Bandai 1/48 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread

azrael

I don't think Bandai has ever released a kit of transformable mecha that doesn't transform. The only thing that might make this kit non-transformable would be if it was being released under the EX kits line. Which would also mean glue, putty, sanding, and paint required. EX kits are usually reserved for obscure or limited popularity stuff though.

I think it's highly unlikely that this is going to be an EX kit. all other EX aircraft kits were 1/100 except for the 1/72 sky crawlers kits which are smaller planes to begin with.

although the sample shown clearly can't transform. (the parts that make up the chest, back, and shoulders are all one piece) it's still likely that the final model will be fully transformable. IIRC the first VF-25 Ozma DX prototype couldn't transform either.

Hmmn. Based on how PG Gundam eyes etc are molded, they very well could mold the clear canopy and the black frames together as a single part. Now, the question is if they'll actually make them purple this time around...

Damn, I forgot about that one. I don't really care if it comes purple or not.

Or it could just be a large scale model like most of their Gundam ship kits.

White Base had gimmicks, too.

Retractable landing gear that resembles the VF100's landing gear(looks "just right", not too long like the 1/72 model).

Please, God, make that so!

The first PG kit WAS a non-Gundam kit. :phttp://www.hlj.com/product/BAN58680

anyways. if it is a PG grade VF-25, I want it to have it come in full color. no having to make all the stripes and crap with decals. at PG level they should either be able to make the panels out of separate parts for each color or at least ship the parts pre-painted.

I've got a PG GP-01 FB, it looks great but it's still a lot fiddlier and delicate than your average Yamato. the joints hold good for Poly caps and friction joints but it sill lacks ratchet joints and some of the smaller parts you have to worry about.

I ALWAYS forget the Eva. I just know that Bandai spreads all their love to Gundam.

Honestly, though, the GP-01 is probably the worst "Gundam" (Zakus and such aside) to mess with, since it has so many different things you can remove and replace and such. The PG Strike is epically solid, as are the RX-78-2 and RX-178.

This may or may not be PG. I really hope it is. All I can be sure of is this: GIMMICKS APLENTY!

Honestly, though, the GP-01 is probably the worst "Gundam" (Zakus and such aside) to mess with, since it has so many different things you can remove and replace and such. The PG Strike is epically solid, as are the RX-78-2 and RX-178.

I still wish I had one of the PG RX-178's but I could only take one PG kit on the plane... also missed out on a first issue VF-1A max :(

IIRC the first VF-25 Ozma DX prototype couldn't transform either.

Yeah, I think that this is a early sample that they was show for the fair, look at Quealuun Rea sample, it dont appears that it have open canopy even appears a figure instead a kit :

017.jpg018.jpg

I have no doub that it´ll be variable, there no reason to dont.

Edit:

The first PG kit WAS a non-Gundam kit. :phttp://www.hlj.com/product/BAN58680

OMG !! I dont noticed the reissue of EVA-01 Perfect Grade Kit :o , I was looking for this kit :D *preordered*

BTW the title of the thread is perfect, Im obsessed with this kit, looking the thread every hour :p

I want news !! :lol:

Edited by SVF-Gerwalk

So I'm guessing the Alto one will come out first? Or will Bandai release Alto and Ozma together?? I want the Ozma one the most.

Looks like Alto definitely. Maybe Ozma. Large-scale models get a lower number of releases than smaller models. We may not even see Super parts for these guys.

Looks like Alto definitely. Maybe Ozma. Large-scale models get a lower number of releases than smaller models. We may not even see Super parts for these guys.

Yep, if this kit is a Perfect Grade, that are expensive kits, may be there no Super Parts and other stuff.

But if this is a up scale there still hope.

Was just about to say that.

PG Strike and PG Skygrasper are on my buy list this summer, above even Macross.

I love my Gunpla.

It's a good thing I have not ordered anymore of the 1/72. They are a little small for display but good for being in a diorama.

But a 1/48 VF-25 will definitely be more than handful since it will be larger than Yamato's 1/48 VF-1 line. :blink:

Knowing BanDai and how expensive it is to make a mold, they will try and milk out every single dollar we have! So, expect to pay PG kit prices, meaning roughly US$200 and all possible variants!

Just look at the PG RX-78-2, there was the normal version, the black version, the red version, the grey version, the clear version, the one year war version, the plated versions...I mean the list just goes on and on!

That is if they don't package it with super parts from the start.

If they do release superparts i hope you don't have to remove any parts to put them on.

Well...

Hopefully this thing will be a lot less delicate than the 1/72 - although there's a certain elegence to the 1:72 - we'll see what it looks like in Battroid mode.

I recall that the 1:100 line looks cack in Battroid mode - just like the 1/60 DX...

Pete

Well at least Bandai would spread the different versions out a little, releasing maybe 1 or 2 kits at most a year, right?

They may only release the Alto VF-25F and that would be it. Don't expect a wide range of 1/48s. At most only 2 versions. Add-ons may not even come. They sell more 1/100 or 1/72 model kits (basically the smaller and mid-range kits) than they do the large ones. This is why we have hundreds of 1/100 NG/MG and 1/144 HG Gunpla kits.

God I hope they release an Ozma one. Or have the kit come with parts that makes whichever variant you want. But that's unlikely seeing how Bandai like to milk the molds. Or maybe that will make people buy multiple kits of their one release and make all of them. A win win situation if you ask me. Whoever wants a certain variant can just buy 1 kit while whoever wants all of them can buy 4. Downside to that is the kit will be extra expensive...

Edited by badboy00z

God I hope they release an Ozma one. Or have the kit come with parts that makes whichever variant you want. But that's unlikely seeing how Bandai like to milk the molds. Or maybe that will make people buy multiple kits of their one release and make all of them. A win win situation if you ask me. Whoever wants a certain variant can just buy 1 kit while whoever wants all of them can buy 4. Downside to that is the kit will be extra expensive...

By the time this kit comes out, it might be based on the "movie version" VF-25s which may do away with the body color differences between the 4 VFs (like the TV VF-1s vs. DYRL VF-1s). Which might mean Bandai could get away by just adding different heads, the sniper rifle, the radome, and decals for the 4 versions.

Super parts will most likely happen (probably as a separate release). That was one thing the plamo guys in the Figure Oh article said they wanted to improve for a PG VF-25.

Edited by Vifam7

They may only release the Alto VF-25F and that would be it. Don't expect a wide range of 1/48s. At most only 2 versions. Add-ons may not even come. They sell more 1/100 or 1/72 model kits (basically the smaller and mid-range kits) than they do the large ones. This is why we have hundreds of 1/100 NG/MG and 1/144 HG Gunpla kits.

Versus the 15 or so Perfect Grade Gunplas.

By the time this kit comes out, it might be based on the "movie version" VF-25s which may do away with the body color differences between the 4 VFs (like the TV VF-1s vs. DYRL VF-1s). Which might mean Bandai could get away by just adding different heads, the sniper rifle, the radome, and decals for the 4 versions.

Super parts will most likely happen (probably as a separate release). That was one thing the plamo guys in the Figure Oh article said they wanted to improve for a PG VF-25.

Was there anything else that's interesting mentioned by the Figure Oh article??

I hope they don't put a 1/60 pilot into the 1/48 cockpit B))

Assuming it IS a PG, here's what we can expect:

Articulation to the extreme

LED gimmicks

Removable armor plating*

Pilot made just for this

Super-detail

If not, we may get the armor plating in MG detail and the pilot.

I do hope it's PG.

Don't bring up the many releases issue; PG Strike and PG Skygrasper had about a year between them, and at this stage, this will be released in about a year, the same amount of time between the last release and this prospective one.

Don't bring up the many releases issue; PG Strike and PG Skygrasper had about a year between them, and at this stage, this will be released in about a year, the same amount of time between the last release and this prospective one.

I thought they didn't really count since they were from the same series and complemented each other. :p

I guess I be wrong.

I thought they didn't really count since they were from the same series and complemented each other. :p

I guess I be wrong.

Eh, I don't know. The Skygrasper's not even that important.

Everyone in the Gunpla circuit knows for fact that the Skygrasper's only in PG because Bandai needed an excuse to sell the Aile separately, and it wouldn't have a chance of selling on its own in PG.

It's not official, but it's truth.

Lets go back on topic guys.. =) so any other new pics of this baby yet?

Considering the Shizuoka show just ended 4 days ago and the hobby magazines aren't due out for another 2 weeks....I don't think we'll be hearing much during that time.

Good grief, first the YF-19, and now this... my wallet's crying already.

To be honest, as nice as a PG version would be.. I'd rather have it without some of those gimmicks, just for simplicity. I can definitely live without lighting, there just aren't that many lit parts on these to make it worthwhile (compared to something like a star trek kit, where half the durn ship glows :p)

The inner framework PG kits tend to have would be VERY nice to have for something that transforms, but I could live without it if the price is right. My only real worry is affordability, since I know I'm going to want several of these. ^_^

I do hope they make multiple versions, or at least include the separate heads/weapons in one kit. Boosters would be nice, but in 1/48, things might get a bit difficult to support.

Good grief, first the YF-19, and now this... my wallet's crying already.

To be honest, as nice as a PG version would be.. I'd rather have it without some of those gimmicks, just for simplicity. I can definitely live without lighting, there just aren't that many lit parts on these to make it worthwhile (compared to something like a star trek kit, where half the durn ship glows :p)

The inner framework PG kits tend to have would be VERY nice to have for something that transforms, but I could live without it if the price is right. My only real worry is affordability, since I know I'm going to want several of these. ^_^

I do hope they make multiple versions, or at least include the separate heads/weapons in one kit. Boosters would be nice, but in 1/48, things might get a bit difficult to support.

That said, the Aile Pack looks much heavier than each individual part of the boosters. Besides, this is plastic. It's not heavy enough to cause a buckle.

The head sensor glows, and that's all Bandai ever glows in their PGs...

Inner Framework is the basis of win. Without it, I don't know where Gunpla would be. Without it, there is no poseability.

PG 1/48 VF-25F.... i want....

PG 1/48 Super pack... i need...

PG 1/48 armour pack... i must get....

Get all...... ( No... no..... no!!!!!!! Wallet screaming in despair...)

*just joking abt the armour and super pack.. but if they really comes out i will get em..

Here's my guess. Bandai took thier Gundam property and made a seriese of kits to compliment the 1/35th scale armor hobby and capitalize a market Tamiya has helped create. The Hardgraph line. I think this kit might be a good old static kit to go against Hasegawa with thier aircraft market. I'm going to wager they are making a beautifully detailed VF-25 without any moving gimmicks and do the best detailing job they can just like the do with the Hardgraph line.

There's 2 cents for ya. Probably worth less than that in this market.

Here's my guess. Bandai took thier Gundam property and made a seriese of kits to compliment the 1/35th scale armor hobby and capitalize a market Tamiya has helped create. The Hardgraph line. I think this kit might be a good old static kit to go against Hasegawa with thier aircraft market. I'm going to wager they are making a beautifully detailed VF-25 without any moving gimmicks and do the best detailing job they can just like the do with the Hardgraph line.

There's 2 cents for ya. Probably worth less than that in this market.

I really hope your wrong because that sounds absolutely horrible.