Macross Frontier Episode 2 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 2: "Hard Chase"  

174 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Yeh! Alto got a girl in the cockpit! (Positive)
    • Meh (neutral/No opinion)
    • I can get a girl in my cockpit better (Negative)

I don't know about you guys but I find all of these Spoiler tags annoying.

Hey, I'm giving the kids who want to read the thread without being spoiled 24 hours to look around. After that, it's their fault for reading our spoilers.

When was the last time

Skull One was mentioned in a Macross series?

It sure was nice hearing someone say it nearly 25 years later.

<_< i guess you are not counting Macross Zero?

Wow, what a fantastic second episode.

Whatever faults there may have been with the broadcast version of episode # 1 (and to be honest they were relatively minor faults with pacing and editing), Kawamori and co have thoroughly redeemed themselves with episode # 2.

It definitely seems to be following the manga fairly closely so far.

Graham

I hope the 11 guests that're viewing this thread create their own accounts. ;)

I'm one, I always get logged out. Dunno why.

Anyway, great episode.

Someone mentioned a PPB combat knife.. Yeah, it was glowing, but how do we know this was Pinpoint barrier energy? Just asking if that was just a rumour or if there was something I missed. Also, yeah, like Sketchley I also don't remember seeing that ad for Nyan-nyan on the screen that Ozma is watching. I wonder what scene that was in. Have to see it again.

Looking forward to next week! FINALLY! SOMETHING WORTHWHILE WATCHING ON JAPANESE TV!!

Could be some Engrish there <_< .

So far they've been pretty good about their English, but let's not forget the first episode, on the concert brodcast where it said "Frontire Music Channel."

I loled at that.

Oh, come on! It's FUN! My favorite part was when Alto

grabb

ed Ranka in the

city

with a

Gerwalk hand

!

:lol:

Edited by Product9

When Ozma dodged a blast by going from battroid into gerwalk, that was awesome! When he followed it up with a full frontal of missiles, I started shouting: "HELL YEAH!"

:D

Also started laughing when Ozma slugged Alto in the face. It was refreshing that he wasn't given a valkyrie.

When Ozma dodged a blast by going from battroid into gerwalk, that was awesome! When he followed it up with a full frontal of missiles, I started shouting: "HELL YEAH!"

:D

Also started laughing when Ozma slugged Alto in the face. It was refreshing that he wasn't given a valkyrie.

I'll start working on a gif of the Ozma punch.

VALKYRIE.

NOT YOURS.

^_^

An old commercial comes to mind....the one where there's a woman standing in front of the window of a shop early in the morning going "O-pen, o-pen, o-pen...."

And here I'm going "fi-nish, fi-nish, fi-nish..." (only it just doesn't have the same ring to it ;) )

26.7%.....Good grief....

Anyone else hoping some U.N. Spacy pilots become secondary characters?

I hope it isn't all S.M.S based because it'd make for some great stories.

One of the magazines did list the name of the commander of the VF-171 force, but I forget what it was. IIRC though it may have been a girl.

Should be able to find it by digging back through the news thread.

Graham

One of the magazines did list the name of the commander of the VF-171 force, but I forget what it was. IIRC though it may have been a girl.

Should be able to find it by digging back through the news thread.

Graham

Isnt she in the manga ch 1? I believe it listed her name there. She reminds me of the girl in the opening sequence in blue that appears around the Battle 25 at 2:18 on episode 2 in the opening sequence. At least i hope its a woman as if its a guy Alto has competition for the Hime title. Her chest appears flat but it could be the clothes or i hope anyway cause that being has alot of feminine looks.

EDIT found it ackem translated her name as Ariela.

Edited by Sorata

Thanks for posting that i completely forgot to look for it. Should have know it would fall off in there instead of staying stuck to his suit. Oh did anyone else see the animation error.

The arms of the VF-25 are both shot off yet after he rescues Ranka from the Vaccum the VF-25 has its left arm back as they fly over the city after that.

Edited by Sorata

Nice finding on the earring! :o Didn't notice last night.

@grss1982: Most surely a family thing, which will most surely be related to Mao Nome.

And also, very good catch on the detail that Mao was injected with APHOS blood just before its awakening. That could explain why the military are examining blood of those that were close to the Vajra. They suspect the Varja follow some one related to the PC/mayan somehow. I had totally forgotten about it.

So, from this point of view, we have a close relation of the Vajra with both SDFM and M0. Ranka's had 2 encounters with Vajra. Too many for just luck. So, on one, the Varja follow PC remanants, Sheryl being the target here. Ranka seems to be somewhat Zentraedi, so there may also be something there. And the Vajra react to music in general, and particularly to Ranka's feelings? A nice soup for a good twisting story. :)

If Sheryl is on the Frontier totally by accident, it'll be the biggest coincidence in space since we found out Anakin build C3-PO. I find it hard to believe that the powers that be somehow forgot the name Nome and its significance after 50 years.

So, we've pretty much concluded that Macross Frontier has the most direct ties to Macross Zero, APHOS, and the "Nome Inheritance" (sic). I sense some serious fun happening here, starting with me re-watching Macross Zero start to finish and picking apart every detail. :)

Shin, where art thou?

Mark

If Sheryl is on the Frontier totally by accident, it'll be the biggest coincidence in space since we found out Anakin build C3-PO. I find it hard to believe that the powers that be somehow forgot the name Nome and its significance after 50 years.

Well the Mayan incident had only been declassified for at most, 11 years. So it does bring up some interesting plot development speculations...

Edited by Zinjo