Your most recent Macross or toy purchase! General thread.

Gakken85

Why is the cost of shipping to some of these countries so high?

Is it because of some trade agreement or not a lot of ships/planes travel there?

On a separate note, that YF-30 is looking really good in that picture. Can't wait to get my hands on mine.

probably the distances involved and the fact not as much stuff would ship here as it does to other countries with much larger populations.

Why is the cost of shipping to some of these countries so high?

Is it because of some trade agreement or not a lot of ships/planes travel there?

On a separate note, that YF-30 is looking really good in that picture. Can't wait to get my hands on mine.

probably the distances involved and the fact not as much stuff would ship here as it does to other countries with much larger populations.

i think the main issue is the the frecuency of planes. still sometimes even with high postage i manage get some stuff. even from australia, im waiting for a package from Popcultcha.

god bless e-commerce XD

What website do you guys buy your figures from normally?

Hobby Link Japan (HLJ) - not too big a discount but excellent customer service - my personal go to shop for Valks

Hobby Search - well respected - only ordered from them once

amiami - big discounts usually, not marvellous in customer service

Big in Japan - good discounts - not a lot of stock (of Valks) usually - mark down the value on shipping so you pay less or no duty

Nippon Yasan - Usually have stock with a discount initially - then ever rising prices and lousy customer service - I avoid them if at all possible

CDJapan - no personal experience

Yesasia - see above

Jungle - not yet used them but plenty of folks around here do, Spanner76 is usually clearing their shelves!

Edited by Moosey

Hobby Link Japan (HLJ) - not too big a discount but excellent customer service - my personal go to shop for Valks

Hobby Search - well respected - only ordered from them once

amiami - big discounts usually, not marvellous in customer service

Big in Japan - good discounts - not a lot of stock (of Valks) usually - mark down the value on shipping so you pay less or no duty

Nippon Yasan - Usually have stock with a discount initially - then ever rising prices and lousy customer service - I avoid them if at all possible

CDJapan - no personal experience

Yesasia - see above

Jungle - not yet used them but plenty of folks around here do, Spanner76 is usually clearing their shelves!

Add Mandarake - They sell products like in jungle, from unopened to opened and used. Normally do you have a text which says what problem you can have with the figure if there is one that is pretty visible. I never had any problem with Mandarake as half my collection of Myth Cloths and all my collection of Figmas, Revoltech Mecha, Robot Spirits and A3 Mecha from Muv-Luv were bought in Mandarake

Edited by Alberich

Frakk it, I bought some Legos.

attachicon.gif20151011_201553.jpg

I also got in some of my Figma Attack on Titan figures, I should have gotten them long ago, they're pretty great, I personally think they're some of the best figures put out by Figma. I also managed to snag another Alien Warrior for $25 shipped, I only had one, and that's just not enough for a single Predator, he needs two to fight to look cool, badasses always need extra fodder to prove how awesome they are.

Nice! The AoT figmas are some of my favorites! I suggest picking up the Levi Cleaning ver. Comes with a dynamic hair piece for Mikasa

431EDB44-1A81-4190-A8D6-615F113935C5.jpg

Edited by anubis20

Add Mandarake - They sell products like in jungle, from unopened to opened and used. Normally do you have a text which says what problem you can have with the figure if there is one that is pretty visible. I never had any problem with Mandarake as half my collection of Myth Cloths and all my collection of Figmas, Revoltech Mecha, Robot Spirits and A3 Mecha from Muv-Luv were bought in Mandarake

Of course I should have mentioned Manda, doh! Thanks for the correction!

Nice! The AoT figmas are some of my favorites! I suggest picking up the Levi Cleaning ver. Comes with a dynamic hair piece for Mikasa

Cleaning Levi and Armin are on the way from another site :). The maneuver gear can get a bit fiddly, but overall, they're damn fine figures, I just wish someone made some kind of titans to go with them.

that led unit costs 100 bucks, too rich for my blood

I agree its a ripoff but a must have in my opinion with this kit. Well played by Bandai.

just tamiya spray can gold :)

Thanks! Will be painting those pieces on mine. The gold colored unpainted plastic looks bad out of the box.

I've always liked the look of Gundam mecha but this one is just insanely beautiful to look at! Do all the panels open up one by one or is there some mechanism that does it all in one fluid motion?

Either way, I love the pics!

[bandai PG]【Banshee Norn NTD mode!】 light up!
*snip*
I also submitted my work to MG modeler gallery jp too :)

Those pictures look awesome and are the first depictions of the LED-lit frame that somewhat sell the feature to me. Still not a huge fan of it (the same goes for the translucent parts). Great pictures though! Thanks for sharing. :)

[bandai PG]【Banshee Norn NTD mode!】 light up!
I also submitted my work to MG modeler gallery jp too :)

Man, those PG Unicorns look really good when it lights up like that.

It's too bad that I'm so burned out on gunpla, not to mention my mountain of backlog kits. :ph34r:

Otherwise, I would've grabbed one.

Man, those PG Unicorns look really good when it lights up like that.

It's too bad that I'm so burned out on gunpla, not to mention my mountain of backlog kits. :ph34r:

Otherwise, I would've grabbed one.

i got burnt out of gunpla a year ago after 3 straight years of populating my bookshelf and also have a load of kits unassembled...now its admiration and the odd one here and there...iron blood orphans does look good tho...am hoping i wont get burnt out of macross, although it would be more of a financial issue rather than trying to keep up with many releases.. ^_^

i got burnt out of gunpla a year ago after 3 straight years of populating my bookshelf and also have a load of kits unassembled...now its admiration and the odd one here and there...iron blood orphans does look good tho...am hoping i wont get burnt out of macross, although it would be more of a financial issue rather than trying to keep up with many releases.. ^_^

yeah, i know what you mean. It felt like for the amount of hours I put into building gunpla, I could have use the time to do something more productive. Even if I finish my backlog I wouldn't have space to display them anyway. lol I pretty much boxed up ALL of my HGUC stuff (like 60 of them) to make room for my Macross stuff.

The only thing i'm looking forward to in Gunpla are MG Altron and V2.

Iron Blood Orphans look really good. I hope they keep the gritty and iron-blooded approach to this new series. No more pacifists inside a weapon of mass destruction please, got really tired of that Jesus Yamato crap.

I'm feeling that financial fatigued regarding Macross stuff too, that's why I complain about Arcadia all the time lol. I really wanted to support them, but I just feel like they're asking too much.

I hope Bandai stay in that 150-200 dollar price range for their Macross Delta stuff, and not follow in Arcadia footstep into the 250-300+ range. Otherwise, I'll be out of collecting Macross toys.

Edited by Reaction Warhead

yeah, i know what you mean. It felt like for the amount of hours I put into building gunpla, I could have use the time to do something more productive. Even if I finish my backlog I wouldn't have space to display them anyway. lol I pretty much boxed up ALL of my HGUC stuff (like 60 of them) to make room for my Macross stuff.

The only thing i'm looking forward to in Gunpla are MG Altron and V2.

Iron Blood Orphans look really good. I hope they keep the gritty and iron-blooded approach to this new series. No more pacifists inside a weapon of mass destruction please, got really tired of that Jesus Yamato crap.

I'm feeling that financial fatigued regarding Macross stuff too, that's why I complain about Arcadia all the time lol. I really wanted to support them, but I just feel like they're asking too much.

I hope Bandai stay in that 150-200 dollar price range for their Macross Delta stuff, and not follow in Arcadia footstep into the 250-300+ range. Otherwise, I'll be out of collecting Macross toys.

The MG Altron does look wicked with those double extension claws! If only i had started the MG EW collection which i said i would but didnt! :p

The only reason pacifists are needed in gundam, is to fill in the void of animating long battle scenes....cos pilots need to talk abt deep philosophical stuff in the midst of beating the crap out of each other in battle! :lol:

I wouldnt be too worried abt Bandai going Arcadia's route. Bandai's size allows them to maintain a decent price range, and i dont thk they would want to cut demand by pricing their toys too high either. Plus they are the king's of recolors! What they lack in price, they more than make up in milking the same mold! :p

Stock up on the supers :D

I got some vintage 1970's skeletons today from the Bay. It's so hard to find quality inside decorations for Halloween these days and I had one of these as a kid.

The cardboard/paper quality is great. Really chuffed to have them.

q6XjxLEl.jpg

Edited by Gakken85