Jump to content
Arkham

Arcadia 1/60 "stand"

Recommended Posts

Stupid question: anyway to attach any 1/48 yammies to this stand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Attachment point is the same.

I do not seems to have any adapter for stand in my 1/48 box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, kkx said:

I do not seems to have any adapter for stand in my 1/48 box.

the yamato 1/48 did not come with adapters,   the old Yamato launch arms is the one that includes the 1/48 adapters

Also, arcadia never made a 1/48 vf-1 so that's why they did not include it in their launch arm.  

 

You can get 1/48 adapters from yetistand.  but you should probably ask if it will fit, just in case. 

https://www.yetistand.com/product/yamato-1-48-fighter-gerwalk-adapter

https://www.yetistand.com/product/yamato-1-48-battroid-adapter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, F360 said:

the yamato 1/48 did not come with adapters,   the old Yamato launch arms is the one that includes the 1/48 adapters

Also, arcadia never made a 1/48 vf-1 so that's why they did not include it in their launch arm.  

 

You can get 1/48 adapters from yetistand.  but you should probably ask if it will fit, just in case. 

https://www.yetistand.com/product/yamato-1-48-fighter-gerwalk-adapter

https://www.yetistand.com/product/yamato-1-48-battroid-adapter

Perfect. Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The bar in the middle is really distracting.

I know it will be hard to secure the valk but using the now purely decorative clamp to hold the valk looks much nicer.

Dry tested it a bit and it seems to works ok. Only need to find a way to secure the clamp onto the top of the middle bar. I think a simple connector can be 3D printed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All the Yeti adapters made for Yamato should work with the Arcadia stand as Yeti uses the same size tab as Yamato/Arcadia. Standardization is great, isn't it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought three. Digging the look and the heft, though it seems at the most angled my Super 1S has a tendency to rotate a bit - not enough tension to hold it entirely sideways.

i feel like the adapter for fighter mode is set so the weight isn’t quite centered.

 

Anyone who bought these new stands have one of Arcadia’s clear simple stands they’re looking to unload?

 

one of these I mean:

 

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1065690534&ref=alist&lang=en

 

looking for one for my 35th 1j. 

Edited by jeniusornome

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having the weight off-center is a common problem with Yamato/Arcadia's adapters. It's why there's a Yeti VF-17 adapter; the default adapter is way off center and all the weight was in the back. So I asked Yeti about it and he made an all new, better centered adapter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jeniusornome said:

I bought three. Digging the look and the heft, though it seems at the most angled my Super 1S has a tendency to rotate a bit - not enough tension to hold it entirely sideways.

i feel like the adapter for fighter mode is set so the weight isn’t quite centered.

 

Anyone who bought these new stands have one of Arcadia’s clear simple stands they’re looking to unload?

 

one of these I mean:

 

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1065690534&ref=alist&lang=en

 

looking for one for my 35th 1j. 

you can try your lock.  .. They seem to end around 5000yen each. 

https://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/auction/c759093946

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Lolicon aha, tyvm for that. I thought maybe I was doing something wrong but couldn't find another way for it to go on there.

Thanks @F360 I might check out YJ... although that Buyee link has a warning at the top that says Buyee has reviewed the item and it is prohibited for bidding, not sure what that's about...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/15/2019 at 8:03 PM, kkx said:

Stupid question: anyway to attach any 1/48 yammies to this stand?

 

On 7/15/2019 at 8:12 PM, nightmareB4macross said:

Attachment point is the same.

 

On 7/15/2019 at 8:15 PM, kkx said:

I do not seems to have any adapter for stand in my 1/48 box.

 

On 7/15/2019 at 8:54 PM, F360 said:

the yamato 1/48 did not come with adapters,   the old Yamato launch arms is the one that includes the 1/48 adapters

Also, arcadia never made a 1/48 vf-1 so that's why they did not include it in their launch arm.  

 

You can get 1/48 adapters from yetistand.  but you should probably ask if it will fit, just in case. 

https://www.yetistand.com/product/yamato-1-48-fighter-gerwalk-adapter

https://www.yetistand.com/product/yamato-1-48-battroid-adapter

 

On 7/15/2019 at 9:20 PM, kkx said:

Perfect. Thanks.

I actually did a 1/48 Milia with the Arcadia stand and flipped the valk around so the adapter nub is sitting behind the head.

The old Yammie valk stand can be found on Manda and Amiami

4 hours ago, Convectuoso said:

is this compatible with the Yamato YF-19?

Should be able to as the Arcadia valk stand is actually re-enginnered from the Yammie version. 

DSC01555 (2).JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can I use the Arcadia stand for a Yamato VF-17 in all modes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, blackconvoy_D01 said:

Can I use the Arcadia stand for a Yamato VF-17 in all modes?

Providing that if you have the adapters from the set, I'm sure that you should be able to (circled here from jenuis' blog).

* The second pics is the OG adapters from Yamato Valk stand or get one from Yeti (I'm sure that there is one for the VF-17 in the OG stand) *

Edit: Dang it! Now you made me want to get a VF-17. :lol:

InkedYamato-VF-17-2_LI.jpg

InkedYamato-MACROSS-Display-Stand-for-Valkyrie-1-60-1-48_LI.jpg

Edited by borgified

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeti's site is still down.  Anybody know if he made an adaptor for the Yamato 1/48 GBP Armor battroid?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, claude grant said:

Yeti's site is still down.  Anybody know if he made an adaptor for the Yamato 1/48 GBP Armor battroid?

IIRC, he did. It was in his 1/48 section of adapters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yamato & Arcadia are both good stands in my opinion

 

The old Yamato comes with a lot of adapters for 1/48, 1/72 and 1/60 v.1 valkys and the Arcadia comes with VF-0 adapters and has a big base with better stability for those big valks like SV-51.  Another difference is the Yammie has a metal main arm and the Arcadia is made in plastic

 

comp4.thumb.jpg.ee28e37abab623ca1f5311c2880fef77.jpgcomp3a.jpg.45edb8b47bd06fa688dcc8b745afc741.jpgcomp2.jpg.acefa2903fbebc5b0c34ef93007e4320.jpgcomp1.thumb.jpg.aeb42332da3503714e24c7a2f43d93f0.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Darotower said:

Yamato & Arcadia are both good stands in my opinion

 

The old Yamato comes with a lot of adapters for 1/48, 1/72 and 1/60 v.1 valkys and the Arcadia comes with VF-0 adapters and has a big base with better stability for those big valks like SV-51.  Another difference is the Yammie has a metal main arm and the Arcadia is made in plastic

 

comp4.thumb.jpg.ee28e37abab623ca1f5311c2880fef77.jpgcomp3a.jpg.45edb8b47bd06fa688dcc8b745afc741.jpgcomp2.jpg.acefa2903fbebc5b0c34ef93007e4320.jpgcomp1.thumb.jpg.aeb42332da3503714e24c7a2f43d93f0.jpg

I feel like Arcadia's should be called a platform rather than a stand- based on this comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...