Bandai DX Chogokin 1/48 VF-1

IXTL

Well my guess was going to be April 2020 but isn't that when the second wave of Strike Parts are due now? I wonder if they bumped a VF-1 to do a second run of strike parts. If they did, we may have to wait until like June 2020. 

14 minutes ago, jenius said:

Well my guess was going to be April 2020 but isn't that when the second wave of Strike Parts are due now? I wonder if they bumped a VF-1 to do a second run of strike parts. If they did, we may have to wait until like June 2020. 

Yes, that's what I saw too in regards to the second wave of the Strike Parts - April 2020.  Would love to see something potentially sooner but there's a lot in the pipeline already and my wallet could use a little break anyways.  On a side note, I enjoyed your video review on the DX VF-1J.  My wife gave me this funny "what are you watching" look when I launched the video...

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

dx_vf1s_strike_03.jpg.9d440f7a472747bbb0c826d9880d7548.jpg

Interesting, is that a typo? It says VF-1S in the title but VF-1J in the subtitle.  Wonder if they'll do another run for the missiles at some point.  I'm not too familiar with the DX line in general, do they typically do re-releases bundled with strike parts/missiles?

13 minutes ago, MacrossDYRL said:

I'm not too familiar with the DX line in general, do they typically do re-releases bundled with strike parts/missiles?

AFAIK, Bandai's DX Macross line doesn't do re-releases bundled with the Tamashii Web Exclusive add-on parts.

The only indication that they might and this will be the first time IIRC is the tag shown with Alto's YF-29 display that will come bundled with the Super Pack during the Macross Crossover Live 2019 event few weeks ago.

macrosscrossoverlive2019_YF29_01.jpg.61302dbd4e04eb1b4fe5b5b9129219b5.jpg

macrosscrossoverlive2019_YF29_02.jpg.711196263e41b03ce20d96e765fc26bd.jpg

But then again, anyone's guess is as good as everyone's guesses. Knowing Bandai... they just might surprise as one day with an announcement. For now, if you could afford the Tamashii Web Exclusive add-on parts for any Valks that you like, just go get it. Instead of being sorry later on and pay more.

2 hours ago, jenius said:

Yeah, that’s what I’d be afraid of. I’m just hoping that the the 1J was an initial run to test the market, and after the quick turnaround of 1A to 1S, we see something sooner. In theory, the molds exist now for a whole badass run between SDFM TV and DYRL. Paint and markings would be the major changes.

3 hours ago, MacrossDYRL said:

Interesting, is that a typo? It says VF-1S in the title but VF-1J in the subtitle.  Wonder if they'll do another run for the missiles at some point.  I'm not too familiar with the DX line in general, do they typically do re-releases bundled with strike parts/missiles?

As far as I can tell, the part with the VF-1J is just a bad "translation" (I use the term loosely) of the part above.  More of a typo than anything.

3 hours ago, Sandman said:

They kind of did it with the v1 VF-25F movie edition bundled with super parts. It was colored different though. The V1 VF-25s also had a edition that included the armoured parts.

I was kind of referring that Bandai hasn't done any bundle afterwards upon its first release on the Renewals and onwards. The only Valks (from Renewal and onwards) that I know of that got released bundled with its packs and options sets are the VF-27 and the V/YF-19. I'm not sure if we can consider Maruyama's VF-171 a special case since it's not a direct reissue of Alto's VF-171 nor Cannon Fodder's VF-171 that comes with its add-on parts.

But the thing here is that Bandai is so unpredictable so we really cannot tell if ever there will be any releases beyond what they're going to release and expect them down the line to reissue some bundled with the add-on stuff.

Edited by no3Ljm

5 hours ago, MacrossDYRL said:

My guess is that someone updated a VF-1J graphic to create the VF-1S graphic and missed one of the little areas that should have been updated.

@jenius Enjoyed the review, per usual.  I do think there is some "perfect" ratio of number of valks you want to own vs the number of missile kits you buy, where you might theoretically save a little money per valk, compared to a 1/60 valk.  But it is pretty unlikely most people are going to hit that exact ratio.  And that is assuming you can even get them at MSRP, which is a hard task.

I noticed you posted the paragraph about "number one concern" twice on the text review.  Also sent you a message about fixing your video alignment, if you want to use it.

Your post has given me a though to re-juggle my HMR shelf as it's still a work in progress. ;)

The dream of a bundled set of all the needed accessories in the DX VF-1 like the 1/48 Yammie Hikaru and M&M's complete set, and the 1/60 VF-1J with the GBP.  

35 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

That GBP looks overweight... Did it ever look like that?

Actually I have always thought that the Yammie v2 1/60 and Bandai HMR versions of the GBP were all a bit too "skinny".  The 1/48 GBP was the only one that gave the same hefty impression that I got from the TV show as a kid. 

Can I get your guys' opinions...I sold a MISB 1J, buyer receives it and says it has manufacturer's defect, wants partial refund saying "item not as described". Yet I described it as a brand new item, which it was. Is he entitled to a refund? It seems unfair that I should be responsible for something I had no knowledge of.

PayPal SHOULD side with you if it is a complaint and you should refer the buyer to the manufacturer... Which won't get them far but that's not your issue. If you described the item as new and sealed, and it was, you can't be held responsible. If they lie things will get ugly.

7 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

Can I get your guys' opinions...I sold a MISB 1J, buyer receives it and says it has manufacturer's defect, wants partial refund saying "item not as described". Yet I described it as a brand new item, which it was. Is he entitled to a refund? It seems unfair that I should be responsible for something I had no knowledge of.

How could you have possibly "described" a defect if it was sealed? You don't have xray vision. The buyer even says it's a "manufacturer defect", it's not your defect, take it to the manufacturer then.

Thats what I figured but they are currently siding with him unfortunately and asking him to send it back to me to verify if it is what I sent him. Scumbag wanted a $80 refund at first and all of a sudden opened dispute for $100. Hopefully after I inspect it and provide PP more info they'll rule in my favor.

3 minutes ago, sixtybucks said:

How could you have possibly "described" a defect if it was sealed? You don't have xray vision. The buyer even says it's a "manufacturer defect", it's not your defect, take it to the manufacturer then.

I even tried explaining that to them...

Edited by canklebreaker

7 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

This question probably better suited for another thread, like this one:

But I would say that it is more Bandai's issue than yours.  Anytime I sell an item I didn't make myself, I make sure to mention I am selling it as-is, and I'm not responsible for anything that may be wrong with it due to manufacturer error.  Even if it is MISB.  I hope you mentioned that when you sold it.

As far as the GBP, I actually like the way the v2 handles it (with folding leg fins).  I think the Yamato 1/48 GBP is actually TOO big.  Still on the fence whether or not I'm even going to mess with GBP in the Bandai 1/48 line, though.

Thats good advice, I figured saying it was MISB would've suffice but I guess not. I'll do so moving forward. Live and learn. I had no intention of selling the only 1J I had either but my dog ruptured her ACL and need to fund her surgery, sigh. Thanks anyways ya'll, helps knowing I didn't do anything wrong I guess. I have over 500 100% feedback on eBay and he had 10...

33 minutes ago, canklebreaker said:

Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately 99% of the time eBay/PayPal will slide with the buyer in a dispute. 

I always check the blacklist on the FS subforum when selling something. Have even had to cancel bids on eBay because the bidders were notorious for discount/refund fishing. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods