DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Guest davidwhangchoi

For those that have gotten their VF-25S, what are your thoughts on it? Are the joints tight, like the VF-25A?

i haven't got a chance to sit down and open mine yet. bc of holiday weekend.

btw, Happy Thanksgiving to you as well Saburo!

Yep, same payment request from HLJ for MP Bee as well.

Happy Thanksgiving - I'm grateful for all of these awesome toys and really cool folks to talk to about them!

For real - great question. Inquiring minds would like to know.

-b.

Happy Thanksgiving KB!

i haven't got a chance to sit down and open mine yet. bc of holiday weekend.

btw, Happy Thanksgiving to you as well Saburo!

Have a great holiday weekend!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone!

I just checked the status of my order and it just got out of customs in SF. :) Hoping it arrives tomorrow.

For those who've dealt with Play-Asia, in the likely event they don't receive enough stock to cover their preorders, how are they about doling out refunds? Do they need to be badgered, or are they good for it? I've never had a default on an online order before, so I want to be prepared if I'll need to fight to get my money back.

Guest davidwhangchoi

For those who've dealt with Play-Asia, in the likely event they don't receive enough stock to cover their preorders, how are they about doling out refunds? Do they need to be badgered, or are they good for it? I've never had a default on an online order before, so I want to be prepared if I'll need to fight to get my money back.

they need to be badgered, unless you want your money to set an extra 30 days or more.

i've ordered cd's from them and they're good to go but any item that says it's in stock but been long oop(a sigh they don't keep track well) or rare items during release, the system won't know and will keep trying to unsuccessfully place an order several times. it's better to call them and check then ask for a refund. but if you want to wait it out a couple of days to see if they come through, i don't think your money will going anywhere.

i warned MW with a few others several times, your money gets held up.

though i was joking very nasty below, (horrible streak this week of acting like an ahole), i really do hope every gets their refund in a timely manner. the good thing is they won't just take your money and run.
i'm glad majority took heed and ordered backups at other places.

i'm not going to make fun of people who pre-ordered bc there's no risk involved. as i would be in for a pre-order just for a cancellation.

i'm just going to laugh at those who later complain their order didn't go through... despite the multiple warnings and then state: we have some truly clueless people on the internet.

yes, i will be laughing so hearty. especially if anyone complain their funds were held up so they couldn't pre-order someplace else that opened up.

didn't mean it at everyone, (just a few) i was warning to preorder at this place only as a lottery bc a few noobs kept endorsing this site and recommending them for pre-order to some people that may have not known about this place's lack of real time inventory or lack of relationship with bandai for allocated preorders.

anyways, no harm done since it's pretty easy to get right now at about 19000-20000yen

if anyone gets one from PA please let us know!

Well, I preordered with them as a desperation move, since I missed the window with all the other retailers. I knew there was a risk, but I've wanted a 25S quite badly, so I dove in. Hopefully, I'll get my refund without getting nasty. Thanks for the replies; I appreciate it most sincerely.

With Play Asia, expect a 100% refund offer for store credit or a reduced refund if Paypal... happened to me once before, and if the pull this stunt again -- I fully expect them to -- they'll forever be persona non grata in my book.

This its what happend, I got tired of waiting the 25S and asked them when will I get my order, they replied that they are waiting for the stock and that I was welcomed to cancel my order wich I did

For the refund they gave 2 choices, 100% refund on sotre credit or via pay-pal with a 2.9% fee

I'm not mad since we knew it was a very risky gamble and I'll use this as an experience

A 2.9% fee? What a load of crap.

My toughts exactly, as I said, I knew the risk of ordering with them and maybe Im not that upset since I got one from NY and this was more of a gamble, but I can understand the anger of those who took PA as a their only option

Edited by mog_kupo

Guest davidwhangchoi

Well, I preordered with them as a desperation move, since I missed the window with all the other retailers. I knew there was a risk, but I've wanted a 25S quite badly, so I dove in. Hopefully, I'll get my refund without getting nasty. Thanks for the replies; I appreciate it most sincerely.

hey M'Kyuun, i'll pm you if i see one avail at a decent price. good luck on the hunt!

Re: Play-Asia, after a week of waiting (I gave them a 7 day window) I contacted them yesterday regarding my order. Here is the response I recieved;

Dear B.,

Hi! I am S. Customer Support of Play-Asia.com.

This is an important update regarding your order of DX Chogokin Macross

Frontier: VF-25S Messiah Valkyrie Ozma Lee Custom Renewal Ver. (Re-run) ( Japan).

Our suppliers confirmed that this item is no longer available and they can no longer provide this items for us. We have tried to source it out from different channels, but unfortunately, we didn't also get it. Thus, we have cancelled your order.

Would you like to changed the item instead? Please kindly confirm.

Once again, we are so sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. We feel sad about this news and we hope for your kind understanding.

For future reference, if you have questions please don't hesitate to email us at cs@play-asia.com.

Best regards,

S - 0000000*

Play-Asia.com

My money has already been returned and I'm no worse for the wear as I didn't find a 25S at or below MSRP during that time anyway (stupid Bandai :p).

-b.

*names changed to abbreviations and Customer Service ID changed

Gentlemen, thank you. I'm a bit vexed that, knowing they have no stock with which to fulfill my order, they have not contacted me at all to offer a refund, which would be the accepted and expected professional courtesy. I will contact them and request refund.

I appreciate all the feedback, as well as no, "told you so's" from anyone. You guys are a class act, and I am most appreciative.

All this talk about Play-Asia not coming through is starting to bother me. My order has been listed as "Preparing Order" and the item itself "Pending" for a few days now. I've contacted them and my credit card company. This had better not turn into a crapfest.

That sucks about PA. We can put them on the list of "Don't bother with preordered Bandai Valks" now. With all the Bandai Valks coming in next year this is bad news.

I think one of my Ozmas came in today. Gotta check at the post office ^_^

Edited by xrentonx

Guest davidwhangchoi

Gentlemen, thank you. I'm a bit vexed that, knowing they have no stock with which to fulfill my order, they have not contacted me at all to offer a refund, which would be the accepted and expected professional courtesy. I will contact them and request refund.

I appreciate all the feedback, as well as no, "told you so's" from anyone. You guys are a class act, and I am most appreciative.

did you check your pm? i sent the link to NY as Falcon18 mentioned.

it comes out to 180 shipped to WA with sal registered. that's a great price.

It's still up on NY if you don't mind the slight mark-up. Been up for awhile too.

yeah,. esp with the yen to usd making things to about the value when we pre-ordered back in Aug.

most of us was seeing 160-180 shipped since the yen was stronger back in Aug. so it's a good price.

David, message received, and I got my order in at NY for about $193. I went with EMS 3-4 day delivery, so the shipping was 4000 yen. A bit steep, but I just want to get the thing.

Anyway, thanks much, man. I appreciate it.

Congrats on the purchase M'Kyuun. Steep as it is, at least you know you're getting it. :)

yeah,. esp with the yen to usd making things to about the value when we pre-ordered back in Aug.

most of us was seeing 160-180 shipped since the yen was stronger back in Aug. so it's a good price.

Agreed. The weakened yen just makes it a good time to make purchases.

David, message received, and I got my order in at NY for about $193. I went with EMS 3-4 day delivery, so the shipping was 4000 yen. A bit steep, but I just want to get the thing.

Anyway, thanks much, man. I appreciate it.

Congrats on picking one up. The price is marked up but at least you are not going to stress of find one.

It's official, I've been shafted by Play-Asia :angry:. They sent me the cancellation notice and a subsequent PayPal refund offer with the 2.9% charge, which I haven't accepted yet as I feel it's bull$hit... why should I lose money for their F**k-up? I should've known better than to give these ass-wipes a second chance (this marks the second time they've done this to me). I've been scouring their site for in-stock items I can use as a dollar-for-dollar substitution instead, but haven't found anything that stands out. Play-Asia is officially on my avoid-like-the-plague list... never again.

I'm so glad I did not cancel my N-Y pre-order (ended up costing only about $6.00 more than P-A would have) in the hopes on HLJ getting additional stock...

It's official, I've been shafted by Play-Asia :angry:. They sent me the cancellation notice and a subsequent PayPal refund offer with the 2.9% charge, which I haven't accepted yet as I feel it's bull$hit... why should I lose money for their F**k-up? I should've known better than to give these ass-wipes a second chance (this marks the second time they've done this to me). I've been scouring their site for in-stock items I can use as a dollar-for-dollar substitution instead, but haven't found anything that stands out. Play-Asia is officially on my avoid-like-the-plague list... never again.

I'm so glad I did not cancel my N-Y pre-order (ended up costing only about $6.00 more than P-A would have) in the hopes on HLJ getting additional stock...

I feel your pain. Same happened to me.