2 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

I would assume Stig would cover the gaps when riding the bike so they wouldn't be noticeable. 

Actually, not as much. Because Stick's feet and legs are angled towards the back coz the pedal is much farther. So the gaps will still be noticeable in side profile view.

37 minutes ago, manfred17 said:

Agree with this. 

That s why most of the pics hzve black or dark background. 

And that is why we don't see too much of side profile view with the rider mounted. It's always an angled 'hero' shots.

42 minutes ago, SuperSenpai said:

This is the first time I'm seeing a clear view of the side without a rider figure on top.  I'm not sure how I feel about the inner portion of the bike where the engine is supposed to be.  It looks really off.  There are a lot of gaps in there, but at the same time all the pieces they've crammed in there make that compartment look overstuffed, causing the rear section of the bike to be raised relative to the front.  It creates a downward sloping angle to the whole piece that doesn't look quite right.  It doesn't even look like a motorcycle engine.

Just for the sake of comparison:

4FB1D208-70FD-49E3-B939-1876E8206CDE.jpeg

Side-view-bike-1.jpg

They really do change the layout of the chest armor that wraps the rider compared to the previous bikes.

52 minutes ago, SuperSenpai said:

This is the first time I'm seeing a clear view of the side without a rider figure on top.  I'm not sure how I feel about the inner portion of the bike where the engine is supposed to be.  It looks really off.  There are a lot of gaps in there, but at the same time all the pieces they've crammed in there make that compartment look overstuffed, causing the rear section of the bike to be raised relative to the front.  It creates a downward sloping angle to the whole piece that doesn't look quite right.  It doesn't even look like a motorcycle engine.

Just for the sake of comparison:

I agree with you, but the pic posted is distorted (look at the wheels). It somehow bends a little bit.

I guess the bike will look better in person. The engine is off though, but all in all I like this rendition.

I def don't love the visor. But I don't give an F. I'm just happy to have another new  Mospeada toy to play with. Visor aside looks amazing and fun. I honestly never thought we'd EVER get another Mospeada from any company. Kudos to Sentinel for making it happen!  Now give us an Inbit!

Question. Anyone else noticed with HLJ that Rey has "Stopped" on their PO? 

Or is that just me ?

I placed mine as soon as it was an option to PO, so not sure what's going on.

Any ideas why?

1 hour ago, teckno viking said:

Question. Anyone else noticed with HLJ that Rey has "Stopped" on their PO? 

Or is that just me ?

I placed mine as soon as it was an option to PO, so not sure what's going on.

Any ideas why?

Are you saying you placed your PO just now or you just noticed now that their PO is already stopped? If the latter, then their PO for Ley has been closed for awhile now. If the former, then congratulations for securing one since most of the shop is closed for PO. They probably opened some due to PO cancellation.

Still not regretting not buying this. Congrats to those who did and who are excited about it though! I eagerly await some of you to get them in hand and throw up some pics and initial thoughts. As always will watch the Jenuis review when it gets done. I dunno...I just gotta say it..I still like the Beagle bikes more..It just really captured my inner 10 year old heart with a feeling of "now THAT is how a Cyclone should look!"

20180417_212943.jpg

Edited by derex3592

There is no comparison between the Beagle and the Sentinel MOSPEADAs in my book.  The Sentinel does not compete against Beagle, it complements it since the Beagle is the best representation, albeit stylized and made more dynamic, of what we saw on the show and for that it is in a league all it's own.  I think of it as comparing Oranges to tangerines... I like them both exactly for what they are.

24 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Still not regretting not buying this. Congrats to those who did and who are excited about it though! I eagerly await some of you to get them in hand and throw up some pics and initial thoughts. As always will watch the Jenuis review when it gets done. I dunno...I just gotta say it..I still like the Beagle bikes more..It just really captured my inner 10 year old heart with a feeling of "now THAT is how a Cyclone should look!"

While you can make obvious comparisons, they are different toys. The Beagle is my 2nd favorite toy next to the 1/48 Yamato Valkyrie, even though the Yamato 1/60 version is a better refined toy.

Are those the T-REX add-on parts or third party? :unsure:

10 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

Most of us just had ours shipped. Take your time and let us know what you think. 

I haven’t transformed it yet, but one thing I immediately noticed is some armor parts tend to pop off easily on Stick such as the shoulder pads and the foot guards. They pop back on their ball joints easily enough, but don’t really feel as secure as what I’m used to.

The tires and seat are made of rubber, which I’m not too happy about because rubber can deteriorate over time. But I’m sure others will really like it this way VS them being in plastic.

6 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

yeah pls let us know about the visor

I wasn’t really bothered by the visor like others here, but the lines are indeed visible. But depending on the lighting and certain angles, they can become less distinct (or more subtle) especially if you aren’t really looking at it closely. And at arm’s length, I can barely notice the lines. What I can say is photos will really make them look more pronounced than in person.

9 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

I haven’t transformed it yet, but one thing I immediately noticed is some armor parts tend to pop off easily on Stick such as the shoulder pads and the foot guards. They pop back on their ball joints easily enough, but don’t really feel as secure as what I’m used to.

The tires and seat are made of rubber, which I’m not too happy about because rubber can deteriorate over time. But I’m sure others will really like it this way VS them being in plastic.

I wasn’t really bothered by the visor like others here, but the lines are indeed visible. But depending on the lighting and certain angles, they can become less distinct (or more subtle) especially if you aren’t really looking at it closely. And at arm’s length, I can barely notice the lines. What I can say is photos will really make them look more pronounced than in person.

thanks ArchieNov for the impressions!

21 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Thanks for your impressions! Maybe a little floor polish on those ball joints can help those pieces have a little more friction and stay on. 

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

Thirded on thanking you for the impressions. It's unfortunate about the armor. How is does it "feel" overall to you? Like a quality product? In my experience, Sentinel stuff at times can feel  bit "frail" in comparison to other robot toy brands.

3 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Found one via Twitter.

2966404F-40FC-4856-AB7D-717746690B52.thumb.jpeg.645e1eef05f44c2b893189c6c62cbe37.jpeg.

That's concerning.

Whenever I get a new transformable toy, I like to give it a go without looking at the instructions first. Did that with my first CMs, Megahouse, and the Beagle. Part of the fun for me personally is sort of figuring out the transformation on my own. Now I'm going to be nervous with this one.

39 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Found one via Twitter.

2966404F-40FC-4856-AB7D-717746690B52.thumb.jpeg.645e1eef05f44c2b893189c6c62cbe37.jpeg.

That implies to me he rotated it too far and it broke... :unsure:

One of the reasons I prefer HLJ or Hobby Search, I know they will do their best to replace a piece like that if they can, or refund/return it.

Mine should be here in 41 hours... Yes, I'm counting down the hours now.

Here's a pic for now. This is the pose I really wanted to recreate.

2G4onAC.jpg

I tried transforming it, but stopped around halfway at the step where you're supposed to untab the main lock holding the area that eventually becomes the crotch/hip armor. The tab is super tight and the instructions have several warnings at this step, and even guide you on where you should hold it while slowly applying force to separate them. This time around, I'll let others give it a go first before I attempt transforming it again.

Regarding the overall quality, this one is more on the frail side. There are a TON of ball, hinge, and swivel joints connected to thin pieces of plastic. I definitely would not recommend anyone trying to transform it without understanding the step by step process and taking caution. But the sculpt and paint is sharp as usual, no QC errors I've found so far on my copy.

The only diecast parts I can tell are the shafts that connect the wheels to the main chassis. Everything else is plastic or rubber (aside from the pins and screws of course).

About the breakage posted above, I can totally understand that happening, and not because of rotating too far. That piece is quite thin (probably about 2mm thick).

EDIT: Looking at the breakage again, that user seems to have already gone beyond the step I stopped at. I'm suspecting the reason it broke was because he applied too much force when separating the lock (it's already detached in that pic). The part that broke is near the area where you're supposed to hold and apply force. That is actually the main reason why I stopped where I did. I was worried that I might accidentally put too much force and accidentally break those small parts.

Edited by ArchieNov

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Are you saying you placed your PO just now or you just noticed now that their PO is already stopped? If the latter, then their PO for Ley has been closed for awhile now. If the former, then congratulations for securing one since most of the shop is closed for PO. They probably opened some due to PO cancellation.

HLJ put my mind at ease. My Pre order is safe. It's just they are not taking any others.

Relief knowing I have him PO lol

37 minutes ago, ArchieNov said:

Here's a pic for now. This is the pose I really wanted to recreate.

2G4onAC.jpg

I tried transforming it, but stopped around halfway at the step where you're supposed to untab the main lock holding the area that eventually becomes the crotch/hip armor. The tab is super tight and the instructions have several warnings at this step, and even guide you on where you should hold it while slowly applying force to separate them. This time around, I'll let others give it a go first before I attempt transforming it again.

Regarding the overall quality, this one is more on the frail side. There are a TON of ball, hinge, and swivel joints connected to thin pieces of plastic. I definitely would not recommend anyone trying to transform it without understanding the step by step process and taking caution. But the sculpt and paint is sharp as usual, no QC errors I've found so far on my copy.

The only diecast parts I can tell are the shafts that connect the wheels to the main chassis. Everything else is plastic or rubber (aside from the pins and screws of course).

About the breakage posted above, I can totally understand that happening, and not because of rotating too far. That piece is quite thin (probably about 2mm thick).

EDIT: Looking at the breakage again, that user seems to have already gone beyond the step I stopped at. I'm suspecting the reason it broke was because he applied too much force when separating the lock (it's already detached in that pic). The part that broke is near the area where you're supposed to hold and apply force. That is actually the main reason why I stopped where I did. I was worried that I might accidentally put too much force and accidentally break those small parts.

This does not surprise me in the least.  This mecha design has got to be one of the most nightmare scenarios for a toy maker trying to making a PT toy.  I remember both the Gakken and the Beagle ride armor toys having a lot of small moving parts, and the Beagle in particular had a pretty high learning curve for transformation.  

17 hours ago, EmilianoAlfaro said:

Waiting for photos of your unit ... :rolleyes:

Here's the first batch, then:

cooooooool!.thumb.jpg.9e3c37ea79fdbb66502bba8f4444a342.jpg

Scale-wise, it's an accurate 1:12, although a little on the smaller end of that particular scale...  Not as small as Revoltech or MAFEX figures, but not as large as DST or Neca, either.

5ad6f15a7aaf6_one-twelfthcomparison.thumb.jpg.dab2477272093b81b2560c17939afb57.jpg

Think Marvel Legends, rather than Marvel Select.  ^_^

5ad6f15e84f4d_clearvisor.thumb.jpg.9113330f9cc6afc75cc5bfbe5c75c245.jpg

And yes, I removed the silver paint from the visor.  No sanding or polishing required, just a little paint thinner on a Q-Tip.  B))

5 hours ago, magicsp00n said:

It says "Cover cell original picture: Aramaki Shinji" 

Sweet, thanks! :)

1 hour ago, tekering said:

5ad6f15e84f4d_clearvisor.thumb.jpg.9113330f9cc6afc75cc5bfbe5c75c245.jpg

And yes, I removed the silver paint from the visor.  No sanding or polishing required, just a little paint thinner on a Q-Tip.  B))

Nice pics! How difficult was it to take the helmet apart? I'll probably end up 3D printing my own visor through Shapeways (as I only have a FDM printer). Or I might have to hassle Plastic Cretins to see if he'd be interested... :ph34r: :unsure:

Took my new toy out for a few pics in the afternoon sun...  B))

sunlit.thumb.jpg.2af3749d581079e7b1f3ff679954241e.jpg

5ad7072db4951_lonelysoldierboy.thumb.jpg.44f6c398d1c13bffac3bce7163b08fee.jpg

rocky.thumb.jpg.95541efda7616bbd8523a9a3be944f64.jpg

13 minutes ago, Tober said:

How difficult was it to take the helmet apart?

The visor is simply held in place with a small nub on either side, and is easily popped in and out.  There's no need to disassemble the helmet.

Edited by tekering

Just now, tekering said:

Took my new toy out for a few pics in the afternoon sun...  B))

sunlit.thumb.jpg.2af3749d581079e7b1f3ff679954241e.jpg

5ad7072db4951_lonelysoldierboy.thumb.jpg.44f6c398d1c13bffac3bce7163b08fee.jpg

O

The visor is simply held in place with a small nub on either side, and is easily popped in and out.  There's no need to disassemble the helme

Outstanding. Come On my 2. Eager to join in playing lol