HLJ now with "Private warehouse"

ErikElvis

Kinda excited about this. You can now pay for items and hold them for 2 months while you search for more toys!

I think this is great. I haven't bought there before as I didn't feel like paying $40 for shipping just to buy something else a couple weeks later at another 40 bucks a pop shipping.

Edit: I buy from there all the time but sometimes I just don't feel ike paying $40 for a single valk.

Edited by ErikElvis

Kinda excited about this. You can now pay for items and hold them for 2 months while you search for more toys!

I think this is great. I haven't bought there before as I didn't feel like paying $40 for shipping just to buy something else a couple weeks later at another 40 bucks a pop shipping.

Edit: I buy from there all the time but sometimes I just don't feel ike paying $40 for a single valk.

I haven't bought there, but I buy there all the time! lol.

Seriously though, this is a great idea. Also with their 20% off EMS... awesome. This could really help on the multiple valk orders.

Got a link for the announcement?

Nice. AmiAmi cut off at the end of month and you may get screwed on shipping when those Bandai end-of-month release got slightly delayed. AnimeExport also hold your stuff until you tell them to ship, but I don't know if they stated any time limit.

The announcement popped up as soon as I used the bookmark to enter the site this morning...but I already have an account.

Just spent the last 15min trying to find out how to switch from "send it now" to "send it when I want."

You select this when checking out?

I've ordered lots of stuff from HLJ, but i've never really understood how their system works.

I've pre-ordered things and not even received it. It just goes into discontinued status. Its like they don't hold your orders or something.

I've pre-ordered things and not even received it. It just goes into discontinued status. Its like they don't hold your orders or something.

Really? I've never had that happen to me, but now I'm wary.

I've ordered lots of stuff from HLJ, but i've never really understood how their system works.

I think if it comes into stock, and you don't notice it, and don't realise to 'send instock items', it sometimes disappears. I have had that happen. But also occasionly it will show 'discontinued' on the item page, but 'low stock' on your status page, as if it has one on hold for you.

But yeh, its kinda confusing to say the least. I'm happy they have finally got a "Pile of Private Warehouse Loot''

=-)

I think if it comes into stock, and you don't notice it, and don't realise to 'send instock items', it sometimes disappears. I have had that happen. But also occasionly it will show 'discontinued' on the item page, but 'low stock' on your status page, as if it has one on hold for you.

But yeh, its kinda confusing to say the least. I'm happy they have finally got a "Pile of Private Warehouse Loot''

=-)

I never really remember to press the "send instock items" after I've ordered something, but they still send out most of my orders. Hopefully after this new system change I won't have to worry anymore.

=-)

Other people have complained about that at HLJ. A preorder there doesn't seem to be absolutely guaranteed once it comes in stock. People have complained the order would disappear out of their accounts, or go "discontinued." With Amiami, if you have a preorder, and the stock comes in as planned, you are guaranteed the order. It can sit in your POL for the entire month while your other preorders come in and you never have to worry about it, because it is considered yours unless you don't pay. HLJ, on the other hand, when it comes to rare items, like some of Bandai's other lines, people have complained the order disappears. So you pretty much have to watch on release day for the item to be in your account, then tell them to ship it immediately, or else risk losing it in their bizzare system. It hasn't happened to everyone, but I have heard complaints. Usually happens more for rare items, or items that sell out quickly. It's almost as if the system took one too many preorders. eg: They put up 200 for preorder, all the preorders sell out, but really, it was more like 190, so the first 190 to press "ship now" get it, the other 10, even though they had preorders, are out of luck. I just don't think it was ever as accurate as other web site systems.

If this new system fixes those problems, I wouldn't mind moving more business back to HLJ since they do have that great EMS discount.

EDIT: I'm not trying to make people more paranoid than they already are. I'm just relaying what I've heard from other people. This has never actually happened to me, but then, I have never really ordered a rare or small stock item from HLJ.

Edited by pud333

I've never had any problems with HLJ other than the high cost of shipping from Japan and I DON'T own stock in them :) . Some things are out of their control. One day something is "green" and the next it is "skull and crossbones" no longer available. I've found it's due to the manufacturer. No complaints otherwise. - MT

I barely ever use EMS, its just to expensive. I just use SAL unregistered, even my Yamato valks are sent out thay way.

I'd rather spend an extra $10 to ship something and get it than spend 3~4 week praying a package actually arrives.

What's so bad about SAL? I've never lost a package nor had to pray that I wouldn't lose one. The only time I've shipped EMS was when HLJ forced it on me because of the total cost of the merchandise was over their threshold for SAL which I was totally ok with.

Pretty sure they're gonna ship my 19S by EMS even though my shipping defaults to SAL.

Edited by xrentonx

What's so bad about SAL? I've never lost a package nor had to pray that I wouldn't lose one. The only time I've shipped EMS was when HLJ forced it on me because of the total cost of the merchandise was over their threshold for SAL which I was totally ok with.

Pretty sure they're gonna ship my 19S by EMS even though my shipping defaults to SAL.

Even though I've never failed to receive a package via SAL, I refuse to have to wait an average 4 weeks to get my package. I'll spend the extra money to get my stuff in a timely manner; the tracking number and insurance is mostly a nice extra.

Even though I've never failed to receive a package via SAL, I refuse to have to wait an average 4 weeks to get my package. I'll spend the extra money to get my stuff in a timely manner; the tracking number and insurance is mostly a nice extra.

Pretty sure it varies by country, but I've never waited more than 7 days for any SAL shipment.

Au contraire, just because my order shipped with EMS, I had to wait 5 effing weeks for it to clear customs and then pay a handsome fee on top of that.

Depending on the country and custom duties, it is a world of difference. If I lived in the US where there's no import tariffs on hobby items, you'd bet I'd use EMS most of the time as well.

Is anyone else having problems with the new site? I placed an order yesterday for the CF VF-1A, which is on sale. I got the order confirmation, but when I log into my account to make a payment so I can put it in my warehouse none of my orders are there. In my account overview it says I have 4 open orders, which is correct, but when I click on the view open orders tab so I can make a payment or manage the orders, it says I have no open orders!?

I just want to make a payment for the damn VF-1 so that way when the 171 comes in I can bundle them together in one shipment, but now neither order is showing in my account. Nor are the orders for the 1/1000 Yamato or the VF-0 master file book. This new system is definitely having some problems. I just don't want to loose my 171 order because HLJ wanted to have a make over.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Ok my orders are back....but still confused so maybe you guys can help. The orders are all in the open orders section and not in the my warehouse section, and my understanding is that they won't go there till they are payed for. So how do I pay for an individual item without it being shipped immediately? I see no option.

Chris

I received a payment request email from them today for a couple of items I placed from their Macross Sale and no shipping charges were added, so I guess it's automatic. Once you pay for the item(s) sans shipping, it/they go into your warehouse until you decide to ship, at which time shipping charges are calculated and charged, only then does your stuff get sent out to you.

Ahh, ok, thanks Mech. I was wondering if I still needed to get the separate payment request from them or not. So we still get the 2 separate emails. First the order confirmation then the payment request. Thanks

Chris