The Nintendo DS & GBA thread

wakobi

I must say after playing my DS-Lite for awhile now, I prefer the GBA-SP cuz of the handling. The NDS-Lite buttons are small plus the D-button has the same hard/sharp edge feel of the original NES D-button. I really say that a system like that needs games like Konami`s SNATCHER.

Final Fantasy IV Trading Arts Mini Figures.

I've been saying that for years. There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't have a DS Snatcher port/remake!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone seen a gold DS Lite? Nowhere around here has one. (And yes I said I didn't like Zelda DS much, but it's like half-price as part of the package---I just haven't decided if the gold is good enough to buy. (Sigh, I still really want Navy, but can't risk importing it due to possible dead pixels--I've had bad luck with Nintendo LCD's, I've had to have several brand-new Gameboys replaced due to bad screens)

Anyone seen a gold DS Lite? Nowhere around here has one. (And yes I said I didn't like Zelda DS much, but it's like half-price as part of the package---I just haven't decided if the gold is good enough to buy. (Sigh, I still really want Navy, but can't risk importing it due to possible dead pixels--I've had bad luck with Nintendo LCD's, I've had to have several brand-new Gameboys replaced due to bad screens)

I haven't seen one yet. I'll be mighty tempted to get one just like I was tempted to get the gold triforce edition of the GBA. Typically I hate gold, but gold Zelda items always bring me back to the good old days of seeing LOZ's gold cartridge for the first time. Nostalgia is a cruel mistress.

• 1 month later...
I haven't seen one yet. I'll be mighty tempted to get one just like I was tempted to get the gold triforce edition of the GBA. Typically I hate gold, but gold Zelda items always bring me back to the good old days of seeing LOZ's gold cartridge for the first time. Nostalgia is a cruel mistress.

The only one that I bought mainly because of look was the NES-style GBA-SP. The original was good but had those lighting deals, plus no chargable batteries. The style was beautiful.

I don't play enough games to justify it, except I've been hitting Gunbound so hard right now for some reason I close my eyes and start seeing those power-angle-wind corrections. :blink:

Just finished Drawn to Life and even though it's an incredibly easy and redundant platformer (and a wee bit RPG) the ability to draw/color various things made it a blast. What's funny is I NEVER would have given this game a chance if I hadn't gotten it by mistake. My wife grabbed it for me as a last-minute Xmas gift thinking it was the new Zelda (the character on the cover does look a little like Windwaker Link). Rather than return it I decided to give it a shot. Glad I did. I hope to see more personalized action games in the future.

As for the cobalt blue DS, I'd rather have that than white. The only reason I got white was because it was better than black and pink. That new red one is a pretty vile looking thing, too.

Is the Zelda gold DS Lite actually ultra-limited or something? (As opposed to the "limited" crimson/black). I have never seen one, nor evidence that a store used to have one, nor has anyone I've talked to. Were they like, Black Friday only or what?

Is the Zelda gold DS Lite actually ultra-limited or something? (As opposed to the "limited" crimson/black). I have never seen one, nor evidence that a store used to have one, nor has anyone I've talked to. Were they like, Black Friday only or what?

I actually saw four of them at Target about two weeks ago. I was very, very tempted to get one, but since I already have a working DS I just couldn't justify it. That was the one and only time I've seen them in person though.

You know whats weird......I just bought a DS Light for myself for christmas I and I just noticed this thread today. <_< I should pay more attention.......it's gonna take me FOREVER to read this entire thread. I want too though....I am VERY happy with my DS purchase.

I got one for Christmas. They had TONS of them at Sam's Club.

I don't know how limited it is, but my store got 4 in for Christmas and they sold out immediately. We haven't gotten anymore since.

Capcom has something special for Phoenix Wright fans waiting for the new game. a "mock trial" demo featuring the first section of the first trial:

http://www.ace-attorney.com/aj/

Also, saw a release list that puts the new game on the street in February.

Thos new Castlevania screens look nice. Looks like they're moving back towards the SotN direction with the character portraits, which is fantastic. As great as the past two games were, the generic anime look really put me off.

• 2 weeks later...

****! The new cobalt blue DS Lite isn't blue! It's "blue" in the same way the crimson one is "red". It's exactly the same as a crimson one, just with blue. 90% black, with blue paint on top. :p

C'mon, at least give us colored BUTTONS or something so that when you actually open it up to play it, it doesn't look IDENTICAL to a pure black one....

• 1 month later...

I don't know, I kinda like the onyx/crimson color scheme. However, since I already own an onyx DS Lite, I won't be buying another one.

The only game system that I have more than one of is the PS2. One is the large version, the other is a Japanese slim PS2 that I bought for playing Japanese games instead of modding the big one.

• 3 months later...