Exhaustive Yamato 1/48 Release List

Hurin

For the Macross Nexus, I've attempted to create an exhaustive, chronological list of all Yamato 1/48 releases. I'm posting it here to share and also in hopes that the huge community here can help point out any glaring errors, problems, or additions.

I think it's pretty darn accurate. I scoured the forums looking for official release dates and also when MWers actually got their greedy paws on them. ;)

I've seen many requests for something like this over the years. . . and some decent ones have been posted. Though, the newest one (with dates) wasn't entirely accurate and also stopped at the Max 1J. And, eventually, it gets lost in the forum churn. So, here's a new one. . . have at it.

Note: Was there a 5th Roy 1S release? I have a feeling there was. . . but can't find a reference to it!

Note 2: Can't do a table with forum. . . so formatting is a lot worse than the actual doc which is at the Nexus here!

Initial Releases

11/2002---VF-1A Hikaru (DYRL)

2/2003---VF-1S Roy (DYRL)

5/2003---VF-1A Max (DYRL)

7/2003---VF-1A Low Visibility (Limited Edition - Non-Canon)

8/2003---VF-1S Hikaru (DYRL)

8/2003---Strike/FAST Pack Armor Set

11/2003---VF-1J Hikaru (TV)

11/2003---Super VF-1J Hikaru (TV)

4/2004---FAST Pack Armor Set (Clear/Transparent - Limited Edition)

4/2004---Super VF-1J Max (TV)

5/2004---Super VF-1J Milia (TV)

9/2005---VF-1A Production Type ("Cannon Fodder")

12/2005---GBP-1S Armor Set

4/2006---VF-1J Stealth (Non-Canon)

4/2006---Super VF-1J Stealth (Non-Canon)

5/2006---VF-1A Low Visibility v2 (Limited Edition - Non-Canon)

7/2006---GBP-1S v2 (Non-Canon Color Variation)

Re-Releases

10/2003---VF-1S Roy (DYRL) (2nd release - improved over 1st)

11/2003---VF-1A Hikaru (DYRL) (2nd release - improved over 1st)

12/2004---VF-1S Roy (DYRL) (3rd release)

8/2005---Strike/FAST Pack Armor Set (2nd release)

8/2005---VF-1S Roy (DYRL) (4th release)

12/2005---VF-1J Hikaru (TV) (2nd release)

1/2006---VF-1S Hikaru (DYRL) (2nd release)

3/2006---VF-1A Hikaru (DYRL) (3rd release)

P.S. Blaine23 had a pretty good list of releases with dates that got things rolling. Thanks Blaine!

Edited by Hurin

This has probably been asked before but I'm feeling lazy, does the LV mark the appearance of the nosecone supports and less removeable wing flaps?

411542[/snapback]

Nope, those changes were introduced with the VF-1A Max :)

Okay, this too has probably been asked before, but wasn't there a reissue Max 1A not long after the first issue? Remember when Neova (or someone) dumped them all for $95 each? I thought that was because Yamato had flooded the market with a second release.

Okay, this too has probably been asked before, but wasn't there a reissue Max 1A not long after the first issue?  Remember when Neova (or someone) dumped them all for $95 each?  I thought that was because Yamato had flooded the market with a second release.

411982[/snapback]

If memory serves, Neova did start selling them at like $90 apiece maybe he did do so in anticipation of another release. But if I recall correctly, others drastically discounted their Max 1A prices long before that rumor was started. I believe I picked up mine for around $100 at about the same time.

Though, as far as I know, the Max 1A re-release never actually panned out. . . and I'm darn near certain there was never an official announcement of one like we've seen via the Yamato newsletter for the various confirmed re-issues.

There has been theories that Yamato did clear some back-stock of the Max 1A and that it was this event that caused people and/or suppliers to believe a new production run of them had taken place.

Or. . . something.

;)

Best,

H

Edited by Hurin

If memory serves, Neova did start selling them at like $90 apiece maybe he did do so in anticipation of another release.  But if I recall correctly, others drastically discounted their Max 1A prices long before that rumor was started.  I believe I picked up mine for around $100 at about the same time.

Though, as far as I know, the Max 1A re-release never actually panned out. . . and I'm darn near certain there was never an official announcement of one like we've seen via the Yamato newsletter for the various confirmed re-issues.

There has been theories that Yamato did clear some back-stock of the Max 1A and that it was this event that caused people and/or suppliers to believe a new production run of them had taken place.

411994[/snapback]

I agree with you totally on that one. I cleaned out Toy-Wave's stock, he actually had to order more from Yamato, and that was it. No more was to be seen by him. I do not think that there was ever a re-release of the Max.

No, there was never a second run of the 1/48 Max 1A.

I believe the first run sold worse than anticipated and some stock did get stored in a warehouse for a while.

AFAIK, I think it's all gone now finally.

Graham

412005[/snapback]

Ouch - does that mean there will likely NEVER be a Max DYRL 1/48 re-issue?!?

:(

If Max 1A did not sell then I guess we will never see Max VF-1S except for the home builts.

You can add the 1/48 TV Max VF-1J with fast packs to the please re-release wish list.

Does anyone have the production numbers of each run?

No, there was never a second run of the 1/48 Max 1A.

I believe the first run sold worse than anticipated and some stock did get stored in a warehouse for a while.

AFAIK, I think it's all gone now finally.

Graham

412005[/snapback]

yeah, most of it is probably in my warehouse now.

412472[/snapback]

Okay... and what are your plans for them, exactly? It sucks that there are quite a few people out there who missed out on the release (I'd be happy to just have ONE), and yet you're apparently sitting on hundreds...

:unsure:

412472[/snapback]

Okay... and what are your plans for them, exactly? It sucks that there are quite a few people out there who missed out on the release (I'd be happy to just have ONE), and yet you're apparently sitting on hundreds...

412477[/snapback]

if not thousands!

or maybe even MILLIONS!!!

:o

:lol:

saying you're a miilionaire online is like saying you're a hot girl online.... anyone can claim it until its time to put out...

412484[/snapback]

Well it shall remain to be unseen since we will never see the collection because Lord Kingfu has them in a warehouse somewhere in the desert. As he said it takes him time to get there and since time is money and he makes a lot of money, it isnt worth his time to drive out and take pictures. :ph34r:

412472[/snapback]

412477[/snapback]

Yeah! I would like one so please sell one to me....

saying you're a miilionaire online is like saying you're a hot girl online.... anyone can claim it until its time to put out...

412484[/snapback]

Well it shall remain to be unseen since we will never see the collection because Lord Kingfu has them in a warehouse somewhere in the desert. As he said it takes him time to get there and since time is money and he makes a lot of money, it isnt worth his time to drive out and take pictures. :ph34r:

412489[/snapback]

Good observation!

412484[/snapback]

412489[/snapback]

Uhmmm... yah...

I could post pics of me and Scarlett Johansson in my yacht's jacuzzi but since my ten thousand dollar camera could get wet in the process then it wouldn't be in my best judgement to screw it up just for some ho...

Oh no! LORD KUNGFU exposed!.....NOOOOOOT! :rolleyes:

Not trying to make this thread about me. <_<

BTW- I still have the VW rabbit (for racing). I still wont pay $10 for l.e.d.s, and have alot more than 20 valks now. Amazing how much life can change in less than 2 years. B))

Well, since you're apparently responding to nobody now, I might as well put back what I wrote. . .

Uhmmm... yah...

I could post pics of me and Scarlett Johansson in my yacht's jacuzzi but since my ten thousand dollar camera could get wet in the process then it wouldn't be in my best judgement to screw it up just for some ho...

412505[/snapback]

Yeah, may I please request that Lord KungFu not be allowed to turn this thread into another one of his: "I'm a millionaire super-businessman who buys truckloads of toys and stores them in my two desert warehouses (so I don't have pictures). . . but I can't afford a down payment on a house and complain about LEDs costs. . . and I drive a VW rabbit" self-aggrandizing threads?

The nice part about having this dated release list is that we can easily compare things like this:

Max 1A 1/48 released: 5/2003

Over a year later, in 8/2004, our beloved Lord KungFu had this to say:

If I had 20 or 1/48, I would definatly do one up. Do thay have any bootleg 1/48?

So, 15 months after Max's release (and less than two years ago) we're to believe that he had very few (if any) 1/48s. Now he's not only somehow bought up entire shipments of Max 1As from Yamato (again, more than a year after its release and long after they were no longer readily available), but in two years has aquired thousands of valks which he keeps in his own private "Area 51" somewhere out in the desert?

Of course, shortly after this comment, in the same thread, our "millionaire" friend complains that $10 was too much to pay for the two LEDs. He then spends his day driving to "20 different Radio Shacks" to find them cheaper. Because that's how multi-millionaires roll! :rolleyes:

Edited by Hurin

Oh no! LORD KUNGFU exposed!.....NOOOOOOT!  :rolleyes:

Not trying to make this thread about me.  <_<

BTW- I still have the VW rabbit (for racing). I still wont pay $10 for l.e.d.s, and have alot more than 20 valks now. Amazing how much life can change in less than 2 years.  B))

412542[/snapback]

not making it about you? Every thread you post on you try to make it about you. Why dont you post more about the topic than supposedly how much stuff you have, then it'll b less about you :roll:. Like I said,... you might as well say your a hot girl, because that's pretty much similar to the kind of thing you do around here.

Oh no! LORD KUNGFU exposed!.....NOOOOOOT!  :rolleyes:

Not trying to make this thread about me.  <_<

BTW- I still have the VW rabbit (for racing). I still wont pay $10 for l.e.d.s, and have alot more than 20 valks now. Amazing how much life can change in less than 2 years.  B))

412542[/snapback]

So, things all turned around for you in two years? How odd. . . considering you wrote this more than a year ago (link):

I have made enough profit from toys to buy a lot of real estate and profit even more from real estate. I am retired for the most part before the age of 30. I was investing well over $30,000 a year in toys and tripling my money on the toys alone.

Now, of course, first you claim that you are under thirty in that post. Yet your profile birthdate states that you were well into your 30s at the time that you wrote that. But assuming that's a typo or mistake on your part (and that you haven't also just made up your age in your profile), you state that you have been a high-rolling toy investor for years prior to that time. . . regularly tripling your $30,000 per year and making even more in real estate. So which is it? Are you under 30? Over 30? Still in puberty? Did things turn around recently or were you rolling in money and semi-retired since well before your third decade? Where exactly do you house your private jet? Does your solid gold toothbrush really get your teeth any cleaner than my Oral-B?

Dude, why not just cut to the chase and admit that you're the exiled President of Nigeria and you need our help!

:rolleyes:

Edited by Hurin

412472[/snapback]

412477[/snapback]

if not thousands!

or maybe even MILLIONS!!!

:o

412479[/snapback]

[spacey Luthor] BILLIONS!!! [/spacey Luthor]

Dude, why not just cut to the chase and admit that you're the exiled President of Nigeria and you need our help!

412561[/snapback]

Because I'M the exiled President of Nigeria!

Anyway... LORD KUNG FU... MW Con is this weekend... but I'm sure you can't drop by with your Lambo because of some fatass excuse of how you'll lose money if you did... or something.

I'm copying that list before it gets lost by topic deletion. <_< Thanks for screwing up another thread LK.

Edited by kensei

Okay I'm just getting sick of reading threads getting continuously derailed by how "OMG I'm rich and you're not but I'm not going to show you pics" by Lord KungFu. This is not even going to be a "put up or shut up" post but a simple shut up and STAY ON TOPIC.

412542[/snapback]

not making it about you? Every thread you post on you try to make it about you. Why dont you post more about the topic than supposedly how much stuff you have, then it'll b less about you :roll:. Like I said,... you might as well say your a hot girl, because that's pretty much similar to the kind of thing you do around here.

412559[/snapback]

:lol: LOL..........OMFG.........are you kidding me EXO. WHAT EV.........

I posted 1 simple line in this thread, with every intention of only posting that one comment(fact). Every single post (15 of them) after that has been to discredit me or make fun of me. I don't mind this and actually expect it, but in no way was I making this thread about me. You guys have a habit of doing that yourself. If Hurin is going to bring up my history in this thread to make look bad, then I would have to respond in this thread like I am doing so now. Of course to defend myself, it would require way too much explaining and bring this topic way off course. Funny how Hurin ask please do not make this thread about LORD KUNGFU, but then immidiatly(SP) brings all these facts about me to show me as a phony. My history is there for anybody to read if they wish to do so. I do not have anything to hide. If I came hear to b.s. everybody, I would have simply used another name and lied my assoff.

Hurin - yes, I do lie about my age. Im in my 30s like most peeps in this forum

I would love to join everbody at the con, but this year I me and my Lambo can't make it. Or is it my Lambo and I? The problem is not the( time = money cliche). My schedule just doesn't match up with the day you guys are having the con. Its 4th July weekend, I got some big wigs I have to brown nose with.

Anyway, thanks to Hurin for the list. I really need it.

Don't hate......appreciate

LORD K.

That's pretty much the reply I expected... I dont expect you to hide anything, just to quit lying or stop showing off... you know the old adage? Put up or shut up? I think it was meant for you.

And, no... I'm not kidding you... :rolleyes:

lol... I missed DA's post... I guess the demand now is just for you to shut up... which is what I'm hoping for also

Don't annoy... pinoy!

EXO

Edited by >EXO<

LOL. . . well just hold on, it only gets funnier.

Just perusing ol' LKF's posts. Funny, one of his very first posts on MW got him in trouble because he took credit for someone else's model work. When people kept giving him a hard time despite him coming clean, he suddenly became a guy who works as a scale model builder for the motion picture industry. And he can get us all jobs just like his!(*) Mind you, this was less than two years ago. Yet, he's written elsewhere that he didn't need a job because he quit it after starting to make so much money selling toys on ebay which began in 1997.(*) And, of course, by 1999 he had created such a toy empire that he was purchasing multiple houses with the profits(*). And the rest is history. . . the history of his ever-increasing, fabulous wealth. But wait. . . if you look back a a couple years, his story unravels completely. . .

He wrote, back in August 2004, that he had been merely living off a hoard of toys that he had accumulated before being laid off. . . and then he lets this little nugget slip. . .

I would do real estate investing, but I just cant come up with a large enough sum of money for a down payment on houses going for $400,000k. And I have unstated income, and banks dont like that. So on with the toys.

Huh? In 2004 he can't afford to start real estate investing? I thought he was buying several houses for himself back in 1999!?! Indeed, that's what he wrote on March 9, 2006 (apparently forgetting his story from two years prior):

BTW, Im living in Southern California, and its before this big real estate boom. So I bought a few houses, super cheap back in 1999. I actually bought a 1200 sq.ft. house, 3 bedroom, 2 bath for $50,000, and they were everywhere.

And from there he begins his story of becoming a real estate tycoon. So, to sum up, In 2004, he claims to be a poor guy who's living off a hoard of toys he accumulated during the dot-com boom who wishes he could afford a single down payment on an investment house in California. Indeed, he states at one point that he intends to sell his only house and move out of (overly expensive) CA so that he can pay cash for a house elsewhere.(*) Yet, inexplicably, in 2006, he writes that since 1997 he has been running a (very) sophisticated business selling toys on the internet and making so much money at it that he was able to invest in several California houses (beginning in 1999), make millions, buy his own helicopter(*), begin importing italian marble(*), and on and on. . .

Let me be blunt here. . . this guy is lying. And there's just no escaping the facts. He has apparently read Rich Dad, Poor Dad (or something similar) and is living it out as a fantasy here while quoting its advice nearly verbatim to back up his charade.

And we're not even touching yet on the claims of having so many Yamatos (now over 2,000 in just two years) and exotic cars. . . nor are we discussing the way he will give excruciating details of how he became so wealthy, yet can't spare any time or details to ever provide one tiny shred of proof.

But, here's the deal, though he's demonstrably a liar, even if he were not, he's just quite simply a jerk. Just glancing through his posts, you see stuff like:

Hey, dont be hatin on me just because I can buy $250,000.00 cars and wreck them at my convenience. Piiish! Im so cool.  B))
I must say, that is a great deal. But Im filthy rich now, so Im not so concered about finding good deals anymore. Hubba Hubba!
the whole lot is worth about $5. Since Im such a cool guy with way more money than I know what to do with, I will give you $12.00 for the whole lot shipped.  B))
uh hum! Over 1,000 1/48.  :o 

Thank you very much.

Now, I could throw down $3500 on shoes and not even blink.

And it just goes on and on. . . Now, this guy is demonstrably lying. But, even if he were not, he'd be a classless stuck up jerk to come into a forum and brag on himself like that. But how much worse is it to be a guy acting like this when it's all made up?

I wish I had the time to ridicule the rest of everything this guy has written, it's all rather priceless. . . :lol:

Best,

H

P.S. Woops! I forgot to mention the most priceless part! It's not nearly as damning as the stuff above, but I find it immensely entertaining that a millionaire real estate/toy/marble investor would post here about ten months ago regarding whether or not he should join the Navy. Of course, at that point, he hadn't yet decided that he was a millionaire real estate/toy/marble investor and that he owns his own helicopter. :lol:

Edited by Hurin