Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.3

azrael

Some of the artwork was lifted from the masters already published in books or CDs, etc... Other ones seem to be new works.

Who knows what will come out for the VF-27 after it gets released?

Hopefully, Grace art. :)

Guest sh002

i would want the q-rea to come with a separate poseable macronized and micronized klan klan. that would be cool to display next to other valkyries.

I know this is going back a few pages, but I posted up the colours for the Mikhail VF-25G kit (somewhere around post 400). I finally got my kit and am really impressed with it! The level of engineering and design that went into this is just incredible. Granted, my only comparison for transforming kits is an Imai Legioss, so it's not a fair fight...

Anyway, I've got a request, now that I've got colours that are accurate, I need to know where to put them.

Can someone take a bit of time to translate the headings for each colour (IE "blue part of main body" ect...)? Anyone...? Anyone...? Vifam7...? ;)

Here's original:

post-10360-1243298120_thumb.jpg

And the one that's got the colours but no headings translated:

post-10360-1243298191_thumb.jpg

I know this is going back a few pages, but I posted up the colours for the Mikhail VF-25G kit (somewhere around post 400). I finally got my kit and am really impressed with it! The level of engineering and design that went into this is just incredible. Granted, my only comparison for transforming kits is an Imai Legioss, so it's not a fair fight...

Anyway, I've got a request, now that I've got colours that are accurate, I need to know where to put them.

Can someone take a bit of time to translate the headings for each colour (IE "blue part of main body" ect...)? Anyone...? Anyone...? Vifam7...? ;)

Here's original:

post-10360-1243298120_thumb.jpg

And the one that's got the colours but no headings translated:

post-10360-1243298191_thumb.jpg

Hope this helps. Quick and rough translation.

FROM LEFT SIDE

1st row

Main body - blue colored part

Main body - white colored part

Main body - dark blue colored part

2nd row

Main body line - blue colored part

Frame - blue gray colored part

Ankle - light gray colored part

3rd row

Rifle - gray colored part

Rifle - green colored part

Rifle - pink colored part

4th row

Rifle mouth, scope base - black colored part

Rifle, cockpit - blue gray colored part

Base of both wings - cream yellow colored part

5th row

Head, neck, cockpit, knife base - gray colored part

Knife blade part - light gray colored part

Canopy, Mikhail’s visor - clear purple colored part

6th row

Head, Mikahil’s helmet - light blue colored part

Mikhail - white colored part

Mikhail- gray colored part

7th row

Mikhail - blue colored part

Mikhail SMS mark, rifle scope - red colored part

Mikhail SMS mark - yellow colored part

HobbySearch has a detailed pic of wing/backplate hinge reinforcement for ArmorPacks on battroid mode:

post-10806-1243372568_thumb.jpg

Is that a new connection piece for Action Base? :huh:

Edited by alfye

@CF18: What issue of Model Graphix is that, please?

I've been finishing my VF-25F for almost 2 weeks. I put all the parts together and since then it's been nothing but adding small details, hope to be finished by the end of this week, i'll post some photos by then.

In the meantime i started putting the RVF-25 together.. Big question: F and S canopies are bluish purple, G is blue. But what have you guys been using for the canopy of the RVF?

This Model Graphic scan shows all the extra pieces.

So, will you be unable to cover the canopy with the back-plate in battroid mode? I can't help it, that makes the 25 look very odd - with it's pilot visibly in its butt.

Hi guys,

Luca took me few days to finish it especially applying the decal. Great kit and amazing details. Love it a lot and will surely shoot more photos later.

post-3479-1243489766_thumb.jpg

Edited by ikhii

@CF18: What issue of Model Graphix is that, please?

I've been finishing my VF-25F for almost 2 weeks. I put all the parts together and since then it's been nothing but adding small details, hope to be finished by the end of this week, i'll post some photos by then.

In the meantime i started putting the RVF-25 together.. Big question: F and S canopies are bluish purple, G is blue. But what have you guys been using for the canopy of the RVF?

RVF- canopy should be yellow, IIRC.

Re: VF-25G boxart: I guess they ret-conned the design to make the DX toy more accurate, rofl.

Edited by edwin3060

VF-25F Final Build Update:

It's finaly done. After months of slow, sometimes grueling work (not because of the kit but my poor modeling skills) and a lot of trial and error, the VF-25F now sits proud in its SMS base on the still empty shelf where soon, hopefully, it will be joined by the rest of SMS's Skull Squadron. Here are some pics of this beautiful bird. If i ever bring myself to transform it i will post pics of Gerwalk and Battroid modes. For now i just want to enjoy a work well done (by my standards, at least).

post-9322-1243511285_thumb.jpg post-9322-1243511758_thumb.jpg

post-9322-1243511915_thumb.jpg post-9322-1243512066_thumb.jpg

post-9322-1243512109_thumb.jpg post-9322-1243512244_thumb.jpg

post-9322-1243512312_thumb.jpg post-9322-1243512387_thumb.jpg

And a pic of the bird with its proud pilot.

post-9322-1243512446_thumb.jpg

I have already started assembly of the RVF-25 and i must say that the 2nd time around it gets easier. The experience gained from assembling the F reflects in this new build. The inicial fear that i had back when i started this is gone and, hopefully, the mistakes i made during this build will allow the next to go smoother and faster.

In the end, this is an amazing kit and deserves a bit of extra work, other than just assembling it straight out of the box. And trust me, it pays of. If a noob like me can do it, anyone can. :lol:

Nice work Westfall! Did you use decal or sticker?

Thanks. I used mostly stickers, but not all of them. Some details were painted, like the white stripes on the head and the exagonal shoulder pieces (only visible in the othe modes), et cetera.

Edited by westfall

Hi,

I just started assembling my Messiah Valkyrie Alto Custom and would like to ask you about the color for the head antennas. Default they are white and I like to paint them but don't know which color to choose.

Thats some good work done there westfall :)

meanwhile,

bandai has released new product pics of the armored vf-25s

you can see a new display stand connector for the jet mode

from the side profile, the gun pod seems to hang REALLY low

the wings look insanely heavy, the legs too

can the hip and knee joints still hold poses on the display stand??? i wonder

and how much stress can the wing joints take?

things were already bad enough with the super parts... and now this

4543112587657_i16.jpg

4543112587657_i17.jpg

4543112587657_i02.jpg

4543112587657_i03.jpg

4543112587657_i12.jpg

4543112587657_i13.jpg

From the side profile, it looks both overweight, and pregnant!

I know...the fighter mode looks so overloaded!

The battroid is good though! but also wonder how long it will take to become an overall floppy mess, or worse, start cracking, definitely to display in one mode only, a waste considering it does actually transform into all 3 modes, but just not worth the risk and the inevitable damage to the finish.

LMAO.

Man if I was that fighter plane I would be saying 'STOP STRAPPING ALL THIS JUNK TO ME'

It does surprise me though that the hip joints are naturally strong enough to hold up all the leg armor. I was expecting to have to lay down coats of clearcoat to stiffen it up.

The arm in Gerwalk too has barely any room to move. But I gotta admit, I love it cause its so ridiculous. Overkill is right, although even in that picture, he's not even wielding his gunpod and reaction missiles.

Also uhhh... From the side profile, does this thing have any hope of being able to have its landing gear deployed? Look how far down the gunpod is!

Edited by Cent

I don't think so, that's why you NEED a stand

4543112587657_i16.jpg

look how the gunpod's tip is hanging even lower than the nose gear?

4543112587657_i17.jpg

from the side profile the problem is more apparent.

I wonder how they did the previous pictures with gears down...maybe the gunpod was not installed for those pictures? In any case, it would have a very pronounced nose-down attitude anyway.

I like model aircraft with gears down, but I guess Armored VF-25 will be a Battroid-only model if I eventually buy it. I was quite sure I would, but now that I see this pictures (presumably for the box art), I am not so sure anymore.

Since the landing gears are the swap type, lengthening the landing gears shouldn't be too difficult a mod if one wants to display with gears down. Personally, with all those parts on, I think it'll look too weird sitting on it's landing gears. This is definitely something I'll get a stand for.

Edited by Vifam7

Yea I was going to give it a stand in Gerwalk mode, so I don't mind at all... But like I said, I'm buying it for how ridiculously overkill it is... and the fact that it is so packed that it could never land just lends to that characteristic. :D

i like the "its me against the whole world" vibes it gives

its astounding that this thing can even transform with all that armor

remember the old GBP armored VF-1 could only do battroid mode