1 hour ago, Convectuoso said:

That blue hair is so wrong. 

That's why they changed it, see.  The "fixed pose" figures came nearly a year after the ride armors were released.  In each case, the new sculpts were a considerable improvement over the optional heads that came with the original bikes (including the hair color).

While the modeler in me wants to paint the hair a matching purple, the collector in me won't allow me to alter the toys in any way, shape or form...  :mellow:

Am I the only one who constantly struggles with such ethical conflicts?  :unsure:

5 hours ago, tekering said:

That's why they changed it, see.  The "fixed pose" figures came nearly a year after the ride armors were released.  In each case, the new sculpts were a considerable improvement over the optional heads that came with the original bikes (including the hair color).

While the modeler in me wants to paint the hair a matching purple, the collector in me won't allow me to alter the toys in any way, shape or form...  :mellow:

Am I the only one who constantly struggles with such ethical conflicts?  :unsure:

You aren't the only one.

Sometimes i do ask myself, can you see yourself parting with the purchase or not in the future?
If you cant, then modify away, cos its yours!

Else you would be erasing part of the legacy for someone else. The extreme case of course, is that you correct it so well that it actually is 10 times better, and makes it more special for someone to enjoy in the future!

Edited by seti88

5 hours ago, tekering said:

Actually, for me, it's more of -- the modeler in me is not sure whether I can make it look good. ^_^

On 4/3/2018 at 12:12 AM, tekering said:

What about the rest of the line?  ^_^

5ac328cd8259b_CMsMospeada.thumb.jpg.ee005e468c84b356d950b4f4c2cb556d.jpg

Looks like you're missing the Dark Stig, Dark Ley, and metallics...

(That's me hiding my envy and jealousy... the unarmored figures are on my wish list, as is Houquet, sadly... Very nice collection)

30 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Looks like you're missing the Dark Stig, Dark Ley, and metallics...

(That's me hiding my envy and jealousy... the unarmored figures are on my wish list, as is Houquet, sadly... Very nice collection)

I do still lobe my CM Brave riders Mospeada. May not have the full set But I have plenty to play with.

20170928_204047-1-1.jpg

20170928_204040-1-1.jpg

20170928_204105-1-1.jpg

20170928_204057.jpg

20170928_204108-1-1.jpg

20170928_204123-1.jpg

Good stuff right there.

A lot of us criticized these figures when they were first released (and legitimately so), but, as times goes by and I slowly fill in my collection (recently got the metallic Yellow), I appreciate them more and more.

Fragile and delicate and a pain to transform. However since they went PO and got mine. Been a supporter. Just need to realise these are 1/18 and transform. No way on earth was that ever going to be robust at this scale LOL

12 minutes ago, Convectuoso said:

It's a 3D print from Plastic Cretins

Thanks. I'd never heard of them, but it looks like they have a lot of other MOSPEADA stuff, too.

3 minutes ago, teckno viking said:

YAY more CM love.  Now all you have to do Is free them from their plastic/Cardboard tombs!!!

Then the fun really starts!

They can look good, but the problem with the earlier CMs releases was that they were fragile and prone to breakages straight out of the box. :(

4 hours ago, Tober said:

They can look good, but the problem with the earlier CMs releases was that they were fragile and prone to breakages straight out of the box. :(

Had mine from PO and I have had mine to play with numerous times. No Breakages or issues straight from the box.

I opened one of every single release of the CMs ride armors and Legioss'. Never had anything break on any of them. These are all solid releases. Just that ride armors are fidgety as all heck. Actually just remembered on the set of two random nameless soldiers in armor that didn't include the bikes one small piece of plastic on back of knee broke off. A tiny piece. Did not affect anything but that's it. Esp the Legioss, those are inaccurate to anime and line art, floppy in fighter and the Tread connection is almost useless but they are very solid and fun to handle otherwise. Built like old school toys. 

Edited by SuperDimensionalDave

Whilst I was awaiting my PO cm brave riders to arrive.

I recall watching a US youtube video to try and ease the wait LOL As he had one already.

Cannot recall the youtube but fat fingers certainly his curse hahaha. 

He tried to change the bike and ended up throwing it (no doubt busting it up) due to lack of patients or ability to follow simple instructions.

Now I am 6ft 6 and have XXL size hands for gloves. I had no issues transforming any of mine.

Seems transforming toys unless idiot proof are Not for everyone LOL

I currently have the original Ley, the two separate soldiers (Jonathan and nameless guy), all three Dark Mospeadas, and the metallic/translucent Yellow (yes, I've been building this very slowly since 2007, only buying them when I found a heck of a good deal online). All of mine are solid, have good joints, and get regularly transformed as I rearrange my 1/18th Aramaki display from time to time. The only one that has ever given me any issues is the metallic (which is GORGEOUS, in my opinion), and that's just because of the chrome paint being a little thicker than the tolerances from the non-chrome design.

Too much love here for cms, the windscreens broke in the tray on the first releases, the legs on Fuke break easily, the foot pegs pop off all the time on the first releases. I had a peg on the wheel where the hip armor mounts also break. They're okay toys.

10 minutes ago, jenius said:

Too much love here for cms, the windscreens broke in the tray on the first releases, the legs on Fuke break easily, the foot pegs pop off all the time on the first releases. I had a peg on the wheel where the hip armor mounts also break. They're okay toys.

I had heard a ton of negative comments about the first releases (and did check out your review of them, as well), which was part of why I wasn't in a rush to get them. I actually started out with the Dark Mospeadas, and only started backfilling my collection more recently. My Dark ones were ok. Not great, but ok. Mainly, I appreciated the engineering that went into them, and love the scale.

I finally picked up Ley about a year ago. Because of all the negative reviews, I waited until I found one for a steal.

Maybe I just got lucky, but I'd say he's the most solid of all my figures, and DEFINITELY better than the Dark ones. I guess the tolerancing must have been loose on these, so there must be a lot of variability from one lot to another, and I lucked out.

I completely respect your opinions and experiences, Jenius, but I've been very happy with these figures so far.

Except for Shinobu. No breakage, but the more I think about it and look at her right now, nothing lines up quite right on that one or holds well.

My GMs collection is still unbroken, including the initial MOSPEDAS, but I remember some people gluing the windscreens on, for that initial batch at least. Those ride armors were fiddly and loose.

I think I still have a complete collection of the CMs Legioss and Treads, as I really liked them (initial prices were ridiculous though). Fun toys and mostly looked good, even if the proportions were off (same could be said for the Beagle MOSPEDAS though ;) )

Yeah, three more weeks till end of month... wondering which will come first, the invoice or another delay. :unsure:

6 hours ago, jenius said:

Never had any of those issues. That said I was aware from day one of those possible issues and always handle the Ride armors with a little more care. The Legioss however I ham hand with no problems. Heck I even  dropped the Zeta once combined with her Tread from almost 5 feet without a scratch. The only issue I ever had with any of the CMs Mospeada releases were the ludicrous MSRPs. That's why I waited until each was in sale at Angolz to buy them. 

Those 1/18 figures look cool.  I would have bought them back in the day.  The only 1/18 Mospeada figures I own are the ones by Gakken and they stay in the box.

Edited by sh9000