I'd've already ACTUALLY known that was coming if I paid better attention, wouldn't I?

yep, you would have. :p

anyways. here's some better pics for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/mp10-masterpiece-convoy-ver-2-new-images-172540/

so approximately $250US shipped gets you stumpy legs and derpy head sculpt and cheap looking washboard faux-grill abs.

Edited by anime52k8

yep, you would have. :p

anyways. here's some better pics for your viewing pleasure:

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/japanese-transformers-40/mp10-masterpiece-convoy-ver-2-new-images-172540/

so approximately $250US shipped gets you stumpy legs and derpy head sculpt and cheap looking washboard faux-grill abs.

While I do think the price is steep, I like it a lot more than I was expecting to, after hearing MP10 was going to be nothing more than another Prime. I certainly prefer the looks of this Optimus much more than the original one. I never liked the head of MP1, it always looked wrong to me, and the truck mode was not convincing enough.

Apart from the price, I don't see anything to complain about. I didn't want to get this because I cannot really justify another OP, since I have MP1, Hybrid Style Convoy, G1 Convoy reissue, Revoltech Convoy and Henkei Prime, but I am really liking the looks of it.

Really? talk about milking a mold... Is that another ROTF leader with some big plastic gun that will attach somehow to the cab?

I just went out of my way to get a Buster Prime. Unless this thing has a major premium paint job they can shove it.

Not going to get the Reveal the Shield and Generations toys I really wanted because Hasbro would rather hawk crappy toys based on the same handful of ugly Bayformers just because there's another movie coming out... I'm just going to go find a new hobby.

Cool. Didn't care for jetwing prime but this guy looks pretty cool .

If he's already got a box ready and all, what's with all the teaser BS? Is Takara trying to get us to buy Jetwing first, only to realize they've got a better one lined up?

Between the DA-28 and Jetwings, I'm more interested in the former. With the Jet Wings version you really can't pose with a lot of variety without a stand. I hear the DA-28 is supposed to be a triple-changer, although I'm not keeping my hopes up. The gun and shield will probably be attached to various parts to simulate stealth mode. Even so, the gun and shield should allow for more versatile poses than Jet Wings.

Aaaaaand...he's canon.

th_background_autobots.jpg

aaaaaand... we're never going to get new animated toys again outside of botcon/club exclusive repaints. :(

animated tracks would have made an awesome toy.

I went to Babies R Us this afternoon to find some stuff for my best friend's baby shower, and figured I'd peek at the toys while I was there. Imagine my surprise when I found a solitary Generations Scourge. I'm digging him. He's got weird shoulders, and the alt mode doesn't really look like (although is probably more plausible) than the original's rocket sled thingy, but the bot mode is just so spot-on G1 that he's hard not to love.

Too bad I couldn't find any of the others. I was really looking forward to that last batch of Generations figures, much more that the earlier waves.

I wonder if Hasbro's still shipping these? While I haven't seen anything besides Skullgrin and Cliffjumper, I did notice that Target still has a trio of peg hooks that seem to be for Generations, as does TRU (except that TRU had Megatron, WFC Prime, Thunderwing, and Bluestreak). Maybe I'll go to Walmart tomorrow morning to see if they might not have a few more, since I was really looking forward to basically all the post-RTS figures except Wreck-Gar... who I was still planning on getting, but didn't really have a strong emotional attachment to.

What, no love for the Dual Mode kits?

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-toys--products-30/more-dual-model-optimus-prime-images-172632/

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-158208-1-4.html

Looks nice right out of the box, hopefully it can be posed without fear of parts popping off every which way.

-b.

I wonder if Hasbro's still shipping these? While I haven't seen anything besides Skullgrin and Cliffjumper, I did notice that Target still has a trio of peg hooks that seem to be for Generations, as does TRU (except that TRU had Megatron, WFC Prime, Thunderwing, and Bluestreak). Maybe I'll go to Walmart tomorrow morning to see if they might not have a few more, since I was really looking forward to basically all the post-RTS figures except Wreck-Gar... who I was still planning on getting, but didn't really have a strong emotional attachment to.

I'd kind of like to see late wave generations/RTS stuff actually show up in stores, but I'm going to be pissed if I find a wheeljack at retail I finally caved and payed BBTS's asinine prices.

Edited by anime52k8

Just got back from Walmart. TONS of Dark of the Moon crap, if you're into that. Like Target and TRU, they have three peg hooks for Generations, and they were actually very full. Unfortunately, while they have tons of Thunderwing, Dirge, Megatron, and Cliffjumper (surprisingly no Skullgrins), that's basically all they had.

What I'd really like to find, in the order I'd like to find it...

G2 Optimus Prime

Wheeljack

Thundercracker

Warpath

Kup

Perceptor

Wreck-Gar

Windcharger

Grapple

Am I missing anybody? I found all of the pre-RTS Generations figures I wanted.

Speaking of surprising Wallmart finds...

:p

DSC00003.jpg

kind of bummed though, I was actually looking for that blue and yellow sideswipe but couldn't find a single one. :(

Edited by anime52k8

kind of bummed though, I was actually looking for that blue and yellow sideswipe but couldn't find a single one. :(

Really? They had a ton at mine. Can you find any more of the Generations figures I need? Maybe we could work out a swap.

Edited by mikeszekely

They're still shipping. People here in MN have been finding freshly stocked RTS & Generations figures, most recently the Wheeljack/Warpath/Thundercracker wave at Targets. They're in small numbers, but at least they're still out there.

I know how you feel though, these last couple of waves have been some of the most frustrating TFs to find that I can remember. I've ended up getting most of them either from BBTS or from kindly forum members.

Really? They had a ton at mine. Can you find any more of the Generations figures I need? Maybe we could work out a swap.

Unfortunately it was only the one Kup and he was on a bottom shelf buried behind a bunch of Skullgrins, Thunderwings and Hailstorms of all things.

Hell must have frozen over today, because I saw all of the following at one, single Target store:

* TWO Warpaths;

* TWO Wheeljacks;

* One Generations Thundercracker;

* One Kup; and

* One Scourge.

And of course, a grip of Skullgrins. :p

PM me if you wanna know the location. I'm not a Transformer collector, so I left 'em there.

Okay so I have two questions. Hopefully they are not too stupid. Please humor me.

Question #1. Is it true that Shoji Kawamori designed the original Optimus Prime? If so was that first a diaclone convoy or something?

Question #2. What are the chances that Bandai or Takara or anyone for that matter would reissue the original Jetfire?

Thanks.

Okay so I have two questions. Hopefully they are not too stupid. Please humor me.

Question #1. Is it true that Shoji Kawamori designed the original Optimus Prime? If so was that first a diaclone convoy or something?

Shoji Kawamori was involved in the design of the original battle convoy Diaclone toy.

Question #2. What are the chances that Bandai or Takara or anyone for that matter would reissue the original Jetfire?

Thanks.

somewhere between zero and none. Bandai owns the 1/55 VF-1S molds and Takara owns the japanese rights to the TF related IPs. unless one where to buy/license the molds/IP from the other it can't happen.

somewhere between zero and none. Bandai owns the 1/55 VF-1S molds and Takara owns the japanese rights to the TF related IPs. unless one where to buy/license the molds/IP from the other it can't happen.

You forgot 3. Hasbro tends to avoid playing ball with Bandai to avoid pissing off Takara.

So while Takara CAN'T do a Jetfire reissue(FIRST issue for their market), Hasbro WON'T do a Jetfire reissue.

But then.... the classic toy reissues seem to have done much better in Japan than in the US, so it may just not be worth Hasbro's effort to do a reissue that Takara can't do too.

Actually... I wonder if Hasbro still has the rights to that mold or if they'd have to re-license it.

Re-licensing it would add the obvious complication of "costs more money than something we actually own." Especially for a franchise that has become worth something in the intervening decades.

You forgot 3. Hasbro tends to avoid playing ball with Bandai to avoid pissing off Takara.

true, I also totally forgot about the fact that Hasbro/Takara would probably have to get permission from Harmony Gold/Big West as well.

Yeah, reissuing the 1/55 Jetfire toy in the USA won't happen because there'd be too many hands in the proverbial cookie jar.

• Takara - As Hasbro's business partner, Takara would need to be on board for this to happen.
  • Bandai - As the owner of the 1/55's manufacturing molds, Hasbro would have to pay them to manufacture more 1/55's. Hasbro's original 1984 contract with Bandai has most likely expired by now.
  • Tatsunoko Production/Harmony Gold - As the rights holders of all SDF Macross toys outside of Japan, Hasbro would need to obtain a license from them before Bandai could manufacture anything. Since the 1/55 Jetfire is merely a repainted SDF Macross toy released in the USA, Tatsunoko Production/Harmony Gold have jurisdiction.
  • Toynami - Since Tatsunoko Production/Harmony Gold designated Toynami as their exclusive distributor of Macross toys in the USA, Toynami might need to be the company to distribute any reissued 1/55 Jetfire's in the USA. At the very least, I'd imagine that Toynami would need to be compensated in some fashion.
  • Big West - While they have no legal jurisdiction over SDF Macross toys outside of Japan, they do hold some sort of sway over Bandai when it comes to SDF Macross toys outside of Japan. So Big West would need to be on board too. Bandai attempted to release 1/55 SDF Macross toys in the USA in 2008 and Big West somehow stopped that from happening.

That's a lot of egos that Hasbro would need to bring to the bargaining table. The logistics alone would be a nightmare. Not to mention all the money that Hasbro would need to front. It's never going to happen, IMO.

Edited by TheLoneWolf

Thanks for all the background everyone. Well that is too bad. I would love to get a non-yellowed, non-floppy, complete Jetfire for a decent price (such as the price of the "Origin of Valkyrie" super sets). Until then I guess I should keep looking at ebay for a decent match that wont cost a fortune. too bad I sold my childhood one 7 years ago.

Hey, how's RotF Voyager Prime? I generally don't collect Leader class figures (no space, too much money). The Dark of the Moon Voyager Prime looks awful, and while the Deluxe looks pretty good (if a little lacking in paint), I'd want to display him with RotF Voyager Megatron or Dark of the Moon Megatron (if I pick him up). Walmart's stocking some repaint of RotF Prime (the one with the hooks), and it looks pretty nice. Should I get it?

Hey, how's RotF Voyager Prime? I generally don't collect Leader class figures (no space, too much money). The Dark of the Moon Voyager Prime looks awful, and while the Deluxe looks pretty good (if a little lacking in paint), I'd want to display him with RotF Voyager Megatron or Dark of the Moon Megatron (if I pick him up). Walmart's stocking some repaint of RotF Prime (the one with the hooks), and it looks pretty nice. Should I get it?

The only battle hooks Optimus that I know of is a Leader Class figure. I have the standard Leader Class and it's excellent. An unsung Masterpiece.

There is an ROTF Voyager Class called Battle Blades Optimus. Again, this one is excellent. It's complex beyond its scale.

Either one is worth the dough. I lean toward the Voyager since it doesn't have electronics.

The only battle hooks Optimus that I know of is a Leader Class figure. I have the standard Leader Class and it's excellent. An unsung Masterpiece.

There is an ROTF Voyager Class called Battle Blades Optimus. Again, this one is excellent. It's complex beyond its scale.

Either one is worth the dough. I lean toward the Voyager since it doesn't have electronics.

I think the Walmart one is Battle Blades Optimus with hooks instead of the swords, a darker paint job that's supposed to look like he's in space, and a new head mold sans mouth plate. Pic here.

I think the Walmart one is Battle Blades Optimus with hooks instead of the swords, a darker paint job that's supposed to look like he's in space, and a new head mold sans mouth plate. Pic here.

Yeah, you're right. It's pretty much Battle Blades with a twist. I've never seen that one. Everything I said applies to him as well. Only down side is Voyager hooks is missing a couple of paint apps.

Does anyone know when hasbro's planning on releasing the WINDCHARGER fig from reveal the shield line? or has anyone seen it at their local TARGET or WALMART stores yet?