Engage Planet KISSDUM. Coming 2007

UN Spacy

Ok, since my thread was 2 minutes too late and apparently in the wrong section (I was hoping it might have something to do with macross), I'll repost here.

Anyone (Graham I'm looking at you) Have details on this. From what I hear it's from Kawamori's Satlight studio with him as mecha designer. Don't know if any of it is true, but it appears to have variable fighters so it wouldn't surprise me. It also wouldn't surprise me, if it is a Kawamori production if Yamato was involved... Anyway, let the speculation begin.

Hot damn, those fighters look like a cross between the YF-19, VF-4, and a VF-0. But it's only that that's interesting me right now... I don't like the character design, and I'm not getting good vibes from that pic.

I would put VF-9 Cutlass in place of the YF-19, otherwise i agree.

About the vibes too.

Ok...i had no idea what this topic was about....i saw KISS (as in rock stars) and i saw DUM (as in stupid) and totally missed out the Kawamori/Transforming/Mecha parts.

OH

MY

BLEEPING !*(@&!*(@&^($!^($!

GOD

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

THAT LOOKS &!@^#&*^!$# AWESOME.

BRING IT ON!

Just hope it doesn't have the new age hippie bong stuff.

EDIT: Looks like TWO-MIX (of Gundam Wing fame) is doing the music, but wonder why they're called TWO-MIX Delta?

Edited by wolfx

The main guy's face in the back ground with an organic mask of somesort....he probably melds with his mecha or something. Hmmm.

Or maybe this is actually KISS Macross, where pre-pubescent girls will kiss the the 'cockpits' to activate the fighters (and pilots? :lol:)

HmmmmmMmm

From the front on, that VF reminds me more of an SV-51.

And no, I hadn't heard of this, but I shall certainly try to find out more.

Perhaps it's a way around HG's stranglehold on anything with the 'Macross' name in it? :p

Graham

Yamato would be excited, more transforming toys to develop, without import restrictions.

The main guy's face in the back ground with an organic mask of somesort....he probably melds with his mecha or something. Hmmm.

Looks like they are going for that gay Zech's Marquise bad guy crap again.

Honestly... it looks like Kawamori-sama's version of Gundam.

Gundam sounding name: check (キスダム = Kisudamu via Hepburn romanization. ガンダム = Gundamu.)

Char Aznable lookalike villian: check

Young pilots in charge of the latest robotic flying warmachines: check

Anyhow, as Kawamori is credited only with mechanical design, I'm not sure what to either expect, nor make, of this project - other than we see Kawamori-sama revisiting the VF-4 arrangement. Maybe this is the answer to Egan Loo's enigmatic mentioning of Kawamori-sama's personal opinion of the VF-4?

Too right. I want to see how this one transforms. Or, perhaps, maybe in interviews get some answers of the inspirations and origins.

Seriously, it wouldn't hurt to have a 30-year old war hero for once.......

Yamato is thinking: *ching ching* "Merchandise sales if we get the licence" (Face it, Yamato is the best contender for this one so far, Toynami haven't got a hope, and Bandai haven't come up with a complex transforming toy for ages).

Graham is thinking: *ching ching* "Free samples to review!"

Edited by kensei

I can't tell from the small pics in the intro, but it seems like the normal planes are non-transforming cannon fodder, whereas the main guy's one is shown to transform into somewhat gerwalk mode, and looks more like a VTOL hovercraft than a jet.

All these new animes are starting to look the same to me. I see a plane with a Yukikaze vibe with SV-51 nose and canards, rear section and wings from a YF-19, lower intake of a VF-9, and characters that look reminiscent of Eureka 7 and Air Gear. Maybe I've been watching anime for too long.

Just hope it doesn't have the new age hippie bong stuff.

The planes look cool, let's just hope the pilots don't have to sit crosslegged an meditate on the evils of humanity and our impact on nature in order to fly them. LOL, the cockpit's just an empty space with a prayer rug, a hukka, and a sitar. :lol:

Definitely not a Macross related series, there aren't any tree-hugging hippies in the lineup! :p

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Too bad about the E7 characterdesigns, to start: the simply look like crap (and you'll bet they'll have more

screentime that transforming fighters)

and the fact that this may show Kawamori may have some more influence than the Mechadesigns

...increasing the chance of another bloody "Kumbayaa/naturegurou"-anime

Just because I disliked Captain Planet back then, don't mean I'll swallow that Vegitarian/save the world poo today

wow , news travel fast, I was about to start a new thread when I saw this one. :rolleyes:

There are a few things I would like to highlight:

- From the looks of things it would seem like this is more action-orientated than Aquarion or some of Kawamori´s latest tree-hugging-anime offerings.

- Kawamori is only doing the mecha design like in Eureka SeveN so I think we´re safe with this one.

- THIS IS SCHEDULED FOR 2007, WHAT ABOUT MACROSS GADDAMNIT!!??

:angry::(

It seems Kawamori is nowhere near interested in going back to Macross , not even in its 25th annivesary. My hopes of a new Macross show are very slim right now. It´s a shame really since I don´t think this show will make up for a uber-cool macross show, even with the unoffical Valks or even if it totally rocks, it´s still not Macross. <_<

Edited by Aegis!

It seems Kawamori is nowhere near interested in going back to Macross , not even in its 25th annivesary. My hopes of a new Macross show are very slim right now. It´s a shame really since I don´t think this show will make up for a uber-cool macross show, even with the unoffical Valks or even if it totally rocks, it´s still not Macross. <_<

With this new series + the Aquarion OVA 2007 has little to no room for Macross.

Given the overall Macross Zero perception, I'd say that's a good thing. IMHO, Macross Zero gave us the VF-0 and a CGI transformation sequence for the ages, other than that, the story sucked ass.

I say let Macross stand as is, no need to re-visit it, the original series, DYRL, Plus, 7 are all good enough for me.

Wow, thats one nice plane. the missile launcher reminds me of the Exass. Will this plane have gerwalk mode as well. The BGM is from Two-Mix Delta, is this the same as Two Mix from Gundam Wing?