Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

6 minutes ago, jenius said:

PayPal's own page on covered items makes it seem like this guy would lose the dispute... Selling a used item is almost always in the buyers favor.

Step one - file dispute “item not as described; not a new item”. 

Step two - profit. 

Sounds like this buyer didn’t execute step one properly so maybe seller will come out on top.

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F303187766891

I looked up the listing to check it out.  The listing doesn’t describe MISB, unopened, brand new, etc.  It is categorized as new but that could mean new in an opened box.  The picture looks like it was taken from another seller’s listing.  The buyer can claim that the item was not as described, opened, and damaged.

34 minutes ago, jenius said:

No such thing as 'new in an opened box' in my world. If something is sold sealed, new means sealed. Yes, the buyer can lie... Anyone can always lie.

Agreed.

When I called to speak to PayPal regarding seller protection, they seemed to be on my side surprisingly...but who knows, we'll see how this plays out.

10 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

If the box has double tape, the item can be new and the box opened by customs or Bandai.  I think the buyer will win the case.

I don't want to turn this into a rant, but I think the "MISB" tag barely belongs in Macross collecting, and it kind of irritates me when I see people use it.  Arcadia just doesn't seal their boxes in any way; they come from the factory just closed with tabs.  You can't tell if it was ever opened (beyond just looking at box wear).  The HMR line is "sealed" with tape just a hair above scotch tape in quality.  You could very easily fake it, if you were so inclined.  Only the DX line currently has something I might consider a "factory seal."  And even that could be faked, if you really wanted to. 

Luckily, the Macross collecting scene doesn't seem to be as fixated on seals as some other communities; it is more about item condition, especially the condition of what is in the box, from what I've seen. Some of the vintage stuff might have better "factory seals," though.  I don't really collect that.

3 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

-Only the DX line currently has something I might consider a "factory seal." 

Could someone provide a photo or description of that seal, since I ordered a DX that is supposed to be unopened and I would like to be able to verify.

Bandai-DX-VF-1J-Hikaru-6-HD.jpg

7 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

I don't want to turn this into a rant, but I think the "MISB" tag barely belongs in Macross collecting, and it kind of irritates me when I see people use it.  Arcadia just doesn't seal their boxes in any way; they come from the factory just closed with tabs.  You can't tell if it was ever opened (beyond just looking at box wear).  The HMR line is "sealed" with tape just a hair above scotch tape in quality.  You could very easily fake it, if you were so inclined.  Only the DX line currently has something I might consider a "factory seal."  And even that could be faked, if you really wanted to. 

Luckily, the Macross collecting scene doesn't seem to be as fixated on seals as some other communities; it is more about item condition, especially the condition of what is in the box, from what I've seen. Some of the vintage stuff might have better "factory seals," though.  I don't really collect that.

But the DX toys so have nice circle stickers used to seal the toy.

Edited by jenius

8 minutes ago, jenius said:

Bandai-DX-VF-1J-Hikaru-6-HD.jpg

But the DX toys so have nice circle stickers used to seal the toy.

Sure, like I said, the DX line is the modern line that I would say has something resembling a "factory seal." (Although their accessories packs are often closed with the same cheap tape as the HMR line)  And since that is the product in question here, I guess is applicable.  It was more of a mini-rant about the overuse of the "MISB" in general; not specifically the DX line.

But those circle stickers are far from unique to Bandai (they aren't holographic or anything).  They can be purchased and used to fake it.  But cheaters will cheat, liars will lie, etc. 

I was mostly pointing out that the term "MISB" has been conflated beyond what it is supposed to mean, and used when it shouldn't be used, and so it seems to be open to interpretation, when it really shouldn't be.

On 6/10/2019 at 3:13 PM, canklebreaker said:

All is good now, maybe the site was glitching earlier but I was finally able to check out. Hopefully the condition of the rest of the figure is good!

I managed to scoop it up. :)

Anyone know of a decent rotating display? Thanks for the recs on the ones that prop the figure up, think I'm going with the flightpose ones.

http://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/DetailPage/item?itemCode=1113706307&ref=mail&lang=en

If this is the item that was bought on Mandarake and sold on ebay, then it was opened with a piece missing.  Not new.

3 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

http://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/DetailPage/item?itemCode=1113706307&ref=mail&lang=en

If this is the item that was bought on Mandarake and sold on ebay, then it was opened with a piece missing.  Not new.

Well yeah, selling a used item missing a part would sure be a whole different story than saying a sealed item was sold only to find out later a part was missing....

I actually didn't go thru with that order after attempting to check out, was unable to complete that transaction when it went live. So no, I didn't sell a figure that was open and missing a piece as MISB...cmon. Your first link of the sold listing wasn't even mine.

You don't get over 500 transactions with 100% feedback by accident. Didn't mean to derail this thread, lets get back on topic.

Edited by canklebreaker

Dude give it a break, I simply asked for other's opinion and stated the facts and here you are saying things you have no idea about. Get your facts straight.

Update: buyer just messaged me saying "Are you sure you want an opened, used Valkyrie returned to you? Or would you rather give me a partial refund? Thing is, after transforming it a few times more over the past few days, the joint does seem stable...despite the flaw I'd keep it if I got a partial refund."

Giving me ammo to send to PP.

Edited by canklebreaker

I was reading a post on FB from the Macross Fans - US group page.  Someone from the board here posted promoting MW and a guy replied: "They are the reason why preorders run out on Bandai valks."  Kinda got a kick out of that :vava:  For example, I'm sure this thread provides lurkers with a ton of info who don't actually contribute. *shrugs*

Edited by DYRL VF-1S

8 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

It doesn't matter what you post....it's all lies! :rolleyes:

Lol...you guys are brutal.  You all know that Mandarake allows you to process your item in cart and then they send a follow up email confirming availability before you can pay.  If that was a storefront item, it might have been sold locally or even to someone online before @canklebreaker was able to acquire it.  It's very possible that he indeed snagged it during the day in the States only to be told over night (with the time difference) that the item was no longer available. 

41 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

Dude give it a break, I simply asked for other's opinion and stated the facts and here you are saying things you have no idea about. Get your facts straight.

Update: buyer just messaged me saying "Are you sure you want an opened, used Valkyrie returned to you? Or would you rather give me a partial refund? Thing is, after transforming it a few times more over the past few days, the joint does seem stable...despite the flaw I'd keep it if I got a partial refund."

Giving me ammo to send to PP.

This is why I hate selling things on ebay. Too many of what I call "b**** buyers" on there like the one you''re currently dealing with.

2 hours ago, theraiden said:

Could someone provide a photo or description of that seal, since I ordered a DX that is supposed to be unopened and I would like to be able to verify.

The ones that shipped in styrofoam trays, they taped the cardboard top down all around the periphery of the styrofoam. The VF-31 figures and VF-1 don't have that anymore.

27 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I was reading a post on FB from the Macross Fans - US group page.  Someone from the board here posted promoting MW and a guy replied: "They are the reason why preorders run out on Bandai valks."  Kinda got a kick out of that :vava:  For example, I'm sure this thread provides lurkers with a ton of info who don't actually contribute. *shrugs*

The "hardcore" collectors blame the scalpers.  The "casual" collectors blame the hardcore collectors.  It's the hate food chain :p.

I just blame Bandai.

3 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

HAHA.  I'm with you there.  And it never hurts to blame HG either!

Yeah.. that's my biggest problem right there. I mean, if I miss a Metal Build or SoC pre-order I can always try again when it hits the US retailers. Not so with Macross stuff unless it's HG approved Robotech stuff.

47 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

So the reason that the MB Evas are so hard to get is because of all the users over at the EvaWorld forums? 8)

Oh you collect star wars?
You must have many "RARE" collectibles!!  

When BB-8 branded water bottles showed up at the 99cent store a week after the force awakens trailer premiered, I LOL'd!

Side Note!
I live out in LA and lost a Bandai HCM VF-1J by placing it on the top of my display case right before the Northridge quake.
Never store a Valk in Battroid mode ^_^ in a display case.

Edited by oshanmacross

I had an ebay buyer say the item i sold had a broken shoulder. It was the first MP Hotrod, and it was mint in box, not sealed. He asked for an 80 bucks refund, and sent pictures of the smashed box. In my case, i had insurance on the item, and they quickly paid the item in full. So i refunded the 80 bucks, kept the rest, and insurance paid me in full for the item. Apparently the item was smashed on route, but i had packed that thing very well, so even then i was suspicious of the whole thing. Later on i did learn the figure or some of them had shoulder issues. 

I was lucky, because in my case, the buyer sent pics of the smashed outer box. I guess fedex played a game of football with the box.

In your case, it could be a trick from the buyer, but I don't want to fuel suspicions. It is weird that your buyer is now saying the item is stable, since he has been transforming it more times. Did he claim the ankles were weak? somehow i missed that part.

Edited by vlenhoff

All of you are going to hate this:

Another DX VF-1J (with stand) is up for grabs on Manda (unopened, box damaged) for 38K yen..

* That's Kronos pricing right here minus the yellowing and cracking hinge joints * :blink:

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1103521990&ref=list&dispCount=240&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

Edit: Dang... Can't spell right.

Edited by borgified

8 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

In your case, it could be a trick from the buyer, but I don't want to fuel suspicions. It is weird that your buyer is now saying the item is stable, since he has been transforming it more times. Did he claim the ankles were weak? somehow i missed that part.

His claim was that the shoulder joint was put in correctly, the "rivet" or metal pin was put in crooked, thus causing stress marks on the plastic of one of the shoulders. I didn't bother responding to his message yesterday and will leave it up to him to proceed with the PP process and see where it takes us.