

This guy is/was responsible for millions of kids around the world running around and jumping off couches in their underware with towels around thier necks....... :p:o:(

The one true "Supes". . .

Not many could really takes his place. . .

Not sure if any could. . .

He will be missed. . .

What a great Monday morning it's been. I get up only to see Katie Couric say "Christopher Reeve has died. Superman is dead." That's not what I want to hear first thing in the morning.

Thanks for the memories, Chris.

Goodbye Superman, rest in peace.

i had one of those weird dreams last night where you're hearing something on the radio and you dream about it. cuz i had a dream C.R. died.

freaky.

to me being a quadropalegic is a fate worse than death, but i guess that just shows my own weakness.