Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

Newtype May Issue

Q-NT

A-SK

Q:ランカの髪の毛が動くのはなぜ?

A:ランカ・リーはゼントラーディと地球人のクォーターなんです。ゼントラーディの中には頭の一部が動くタイプや髪の毛をアンテナ状に動かせるタイプもいて、ランカはその遺伝子を受け継いでいるのでしょう

I have a question, Zentradi's hair can move in early Macross Series???

Which? I think I never seen it.

I'm beginning to think ALL of them could in DYRL...but it got annoying, so they just shaved their heads. :D

Seriously...no, we've never seen this before.

Edited by Gubaba

Menclave (which is co-doing Macross Frontier) usually release a SD version a day or so after the HD release. Indeed according to their website a SD XviD version is upcoming. They tend to do a good work.

That besing I must say of all the four fansubs I definitly like the AiA versions better if only because they're the only ones who does translations of the songs with lyrics that actually make SENSE. The other versions (mistake assides) tend to be a bit too literal for my taste - AiA's translations seems like it really is ADAPTED and not just translated, which means the dialogues tends to flow much better IMO.

-Sergorn

You must have some really ancient rig. I'm using an IBM Netvista P4 that I got in '05 and it can manage to play all the releases. The only one's I can't play as is are the Zero-Raws which I overcome by re-encoding and downscaling. Maybe all you need is a good reformat or some proper codecs. h.264 is pretty much getting standard in video encoding so you're gonna have to adjust to the times.

Edited by Holocause

The name is Sheryl Norm.

Norm or Nome????

= =

I hide it. You can click the link to view it.

could be a case of the engrish.

"Nome" was spelled the same in japanese in both the official Frontier Sheryl character-page and Zero's dvd liner-page for Mao and Sara (see pic-attachment*).

* - scanner's broke, so camera-snapshot of it only. ^_^;

post-263-1208674660_thumb.jpg

Edited by treatment

So let me get this straight, if we have a TV show with a franchise tag to it and we get, let's say, a Lopez as a last name in the first one, and then suddenly a few shows later, we get another Lopez, do we start saying "OMIGOD! RELATION!" right away without any proof outside of last name spelling?

Until I see hard proof, Sheryl Nome, and any Mao or Sara Nome of Macross Zero are totally unrelated to eachother....you can have a million lopez, but that doesn't mean they're related.

So let me get this straight, if we have a TV show with a franchise tag to it and we get, let's say, a Lopez as a last name in the first one, and then suddenly a few shows later, we get another Lopez, do we start saying "OMIGOD! RELATION!" right away without any proof outside of last name spelling?

If you get a spin-off to some series where a new character got the same last name that another main character from the previous series - most often the will have some sort of relation, even if a distant one.

In any it's pretty obvious Sheryl sharing the same name as Sarah and Mao can't be a coincidence - wethere Kawamori just put it there as a nod to Macross Zero or there is deeper connexion is yet to be seen. But considering all the possible connection there could be between frontiern and Zero it's hard not to think this is a possibilité

-Sergorn

If you get a spin-off to some series where a new character got the same last name that another main character from the previous series - most often the will have some sort of relation, even if a distant one.

In any it's pretty obvious Sheryl sharing the same name as Sarah and Mao can't be a coincidence - wethere Kawamori just put it there as a nod to Macross Zero or there is deeper connexion is yet to be seen. But considering all the possible connection there could be between frontiern and Zero it's hard not to think this is a possibilité

-Sergorn

Indeed.

And it would be one thing if this was just some bit character with the name of Nome (say, one of the other pilots in the series, or someone's assistant, or whatever), but this is a major character in the new show who is also a singer, and shares the same last name as the Nomes from Macross Zero. It's hard not to expect there to be some connection (whether it is explicitly spelled out, and whether she actually has the same DNA/etc. is another matter).

-Elektrix

Indeed.

And it would be one thing if this was just some bit character with the name of Nome (say, one of the other pilots in the series, or someone's assistant, or whatever), but this is a major character in the new show who is also a singer, and shares the same last name as the Nomes from Macross Zero. It's hard not to expect there to be some connection (whether it is explicitly spelled out, and whether she actually has the same DNA/etc. is another matter).

-Elektrix

Didn't we already go through this with Edgar LaSalle...?

Didn't we already go through this with Edgar LaSalle...?

Wouldn't surprise me, although either way, clearly Edgar wasn't as major a character as Sheryl is, and any relationship between him and Claudia (I don't recall, did anyone ever definitively conclude whether it meant anything) would really not matter beyond just being sort of an interesting coincidence.

A connection between Sheryl and Sara/Mao would clearly be more significant.

-Elektrix

Indeed.

-Elektrix

on the assumption that Mao and Sheryl are related, it puts to rest that the survivors from the Island did moved to South Atara Island and to the SDF-1.

and here's more beer cans for the stew. having seen the OP for the series now, does this mean that DYRL is the official continuity now for the frantise? Macross always had the ARMD's (or rather liked up with surviving ships post DRYL-Game?) and never had the promethous/Dandalos, Badoza's ship always looked like a 'Bloomin Onion!' and not a large painfully passed object?

kinda like when ST: The Slowtion Picture came out, the Klingons always had forheads.... until Trials & Tribbulations, of course ^_^

cause i really hate Robowrech in all it's glory afterall, but do we really want them to keep it? hells, their SDF-3 doesn't even transform!!! <_<

Until someone shows me definite proof otherwise, I will assume that SK has made Sheryl Nome a relative of Sara and Mao. I also will think that with Edgar and Claudia La Salle. I mean why reuse names like that over unless you trying to make a connection?

By the way...I don't know how reliable a source of information Japanese Wikipedia is, but according to the Macross F entry, Ranka's cell phone is called "Keitai-kun" ("Keitai Denwa" is Japanese for "Cell Phone," although "Keitai" literally means a belt sash), and it's a robot.

So I guess it feels no pain...thank goodness.

Wouldn't surprise me, although either way, clearly Edgar wasn't as major a character as Sheryl is, and any relationship between him and Claudia (I don't recall, did anyone ever definitively conclude whether it meant anything) would really not matter beyond just being sort of an interesting coincidence.

A connection between Sheryl and Sara/Mao would clearly be more significant.

-Elektrix

There is a 50/50 chance the LaSalle's will come up in the Encyclopedia, however considering how "implications" are very important in Japanese culture, I strongly suspect the Nome name did come from Mao. There are too many coincidences that would lead one not to believe otherwise.

However, I am getting a strong sense of a bit of political drama is brewing in this series, since it is a genre that Kawamori has yet to exploer in his career and well he does like to make each Macross series vary by genre, I suspect to keep them distinct from each other.

We will have to see... B))

Edited by Zinjo

There is a 50/50 chance the LaSalle's will come up in the Encyclopedia, however considering how "implications" are very important in Japanese culture, I strongly suspect the Nome name did come from Mao. There are too many coincidences that would lead one not to believe otherwise.

However, I am getting a strong sense of a bit of political drama is brewing in this series, since it is a genre that Kawamori has yet to exploer in his career and well he does like to make each Macross series vary by genre, I suspect to keep them distinct from each other.

We will have to see... B))

Yeah, I'm starting to get that feeling too. We're all thinking, "ooooh, mysterious aliens!", and they may not be that mysterious after all. Or alien.

I hope its a 50 Ep series. 26 eps, only half a year's worth of Macross, then we're gonna have to wait another 25 years for something like this to happen again. I might not be alive anymore for that.

Anyway I'm savoring everytime a new episode comes along

I hope its a 50 Ep series. 26 eps, only half a year's worth of Macross, then we're gonna have to wait another 25 years for something like this to happen again. I might not be alive anymore for that.

It really depends on how well it does. So far there hasn't been much talk of a second season, but that's a bit early to tell.

Hmm........., I forget was it confirmed that the total number of discs to be released is 9?

If so, it looks like it is going to be a 26 episode show as previously rumored.

Graham

It wouldn't surprise me if they "plan" for 2 seasons, but won't actually announce it until they are sure the ratings will pay for it...

3 episodes is not enough to base a trend on, unless you are FOX.... :rolleyes:<_<

According to the blog, the June edition of Newtype (on shelves May 10, hey ain't that the one where the naming contest winner is announced...:D ), it's gonna be a very big article on Macross F. 11 pages of article if I'm reading that right.

なんと!

5/10発売のNewtype6月号では、さらに「マクロスF」を大プッシュ!

で巻頭特集4ページ+設定資料7ページの合計11ページで展開しちゃいます。

特集は「あの子とあの子、どっちを選ぶ?」的な、アルトになった気分で迷っちゃえる内容です。

乞うご期待。

設定資料では、キャラ・メカについてまたもや!河森正治総監督にコメントしていただきました!

本編もますます盛り上がり、個人的にはルカの何気にゆかいな動作に注目しております。

by 38

According to the blog, the June edition of Newtype (on shelves May 10, hey ain't that the one where the naming contest winner is announced...:D ), it's gonna be a very big article on Macross F. 11 pages of article if I'm reading that right.

Hmm, I think they will also release several character and mechanical data, Ranka phone number? ^_^

Macross Chronicle will be published in June I think, what interest me is that they listed Macross II on one of its volume. I'll try to buy them when I got permission from my wallet B))

Hmm, I think they will also release several character and mechanical data, Ranka phone number? ^_^

Macross Chronicle will be published in June I think, what interest me is that they listed Macross II on one of its volume. I'll try to buy them when I got permission from my wallet B))

I would hope so, Kawamori spends so much time "referencing it", LOL.

^_^

If BW and Bandai are behind the publishing, guaranteed Mac II will be in it. Bandai owns the merch rights and BW considers it part of the franchise...

Hmm........., I forget was it confirmed that the total number of discs to be released is 9?

If so, it looks like it is going to be a 26 episode show as previously rumored.

Graham

yep, in Bandai's press release for the DVD and Blu-ray it says 9 discs total :)

BTW, Triangler is already available online ! ... in .wv format :huh: