Voltron Toy

EXO

I say that anybody who likes Voltron should preorder 2 of these right away! I mean....third time's the charm, right? Sure the MPC VF-1 was sub par, and of course the MPC Alphas came with pre-exploded from the factory, but maybe this time they'll finally get it right. Right?

Edited by bsu legato

I'll agree that the proto definitely looks great.

But I still won't be buying one, likely. For the following reasons -

1. Toynami protos have a tendency of looking alot better than their toys. Even their version of the valkyrie looked much, much better than the toy that eventually arrived on store shelves. Same thing goes for the Alpha.

2. It's overpriced. There's just no reason for it cost that much.

3. I don't really like Voltron enough to really warrant purchasing a newer, better toy. I liked the show when I was a kid and therefore I like the giant bulky diecast toy I had when I was a kid.

But, the proto pictures sure are pretty. Good luck to those of you that are preordering this thing. With Toynami's track record, you are brave souls.

old skool voltron!

Voltron to me is all about nostalgia anyway.

Amen. ;)

I could really care less about nostalgia.

The appeal of the 80's to me is their workmanship. The precision. The perfection of the item. The flawlessness of the mechanics. That's what the Chunky Munky and the original Golion had over the newer toys today. Don't get me wrong. I love the 1:48 and I'm not a strong critic of the Alpha... but I never opened a toy back in the 80's and worried about instant breakage, messy paint, unplayability, missing parts or whatever it was we worry about now. You took it out of the box and you played with it... If that's what nostalgia is, then I guess I can't f'n get over it.

To me there's still toys that continue that tradition. SOCs, BTs and MP Prime are a couple... it's too bad these lines don't mean as much to me as Macross, but it's good to know that there's still people making good toys... personally I think Yamato will get there, it's Toynami I'm worried about.

awww... man... here comes Js and his defective Walmart Prime....

old skool voltron!

Voltron to me is all about nostalgia anyway.

Amen. ;)

I could really care less about nostalgia.

The appeal of the 80's to me is their workmanship. The precision. The perfection of the item. The flawlessness of the mechanics. That's what the Chunky Munky and the original Golion had over the newer toys today. Don't get me wrong. I love the 1:48 and I'm not a strong critic of the Alpha... but I never opened a toy back in the 80's and worried about instant breakage, messy paint, unplayability, missing parts or whatever it was we worry about now. You took it out of the box and you played with it... If that's what nostalgia is, then I guess I can't f'n get over it.

To me there's still toys that continue that tradition. SOCs, BTs and MP Prime are a couple... it's too bad these lines don't mean as much to me as Macross, but it's good to know that there's still people making good toys... personally I think Yamato will get there, it's Toynami I'm worried about.

awww... man... here comes Js and his defective Walmart Prime....

Word, >EXO<.

It's not that their big metal bricks, it's that they are well-made big metal bricks, people! ;)

the trasforming prototype got ugly, that original mockup was pretty looking, lets it looked 'sleeker' than the original voltron, but this prototype just looks anorexic, and the way it is now, it isnt faithful in appearence to the lions or voltron, yes they gave the lions more poseability but they are still all different sizes. for them to truley surpass the original voltron toy in designt hey need to bulk him up and sure he has some rly poseable joints in the legs cuz thats where voltorn was lacking

btw, who the hell drew those characters? they look like poo, especially kieth and the princess

I have the old golion set and I will tell you that nothing beats it. I don't care what Toynami does. I am not a big critic of the Alpha (Still need to write a review of the Alpha) but I am a big critic of the MPC VF-1 series. Again, I will do a wait and see attitude. Frankly I may skip it just because i have the old golion set in gold color instead of chrome.

I'd rather have a toy that actually looks sleek like the one in the show. Not all fat and stupid. That's just me. I don't intend to kill people with my toys anymore... all they have to do is be poseable and look cool without disintegrating(a la VF-11B). The new Voltron beats the old one on both counts. Sure the old one may make people remember when they were kids(as it does for me), but that doesn't really add any value in my book.

As for the price.. that's another issue. I'll wait and get it on ebay for $20. ;)

Given Toynami's track record... I'm going to wait and read some reviews(on other, non-biased sites of course).

They finally got the proto pics up...

I'm gonna wait for JsArclight's review on this toy before I get it... :lol:

(jk Js!)

If some strapping philanthropist like EXO were to buy me one to review I would kindly review it with pleasure...

But the day Toycrappy gets another dollar of my money is the day they start selling "kick toynami in the balls for a buck!" coupons. :p

i was always under the impression that the red and green lions were a bit smaller than the yellow and blue ones. i mean... sure they are all the same size in lion mode in that one pic, but i'm pretty sure that was just lazy animation.

arms are smaller than legs, it makes perfect sence the green and red lions would be smaller.

you people! be happy damn you, just .. be... happy... ! (me too, i need to be happy for a change)

i was always under the impression that the red and green lions were a bit smaller than the yellow and blue ones. i mean... sure they are all the same size in lion mode in that one pic, but i'm pretty sure that was just lazy animation.

arms are smaller than legs, it makes perfect sence the green and red lions would be smaller.

you people! be happy damn you, just .. be... happy... ! (me too, i need to be happy for a change)

Dunno bout you man but I ain't never happy about toynami's price and suspect quality. It does look nice but it ain't perfect, a must buy@50$ but a definite pass or wait n see for 150$

i was always under the impression that the red and green lions were a bit smaller than the yellow and blue ones.  i mean... sure they are all the same size in lion mode in that one pic, but i'm pretty sure that was just lazy animation.

you people! be happy damn you, just .. be... happy... !  (me too,  i need to be happy for a change)

Dunno bout you man but I ain't never happy about toynami's price and suspect quality. It does look nice but it ain't perfect, a must buy@50$ but a definite pass or wait n see for 150$

i mean in general.

i was always under the impression that the red and green lions were a bit smaller than the yellow and blue ones.  i mean... sure they are all the same size in lion mode in that one pic, but i'm pretty sure that was just lazy animation.

you people! be happy damn you, just .. be... happy... !  (me too,  i need to be happy for a change)

i mean in general.

With an avatar like yours, it's kinda hard NOT to be happy :p

Though I have to admit, all I need is one look at Wabbit's avatar and that gets me smiling :)