Voltron Toy

EXO

Really don't see the need for this thing. I played with Voltron back when I was a kid and thought the Matchbox version was just fine. It was at least good enough not to warrant another mold being released by Toynami which will probably be ladden with problems. Isn't this thing going to cost over a hundred dollars too? Yeesh.

It is not from Japan so I am not going to buy it.

bit of a closed minded attitude don't you think?

considering the american rewrite of this show is the only version that is popular (even in japan) i think that this figure is from america is fitting.

even just calling it voltron means you are accepting the american version (the japanise version is called "golion")

just something to think about.

I really liked Voltron... I also thought the Matchbox version of the toy was really sweet at the time... But this version looks pretty good... I'll get it... Just to have Voltron in my collection.... sweeeet... :D

Sure, you can't kill someone with this version... but it looks a hell of a lot better than the matchbox "Fatron."

This toy looks awesome and I think a lot of hate is stemming from the anti-HG/Toynami bandwagon and that's sad..

True, we won't know how good it is until we have it in our hot little hands, but I haven't seen any reason to doubt its superiority to previous Voltron toys.

As for not buying it because its made in America.... :rolleyes:

It is not from Japan so I am not going to buy it.

I have couple Soul of Chogokin and they worth every single dollar that I paid.

Same here. Not so much of a sense of being closed minded, but it just the way its sculpt doesn't have the fine Japanese touch like you normally find in and SOC or high end Japanese toys. It doesn't look bad, but not particularly great either, with very very little detail or panel lines found anywhere.

For the price of $150, I would rather go for a SOC Zambot 3 that has far more detail in sculpt & construction.

Toynami to me is only a B- grade company.

They have very bad QC, and their robotech toys are somewhat "over price and don't worth that much".

I am sure that this Voltron will be somewhere around $150 - $200.

And YES, I should call it Golion. (I love the opening theme song for Golion) :lol:

i really don't hate toynami, or HG, i actually love robotech, it just stands that because of quality issues, toynami isn't the best company. i love what they are attempting to do, if they can fix the qc problems, they will definitly be a great company to buy a product from

I say piss on Toynami anyway...they refuse to do anything at all with their Southern Cross license and apparently wont sublet it to someone else. To hell with George Sohn and his company! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

LOL!

SC might not be popular enough for new toys, but that also means it is not popular enough to have some crappy sequal.

That Voltron puts the Matchbox one to shame.

I won't be buying it because Voltron is not my cup of tea. :p

This new Voltron is also growing on me, but the price is rather steep considering we haven't seen any gimiks so far.

IF they release a Vehicle Voltron I'll be even happier. B))

BTW. Which is the newer set of pics? The painted (which doesn't look right) or the prototype (where you can see the details)?

Edited by UN Spacy

They are not going to charge you $100 for that... they have a much better plan:

Voltron Materpiece Edition I: Black Lion

Voltron Materpiece Edition II: Red Lion & Blue Lion

Voltron Materpiece Edition III: Yellow Lion & Blue Lion

Break the toy in 3, put in that nice bookbox that nobody cares about and sell the darn thing for 3x what is worth!

that is how it is marketed on their website, www.toynami.com, which is really stupid, and makes me not want it, i will go to ebay and try to find a better one, i hope they do on the other hand make southern cross, i really want a hovertank that goes into all three modes

Edited by kanedaestes

They are not going to charge you $100 for that... they have a much better plan:

Voltron Materpiece Edition I: Black Lion

Voltron Materpiece Edition II: Red Lion & Blue Lion

Voltron Materpiece Edition III: Yellow Lion & Blue Lion

Break the toy in 3, put in that nice bookbox that nobody cares about and sell the darn thing for 3x what is worth!

haha... it's funny that when you think about it. When you were watching the cartoons as a child, that there's some other child just like you watching the same cartoon... and in 20 years... that kid is gonna bend you over for all you're worth... :lol:

:mellow:

:blink:

i was just on the toynami website and i have realized something, actually i have always known, but i felt i should share my opinion with others. have you ever noticed that they don't actually come up with their own designs unless they have to? i mean look at yamato, when it came time to make the vf-1 toys they redid it so it was no longer like bandai or the others, toynami didn't. the same goes for most of their products, i just saw the speed racer toy on their website, it is the same toy that was released a few years back with a different color scheme. all they do is change colors, or add the smallest bit of articulation and call it a masterpiece, well they need to do a little less masterpiece, and a little more redeisgn of products, which could also help in their qc issue, and make newer, better toys, not rehash of old stuff

Edited by kanedaestes

Well, that is true. And I'd have to agree there. They aren't 'masterpiece' enough, frankly, and that's probably what I couldn't put my finger on when I saw the Lionforce Voltron 'masterpiece'. But that's typical American toys for you though, and at that, they're actually somewhat better than the others.

Upper legs could stand to be thicker. Arms look a little small as well, and you'd think they'd want to make them bigger to solve issues with the lions being widely different sizes.

Otherwize, looks nice.

But I won't touch it. Toynami doesn't know ass about qc.

Yeah, I bought a Legioss. Sigh.

Someone needs to try the gokin fight test on this thing. drop this one on the original toy from five feet up. Then the original onto this one. Repeat until one or both is shattered into robeast leftovers. Declare winner.

Upper legs could stand to be thicker. Arms look a little small as well, and you'd think they'd want to make them bigger to solve issues with the lions being widely different sizes.

Otherwize, looks nice.

But I won't touch it. Toynami doesn't know ass about qc.

Yeah, I bought a Legioss. Sigh.

Someone needs to try the gokin fight test on this thing. drop this one on the original toy from five feet up. Then the original onto this one. Repeat until one or both is shattered into robeast leftovers. Declare winner.

By that logic, I could carve one out of a block of wood that would total both of them.

This isn't for 5 year olds. Most of them don't know who/what Voltron is. This is for old people that know how to treat their toys right. :)

We'll see how it turns out. As far as looks are concerned... this one owns the Matchbox Fatron... :lol:

*goes and looks for pics of Fatron I found in the earlier thread*

Upper legs could stand to be thicker.  Arms look a little small as well, and you'd think they'd want to make them bigger to solve issues with the lions being widely different sizes.

Otherwize, looks nice. 

But I won't touch it.  Toynami doesn't know ass about qc.

Yeah, I bought a Legioss.  Sigh.

Someone needs to try the gokin fight test on this thing.  drop this one on the original toy from five feet up.  Then the original onto this one.  Repeat until one or both is shattered into robeast leftovers.  Declare winner.

By that logic, I could carve one out of a block of wood that would total both of them.

Okay, I admit it. I'm curious. Precisely which logic is "that logic?" :huh:

old skool voltron!

Oh, man. Old skool Voltron kicks ass. I used to play with him whenever I went to my friend's house cos I never had one. Then one day, it was gone. I asked him what he'd done with it and he said he sold it.

Bastard!! If he knew I liked it so much why didn't he sell/give it to MEEE??!

:angry:

... Phew. Anyway, yeah, I prefer this guy over the Toynami. Voltron to me is all about nostalgia anyway.

Upper legs could stand to be thicker.  Arms look a little small as well, and you'd think they'd want to make them bigger to solve issues with the lions being widely different sizes.

Otherwize, looks nice. 

But I won't touch it.  Toynami doesn't know ass about qc.

Yeah, I bought a Legioss.  Sigh.

Someone needs to try the gokin fight test on this thing.  drop this one on the original toy from five feet up.  Then the original onto this one.  Repeat until one or both is shattered into robeast leftovers.  Declare winner.

Okay, I admit it. I'm curious. Precisely which logic is "that logic?" :huh:

Gokin fight test logic... :rolleyes: