Macross Frontier News Thread III *Read 1st post*

azrael

Uh... I'd come up with a witty retort, but unfortunately I don't know any Antarctica jokes.

Really? I was sure you'd try to work Song Energy in there somewhere.

Really? I was sure you'd try to work Song Energy in there somewhere.

Haven't seen Happy Feet yet, although I hear it involved penguins singing and producing some form of anima spiritia. :lol:

Haven't seen Happy Feet yet, although I hear it involved penguins singing and producing some form of anima spiritia. :lol:

Does it really?!?!?! I got it from the 5 free blu-ray deal last year but never watched it. I might have to pop in in tonight tho...

Regardless...

"Good-bye, sister" might just be a flashback episode chronicling the details of the 117th fleet. When Ranka goes catatonic PTSD she always mentions "niichan."

And, I know 1/2 of MW would probably stop watching, but I'd be ecstatic if

Ranka gets a custom VF-27 with sound boosters

^_^ for "Ranka Attack"

BTW, I heard somewhere, it's from KISSDUM.

Very nice. You've done your duty.

I don't think we'll actually see anyone getting killed yet, specially Ozma or Brera. Ozma has not yet recovered Kathy and/or developed some kind of opposition towards Leon and Brera's rivalry with Alto, as well as his own role within this whole NUNS conspiracy, hasn't been sufficiently developed yet.

For example,

Episode 15 is called "Lost Peace", which may indicate that there will be a large scale attack on Frontier by the Vajra. By the end they may have completely overrun the colony fleet. The original SDF Macross had a similar episode with Zentradis invading the SDF-1.

I am of the opinion that Lost Peace will be the Galaxy fleet and Grace coming out of the shadows and either the cold war goes hot or it begins with an "incident"...

Has there been confirmation of how many episodes there will be for Mac Frontier?

I wouldn't mind seeing something on the order of 40+ episodes if they can maintain the decent animation and a good storyline. One thing they should not do is rush the story. Right now, there is a nice pacing to the story, part of the reason is that there are numerous interesting characters centering around the three main characters and enough room for good character development. There are enough interesting threads that hopefully they can push up the episode counts, and give a nice and satisfying end.

I always hoped that the original SDF Macross was a bit longer.

Has there been confirmation of how many episodes there will be for Mac Frontier?

No official confirmation yet.

My sources have said 26 eps. Some people here say 25 eps.

Either 25 or 26 eps ties in with the officially released disk count of 9 DVDs/BluRay disks.

If you want more eps, you need to hope we get a second series.

Graham

Right now, the count looks to be around 24-25 episodes (basically 1/2 a year) but we still don't have a clear number yet. Chances of an extension are somewhat slim since TV lineups for Fall/Autumn are fairly close to being set in stone. The hope would be for a 2nd season, but right now, we really don't know as Volume 1 of the DVD/Blu-Ray (a good sales indicator) hasn't even been released yet (street date 7/25/2008).

I am of the opinion that Lost Peace will be the Galaxy fleet and Grace coming out of the shadows and either the cold war goes hot or it begins with an "incident"...

very very rough and possibly full of mistakes :p

Ep 15 Lost Peace

Until Sheryl recovers from her illness, all her work are cancelled. Heard that Ranka's popularity is rising, and somehow feels insecure/worried. At such a time, Alto and Ranka gives her a get-well visit.

so could the "Lost Peace" be a show down between the girls? Both for fame and alto? :ph34r:

BTW, @Kronnang Dunn, i think u're editing the wiki Frontier episode lists? regarding Mother's Lullaby, i'm not sure if its really a secret with Aimo song, but rather the Aimo song is a mother's lullaby and its something to do with Ranka's memories (and the truth behind the memories - if that made any sense). you might be right though... the summary is quite vague...

"Good-bye, sister" might just be a flashback episode chronicling the details of the 117th fleet. When Ranka goes catatonic PTSD she always mentions "niichan."

And, I know 1/2 of MW would probably stop watching, but I'd be ecstatic if

Ranka gets a custom VF-27 with sound boosters

^_^ for "Ranka Attack"

Highly possible, I mean doesn't

Brera fly his with a harmonica.

:lol:

Edited by d3v

WTF is KISSDUM and why do I care? :p

KISS DUM is an anime Sci-Fi series from 2007. Shoji Kawamori did the mecha designs...

Ep 15 Lost Peace

Until Sheryl recovers from her illness, all her work are cancelled. Heard that Ranka's popularity is rising, and somehow feels insecure/worried. At such a time, Alto and Ranka gives her a get-well visit.

so could the "Lost Peace" be a show down between the girls? Both for fame and alto? :ph34r:

BTW, @Kronnang Dunn, i think u're editing the wiki Frontier episode lists? regarding Mother's Lullaby, i'm not sure if its really a secret with Aimo song, but rather the Aimo song is a mother's lullaby and its something to do with Ranka's memories (and the truth behind the memories - if that made any sense). you might be right though... the summary is quite vague...

Yeah... I actually meant that with my summary,

"Aimo" holds the secret of Ranka's past

... Thx for the summary for episode 15. Will update wikipedia with it...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Ep 15 Lost Peace

Well, they could be clever and

have both the beginning of a proper rivalry between Ranka and Sheryl and the start of major hostilities against the Vajra.

Ratings for last week

*5.4% (--.-%) 06/22 (Sun) *8:30am-*9:00am TV Asahi Yes! Pretty 5 Go Go!

*5.3% (*4.7%) 06/21 (Sat) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo Keroro Gunsou [sergeant Frog]

*5.1% (*3.8%) 06/21 (Sat) *6:00pm-*6:25pm NHK-ETV Anime Major

*4.5% (*4.7%) 06/21 (Sat) *8:30am-*9:00am TV Tokyo Oha Coliseum

*4.2% (*4.6%) 06/21 (Sat) *9:00am-*9:30am TV Tokyo BLUE DRAGON Tenkai no Shichiryuu [bLUE DRAGON: The Seven Sky Dragons]

*3.8% (*2.3%) 06/20 (Fri) *1:25am-*1:55am TBS xxxHOLiC Kei

*3.7% (*3.4%) 06/21 (Sat) 10:30am-11:00am TV Tokyo Katekyo Hitman Reborn!

*3.6% (*2.8%) 06/20 (Fri) *1:00am-*1:30am Fuji TV Toshokan Sensou [Library War]

*3.6% (*2.5%) 06/21 (Sat) *1:23am-*1:53am TV Tokyo Golgo 13

*3.5% (--.-%) 06/21 (Sat) 11:20am-11:45am TV Asahi ATASHIn'CHI

*3.5% (*2.1%) 06/20 (Fri) *4:30pm-*5:00pm NTV Soreike! Anpanman

*3.4% (*3.1%) 06/18 (Wed) *7:26pm-*7:55pm TV Tokyo BLEACH

*3.4% (*1.6%) 06/20 (Fri) *1:55am-*2:25am TBS To LOVE Ru -Trouble-

*3.3% (*3.7%) 06/21 (Sat) *9:30am-10:00am TV Tokyo Shugo Chara!

*3.3% (*3.4%) 06/19 (Thu) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo Gintama

*3.3% (*2.6%) 06/16 (Mon) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo Soul Eater

*3.2% (*2.1%) 06/22 (Sun) *5:00pm-*5:30pm TBS Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2

*3.1% (*3.6%) 06/22 (Sun) 10:00am-10:30am TV Tokyo Zettai Karen Children

*2.9% (*4.6%) 06/22 (Sun) *7:00am-*7:30am TV Asahi Kodai Ouja Kyouryuu King D Kids Adventure Yokuryuu Densetsu [Dinosaur King: Legend of the Pterosaurs]

*2.9% (*3.5%) 06/22 (Sun) *9:30am-10:00am TV Tokyo Onegai My Melody Kirara!

*2.6% (*5.2%) 06/22 (Sun) *8:30am-*9:00am TV Tokyo Net Ghost PIPOPA

*2.5% (*1.8%) 06/17 (Tue) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo D.Gray-man

*2.4% (--.-%) 06/21 (Sat) *6:25pm-*6:50pm NHK-ETV Telepathy Shoujo Ran (New)

*2.3% (*2.0%) 06/20 (Fri) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo Kirarin Revolution

*2.1% (*2.6%) 06/22 (Sun) *9:00-*9:30am TV Tokyo Pururun! Shizuku-chan Aha!

*2.1% (*1.7%) 06/17 (Tue) *1:00am-*1:30am TV Tokyo Vampire Knight

*2.0% (*2.9%) 06/18 (Wed) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's

*2.0% (*2.0%) 06/17 (Tue) *5:30pm-*6:00pm TV Tokyo Uchi no Sanshimai

*2.0% (--.-%) 06/21 (Sat) *2:00am-*2:30am TBS Macross FRONTIER

*1.9% (*2.6%) 06/22 (Sun) *6:30am-*7:00am TV Asahi Hatara Kids My Ham Gumi

*1.8% (*1.2%) 06/19 (Thu) *3:01am-*3:31am TBS Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 [Mobile Suit Gundam 00] (Rerun)

*1.8% (*1.8%) 06/23 (Mon) *1:30am-*2:00am TV Tokyo Nabari no Ou -NABARI-

*1.6% (*1.7%) 06/23 (Mon) *2:00am-*2:30am TV Tokyo Neo Angelique Abyss

*1.4% (--.-%) 06/21 (Sat) *2:30am-*3:00am TBS Itazura na Kiss

*1.3% (*1.8%) 06/18 (Wed) 12:59am-*1:29am NTV RD Sennou Chousashitsu [aka Real Drive]

*1.2% (*1.1%) 06/17 (Tue) *2:00am-*2:30am TV Tokyo Monochrome Factor

*0.9% (*1.2%) 06/20 (Fri) *2:15am-*2:45am TV Tokyo Soul Eater Late Show

*0.6% (*1.5%) 06/18 (Wed) *1:29am-*1:59am NTV Himitsu ~The Revelation~

Mostly increases across the board. A few dips. I expect some haphazard ratings with EuroCup going on (which I've heard has been pretty good).

what if, Ranka starts to get closer to Brera in the coming episodes, at the same time, Ozma and Cathy get back together and Leon finds out, the Vajra attack and Leon takes the opportunity and orders Brena to single out and destroy Skull 1, he kills Ozma and Alto swears revenge, he then finds out Brera is the VF-27 pilot and starts a massive showdown and when Alto is about to kill Brera somehow Agent G tells Alto he's Ranka real brother and he goes through a moral dilemma if he should cause more suffering to Ranka... hmmm...

by the way, those rating sucks...c'mon!, how could Code Geass be so far up, that show is getting horribly repetitive and predictible

by the way, those rating sucks...c'mon!, how could Code Geass be so far up, that show is getting horribly repetitive and predictible

Easy - it's on in the afternoon in Sunday, when a bunch of school age kids are at home and able to watch it. Compare to Macross F's timeslot - only those kids who have figured out how to set up the VCR/DVD-R/Bluray-R(?) to record it will be able to watch it. Most salary men are also asleep by the time it airs.

Ratings for last week

Frontier also comes out on Thursdays right? How come ratings for that aren't accounted for? :huh:

Because apparently a yaoi-bait sis-con Char-wannabe is more popular than a trap-hime who's into ersatz-yuri. :lol: Plus I hear that the last arc of CG had more than its fair amount of loli and fanservice. :ph34r:

Edited by d3v

Frontier also comes out on Thursdays right? How come ratings for that aren't accounted for? :huh:

The Kanto region's population as I understand, is denser than the Kansai region. Basically the Kanto region population is about double that of the Kansai area being closer to Tokyo. You may wish to ask the people living there though.

Opposite. The Kansai region (specifically Osaka Prefecture) has the highest population density of all of Japan.

Though you are correct in that the Kanto region has a larger total population, with the greater Tokyo area (including Chiba Prefecture, Saitama, Kanagawa, etc..) having the highest total population.

News updates:

1) I think its sheet music for "Don't be Late", right? :wacko: (coffee is wearing off...)

http://www.music8.com/products/products_de...M8__and__QH1111

2) Yahoo has opened up a fan club site "Frontier Magazine" for Frontier: http://macrossf.fc.yahoo.co.jp/

And this popped up on Animesuki:

http://animejapan4u.blogspot.com/2008/06/m...-and-novel.html

Michael is Zolan? Someone wanna get the novel and confirm that?

News updates:

1) I think its sheet music for "Don't be Late", right? :wacko: (coffee is wearing off...)

http://www.music8.com/products/products_de...M8__and__QH1111

That does look like sheet music, but it's not official. It's arranged by Toyawako Yamazato.

There's another sheet music that turned up, but it also looks unofficial:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4773228342/

Well that would explain the ears.

News updates:

Well that solves his problem with Klan seeing as he can safely be macronized. Only problem now is genetic compatibility, just like Zomeo and Zoliet (the radio drama playing all the time in Dynamite 7).

So Mihael has a pouch into which he can stuff contraband. :lol:

And I can't believe I'm giving some lucky Macrossworlder such an obvious set-up, but here goes...

*deep breath*

"If Michael is Zolan, then where's his one-eyed snake?"

There. It's all teed up for you. Now hit a homer.

And I can't believe I'm giving some lucky Macrossworlder such an obvious set-up, but here goes...

*deep breath*

Homer. Very appropriate.

*deep breath*

I wonder if he tells his ladies it's his "space whale..."

Probably not even a base hit, but meh. I saw some snippets of the novel on AS, but shouldn't his ears be like 6" further out on each side if he's Zolan?

I wonder if he tells his ladies it's his "space whale..."

Probably not even a base hit, but meh. I saw some snippets of the novel on AS, but shouldn't his ears be like 6" further out on each side if he's Zolan?

Yeah, they should...and he should have furrier arms, as well. And two-tone hair.

And if "Zomeo and Zoliet" is correct, he definitely couldn't be HALF-Zolan.

Yeah...I'm not buying it.