Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

yep, in Bandai's press release for the DVD and Blu-ray it says 9 discs total :)

BTW, Triangler is already available online ! ... in .wv format :huh:

And I already have the mp3 rips all the songs in the single. Where did people get the cd?! I thought the release was tomorrow.

Anyway, my most anticipated songs are Diamond Crevasse and Aimo. The wait is killing me :p

And I already have the mp3 rips all the songs in the single. Where did people get the cd?! I thought the release was tomorrow.

Anyway, my most anticipated songs are Diamond Crevasse and Aimo. The wait is killing me :p

NO, JPN already released it.

akiba20080422_1127.jpg

akiba20080422_1210.jpg

and.... some grapevines...

・「ミスター・ビルラー」の正体はアルトの父親

・アルトの父親は元エースパイロット

・敵の正体は「監察軍」

・ギャラクシー船団は全滅する

・最終決戦は近隣の船団が大集結する。

The last item is heartquake!!!

p.s.

ミスター・ビルラー(Mister Billa) is a mystery character who president twice mention person.

^^

Edited by kresphy

・「ミスター・ビルラー」の正体はアルトの父親

・アルトの父親は元エースパイロット

・敵の正体は「監察軍」

・ギャラクシー船団は全滅する

・最終決戦は近隣の船団が大集結する。

I'm assuming this is all rumor and guesswork by fans, nothing official?

and here's more beer cans for the stew. having seen the OP for the series now, does this mean that DYRL is the official continuity now for the frantise? Macross always had the ARMD's (or rather liked up with surviving ships post DRYL-Game?) and never had the promethous/Dandalos, Badoza's ship always looked like a 'Bloomin Onion!' and not a large painfully passed object?

The word is that SDF is the actual history whereas DYRL is the visual history. So everything happend like in the series but it was supposed to look like the movie. DAMN YOU BUDGETTTTTSSSS!!!

Be mildly annoyed, Gubaba: the .rar is full of .wvs.

EDIT: oddly, the non-vocal full version of the OP works better than the vocal version after about 3m in...and why do I think the same thing will happen with Don't Be Late and Diamond Crevasse?

Edited by Bill C.

Is someone nice enough to translate for us poor japanese-impaired people? ^_^

Well, what I get from it is the picture of the guy on the building was Alto's father, and he was originally an ace pilot. The bad guys in the show are from the Supervision Army. The Varja smoke the Galaxy fleet (actually, this happened in the manga). And the last bit is something about a large scale battle (refering to the Galaxy, I think).

Edited by Duke Togo

Technically it is tomorrow in Japan....

Well, what I get from it is the picture of the guy on the building was Alto's father, and he was originally an ace pilot. The bad guys in the show are from the Supervision Army. The Varja smoke the Galaxy fleet (actually, this happened in the manga). And the last bit is something about a large scale battle (refering to the Galaxy, I think).

Well its as good a speculation as any other...

B))

Edited by Zinjo

Given that (manga spoiler)

if the story follows closely to the manga, the VF-1 is supposed to appear,

wouldn't it be an ultimate homage if, say in the penultimate battle scene, valks from across Macross history appear in a desperate last ditch battle?

Just imagine, VF-1s, VF-4s, VF-11s, VF-19s, VF-22s and everything else, flying in formation in a final assault!

Ah, I can dream, can't it? :)

If you get a spin-off to some series where a new character got the same last name that another main character from the previous series - most often the will have some sort of relation, even if a distant one.

That's not completely true. For instance, we have a Roy Fokker and we have an Aegis Fokker, and I believe it was shown that based on the time span those two were nothing in common but last name. It's like running into a Mike Smith and a Bill Smith...same last name but nothing else similar.

Like there are others in the US that share the same last name as myself (which is kind of a surprise) and I have no relation to them what so ever.

Not too mention if Sheryl had any relation to Mao or Sara, that would make her like a grandchild of either or...and seeing how it was more then likely that Mao was killed when the Zentradie attacked, I'd say, just common name. Hell for all we know, Sheryl Nome might not be her real name.

Also, based on what she wrote on her hotel mirror, I doubt she would be of Mayan Linage...I couldn't make it all out, but it almost seemed french or something.

Edited by Hikuro

Given that (manga spoiler)

if the story follows closely to the manga, the VF-1 is supposed to appear,

wouldn't it be an ultimate homage if, say in the penultimate battle scene, valks from across Macross history appear in a desperate last ditch battle?

Just imagine, VF-1s, VF-4s, VF-11s, VF-19s, VF-22s and everything else, flying in formation in a final assault!

No ;)

...wouldn't it be an ultimate homage if, say in the penultimate battle scene, valks from across Macross history appear in a desperate last ditch battle?

Get "Another Century 3" PS2 game, that should satisfy much of your perverted longings... :p

Edited by Zinjo

[...]

Also, based on what she wrote on her hotel mirror, I doubt she would be of Mayan Linage...I couldn't make it all out, but it almost seemed french or something.

French it was, indeed

It's french. But the Mayan sacred song in Macross Zero was in french too...

-Sergorn

-Sergorn

Yup, the lipstick writing on the mirror telling Grace that Sheryl was gonna go out and be back soon is indeed in French. Looking at Macross Zero, Sara's song that levitates rocks and stuff is in French too. Hmm... maybe there is a connection between Sara & Mao Nome and Sheryl Nome. Hopefully it goes beyond just the surnames and the little french tidbits.

Right, but I don't think the people of Mayan are french. If they were, that honestly would be messed up. Another speculation is that could be just a song Sara enjoys that calms her down or something, I don't know.

I say, Liner notes.....when those come out, maybe we'll know.

The Mayan's could have been colonized by or done trade with the French like any of hundred of colonies the Europeans had around the world. Not necessarily cause you speak one language means you are from the country the language is original from.

Some nation must have been doing trade or work with the Mayans before the arrival of Shin as we see they had a gas electric generator station and a tv.