Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Plastic Models

Graham

Are the feet/afterburners molded in Red or Black? Hope black.

For a quick build she doesn't look too bad.

Black, I'm sure. At this stage it's to be expected that some of the preview shots will be molded in the wrong color. Bandai being Bandai I'm sure the final kit will be in proper colors - and this kit is going to include decals and stickers that will probably handle most of the detail coloring as well...

Thanks Graham! I think I might buy one after all!

If this is poly-capless, all is not lost. I have some of the Kotobukiya joints and they are nice. Like styrene, there are different grades/densities of ABS they can use. If the joint gets loose, a little CA will tighten it up.

This looks way better than the prototypes we saw. Time some people to get some salt and eat some words :lol: - MT

Edited by MechTech

Was the actual height (in CM) of the 1/72 vf-25 ever mentioned? I've been looking through the thread but havn't found it yet. i may just have missed it.

haha.. okie.. we all make mistakes, so to correct my english..

I like the model kit version more then the DX version.

Hahaha.. okie.. that's it here..

ANyways for the model kit version i seen more details then DX version, and the outlook sort of reminds me of yamato prototype valks.

but i still think letting bandai making the Valks is a good choice =)

New pics from the latest issue of Dengeki Hobby Magazine (October 2008 issue).

Note the feet are a different color (use of incorrect color plastics is common on test shots).

Also, note the neck seems to be extended more than in the Hobby Japan photos.

Graham

*Puts that into his Definitely Buy List*

Hot damn. :D

In my personal opinion, I think that it will be really interesting to see the kit from Bandai. I have built many (and by that, I mean MANY) gundam kits from Bandai and they have not been disappointing. I've built some MG kits from the early releases (such as Gundam from 08th MS TEAM tv series) to my most recent kit, the Destiny Gundam. Quite frankly, I'd give Bandai credit where its due because throughout the years, I've seen Bandai make numerous new improvements to their kits. These improvements can range from areas like better materials to a complete redesign on articulation points and etc. Also, I think there is no company better to make transformable scale models as I think Bandai really got things right (finally if I might add...) with the ver 2.0 Zeta Gundam.

There are some areas that I will gladfully complain from the gundam series (ie: gundam 00) that have the new polycap-less joints. I think those are terrible and I do hope that Bandai will not go in that direction on the VF-25. Based on the pictures I've seen here, I think Bandai will have a winner (at least for me).

By the way, I really hope also that Bandai will make the VF-25 equally detailed on the interior as well as the exterior. As far as my opinion for this kit goes..... me likey......

Definitely looking better. Much better.

I'm a bit mystified as to the design process they go through, though... I mean, this doesn't seem to share much with the first prototypes, besides the basic transformation; I'm almost at a loss to see how the earlier iterations would really contribute much to the development overall, aside from finding out just what people will scream and yell about.... :p

~Luke

Hmm, i see double jointed elbows... I wonder if it will also have double jointed knees?

Definitely looking better. Much better.

I'm a bit mystified as to the design process they go through, though... I mean, this doesn't seem to share much with the first prototypes, besides the basic transformation; I'm almost at a loss to see how the earlier iterations would really contribute much to the development overall, aside from finding out just what people will scream and yell about.... :p

~Luke

Bandai has been doing that for years with the Gundam fans, I think it's their business secret.

Or they intentionally produce horrible prototypes that will have everyone screaming & yelling, and when the final product is released, everybody goes "Oh that looks so much better than the prototype..." instead of "WHAT?!! Did they even look at the lineart?"

Bandai has been doing that for years with the Gundam fans, I think it's their business secret.

Or they intentionally produce horrible prototypes that will have everyone screaming & yelling, and when the final product is released, everybody goes "Oh that looks so much better than the prototype..." instead of "WHAT?!! Did they even look at the lineart?"

I will pop by Bandai USA HQ which happens to be about 3 miles from my house...

Did anyone else notice the gun splits apart to reveal what I think is some kind of beam weapon barrel?

Question:

This pic (lower-left) seems to be a physical model, but it says "CG"----and it's PERFECT. Is that actually a rendering, or is it a prototype Bandai made that perfectly matches the CG just to show what it "should" look like but can't be made into an actual transforming toy/model?

Question:

This pic (lower-left) seems to be a physical model, but it says "CG"----and it's PERFECT. Is that actually a rendering, or is it a prototype Bandai made that perfectly matches the CG just to show what it "should" look like but can't be made into an actual transforming toy/model?

I think thats a pic of the kit they rapid prototyped using the actual 3D CG model used in the anime. And to the right, the standard bandai interpretation. :wacko:

Edited by Busted VF1A

I think thats a pic of the kit they rapid prototyped using the actual 3D CG model used in the anime.

That's exactly what it is. Keeping in mind that this rapid prototype model does not transform. According to the blurb, that prototype was used as the base to work from.

Edited by Vifam7

I will pop by Bandai USA HQ which happens to be about 3 miles from my house...

Did anyone else notice the gun splits apart to reveal what I think is some kind of beam weapon barrel?

Yea, I noticed it as well. However, so far in the animation, I don't see any use of the gunpod splitting open except making Ozma look really cool in his 25S when he's kicking all those Vajra and then taking names..... Makes me wonder why they split to begin with...... :ph34r:

Double-jointed elbows, double-jointed knees...... I've already placed my pre-order and I will definitely start working on it when I get it. Nice that they come in 1/72 scale as well.... I can put it right next to my old-school F-14 of the same scale... ought to be an interesting photoshoot... :lol:

Yea, I noticed it as well. However, so far in the animation, I don't see any use of the gunpod splitting open except making Ozma look really cool in his 25S when he's kicking all those Vajra and then taking names..... Makes me wonder why they split to begin with...... :ph34r:

it was also shown to open when alto shot down the temjin look-alike.

in the tech thread speculations are:

- added ventilation

- fore-grip (since it slides back after opening)

- it just looks cool