Yamato GN-U Non-transforming Macross Action Figures

Graham

And here I'd just finished acceptance, and reasoned that no Variable 11 was better for my wallet...

I'll still probably have to wait for next Xmas though, or at least for FAST packs.

That 1/144 Bandai on my shelf just doesn't cut it for my love of the 11. Given the lack of a Hasegawa, the thought of this makes me wiggly.

Edited by Kelsain

Bandai having the rights worry's me a little, unless it's Gundam or Eva they don't bother much for new, unproven shows.

See Eureka Seven, a handfull of models and PVC (swap parts nightmare) toys.

Yeah, and that anime came from Bandai's own Sunrise. Well Eureka 7 was not that popular. Look at Code Geass, uber popular surpressing Gundam Seed, and we are just getting one HG model and some tiny palm action toys from their low-end shop.

But then Bandai has some very good technology and designers at their high end. A Master Grade or Soul-spec VF-25 would match anything Yamato can offer.

Yeah, and that anime came from Bandai's own Sunrise. Well Eureka 7 was not that popular. Look at Code Geass, uber popular surpressing Gundam Seed, and we are just getting one HG model and some tiny palm action toys from their low-end shop.

But then Bandai has some very good technology and designers at their high end. A Master Grade or Soul-spec VF-25 would match anything Yamato can offer.

Well Bandai cares for other two franchises besides MSG and NGE in terms of QC : DBZ and Naruto :ph34r: .

Back to Macross :

As Macross F. for Bandai I yes it could be a large scale HCM-Pro or a Soul-Spec. Yamato ... please Battle Pods !

The last new mecha to be done as an SOC class toy by Bandai was Aquarion. Perhaps as these are also Shoji's work that may inspire them a little to put some better toys, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

CF18, You're right in that E7 wasn't that popular which depressed me, never did get figures of The End, or The Spearhead or...

The only good macross item Bandai has ever made was the 1/100 VF-2ss, And it's only good because it's the only out of the box variable kit of the mecha ever made, period.

I have no expectations for even a Master-Grade vf-25 since Bandai has yet to make a good-transforming model unless you call transforming putting a shield on your head and folding your legs like you're going into missionary position or something

The only good macross item Bandai has ever made was the 1/100 VF-2ss, And it's only good because it's the only out of the box variable kit of the mecha ever made, period.

I have no expectations for even a Master-Grade vf-25 since Bandai has yet to make a good-transforming model unless you call transforming putting a shield on your head and folding your legs like you're going into missionary position or something

And folding in half and having the legs and arms swing out into place is any better?

Zeta transformation.

It's a bit more complicated than what you described.

I own the MG Zeta, and it's still little more than "tucking in the arms and legs and sitting on its shield". You also flip up the chest and slide down the head. Big whoop.

It just has a REALLY BIG shield/wing thing mounted on its back, that it can tuck its arms into to hide them better. It's still a flying shield, with a gundam torso and legs sitting on top of it.

It's incredibly finicky and time consuming to transform, but that's not due to complexity or anything. (I did ONCE get it to lock together rock solidly--never figured out how, and could never do it again---it was either a mistake, or some hidden feature no one else has ever found that was actually designed into it---as everyone else (including me) complain about how floppy it is)

Eureka 7----> mechas by Kawamori and the toys look crappy...

Aquarion----> mechas by Kawamori and the proto of the big ass expensive toy was already being shown after episode 2:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&a...st&p=283997

Maybe it depends on how much money Bandai puts into the show (Aquarion looked like it had a bigger budget and only lasted 26 episodes). There's a Gundam show and Eva movies for the next 2+ years... so less Bandai money for MF...

I won't be holding my breath for good quality merchandize from Bandai...

On the VF-11:

Posability looks good from the cad pic: Double jointed elbows are there and the leg area looks very busy so I guess it will also have double jointed knees. The elbows don't look like they telescope out like in the HCM-Pros though.

I own the MG Zeta, and it's still little more than "tucking in the arms and legs and sitting on its shield". You also flip up the chest and slide down the head. Big whoop.

It just has a REALLY BIG shield/wing thing mounted on its back, that it can tuck its arms into to hide them better. It's still a flying shield, with a gundam torso and legs sitting on top of it.

It's incredibly finicky and time consuming to transform, but that's not due to complexity or anything. (I did ONCE get it to lock together rock solidly--never figured out how, and could never do it again---it was either a mistake, or some hidden feature no one else has ever found that was actually designed into it---as everyone else (including me) complain about how floppy it is)

The Zeta 1.0 is very floppy and shields are suppose to big so it can give you more coverage area. It's personal preference and whether you like the design or not. IMO the VF-1 has a lame transformation because you can clearly tell it's a fighter to begin with. You have the top half of the fighter as the chest/ back, the engines as the legs and the arms are tucked underneath the fighter.

Eureka 7----> mechas by Kawamori and the toys look crappy...

Aquarion----> mechas by Kawamori and the proto of the big ass expensive toy was already being shown after episode 2:

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&a...st&p=283997

Maybe it depends on how much money Bandai puts into the show (Aquarion looked like it had a bigger budget and only lasted 26 episodes). There's a Gundam show and Eva movies for the next 2+ years... so less Bandai money for MF...

I won't be holding my breath for good quality merchandize from Bandai...

On the VF-11:

Posability looks good from the cad pic: Double jointed elbows are there and the leg area looks very busy so I guess it will also have double jointed knees. The elbows don't look like they telescope out like in the HCM-Pros though.

I'm happy to hear these guys are getting double joints... I wish yamato would put them on their transforming toys as well...

Im a big fan of the Zeta Gundam myself (its transformation is kinda neat, but not nearly as cool as the VF-1) and Bandai's first attempt at a MG version was a big FAIL in my book. Also badboy00z thats the point of the VF-1, it was to take a plane and make it a robot, not the other way around like with Zeta.

IMO the VF-1 has a lame transformation because you can clearly tell it's a fighter to begin with. You have the top half of the fighter as the chest/ back, the engines as the legs and the arms are tucked underneath the fighter.

I always thought that's what made the VF-1 cool. It looked almost plausible. The crazier and crazier the transformations get the less I like them (and the more flimsy the toys get). I'm already dreading VF-25 toys.

I prefer the valkyries and their transformations that allow them to go from fighter to battroid, than gundams that curl into fetal positions and/or fold up under a gainormous shield. :p And if you get into shell-formers, the YF-21/VF-22 is king. Or is that queen? :mellow::lol:

I prefer the valkyries and their transformations that allow them to go from fighter to battroid, than gundams that curl into fetal positions and/or fold up under a gainormous shield. :p And if you get into shell-formers, the YF-21/VF-22 is king. Or is that queen? :mellow::lol:

Battroids besides the YF/VF-19, YF-21, VF-22 and VF-25 looks like ass IMO. :p I prefer my mechs to look badass in ALL forms. The VF-25 did that perfectly.

I always thought that's what made the VF-1 cool. It looked almost plausible. The crazier and crazier the transformations get the less I like them (and the more flimsy the toys get). I'm already dreading VF-25 toys.

It does make it more plausible. Maybe it's because I'm not an old school hardcore Macross fan but it looks just plain dorky IMO. Lol.

The thing that he doesn't understand is, that the VF is a transforming mecha, designed to be balanced between fighter and battroid. Hence it fulfills its own niche in the mecha world. It does not pretend to be a Gundam.

Any of the Gundams (yes even the Zeta) is a Gundam trying to be transformable. Entirely different things.

Edited by kensei

It's true, I'm afraid I don't have any comparison pics with the Mac + toys (YET). They're definitely on my to-do list though. For now the only thing you'll get are comparison pics of the 1/72 YF-19 next to the 1/60 YF-19. Sorry!

pfft! thats the last time i plug your site. ;)

and whats this crazy talk about lame transformation of the VF-1? :wacko:

you know you're posting on macrossworld right?

A innocent question :ph34r:

Any posibility of another Monster toy, but this time the ver. from the TV series or the Macross movie?

Just imagine a Yamato 1/60 MK-II Monster Destroid :D

over a year or so ago, there was a prototype of a 1/60 scale monster that they featured at a few toy shows.

i think due to the size and cost, it wasn't worth taking the risk of producing them. basically it would've run like $300(and probably $100 just for shipping) and you would need a large coffee table to display it. :blink:

added:

just did a quick search, my guess is this is what a 1/60 valk would be in scale with a 1/60 monster. :blink:

monrider.jpg

Edited by do not disturb

over a year or so ago, there was a prototype of a 1/60 scale monster that they featured at a few toy shows.

i think due to the size and cost, it wasn't worth taking the risk of producing them. basically it would've run like $300(and probably $100 just for shipping) and you would need a large coffee table to display it. :blink:

Here's a pic. This truly is a Monster with a capital "M"

160mkiimonsterck1.jpg

That monster is pure insanity! Shipping would probably cost at least $100 and I can not imagine what the toy would cost. Also, talk about needing more shelf space! Wow! Although, I think it would look pretty badd asss sitting on top of my TV, especially since it is much larger than my TV!

The thing that he doesn't understand is, that the VF is a transforming mecha, designed to be balanced between fighter and battroid. Hence it fulfills its own niche in the mecha world. It does not pretend to be a Gundam.

Any of the Gundams (yes even the Zeta) is a Gundam trying to be transformable. Entirely different things.

Your opinion couldn't be more biased. Lol.

Trying to be transformable? Pfft. On what grounds?? Gundam doesn't try to be Valks either. Generally the transformation for Gundams allow them to re enter the Earth's atmosphere with out extra armor/ equipment and without having it burn up during re entry. It also allows them to move at a higher rate of speed and have better stability at said speed for long trips. It doesn't transform just for the sake of transforming. The VF is fighter designed to transform into battroid to perform certain tasks that fighter mode can not. A transformable Gundam is a robot designed to transform to perform certain task that robot mode can not. Both serve a purpose but I just think that the way the VF-1 transform is lame just like how you think the Zeta's transformation is lame. So I ask again, on what grounds are they "entirely different things"??

transforming mecha that have some evidence of their alternate vehicle mode are cool. As long as they make an honest effort to look like a robot I don't mind if some vehicle parts are showing. It kinda reminds me the thing is supposed to be a transforming design. Mecha whose vehicle modes looks like the robot mode laying on its belly are not cool. The zeta is sort of cool. Of all the transforming gundam designs out there it is the one that makes the greatest effort to look like some sort of space craft. But in the end its a spread my legs and lay on my sheild design.

Edited by GobotFool

Your opinion couldn't be more biased. Lol.

Trying to be transformable? Pfft. On what grounds?? Gundam doesn't try to be Valks either. Generally the transformation for Gundams allow them to re enter the Earth's atmosphere with out extra armor/ equipment and without having it burn up during re entry. It also allows them to move at a higher rate of speed and have better stability at said speed for long trips. It doesn't transform just for the sake of transforming. The VF is fighter designed to transform into battroid to perform certain tasks that fighter mode can not. A transformable Gundam is a robot designed to transform to perform certain task that robot mode can not. Both serve a purpose but I just think that the way the VF-1 transform is lame just like how you think the Zeta's transformation is lame. So I ask again, on what grounds are they "entirely different things"??

Couldn't be more biased? I like the Zeta Gundam for a Gundam, but all I ever said is that it fails to transform into an alternate form with finesse and look excellent in both modes. Thats it. All you have done is take out your fanboyism for Gundam on those whose opinion merely differs from yours. You don't like how there are people out there that don't Zeta Gundam? Too bad mate, it's the internet.

Why are they entirely different things? I'm not going to argue such points over a friggin cartoon.

And no I still do not believe Bandai should get the licence. The only toy company that have shown innovation in designing transforming VFs is Yamato. What they did with the 1/48 VF-1 and the YF-19 were amazing (think new type of swingbars and arm transformation). In terms of thinking, they are way ahead, and after the release of the Nora SV-51, my faith in their QC department has gone up again. hopefully the YF-21 will seal the deal for most of us too.

Edited by kensei

Bandai definately shouldnt get the licence, Yamato has been doing great (well besides qc errors) at designing all the valks they have done so far. On a side note, the transformation of the Zeta G and the VF-1 are actually very similar, wings and tail stored on back, arms fold towards inside of body, legs become thrusters, and chest area folds up to become cockpit area (albeit most of Zetas cockpit is carried on its arm). Why cant we set aside our petty differences and just get along?

troll, just go back to your gundam fansite or stop trying derail threads with this stupid and pointless gundam versus valk crap you're so bent on.

I don't try to derail threads. But when someone bashes something I like, I will defend it. Just like how you guys are defending Macross. It works both ways buddy.

Couldn't be more biased? I like the Zeta Gundam for a Gundam, but all I ever said is that it fails to transform into an alternate form with finesse and look excellent in both modes. Thats it. All you have done is take out your fanboyism for Gundam on those whose opinion merely differs from yours. You don't like how there are people out there that don't Zeta Gundam? Too bad mate, it's the internet.

Why are they entirely different things? I'm not going to argue such points over a friggin cartoon.

And no I still do not believe Bandai should get the licence. The only toy company that have shown innovation in designing transforming VFs is Yamato. What they did with the 1/48 VF-1 and the YF-19 were amazing (think new type of swingbars and arm transformation). In terms of thinking, they are way ahead, and after the release of the Nora SV-51, my faith in their QC department has gone up again. hopefully the YF-21 will seal the deal for most of us too.

Looks and finesse are both subjective. And all I ever said was that I didn't like the way the VF-1 transformed. And as if you don't take out your "fanboyism" for Macross on those whose opinion differ from yours. Lol. You don't like how there are people out there that don't like Macross/ the VF-1? Too bad "mate", it's the internet. Yes they are entirely different things. One is a mobile suit and one is a fighter jet that are designed by two different people. But what is exactly the same is the concept that they are both transforming mechas that perform different tasks in different modes.

Also I never said that Bandai should get the license. I was actually bummed out that Yamato didn't get it because I've seen the Yamato toys. All I said was that Bandai is capable, if they wanted to, to make a good quality kit/ toy comparable to Yamato.