Macross Frontier Episode 8 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 8 rating  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 8 Rating

• Positive (Sheryl's panties! tee hee)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Sheryl's panties and Ranka's "magical bump" are REAL turnoffs)

Great, I can just imagine the nitpickers talking about nothing but the animation quality this week. <_< *sigh*

YAY!!! Chibi-Klan looks good in the next episode!! :D

I don't think u have to nitpick anything to talk about the quality this week. :rolleyes:

Well i can't wait to see the fanboys defend the show and say how great the animation in this week's episode was and how its comparable to other anime so its ok to be bad. B))

This going to be a long week of complaining about quality. Yes it was no ep 7 but come on people they are keeping the money in our mecha pr0n. So long as the story is still up to snuff I can forgive a dip in animation.

Story? You mean this episode of chasing panties around the school has a story that is up to snuff? :lol:

Well, I say again. Every TV show that's ever made is about content and story, not how pretty it looks. That's more important to me than how well something is animated. But enough of that. ^_^

I see that the "content and story" you like are:

Sheryl running around the school going commando chasing her panties.

Ranka and Nanase covered in egg white..... :blink:

Badly drawn shower scenes (i can't forgive badly drawn shower scenes!!) :angry:

Lets face it. This episode is filler....and not exactly a very good one either. It felt like they were trying too hard for the fanservice and the obvious anime innuendos of some scenes were pure.... :blink: The only thing that moved the plot along was

the appearance of Brera and information received from the Dulfim which I couldn't catch.

Won't be online for the next 2 days so you guys have fun discussing the awesomely deep and meaningful plot of ep 8 and grow the thread another 30 pages. ^_^

*catches flight*

Edited by wolfx

Lets face it. This episode is filler....and not exactly a very good one either. It felt like they were trying too hard for the fanservice and the obvious anime innuendos of some scenes were pure.... :blink: The only thing that moved the plot along was

the appearance of Brera and information received from the Dulfim which I couldn't catch.

Won't be online for the next 2 days so you guys have fun discussing the awesomely deep and meaningful plot of ep 8 and grow the thread another 30 pages. ^_^

*catches flight*

:lol: Mr. x-sama, I have not SEEN the episode yet. I was merely talking about the series as a whole. ^_^

*catches flight*

That... sounds... absolutely awesome.

...ratings are going to SKYROCKET this week.

edit: Why oh why does 2525 JST have to be 0925 PDT? I'm going to have to come into work late next week.

Edited by stray

(Sigh)

Still hitting f5 like a rabid squirrel hopped up on a case of redbull on my rss feeds ... no sighting of that raw yet ...

Ah ok, so it's not out yet. The first post stated that "Raw: Available", so I spent the past 30 minutes going over the sites trying to find it :lol:

Ah ok, so it's not out yet. The first post stated that "Raw: Available", so I spent the past 30 minutes going over the sites trying to find it :lol:

I am in the same situation, should it be Raw: not available? ^_^

For those that have seen it: -

1) Any mecha Pr0n at all, even just a teensy flyby shot of a VF-25 or VF-171?

2) is it animated by the same Philippine studio that did ep 6?

Graham

1) No

Unless you consider pantyless Sheryl in an X-gear as mecha PrOn

2) yes

The art is too consistent to be from the Manila studio. I'll check the credit, buts I don't believe its the same studio. Too early to judge on animation, but the art looks like what we are used to.

The character art in this episode is about as good as I've seen it in this series. There definitely is a budget crunched Evangelion feel to this episode, though, lots of still shots, or moving shots over backgrounds.

The character art in this episode is about as good as I've seen it in this series. There definitely is a budget crunched Evangelion feel to this episode, though, lots of still shots, or moving shots over backgrounds.

I may be nostalgic for mid-90s anime, but I seem to remember some pretty funny scenes from Evangelion that were just audio over a background pan shot.

Man Eva did a lot of cheating in the art department to save on animation cells. Especially towards the latter part.

Shinji's dad talking perched on his desk with his hands covering his mouth motionless afforded them well over 10 mins worth of animation :D :D :D

I'd say the episode is very well directed, the 2D art looks fantastic, and once we have subs, I'm sure it'll prove to be quite amusing. It is, however, a little light on the cell count. But this is NOT a product of the Manila studio.

Yeah it wasn't my favorite episode plot-wise, I think the animation looked so bad because I was watching it on keyhole, maybe it's better in it's HD raw form. I'll download it anyway though, then I can apply the gattai .ass file when it comes out, and it's still part of the show, so I'll even get the Shinsen sub when that comes (which will probably be a while from now, but they can take all the time they need for subbing of that quality).

Yeah it wasn't my favorite episode plot-wise, I think the animation looked so bad because I was watching it on keyhole, maybe it's better in it's HD raw form. I'll download it anyway though, then I can apply the gattai .ass file when it comes out, and it's still part of the show, so I'll even get the Shinsen sub when that comes (which will probably be a while from now, but they can take all the time they need for subbing of that quality).

flv file is not bad, either (for those of you who are eager to see the episode).

Animation isn't bad at all, design is good too and I found the episode funny, with some nice character interactions (

see Ozama and Chaterine + Leon and Alto+Sheryl

). Subs will never get out too soon :)

By the way:

1)

Direct Macross 0 reference during the intro. Wow! Aiphos!

2)

the nice VF1 that sits on the school's top is not only in DYRL Hikaru colours as mentioned before, but we now know for sure that it's a VF1A. And by the way, have you noticed how the camera never shows the fuselage or the wings, where the old UN kite should be? No UN SPACY written on the legs either :

)?

3) the eyecatch is fantastic!

I like the slow pace after last week fireworks. And next week we're gonna see some more action, as it seems.

Edited by Nexx Stalker

- Ranka signing "Ninjiin Loves you yeah!" at the Folmo mall, Zentradi don't seem impressed though

:(

- Ranka grabs Nanase's hand which makes Nanase blush, yes i support this pairing!

- Sheryl arrives at Mihoshi Academy nearly running over dozens of students to make her entrance.

- Ozma flusters Cathy way too easily lol after walking in on a video call between her and Leon

- Luca's imagination is over the top lol

- Sheryl, "Hime?" *entire gang points at Alto* Poor Alto now Sheryl knows his nickname lol

- Sheryl wants to play with Ex-Gear, obviously can't master the finer touches of it just yet, she gets egg on her face along with Ranka and Nanase which leads into..

- Shower scene fart yeah! 10/10 episode!

- Varja eyecatch! Can't take them seriously anymore!

- Sheryl's panties stolen, Sheryl runs around in commando, Sheryl jacks Luca's ex-gear and causes mass destruction around the school.

- No idea what the manager said but this scene seems to once again show the distance between Sheryl and Ranka.

- Alto saves Sheryl to the tune of the Pirates of the Carribean esque bgm, want ost now!

- While singing Aimo, Brera joins in on his harmonica and shows himself to Ranka.

- Sheryl joins Mihoshi Academy signing up for a pilot course to Alto's shock! So when's Brera going to sign up?

Fun episode though I think I'll wait to the subs before giving it a rating since I want to know what was said in a few scenes.

Man, this episode is pretty bad. lol The consistency of the characters is all over the place and while it's not jarringly bad, the way they draw the characters is just so unlike the first 7 eps a lot of the time. It wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for the fact the show's style has been set and the way this looks just doesn't jive with the prior ones.

The drawing is forgivable because it'll probably get fixed for the DVD release, but man, the content of this episode. =x Total filler, stupid hijinks, and not much to advanced the plot beyond the last bit. Did Satelight really have to do this ep to transition between things. :ph34r:

Love the eyecatch! Lol at Luca for crying over his X gear getting egg on it, getting X gear jacked and Sheryl wrecking it. Almost forgot, Ranka looked soo cute in her little carrot!

This ep was alot better than I thought it would be ^_^

Edited by Necron_99

There's nothing here. There's nothing here.There's nothing here.There's nothing here.There's nothing here.There's nothing here.There's nothing here.There's nothing here.There's nothing here.There's nothing here.There's nothing here.There's nothing here.There's nothing here.There's nothing here.There's nothing here.There's nothing here.There's nothing here.There's nothing here.There's nothing here.There's nothing here.There's nothing here.

Well we already knew about the animation from the preview from last episode.

Can't wait for the subs.

Man, this episode is pretty bad. lol The consistency of the characters is all over the place and while it's not jarringly bad, the way they draw the characters is just so unlike the first 7 eps a lot of the time.

You need to watch this episode again, because you couldn't be more wrong. Cell count is low, but art quality is high. As I said before, this may be the best the character art has looked yet.

This sucks...since I've been working 9 to 5 on Thursdays, usually I have a plethora of Frontier choices to download when I get home. This week...there are two. And one of them's an flv, so it doesn't count.

How's the avi? Better than last week's first avi version...?

animation done by another group named 'drop' (different from ep 6)

The opening brief introduction of Protoculture talks about how technologically advanced the PCs were but yet they still were not eternal and declined under their own fighting, mankind who talks about peace and culture... are our wishes accomplished? [is this suggesting civil war? vf-25 vs vf-27...? :)]

we see zentradi kids (again).... yup i guess they do it the old way :)

Ranka's zentradi colleague, who's also selling the carrots, is likely the same person in Ep 5 who was singing the "宇宙兄弟船" (lit "Space brother ship" :lol:) - 徳川一郎 Tokugawa Ichiro

and looks like Ranka gets another fan / pet.

as for M-Galaxy, Dulfim dunno about its location now. [ah ha... just like i guessed, they have to keep the suspense] we dont see other ships from M-Galaxy...

Alto becomes Sheryl's slave :lol:

looks like he did lose that earring...

and seems like Luca likes to give names to his machines... Samsung??!