The Nintendo DS & GBA thread

wakobi

From Guntoa :

DS SRW W

Again from Famitsu magazine.

The game comes out for the DS platform on March 1 priced at 6090 yen. It is 90% completed. The "W" in the title stands for the double screen feature of DS and the two scenarios the game will feature.

The game will include the following series:

Gao Gai Gar

Gao Gai Gar Final

Full Metal Panic

Nadesico

Nadesico - The Prince of Darkness

Gundam Wing Endless Waltz

Gundam SEED

Gundam SEED Astray

Gundam SEED X Astray

Tekkaman Blade

Tekkaman Blade II

Detonator Orgun

Mazinkaiser

Mazinkaiser: Shitou! Ankoku Daishogun

Getter Robo G

Shin Getter Robo (original manga version)

Golion !

No Macross? :(

Are they going to make a U.S release of this game? I wish they would make at least one awesome mech game for the DS, why not release it for the U.S, they could make more money if they release it here.

There is not one Super Battle Wars gazme(excluding OG) that was ever treleased here. Ugh...

Are they going to make a U.S release of this game? I wish they would make at least one awesome mech game for the DS, why not release it for the U.S, they could make more money if they release it here.

There is not one Super Battle Wars gazme(excluding OG) that was ever treleased here. Ugh...

Hey, at least you don't need a modded DS to play this one. :D DS games are region free you know. Just import it if you wanna play this one bad.

Didn't follow the SRW W closely, but looks decently nice. The cut-in animation stills look very sharp and high res, though the small robot sprites seem to suffer from the small screen. Can't say the line-up is very impressive though for fans that already played the Alpha series. Just having Golion and Tekkaman as the main new leads seem not quite enough.

For those that love Jump Comics, Jump! Ultimate Stars seems pretty good game too. Pretty much an improved version of Jump! Super Stars with a lot more characters. More old school characters including Saint Seiya, Kenshiro, Momotaro, Kinnikuman are added, as well as the newer Bleach guys, Naruto, One Piece, Bo-bobo and many others are back. A pretty fun and innovative fighting game that involves tapping the comic panels on the touch screen during the fight. For those that haven't tried it before, highly recommended. Especially for people that uses Wifi, you can challenge whoever you can find online.

Sadly, it's not likely we'll ever see an official release of any of the anime crossovers here.

It's just too much of a nightmare to work out all the licensing rights. Even without Harmony Gold having a reason to stick their noses in, it's a mess.

Hmmm... I wonder if there's a Gaogaigar/Golion tag team attack... 6 robot lions are better than 5, right?

Hey, at least you don't need a modded DS to play this one. :D DS games are region free you know. Just import it if you wanna play this one bad.

Didn't follow the SRW W closely, but looks decently nice. The cut-in animation stills look very sharp and high res, though the small robot sprites seem to suffer from the small screen. Can't say the line-up is very impressive though for fans that already played the Alpha series. Just having Golion and Tekkaman as the main new leads seem not quite enough.

For those that love Jump Comics, Jump! Ultimate Stars seems pretty good game too. Pretty much an improved version of Jump! Super Stars with a lot more characters. More old school characters including Saint Seiya, Kenshiro, Momotaro, Kinnikuman are added, as well as the newer Bleach guys, Naruto, One Piece, Bo-bobo and many others are back. A pretty fun and innovative fighting game that involves tapping the comic panels on the touch screen during the fight. For those that haven't tried it before, highly recommended. Especially for people that uses Wifi, you can challenge whoever you can find online.

Still though, it would'nt hurt to see some english words, pisses me off alot that you have to find which command does what and then you do something stupid and get yourself killed.

I at least want to know whats happening in the story, that would make the game so fun..

wow, i never thought i'd buy one of these things, but this thing is loads of fun. already got 2 of my friends to buy this too. one had to be brought in from taiwan too in baby blue ^_^

I picked up castlevania PoR, still need the first one, got ff3 n looking foward to zelda...anything else good? they should make a contra game!

• 3 weeks later...

More than likely it will be much like the FF1, 2, 4, and 5 releases for the GBA.

I nabbed Phoenix Wright 2 recently, more of the same as the original Phoenix Wright, but that's just fine with me. I love it so far. My wife got Hotel Dusk and has been loving that. It's even more like the old PC adventure games, and very stylish to boot.

From magicbox Jan. 31 :

G A M E B O Y A D V A N C E

- Square Enix announced Final Fantasy Finest Box for GameBoy Advance, a collection of Final Fantasy IV Advance, Final Fantasy V Advance and Final Fantasy VI Advance, plus bonus material such as Soundtrack CD for each game, illustration book from Yoshitaka Amano. Final Fantasy Finest Box will be released in March 2007.

• 3 months later...

From Magicbox 05/08 :

- RUMOR : Square Enix is working on a full 3D remake of Final Fantasy IV for Nintendo DS, the game is being developed by Matrix Software, the company developed FFIII for NDS. The remake will have all new episodes throughout the game.

I think its for real, in Nintendo Power, SE did mention something about a few other remakes if they felt the need to.

I think its for real, in Nintendo Power, SE did mention something about a few other remakes if they felt the need to.

Man I am all over this. I am loving the FFIII remake on DS and FFIV is my all time favorite!

I own FFIII DS, but can't play it as I still haven't snagged a DS! Still waiting for a *color*. No black, no white. And definitely no pink. Sigh, why won't they give the US navy blue ones?!?!?! I'd import one, but can't risk dead pixels.

As I said--I can't risk dead pixels. I don't have very good luck with Nintendo portables, screen-wise. Nintendo of America has always been very good about replacing/fixing things---but if I get a Jp one with a pixel problem---there's nothing I can do.

As I said--I can't risk dead pixels. I don't have very good luck with Nintendo portables, screen-wise. Nintendo of America has always been very good about replacing/fixing things---but if I get a Jp one with a pixel problem---there's nothing I can do.

You can try to get one 2nd hand off Ebay, or if you have a good (i mean GOOD, not gamestop-poo <_< ) video game store they might have an import one or two in hand. I made out with some good stiff in this shop near my cousin's home a couple of weeks ago. You could be suprised by what you find, or they may be able to order one for you. Of course if you really care about the color that much it's gonna cost yah.

You don't have to worry about dead pixiles, I think its just over hyped. only thing you have to worry is the hinge crack issue or if you have my luck a blown fuse ,n2 i think it was called but its very fixable, and my other issue the power switch's arm breaks easily on ds lites.

the switch on the side is just a slider that moves a long arm on the switch and it will break so many times you turn it on. it wont affect the dslite but just make it take longer to turn it on and off since i have to remove the power slider and now use just a pocket knife to move the switch to turn it on.

BTW. always leave a card in the slot1, somehow my cousin wanted to play his game on my dslite and forgot to put back my game when he was done; When I put the dslite in my pocket a coin fell into the slot1 and popped the fuse when I turned it on. If your wondering if I should noticed a coin in there, it was a phil 1 peso coin which is large enough that it wont rattle inside and gets locked into place in the device that also locks the card into place too.

Edited by Zentrandude

I do have to worry about dead pixels, as there are DS Lites that have them, including recently-bought Navy ones. I have bought other Nintendo portables that had them. They're out there, and I'm just unlucky enough to have experienced them first-hand.

• 1 month later...