Macross Frontier News Thread *Read 1st post*

azrael

Website updates:

1) Episode 3 schedule changes:

(RKK) 4/20(Sunday) 25:35

(HBC) 4/21(Monday) 26:35

(RSK) 4/21(Monday) 26:35

(RKB) 4/21(Monday) 26:40

As usual, only episode 3, only those stations listed.

2) DVD/Blu-ray....yeh we know about that.

3) Ringtones for MF are now available for Japanese cell phones.

4) Bandai Channel will begin streaming Frontier beginning 4/18. 1 episode/week.

http://www.b-ch.com/

5) You can now listen to the Macross F radio show via streaming audio.

http://macrossf.com/radio/radio.html

One thing to keep in mind, if there have been any thoughts to releasing this outside of Japan, they've already discussed it. The legal issues are well known at this point, and they'd have to a plan in place to make it happen in a timely matter (whether as Macross F or under some other title).

Duke, can you confirm this? The Valks don't have UN Spacy logos but they still look like variations of the VF-01 shared with RT. Even under a different name it's still MACROSS.

Oh, no, if we had news like that there would be fireworks and laser beams shooting out of this website. My only point was, if Kawamori has any intentions of releasing this outside of Japan, it has to have been discussed. All parties involved know the legal mess involved. Everyone and their mother has guessed that the changes (NUNS, insignia, etc) may be pointing to this. But so far, nothing has been announced or even hinted at. I think right now you can assume its Japan only.

Oh, no, if we had news like that there would be fireworks and laser beams shooting out of this website. My only point was, if Kawamori has any intentions of releasing this outside of Japan, it has to have been discussed. All parties involved know the legal mess involved. Everyone and their mother has guessed that the changes (NUNS, insignia, etc) may be pointing to this. But so far, nothing has been announced or even hinted at. I think right now you can assume its Japan only.

I've heard rumors to the effect that Bandai or Big West is going to try to release Frontier internationally, hence the lack of UN Spacy kite emblems.

However,

if the VF-1J gate guard from the manga makes an appearance in the anime the same as in the manga, I imagine that would make things difficult regarding the licencing situation.

Graham

Sunday? Is that kinda change usual?

It only affects those networks listed. MBS, TBS and everybody else not listed, is on normal schedule (that means the 1st airing, on MBS is back to Thursdays @ 25:25).

Guys, just following on from some of the posts about a western release and the legal issues surrounding it, can I ask; what makes this different to Macross Plus? Was there an agreement in place at that time - admittedly a good 13 or so years ago - that is no longer agreeable for whichever relevant parties?

Apologies if this has been covered already, there's a lot of pages here haha.

I don't like those cross things on the rifle. And the barrel needs to be longer imo.

They probably have something to do with stabilization when firing as well as aiming. I'm sure there are additional sensors (wind speed, distance, gravity, etc.) as well in them.

Guys, just following on from some of the posts about a western release and the legal issues surrounding it, can I ask; what makes this different to Macross Plus? Was there an agreement in place at that time - admittedly a good 13 or so years ago - that is no longer agreeable for whichever relevant parties?

Apologies if this has been covered already, there's a lot of pages here haha.

In short, Macross Plus came out before HG started throwing lawyers around and making absurd statements. Now that they are, it doesn't matter whether or not anything they claim is true, the threat of litigation is enough to make it not worth anyone's effort to license and release the show in North America.

They probably have something to do with stabilization when firing as well as aiming. I'm sure there are additional sensors (wind speed, distance, gravity, etc.) as well in them.

I would take a guess that if the gun is a Rail gun base sniper rifle then those would probably be cooling rods to help prevent the barrel from over heating. But that would be my initial guess.

I like the look of Mikhail's blue VF-25 and the sniper rifle is interesting. I'd love to hear the fiction regarding the weapon.

Just the fact they have a sniper is groovy man.

Thought, I'd try to capture a few shots of 'sharpshooter' Mikhail's blue and white VF-25 in action.

Graham

A sniper type huh. Very interesting...

I must say the more I see these new machines, the more impatient I am to see the line art for it. :lol:

Edited by Flaming Guantlet

I wonder how Mikhail's gunpod works in fighter and gerwalk. Is it still capable of full-auto fire or does he have to rely on other weapons systems if enemies get close.

I'm guessing it's single shot only, given the nature of the weapon.

(Thought exercise: Why would only he be the one to have the benefit of a dual use cannon pod?)

Also the "cross" seems to indeed be extendable cooling rods for the barrel.

Firing in full auto would shake the Valk to pieces or at least make it difficult to aim given the recoil.

Next, I can't imagine the barrel taking the continued build up of heat, based on its portrayal in the sharpshooting scene.

Of course, that remains to be seen though, but I don't foresee M:F disregarding common sense in this regard. ;)

I believe the hip guns (mounted on the side of the intakes on the sides of the LERX) are the full-auto close-in weapons for each Valk.

The rapid fire cannon pod provides increased weight of fire, while the sniper cannon provides extended range and pentration at the expense of decreased weight of fire.

I love the way that the building with the large glass windows actually reflects the other buildings and Mikail's battroid. Nice detail.

Yes, I also felt this was a very nice touch. The buildings were an effective visual method to show Mikhail using cover but the reflection from the opposite building's glass was a way to please the viewer by showing more of the mecha we want to see. Quite clever and very effective animation.

Hey just a thought, but in the opening there's a shot of a Geisha....just a hunch, but that's Alto isn't it......? With all the cracks of him looking like a girl and always being called Princess by Mikhail....I can believe it.

Hey just a thought, but in the opening there's a shot of a Geisha....just a hunch, but that's Alto isn't it......? With all the cracks of him looking like a girl and always being called Princess by Mikhail....I can believe it.

Yes it is Alto. Alto's character description tells us that he comes from a kabuki theater background. And from the OP, one can take a good guess at what his role was. :lol:

Yes it is Alto. Alto's character description tells us that he comes from a kabuki theater background. And from the OP, one can take a good guess at what his role was. :lol:

Up until now, I've been thinking that it was Sheryl dressed as a maiko.

I just went back and rewatched and rewatched that segment of the opening credits. I was going to say this thing and that thing and reference jaw lines - but the eye colour seals things.

Ranka - reddish eyes

Sheryl - blue eyes

Alto - brown eyes

Maiko - brown eyes.

I just went back and rewatched and rewatched that segment of the opening credits. I was going to say this thing and that thing and reference jaw lines - but the eye colour seals things.

Ranka - reddish eyes

Sheryl - blue eyes

Alto - brown eyes

Maiko - brown eyes.

I also did exactly the same thing before XD Although that guy could be any of Alto's predecessors, I still prefer to think that's him :p