VF-0S MAX

Scream Man

Im flattered that u guys all seem to like it n all.

anyway heres my VF-0S Max. I basically just tooka Citadel Blue paint and repainted a few bits to make it look different. I then gave it a Max Jenius pilot name sticker.

Im after ome numbers in the same scale as the M0 ones, ideally saying 331 on a white background similar to the zeroes. well, and some the size of the tail and leg fin markings with clear or black backgrounds. But whatever...

Sorry bout the lousy pics, I took em with my phone. Cept this first one, which is what made all the requests for pic sstart:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

im glad u all liked it.

Hmm...I wonder if Yamato will give 'Scream credit when they see this thread and then decide to release this as an official variant of the Zero somewhere down the road...

anyway heres my VF-0S Max. I basically just tooka Citadel Blue paint and repainted a few bits to make it look different. I then gave it a Max Jenius pilot name sticker.

Im after ome numbers in the same scale as the M0 ones, ideally saying 331 on a white background similar to the zeroes. well, and some the size of the tail and leg fin markings with clear or black backgrounds. But whatever...

Sorry bout the lousy pics, I took em with my phone. Cept this first one, which is what made all the requests for pic sstart:

Very nice! Although, for the time period, maybe Pilot Max Jenius, Sr. would have been appropriate. :)

Yamato has to choose wisely on official variants, as only an estimated 4 VF-0S units were made.

http://macross.anime.net/mecha/united_nati.../vf0/index.html

Official? This is a custom scheme. IIRC, so was the LV1. If Yamato was to hold back on producing something like this because it's not canon, that would be insulting to us and themselves.

Milk the molds, Yamato. Milk those molds, 'til they can't be milk-ed no more. ;)

Official? This is a custom scheme. IIRC, so was the LV1. If Yamato was to hold back on producing something like this because it's not canon, that would be insulting to us and themselves.

Milk the molds, Yamato. Milk those molds, 'til they can't be milk-ed no more. ;)

Member myk brought up the "official" part. ;) Of course, just because there were, according to the Compendium, only an estimated 4 VF-0S units made does not mean Yamato doesn't have quite a few other models to produce. I agree with you about milking the molds and giving us more choices as opposed to less. I'd prefer if the new choices did not have breaking biceps though. <_<

Easy solution: same plane wore multiple schemes. Very few planes remain with the same squadron for their entire existence.

The famous Heater-Ferris splinter camo F-14? That was actually the original Wolfpack CAG plane. It went straight from high-vis red to splinter greys.

And if you accept the Hasegawa decals as canon, then a Sundowners CAG plane, which was also the Black Knight's 50th Anniversary plane, later became Shin's F-14! And heck, it went from an F-14A to an F-14A+ Kai (which is no different than the many real F-14A's converted to F-14D's)

So, the 2 "remaining" VF-0S's could have worn several more schemes each, until scrapped or sent to museums. Though being such rare planes, with the VF-0 being replaced by the VF-1 before it even really went into service, probably means they were all scrapped at a young age. And if we assume F-14-style conversions, it's possible some VF-0A's were converted to VF-0S's as replacements for the ones Roy destroyed. :)

Well thank u all :)

i use a pacer pencil with .05mm nibs to do my panel lining. Works ok on most of the surfaces.

As for Max sr; not necessarily, though Max would only hacve been 15 when M0 was set. Im pretty sure he was 16 wehn he first appears in Macross. Also it was just an easy custom to do, I really didbnt think of it logically in story terms :)

Well, this was such a hit ill have to put a bit more effort into finishing the Wolfpack scheme on my 0A! And now im a bit more motivated to make that Low Viz 2 VF-1 varient Ive had in the back of my mind...

Lots of things you could do for Wolfpack markings, depending on if you want 70's, 80's, or VF-0 style camoflage. :) (the toy's stickers seem to be a 70's/80's hybrid)

Things to consider:

Black glareshield ahead of canopy.

Tan radome tip.

White rudders.

Red ventral fins (with white trim striping)

Red fin tips

BTW---The Wolfpack's callsign was "Wichita".

Go here and scroll to the bottom for many pics of an excellent model: http://maxi.gotadsl.co.uk/models/Hasegawa_F14A_011.htm

Lots of things you could do for Wolfpack markings, depending on if you want 70's, 80's, or VF-0 style camoflage. :) (the toy's stickers seem to be a 70's/80's hybrid)

Things to consider:

Tan radome tip.

White rudders.

Red fin tips

Go here and scroll to the bottom for many pics of an excellent model: http://maxi.gotadsl.co.uk/models/Hasegawa_F14A_011.htm

Ive been hesitant to do white, because painting on white always looks really streaky and bad. I suspect UIll do a sort of hyprid; the black stipes get painted red, as do some of thebgrey. Im trying to decide if i want to paint the heatshield or leave it dark grey; it would stand out more on the 0A than on the 0S.

Ill try a hand at it later today. Actually, i kinda cocked up the stickers a bit so i could use a fresh set of WP markings (hint hint). Also; now that anasazi has stopped doing custom stickrs, is there anyone else out there doing them?

There's always real F-14 Wolfpack decals. Though there are none in 1/60 scale as that is not a modeling scale. Currently, the only easily-acquired ones are CAM's:

http://www.brookhursthobbies.com/camdecals...amaction=decals

Though I think Yamato's stickers are a bit closer to 80's than 70's markings. Only source I can think of for 80's Wolfpack decals at the moment is Hasegawa's recent 1/72 kit. Far fewer good pics of 80's Wolfpack planes, despite being longer-lived and more recent, but here's a decent one:

This is a mid/late-80's CAG plane. The regular squadron planes lack the nose markings. Early 80's had red ventral fins, and markings on both sides of the tailfins.

Well, I decided today to work on the Wolfpack valk. again sorry bout the crappy photos.

Basically just painted a lot of the grey stripes red, applied the wolfpack stickers. Ihad a spare wolf logo, so i cut that out for the heatshield logo. worked out pretty well i think.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

So there we go.

...Snip...

im glad u all liked it.

That's some great customizing work. Congratulations

Edited by Lonewolf

Things to consider:

Tan radome tip.

White rudders.

Red fin tips

Once you apply all of the markings to the Hikaru Ichijo’s VF-1J it does a fairly good impersonating a VF-1 F-14. Of course if you make a custom with all the little VF-1 details it would a much closer match; but in the same vein you would have to remove many of Skull Ones markings if you were making a USN VF-84 custom. Since most everyone acknowledges that Skullones colors were inspired by the Jolly Rogers colors you could say the same thing about Hikaru Ichijo’s VF-1J & VF-1.

post-289-1168243246_thumb.jpg