Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Tomahawk

eyesonme78

1/60 Tomahawk! Get it or leave it?  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Get it?

• Yes i will get it!
    • Nah.. i think i just skip it.
    • I will wait for review... before i decide..

damn, i haven't seen you(Vostok 7) around these parts in forever.

welcome back!

Thanks! Life has made it difficult to keep up with my old hobbies but I've still been collecting when I get a chance, mostly Gundam stuff lately. I loooooove the new HCM Pro's. The new YF-21 and the cannon fodder SV-51, plus the scent of Destroids might bring me back to Macross though :D

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Thanks! Life has made it difficult to keep up with my old hobbies but I've still been collecting when I get a chance, mostly Gundam stuff lately. I loooooove the new HCM Pro's. The new YF-21 and the cannon fodder SV-51, plus the scent of Destroids might bring me back to Macross though :D

Vostok 7

the 21 is gonna be sweet and this destroid looks killer so far, lets just hope the price isn't killer too.

whatever the case is, you're here now and i'm glad to see a long lost member posting again.

I really will need to see the painted version before I decide.

This is not my favorite of destriods and strangely enough I have a good reason why I am on the fence with this design in general.

Often times the tomahawk looks (to me) like a smiley face to me because the head canons look like eyes and the visor looks like a smile and that has always bothered me.

If painted well and the head canons are the same color as the rest of the head and the visor is bright red or another obvious visor color then the smiley face dissapears for me.

Am I crazy? Yes.

The other destroids I do not have this issue with. But if this one does not look too smiley face to me and the final paint job looks good I will probably get it.

I hope this has some killer articulation. Hopefully these do well for Yamato and they can eventually get to some Zent mecha!

So who could afford or have enough space for a 1/60 monster?

I think I would have no place to display it. So I would end up just getting a 1/100 version of it like the konig monster. (but that lacked some details like the chest gun)

I would turn my 1/60 monster into a robo-guardian for my house. I feel bad for anyone who would try to break in :D .

:ph34r:

So who could afford or have enough space for a 1/60 monster?

I think I would have no place to display it. So I would end up just getting a 1/100 version of it like the konig monster. (but that lacked some details like the chest gun)

It would make great yard art, I have the 1/72 monster Kit that was available a year or two ago, it is as big as an end table, the 1/60 would be big enouugh for kittens to pilot.

I would probably use it as a foot-rest at my computer. Every so often I'll look down and grin, then go back to doing stuff on the computer. I have my Bandai Fire valkyrie under my desk and regularly rest my feet on it when I sit in a more normal position. Then again that's because I'm still rejoicing over my Yamato 1/60 YF-19, with the not so great looking chunker on display under my feet. :) Don't worry I don't intend to try to sell it (especially to you guys). It's mine, and I keep it to remind me of the times when Macross stuff was hard to come by and didn't look so great.

Yay, finally a new Macross toy I can probably justify spending the money and space on.

Hopefully the dollar will not have completely tanked by September, and I can get one for less than $100.

No, I don't plan on owning a 1/60 Monster...probably ever.

Would love to see what Yamato could do with some of the other enemy mecha besides the Q-Rau in 1/60. Wouldn't it be cool to see the Glaug and Regult's cockpits done in detail?

Hopefully the dollar will not have completely tanked by September

Wow! Currently, it is 100.80 Yen to $1 US. It was 108 Yen to $1 last month. This will definitely affect the prices of items bought from Japan, like from HLJ. Time to stock up on Yens, gold bars and Euros. Plus crude oil. ^_^

Seriously, I expect the Tomahawk to be around 8,000 Yen or about $79.99 when it is released in September. It should be smaller than the 1/60 Q-rau, therefore it should be priced at or below the Q-rau.

Got to see and handle the sculpt up close yesterday and was blown alway. It has excellent detail and surprisingly good articulation. A dynamic spread leg stance is indeed possible. I'm really looking forward to this.

Graham

Got to see and handle the sculpt up close yesterday and was blown alway. It has excellent detail and surprisingly good articulation. A dynamic spread leg stance is indeed possible. I'm really looking forward to this.

Graham

Awesome :D Now they just need to make the other Destroids :D

Vostok 7

Graham

Awesome!

What i wanted to hear, wide leg stance. Yummy! I would change my poll vote to deffinate instead of wait for the review.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I would probably use it as a foot-rest at my computer. Every so often I'll look down and grin, then go back to doing stuff on the computer. I have my Bandai Fire valkyrie under my desk and regularly rest my feet on it when I sit in a more normal position. Then again that's because I'm still rejoicing over my Yamato 1/60 YF-19, with the not so great looking chunker on display under my feet. :) Don't worry I don't intend to try to sell it (especially to you guys). It's mine, and I keep it to remind me of the times when Macross stuff was hard to come by and didn't look so great.

And WHO would buy it? It'd smell eeewwwwwwww! :p :P

I would prefer a Phalanx.

What I've ALWAYS wanted was a Macross II Phalanx-II, though. I prefer the rectangular missile banks to the cylinders.

I would prefer a Phalanx.

What I've ALWAYS wanted was a Macross II Phalanx-II, though. I prefer the rectangular missile banks to the cylinders.

ANY of the Mac II Destroids would be like... kick ass as 1/60's.... or any scale toy/model make! Plus Macross Zero destroids... want. Actually if they bring out a GNU line of destroids i might even just get them instead of 1/60s.

No more room left for me, game over man game over!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I'm interested, but I just hope that it's more poseable and fun than the 1/60 Quid Rau - that looks ok and is good for what it is, but it's kind of limited in what you can do with it, and the static Miria is just annoying.

VFTF1

I'm interested, but I just hope that it's more poseable and fun than the 1/60 Quid Rau - that looks ok and is good for what it is, but it's kind of limited in what you can do with it, and the static Miria is just annoying.

VFTF1

Live in the now, purchase a Revy Revoltech and fulfill your dreams of half nakid Meltrandi fully poseable Q-Rau pilots...

Of course, yamato doing a new revised 1/60 Q-Rau would be good too. :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie