DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Yeah yeah , I know, but HLJ has always been good to me, so I'll stand by them on this one and give them time. If it doesn't go thru, I won't be upset, I'll just use the cash for my 3rd Party Warbotron Bruticus...! That thing blows my mind! 0_o

Hmmmmmmm...? So if I remember correctly, I scored 4 Ozmas on the very 1st HLJ window , then panicked because everyone was taking about HLJ making a mistake with the quantity limit, so I deleted 3/4 Ozma's and now I'm still waiting for a payment request from them.... (Still on my PO). Soooo glad I decided to snab one thru NY and just checked the status of it and it's waiting for me in my mailbox once I get back to S.Korea.... Yet.. It bugs me that I see some pictures of folks that got more than 2 on HLJ.. I could use 2 Ozmas thou , so I'm gonna keep it cool, be patient and see if HLJ comes thru with 1 Ozma ordered... :)

HLJ stuff up a bit and a small number of orders were processed with more than 1. They were supposed to change all orders to 1, but a small number of orders slip through. However, they said no orders of like 5 or 10 went through.

Just got all kinds of excited by an armored set they had for the 25S. Until I realised 55,000 yen is not the same as $55. Crazy price hikes like that are nuts. I almost completed the transaction, too!

Glad you realized before you completed your transaction or you have been in for a shock.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Guys, how long again NY's Registered SAL before they reach US shores? Last tracking I have still says 'Dispatch from outward office of exchange' dated 11/25. Hoping it will arrive end of this week. I'm so excited to put Alto's Armor on him. :rolleyes:

Thanks again davidwhangchoi for the heads up months ago. ^_^

anytime! i think loop or lolicon taught me how to do that stuff. congrats!

sal sometimes can take 3-6 weeks or even 8 depending when it clears customs.

No problem. Looking forward to seeing your low-vis Alto. I give you much credit, I would not have enought guts to do that.

Thanks Saburo. But seriously, I really don't know how to do it. Don't want to mess up everything. Last resort would be Photoshop magic. :lol: It's our little secret. :ph34r:

anytime! i think loop or lolicon taught me how to do that stuff. congrats!

sal sometimes can take 3-6 weeks or even 8 depending when it clears customs.

Good news David. It's already in LA customs based on the last tracking (Dec.1). Hopefully by Friday, it will be here in NorCal. Just in time for my personal holiday. :rolleyes:

I emailed them today as well. Mine's been sitting and not moving just like a few others. We'll see if the email prompts anything or if it's just pure luck.

That means you managed to get one form HLJ? Or are you still waiting for it to be in stock?

Thanks Saburo. But seriously, I really don't know how to do it. Don't want to mess up everything. Last resort would be Photoshop magic. :lol: It's our little secret. :ph34r:

Good news David. It's already in LA customs based on the last tracking (Dec.1). Hopefully by Friday, it will be here in NorCal. Just in time for my personal holiday. :rolleyes:

Mask and paint? Lol.

Some of what they charge is also handling I assume.

I never understood "handling" charges. Are they massaging my box and reading it beautiful bedtime stories before shipping it out? Ive sold a ton of crap here and other forums and ebay and never felt the need to charge for handling a box.

Edited by anubis20

You can say it's more of a service charge or loosely saying, a tip. May include hidden costs such as (and not limited to, as there may be others); processing payment, packing, packaging materials, sending for postage etc. Some are waived like at Mandarake if you bought above 5K yen. What I don't understand would be charging a handling/service charge based on a percentage of the item value at web shops like jungle or YJA proxy sites. The only YJA proxy I know that doesn't do that is sendico, but you have to foot the 4% Paypal fee though to top up your virtual wallet.

They're businesses, what may seem to be personal inconveniences are costs to them.

Edited by close313

I never understood "handling" charges. Are they massaging my box and reading it beautiful bedtime stories before shipping it out? Ive sold a ton of crap here and other forums and ebay and never felt the need to charge for handling a box.

I thought handling costs were packaging costs. Compared to an individual, a business is unlikely to reuse boxes from shipments that they receive. They need to budget for bubble wrap, packing paper, boxes, and so on. It adds up quickly, and that cost is passed on to us: the customer. If a company is charging a handling fee of 1200yen and sends crummy packaging, then you can say that they're skimming off the top. If you get a cardboard tank, then you probably got what you paid for. ;)

Edited by technoblue

Well, in short, it's business. It's how they make money. It's how they run it. It's where they get fundings to pay for their business expenses such as online services, server, IT's, webmasters, clerks, admin, cleaners, 'packers', and not to mention the owner's pocket. ;)

I understand the mark up i pay with NY thats fine they provide me an item no one else will. But 1200 for a box and some bubble wrap? They have a decent sized operation here and they are buying all this in bulk. Ive bought a 24 pack of boxes from uline for $20 shipped when it comes down to it the shipping materials break down to $2-3 per package. But whatever complaining isn't gonna get me a refund. Back to my 25S i go ^_^

Mask and paint? Lol.

I know that. :lol: I'm just looking for an easy way and for not to mess up the whole figure as possible. Meaning, I still want to keep the yellow still if ever I changed my mind in the end. So I'm considering the magic of plasti-dip for the stripes. So I'm still searching for reviews and whatnot using the said substance. :rolleyes:

I understand the mark up i pay with NY thats fine they provide me an item no one else will. But 1200 for a box and some bubble wrap? They have a decent sized operation here and they are buying all this in bulk. Ive bought a 24 pack of boxes from uline for $20 shipped when it comes down to it the shipping materials break down to $2-3 per package. But whatever complaining isn't gonna get me a refund. Back to my 25S i go ^_^

Nice. I need to stop buying supplies from the UPS store. $20 got me three 15x15 rectangular boxes.

It's highway robbery over there. :p

Nice. I need to stop buying supplies from the UPS store. $20 got me three 15x15 rectangular boxes.

It's highway robbery over there. :p

Oh yea, i knew a guy who sold me an item, took it to the UPS store and they charged him $50 to pack it and ship it for him :huh: Uline and home depot are good places for boxes. Home depot has limited sizes though, but they have this cheap wrapping paper that is great as a box filler.

little tip for newbies with ozma for obtain the correct neck extension the plate has to be above of the back

Thanks for sharing valhary. That's what I do on my Alto's '25 and Isamu's '29 so the back and chest is properly locked. So I assumed that's the 'correct way' and not the 'plate in line resting on the shoulder-way'? ^_^

I think it's the same way anubis20 did. Shoulder plate is more towards the back than resting straight on the shoulder area.

Ok my ozma is free of any QC issues :) i'll leave it with no parts set for a little bit

A2B69F20-FAF5-4A89-8939-D9D787863509.jpg

Btw, are all the joints on this reissue is tight compared to the first release? Thanks. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

Thanks for sharing valhary. That's what I do on my Alto's '25 and Isamu's '29 so the back and chest is properly locked. So I assumed that's the 'correct way' and not the 'plate in line resting on the shoulder-way'? ^_^

I think it's the same way anubis20 did. Shoulder plate is more towards the back than resting straight on the shoulder area.

Btw, are all the joints on this reissue is tight compared to the first release? Thanks. ;)

This one came out with tight joints similar to the 25A. But that really doesnt comfort me too much, my 27 1.5 I opened over a year ago and boxed it back up because i had to move and it sat in its box for a year, last week i decided to let it get some fresh air and the shoulder and hip joints are all loose :angry:

Edited by anubis20

What is a decent price for renewal ozma and the armor at this point? It doesn't seem like we're getting another chance at the armor set. Price gouging is so insane now. Any advice?

EDIT: can someone post a photo of a vf25 next to a 1:48 vf-1 so that I can envision what they look like together? I would really appreciate it. I worry that the 1:48 I have will dwarf the new models too much.

Edited by slick_bricks

That means you managed to get one form HLJ? Or are you still waiting for it to be in stock?

Actually no, didn't have it in my PW yet. Latest email is that they'll cancel it for me as they have no stock. I checked my account and sure enough, no ozma order. Its like it never happened.

I'm bummed but also relieved.

What is a decent price for renewal ozma and the armor at this point? It doesn't seem like we're getting another chance at the armor set. Price gouging is so insane now. Any advice?

EDIT: can someone post a photo of a vf25 next to a 1:48 vf-1 so that I can envision what they look like together? I would really appreciate it. I worry that the 1:48 I have will dwarf the new models too much.

Here's a quick snap:

post-197-0-40232000-1417680458_thumb.jpg