All Things Videogame Related: EXTREME VS!!

Keith

I'm not really a toy collector the way some board members are. I started collecting Transformers when Hasbro's first wave of Classics came out, and that was mostly because I was running high on nostalgia. I didn't and don't collect other toys, including Macross. As much as I love video games, I don't collect toys based on them, either.

That being said, I'm seriously tempted to buy that Elizabeth.

She's a nice little figure (about 6"~ish tall) all things considered. she doesn't have any accessories, but the sculpt/paintwork is really quite nice for an American figure. And it's the only Bioshock Infinite figure out right now so...

Hopefully they do more in this line because I'd like a Booker to go with her. (an early level outfit version wouldn't be bad either).

Good job Keith, Elizabeth didn't get stuck once in my game.

Strangely enough, I broke her 3 times while playing through at home...

I can't stand the face sculpt on that Elizabeth figure.

I can't stand the face sculpt on that Elizabeth figure.

It could be better, but It's not terrible. it's good enough until something better comes along (which I really hope happens). And if this ends up being the only Elizabeth figure that get's made, it's better than nothing.

So Mike, what you're saying is BI is worth paying full price for? I'm kinda on the fence on this one as I'll have to trade games in for it.

Good story, very solid shooter. Hell, I tested it for months, got a free one, and still pre-ordered the limited (non-songbird statue) edition.

Edited by Keith

Everything I've heard thus far about Infinite has me kinda regretting picking up Ni No Kuni just recently, not that it's a bad game by any means. I'm really enjoying it so far. Still gonna wait for the price to drop alittle but it's definitely next on my game pickup.

So for any of you old school pocket gamers, I've been playing Robotech:The Macross Saga on my Gameboy SP. Not to bad if you ever liked those side scroll R-Type or Lifeforce games from back in the day. You get to play as a variety of characters and Valks, such as Rick 1J, Roy 1S, Max 1J, Miriya 1J, and Ben 1A. Once you beat the game with the initial valk each one has a special unlock vehicle. So far I've seen the 1D, Roy's Unification War fighter, and the Fan Jet (epic). Certain levels allow you to even pilot the destriods.

All in all, absolutely worth $5 USD.

Dog-fight indie-game with Unreal engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4-eR8-SdFsw

Looks good^^

Thanks for posting this. I hadn't heard of this game before. It looks like it could be interesting/fun but the trailer itself is shot/directed very poorly and doesn't get the game across as well as it could in terms of potential excitement.

I like when they go all GERWALK.

I noticed that too. I got this real familiar vibe when I saw the flying aircraft carrier that launched it's fighters with an extending arm. Just can't place it though...

I just finished Bioshock Infinite, and I definitely had a blast. I'm usually indifferent to FPS games, but when it's wrapped with a compelling story like the one in BI, my inerest is piqued. I almost crapped my pants when I

deactivated the last power conduit to free Elizabeth and saw the Boy of Silence right in my face as soon as I turned around.

I'm not entirely sure on one thing though:

Does Elizabeth gain her power to tear through dimensions from getting her finger severed by the closing tear, or was she just born with it?

I didn't get a few voxaphones so I may have missed some story elements.

I just finished Bioshock Infinite, and I definitely had a blast. I'm usually indifferent to FPS games, but when it's wrapped with a compelling story like the one in BI, my inerest is piqued. I almost crapped my pants when I

deactivated the last power conduit to free Elizabeth and saw the Boy of Silence right in my face as soon as I turned around.

I'm not entirely sure on one thing though:

Does Elizabeth gain her power to tear through dimensions from getting her finger severed by the closing tear, or was she just born with it?

I didn't get a few voxaphones so I may have missed some story elements.

Accodding to Roselind Lutece, it has to do with being brought over from another dimension in general, though I agree that being divedgent from her finger probably does play a factor.

Edited by Keith

Accodding to Roselind Lutece, it has to do with being brought over from another dimention in general, though I agree that being divedgent from her finger probably does play a factor.

As I understood it, it does have to do with her finger being in one dimension and the rest of her being in another. Something like she's in two places at once.

not to shift the topic of course intentionally but i have a question about PENALTIES INVOKED on Counter Strike: Global Offensive when you play on Compedative Mode online.

are the penalties for different based on the server you are playing on or game wide? My Stepson seems to hit a 24 hour ban (or rather a match-making cool down) but id like to understand the thresholds? a google search for CSGO penalties simply seems to pull up rules that clans themselves use (honor rules) but nothing concrete. does anyone here have some familiarity on the subject or better yet, a good linkie on the subject at hand? me being the old fart that i am, i dont loose any sleep if i hit f10 in annoyance to my poor performance but the Boy possitively rages when he screws up (getting him to admit what he did wrong to cause the penalty is another matter) but id would like to have a better understanding of the penalty rules, if they officially or unofficially are known.

not to shift the topic of course intentionally but i have a question about PENALTIES INVOKED on Counter Strike: Global Offensive when you play on Compedative Mode online.

are the penalties for different based on the server you are playing on or game wide? My Stepson seems to hit a 24 hour ban (or rather a match-making cool down) but id like to understand the thresholds? a google search for CSGO penalties simply seems to pull up rules that clans themselves use (honor rules) but nothing concrete. does anyone here have some familiarity on the subject or better yet, a good linkie on the subject at hand? me being the old fart that i am, i dont loose any sleep if i hit f10 in annoyance to my poor performance but the Boy possitively rages when he screws up (getting him to admit what he did wrong to cause the penalty is another matter) but id would like to have a better understanding of the penalty rules, if they officially or unofficially are known.

I took a quick search and couldn't find any definite answers either. Sounds to me like an extreme anti hacking/griefing/disconnects system that changes dependent on the server. So don't go running around shooting teammates and hitting f10 :p .

Okay. I want a 3DS now.

And I'm glad I already own one!

Seriously, I haven't been the biggest Zelda fan, but A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game and one of my favorite SNES games. A real top-down sequel instead of the 3D Zeldas or Capcom's (still admittedly good) Gameboy games is a must buy for me.

Going back to BioShock Infinite for a minute, I was at a TRU today. I don't live as close to one as I used to, so I don't go as often. I was excited to see they had BioShock Infinite toys... less excited to realize all they had was Boy of Silence.

And I'm glad I already own one!

Seriously, I haven't been the biggest Zelda fan, but A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game and one of my favorite SNES games. A real top-down sequel instead of the 3D Zeldas or Capcom's (still admittedly good) Gameboy games is a must buy for me.

Going back to BioShock Infinite for a minute, I was at a TRU today. I don't live as close to one as I used to, so I don't go as often. I was excited to see they had BioShock Infinite toys... less excited to realize all they had was Boy of Silence.

yeah, I gambled on ordering direct through NECA's Ebay page because I was so sure that I'd never actually find one in a physical store.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qpHWJMytx5I#!

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but I've been following the Oculus Rift's development like a hawk (was half-tempted to buy a dev kit as well, but I found out it wasn't compatible with glasses :( )

This addition looks really cool as well. We're literally getting super close to legit VR :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qpHWJMytx5I#!

I don't know if anyone has seen this yet, but I've been following the Oculus Rift's development like a hawk (was half-tempted to buy a dev kit as well, but I found out it wasn't compatible with glasses :( )

This addition looks really cool as well. We're literally getting super close to legit VR :)

Well, if this comes to become common place with FPS's then I don't think obesity will be associated with gaming anymore. Hey! I just hit my second prestige and lost 30 lbs!

The oculus rift reminds me of those VR games they had on the boardwalks in New Jersey back in the 90's. Interesting that it's trying to be adapted for personal use but I'd much rather use a controller. At least it's a better fad than 3D tv.

That looks absolutely moronic. I'll be sticking to a conventional controller, thank you very much.

Who uses a controller for Team Fortress 2? Keyboard and mouse all the way!

Seriously, tho, I don't think something like this setup will replace traditional control options for games, but instead offer something entirely different. It's an interesting concept and I like that people are developing it. Will it be how I play all of my FPS games in the future? No, definitely not. When I want to sit on the couch and relax I'm not looking for a workout. But by that same token, when I want to get up and move, I don't want to sit on the couch with a controller in hand and I can't always get a bunch of people together and head out to a paintball arena.

Actually, one of the neat things I think of when I see this isn't traditional gaming at all, but just being able to explore an environment. Imagine if, rather than sitting on a regular treadmill, you had a device like this that let you wander through Skyrim or some similarly huge fantasy or sci-fi world. Not running and gunning, but just walking. That'd be pretty neat. Just taking a stroll from Whiterun to Windhelm, or up to High Hrothgar. Just as a part of your exercise routine.

I'd LOVE to see VR implemented. Traditional controllers are fun and all, but innovation is key! And let's be honest, sitting in a dark room, blazing at the keyboard won't do you nearly as much good as if you are running around and "experiencing" the game per say. Losing weight isn't a bad thing :D

And I don't think it looks moronic none the least!

Maybe it's just me though. I don't have much time anymore these days to play videogames (turned on the Xbox a grand total of three times this year, one of those times being to finish Bioshock Infinite in the total of a weekend free of school work).

At least with this, I might able to pass off video games as my daily running routine :)