New arms design/rethink for VF-0S new release - Overdrive rep talks to

ruskiiVFaussie

• 2 weeks later...
It's a VF-0 toy, and that fact alone makes it comparable. As for being a parts-former, that's nothing more than an assumption. Bandai has stated the VF-25 would require parts to be removed for transformation but they have said no such thing for the rest of the 1/100 line.

a GN-U YF-19 and the 1/60 YF-19 are both toy's, would you say they're comparable. The Bandai 1/100 and the Yamato 1/60 really are like comparing apples and oranges. The 1/60 is basically a prebuilt model. The VF100’s are most likely a going to be relatively affordable action figures that sacrifice PT in order to maintain durability and look.

And to think that any of the VF100's won’t be partsformers is frankly delusional. They’re going to be partformers guarantied. They may not require parts swapping, but they’re at least going to be like the old v.1 1/60’s

I just got done picturing up my VF-0S with fold booster for a review. I'm happy to report as all other VF-0S/Booster owners have reported, the shoulders appear to be fixed on that version. I took off the cover and saw no evidence of stress marks. I'm curious if the fix employed on the booster version was just too expensive for Yamato's liking (if they made it all out of POM like the rumor was) and so now they're trying to work out a cheaper fix...

• 4 weeks later...
I'm a little bit confused about what's going on in this thread. So the current stock in Overdrive (like as of this present moment) contains the redesigned arm with the supposed fix?

Heres how I remember it, in order of release.

vf-0a bad shoulders

vf-0s bad shoulders

vf-0a with ghost 50/50ish mix of good and bad shoulders

vf-0s with ghost 100% fixed

I have a 0s with no problems, and a 0s with ghost and no problems. I want a 0a with ghost but I have not bought one yet because I cant be sure if it is a fixed version or not.

VF-0S was first. But with the added craptacular loose joints/feet thrusters.

I have the Shin 0A + Ghost, and i'm really happy with it (numerous transformation cycles to boot) but always wanted the VF-0S Roy.

You should contact Overdrive and secure yourself a revised arm VF-0S GhostTrain.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well i know what my Christmas prezzie will be -

Another update about the 1/60 VF-0S. It's been officialy pushed back to December.

It was officialy announced on Yamato's web site if your interested.(Will be in Japanese) http://www.yamato-toys.com/after/index.html

Regards

--

OverDrive Info <info@over-drive-inc.com>

• 5 weeks later...

Is there any way to tell the difference between an "old" one and a "new" one.

I think that next year, I'm just going to get ANOTHER VF-OA, VF-OS, SV-51 (N and I) and all of the rest. I've decided to stock up, and buying one fighter of all of the various ones per year seems a reasonable way to do this.

Would be nifty if there was some easy way to tell you're getting a new version rather than an old one - like new packaging or something.

Pete

Is there any way to tell the difference between an "old" one and a "new" one.

I think that next year, I'm just going to get ANOTHER VF-OA, VF-OS, SV-51 (N and I) and all of the rest. I've decided to stock up, and buying one fighter of all of the various ones per year seems a reasonable way to do this.

Would be nifty if there was some easy way to tell you're getting a new version rather than an old one - like new packaging or something.

Pete

Do you think it will be really different from the first one?

Like VF-1 v.2 to v.1?

Or, is it just a shoulder problem being fixed?;;

vf-0s with ghost 100% fixed

I have a 0s with no problems, and a 0s with ghost and no problems. I want a 0a with ghost but I have not bought one yet because I cant be sure if it is a fixed version or not.

I have seven VF-0S with Ghosts that are 100% tight. I officially believe that it has been fixed.

Where do you guys get the money to pay for these things???? happy.gif

It's called work wink.gif

It's also called having no family, no mortgage, no car loan, no kids, a girlfriend who makes three times more money than me, understanding parents, and sheer will power :)

Pete

My vf-0s is OK still after about six transformations. I do have a replacement set handy though, just in case. I've seen no signs of problems yet. But then, I waited a while after they came out to get one.

Well, technically my VFOS is also in great shape. My VFOA is kinda wobbly, but it's ok too. The OS is in perfect condition - but I just was thinking of buying more... having a fleet of Valkyrie... one of each a year... hopefully, if I buy lots of Yamatos, then the proportion of faulty ones will be pretty much equal to the proportions of a typical MW poll - so if I buy say - TEN VFOAs, then three of them will have exploding shoulders (they can all stay in fighter mode forever), while 7 will be perfect :)

That is the only way to go :)... into bankrupcy... and happiness ;)

Pete

Well, technically my VFOS is also in great shape. My VFOA is kinda wobbly, but it's ok too. The OS is in perfect condition - but I just was thinking of buying more... having a fleet of Valkyrie... one of each a year... hopefully, if I buy lots of Yamatos, then the proportion of faulty ones will be pretty much equal to the proportions of a typical MW poll - so if I buy say - TEN VFOAs, then three of them will have exploding shoulders (they can all stay in fighter mode forever), while 7 will be perfect :)

That is the only way to go :)... into bankrupcy... and happiness ;)

Pete

O_O if you ever need someone to donate your broken/damaged VFs to, please give me a call :blink:

All we know is december.

Im being pessimistic here, but I think it wont be coming out in December because if it is, theres supposed so be some pictures right about now just like the VF-1S Hikaru DYRL. I really10000x hope they release it early December so I can get one before leaving Japan. But if more delay == better quality, then I guess I can wait a few more months.

Release pictures of the VF-0S? We all have seen pictures of the VF-0S and all they're doing is tweaking the shoulders slightly. It might continue to be delayed (it's already a couple months late) but I don't think you'll see pictures of it before it's released.

Release pictures of the VF-0S? We all have seen pictures of the VF-0S and all they're doing is tweaking the shoulders slightly. It might continue to be delayed (it's already a couple months late) but I don't think you'll see pictures of it before it's released.

So it's basically the same toy? Oww.. that sucks..

Oh so that's how it works. I thought they would be releasing pics for all products including newer versions of existing toys before actually releasing them to the public.

I recently got my very FIRST VF-0. It was supposedly the VF-0S with Ghost. It LOOKS in perfect condition, but I'm seeing what I think are design flaws/weeknesses. But I'm not sure, after reading every post in this thread.

-One foot thruster slides in and out much looser than the other.

-the legs don't lock with the backpack

-and most annoying of all: the fuselage (behind the cockpit) arches loosely and opens gaps, at the same time as there are gaps between the engine intakes and the metal wing-root slider pieces. I have fully and carefully transformed it to battroid and back to fighter, but the intake areas are still gappy and loose. And as far as I can see, everything is locked in as far as it can go. I can't seem to get both problems squeezed tight at the same time. Squeeze the engine gap and the back arches; flatten out the back (close the gaps) and the engine gaps widen.

Is this engine gap & fuselage arching/looseness a common issue? Is there a version A or S that these are fixed (or planned to be fixed in a future release)?