Macross Frontier Episode 8 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 8 rating  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 8 Rating

• Positive (Sheryl's panties! tee hee)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Sheryl's panties and Ranka's "magical bump" are REAL turnoffs)

I must say... The Carrot song was priceless. Man Ranka needs to get on American Idol or something singing jingles is no way to become famous.

:lol:

but.... u do like that song dont u?! :ph34r::lol:

ニンジーン loves you yeah! ^_^

My computers do in fact have names, and I am not ashamed of that. My parents old 5 year old Dell was named Hal (no there wasn't a lot of imagination put into it), so that prompted it's sister computer, my desktop, which is also a close to 5 year old Dell to be named Sal (since it was mirroring the other computer, it seems a little more imaginative). Hal is no longer active, it just got replaced by a new computer, but it was old anyway and had some problems. Sal is running in good condition surprisingly (now that I think about it that is oddly similar to the Hal and Sal of the Odyssey stories) and runs XP. I also have a relatively new laptop that runs Vista Home Premium that I named Vector Sigma after the Cybertronian mega computer that can grant life to Transformers through its connection to the Allspark. As far as I know my laptop cannot do that though. I sometimes call my laptop Vic though, which normally stands for Victor, my reasoning comes from that Victor and Vector sound similar. I don't usually name my TVs for whatever reason, but I named my Wii Jarvis inspired mostly by the AI in the 2008 Ironman movie which itself was inspired by Edwin Jarvis, Tony Starks butler in the original Ironman comics.

So Sheryl is enrolling as a pilot then, hmm, that's interesting... well I doubt she'll be flying valkyries at all in this series... that would be just too.... 7-ish.... but I suppose if it happened they could pull it off by making it more serious instead of sound force stuff which never made sense anyway since its impossible to have sound in a vacuum such as space (in the dome is something else entirely but still).

some scenes were pure....

I hate to call anything in this episode "pure"...

:p

On a more serious note,

I got a sense early on that "Carbuncle" (the resemblence also occurred to me when I first saw it in the mall) was following Ranka (except, of course, when it "escaped" from the laundry room...). Maybe Brera meeting her wasn't a coincidence? I'm wondering if Brera was using Carbuncle to locate Ranka?

So Sheryl is enrolling as a pilot then, hmm, that's interesting... well I doubt she'll be flying valkyries at all in this series... that would be just too.... 7-ish.... but I suppose if it happened they could pull it off by making it more serious instead of sound force stuff which never made sense anyway since its impossible to have sound in a vacuum such as space (in the dome is something else entirely but still).

I'm fairly certain she will end up piloting a valkryie at some point (probably by accident or sth) even if its just once

"This is Alto. He'll be your servant/slave/girlfriend for the day"

Actually that's the scene where one of Alto's fans says, "No!!! Not my Princess Alto!" in reference to Alto's promotion to Slave of Queen Sheryl status (I think it's the same girl as the one from episode 5 locker room scene) and Sheryl wonders, "Princess?"

Ok, as goofy as this episode was, I admit I enjoyed it, and laughed quite a bit. I'll have to wait for the sub to appreciate the meaning behind things, but the slapstick was rather entertaining. I was getting a pure looney tunes feel out of the whole wall smashing sequence, and couldn't help but imagine Daffy Duck going "OUCH!! OOOH!! OUCH OOOH!! OHHH!! OUCH OOF!" There was a lot of fan service to be sure, but I loved the reactions the characters had to each other, esp. Sheryl finding out Alto's nickname. Loved a lot of the facial expressions too... while not realistic, they just echoed the cartoony feel of the slapstick.

Btw, that was the best eyecatch EVER. I musta watched it about 5 times :lol:

Also.. after watching the preview, I'm not sure what "friendly fire" is supposed to mean...

did anyone catch enough of the bloody uniform to tell who it may be? I know everyone thinks Ozma's toast due to his Roy-ish ness... but wouldn't it screw with everyone's head if Cathy gets knocked off instead? I seriously hope this isn't the case... but I'm worried about the whole conspiracy thing going on here. I know the uniform was NUNS... and looked female.

:ph34r:

Edited by Chronocidal

On a more serious note,

I got a sense early on that "Carbuncle" (the resemblence also occurred to me when I first saw it in the mall) was following Ranka (except, of course, when it "escaped" from the laundry room...). Maybe Brera meeting her wasn't a coincidence? I'm wondering if Brera was using Carbuncle to locate Ranka?

So perhaps this 'Carbuncle' creature is analogous to the monkey in Raiders of the Lost Ark, in fact a spy working against our heroes and not actually just a simple cute animal.

Also.. after watching the preview, I'm not sure what "friendly fire" is supposed to mean...

did anyone catch enough of the bloody uniform to tell who it may be? I know everyone thinks Ozma's toast due to his Roy-ish ness... but wouldn't it screw with everyone's head if Cathy gets knocked off instead? I seriously hope this isn't the case... but I'm worried about the whole conspiracy thing going on here. I know the uniform was NUNS... and looked female.

Maybe Klan Klan, since she is supposed to be shot down next episode. I hope she survives.

I'm fairly certain she will end up piloting a valkryie at some point (probably by accident or sth) even if its just once

I'm suddenly having visions of a fire red VF-25 with sound booster with Sheryl shoudintg "Watashi no uta wo kike!"

WOW!!! Great episode, I LOVE IT!!!!! :D

I think that Carbuncle is actually a pet of Brera's as it follows Ranka and reveals itself to her when he does. *shrug* Just a guess.

:)

And be honest guys, you KNOW you name your computers because you LUUUUUUV them. :lol:

Watched without subs... i can see a VF-25 MAXL or VF-25 kai in the future...

I think that Carbuncle is actually a pet of Brera's as it follows Ranka and reveals itself to her when he does. *shrug* Just a guess.

could be, mylene also had a pet...

And be honest guys, you KNOW you name your computers because you LUUUUUUV them.

I like computers but never named none of them...

Edited by akt_m

I'm suddenly having visions of a fire red VF-25 with sound booster with Sheryl shoudintg "Watashi no uta wo kike!"

Truth, however on this episode we have:

Sheryl on an X-Gear shouting "Watashi no pantsu wa miteka"

And that's 12 hours. Spoiler notice is over.

And good catch by Egan.

-Mikhail Buran = Michael Blanc (you can see his name in the scene with Cathy and Ozma)

And "Mikhail" and "Michel" are both correct since that's the pronunciation in Russian and French, respectively. As to why they call him "Mikhail" or "Michel" escapes me.

Which makes me wonder if Luca's name should be spelled "Lucan" since his name sounds Italian.

about the preview to next week episode, it seems mostly aim at Mikhael, I think the bloody NUNS person has to be some family member of Mikhael that got killed and thats the gravestone his visiting...also, I think Alto will be the one doing the friendly fire and getting smacked for that

wow...nice reference there...

about the preview to next week episode, it seems mostly aim at Mikhael, I think the bloody NUNS person has to be some family member of Mikhael that got killed and thats the gravestone his visiting...also, I think Alto will be the one doing the friendly fire and getting smacked for that

oh, i thought Alto was on the receiving end of the incident, along with klan klan...(all started by michel)

The uniform looks like Cathy's

I would assume that is standard uniform for female NUNS officers, perhaps whoever Mikhale is visiting at that gravestone was in the military, and we were seeing a flashback or something. Just speculation of course.

Edited by Master Dex

So when they make the Macross Frontier game instead of something the PS2 Macross game we will get a dating simulator?

Maybe a dating flight simulator similar to how Sakura Taisen was a dating strategy?

The character art in this episode is about as good as I've seen it in this series. There definitely is a budget crunched Evangelion feel to this episode, though, lots of still shots, or moving shots over backgrounds.

Dude what are you smoking? :)

This episode was on par with some of the worse episodes. Whoever this agency is, they can't draw facial proportions or even fluid movement if their lives depended on it. The next episode's preview looks like a return to Episode 5 (Star Date's) animation quality which was much better.

Edited by ComicKaze

hi all, first time poster,

Just saw ep 8, I must say the episode's animationw asn't too terrible. I actually like the style of the drawing for the most part, but I do wish that they would keep it consistent.

Anyway looking forward to ep 9, where the action resumes. Humor has its place but macross should be about dogfight action and good music.

I would assume that is standard uniform for female NUNS officers, perhaps whoever Mikhale is visiting at that gravestone was in the military, and we were seeing a flashback or something. Just speculation of course.

It's likely the older sister we've heard about so much. I'm guessing she was in Nuns. It gets Mikhail angry and he hits Alto in training.

Actually that's the scene where one of Alto's fans says, "No!!! Not my Princess Alto!" in reference to Alto's promotion to Slave of Queen Sheryl status (I think it's the same girl as the one from episode 5 locker room scene) and Sheryl wonders, "Princess?"

Well I was just going by the picture for that quote, I haven't had a chance to see the ep yet since I'm not on my own PC at the moment where the ep is currently waiting for me. Looks like I'm beginning to sync to the goofy fun of the series.

It's likely the older sister we've heard about so much. I'm guessing she was in Nuns. It gets Mikhail angry and he hits Alto in training.

Isn't Mikhale's sister supposed to be alive, I thought it was said we were see her in the show.. unless that meant we see her in a flashback showing how she died... well I guess we'll find out in a week.

Regardless of the animation being good or poor, the episode has a lighter side that takes the tense feeling off from the previous one. It was a more playful episode for viewers to sit back and enjoy. I actually like it a lot since there are lots of elements in it that goes further into Alto, Sheryl and Ranka's character.

I assume that valk mounted on Mihoshi High School is Hikaru's VF-1S, since the original VF-1A got wrecked pretty badly after saving Minmay.

It would be weird if Sheryl turns out to be the ace pilot in this series. Ozma gets killed in a pineapple salad episode and Sheryl becomes Skull Leader. Take that Alto Hime! :lol:

I really liked this episode. The animation looked alot better most of the time than last episode's preview showed. <_< Very cute and had funny scenes. I especially loved Ranka singing with the carrot on her head! :lol: Can't wait for the subs! :rolleyes:

Episode made me face/palm myself alot, which was good because each time I was smiling. I'm just odd...

Somehow the breakbeat that kicked in once the carbuncle ran off with Sheryl's panties just set the scene perfectly.

Now to wait for the sub to get the parts that didn't make sense. I kind of like how Sheryl is developing overall though, panty chase and all. Something big is brewing between Ranka and Brera, I can feel it.

I think it's kind of early to kill anyone off yet, but my vote for most expendable character goes to Grace, aside from the cool graphics they do for her.

Maybe a dating flight simulator similar to how Sakura Taisen was a dating strategy?

I prefer Galaxy Angel like dating sims, with VF-25s replacing the Angel frames. ^_^