25th Anniversary Toys

Cancer107

Suddenly not in a rush to get these. This is the ONE instance wherein I would have preferred it if they did not tampo print some markings, specifically the "25th Anniversary" text. I may still be convinced to pick these up in the unlikely event that I find them at a discount...and after I've bought every other available high end toy I want at the time. That's how far down the "to-buy" list this has sild for me. Anyway, no point in trying to be a completist when I don't have the first Low Vis.

True though, i'm not a completist either in a way that i don't got the LowVis-1 VF-1A (i still tihnk they will bring out a 1S head version low-vis), but i really do like this 19 with kanji markings... :D And the fact that it's a Macross 25th anni limited run is a little more insentive... I may even try to scrape the english 25th text off as a mod and get 'larger' waterslide decals of the kanji and paste it on the wings but that's no importance.

I think it looks great. That one pic with landing gear down is hot. Any more pics???

Also, any more information about the new SDF-1 Wave 'correct' movie version?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Maybe if Yamato gets enough thumbs-down feedback for these, the paint schemes will change. I'd be willing to bet comments on message boards like, (and I quote) "It's the suck" sealed the fate of the 1/100 scale VF-0S. :lol:

its possible, it happened with them ugly ass swiss army valks. :D

I really don`t like the VF-4. It looks more as a transport vehicle rather than a war machine...ok, i Said it...now you can hate me for the rest of your life...

Although Yamato does a lot of repainting (nobody beats aoshima anyway) and rebundle I wonder what they are going to do for next year...Bundle for M0 are over. Unless they produce the reactive armor and that would be really cool. Of course there will be one with the YF-21 plus booster but i really really really hope to complete the trio from M+ next year and maybe getting something extra....

I really don`t like the VF-4.

I wasn't a fan of the VF-4G Lightning III at first, myself -- I think it was the way the bottom of the battroid hands are covered (see attached battroid pic). However, the more I looked at the design, the more I liked it. Now, it's one of the designs I most want to see made into a toy. The attached pic is of an excellently done variable model kit by member Jarrod -- Yamato, please take a look.

IM001599.jpg

IM001608.jpg

Edited by Wicked Ace

I really don`t like the VF-4. It looks more as a transport vehicle rather than a war machine...ok, i Said it...now you can hate me for the rest of your life...

Nah, I don't hate anyone for simply expressing their opinion. To each their own. There are so many other, more legitimate reasons to hate people. :lol:

If Yamato can pull off the SV-51, they can definitely do a VF-4. :)

It's alright that you don't like the VF-4 Ryoma. It's not like we're going to gang up on you and stab you with sporks or anything. :p:lol: I don't like the VA-3, VF-9, the varuta variable fighters, and the Pheyos variable fighter.

The "25th anniversary" being tampoed all over it is really making me think. Do I want it because I'm settling for second best while wanting a stealth? Thankfully I have some time to consider before preorders start up. I'm seriously considering picking up the current set of 19 with fp and foldildo... (and possibly skipping the 25th and waiting for a stealth, low vis, or sv-51dobber-scheme on a 19).

For the record, I love the VF-4 in fighter mode but I think all other modes look... forced. I honestly feel exactly the same way about the SV-51 but it's starting to grow on me in the other modes so maybe the VF-4 would do the same thing.

Hey, what do you think are the odds Yamato will use DYRL's 25th anniversary to rethink the 1/48 VT/VE-1 situation???

For anyone who is upset about the tampo on the VF-1 and were hoping to get something equivalent to the credit card valks, why not just buy a VF-1J stealth and strip the gray paint? Should be an easy procedure. You don't really have a choice on the YF-19 though.

Well, i do admit that the battroid looks cool...although i don`t like the fact that there`s no gunpod but vulcan guns a`la gundam(I guess).

Anyway it would be nice to have the evolution of valks...VF-0,VF-1, VF-4,VF-11, YF-19(?) I guess we`ll know better once Frontier will be out though.

More people jumping on the 'new vf-1 in 1/60' bandwagon is a good thing! Mayeb we'll get em after all!

the VF-4 is ok. The fighter mode is sweet, but the battroid is so-so. id get one if it came out and was done well, but it will never be one i hunt for.

Actually just watching Mac7 (i took a big break, but started gain recently) i wouldnt mind Jamming bird schemes for the VF-11, that looked sweet.

More people jumping on the 'new vf-1 in 1/60' bandwagon is a good thing! Mayeb we'll get em after all!

the VF-4 is ok. The fighter mode is sweet, but the battroid is so-so. id get one if it came out and was done well, but it will never be one i hunt for.

Actually just watching Mac7 (i took a big break, but started gain recently) i wouldnt mind Jamming bird schemes for the VF-11, that looked sweet.

I would love the VF-1 to be redone in 1/60 but with the same details as the 1/48 and limited variants like VF-1S roy/hikaru, VF-1J hikaru/max/millia.

As for me im holding my breath for the 1/48 VF-4 and the VF-11B.... since those are more likely to me made by Yamato, compaired to the other valks.

- Jin

1/48!? 1/48 is a dead scale except for the occasional reissue or repaint.

Trust me, there is no chance in seeing a VF-4 & vF-11B in 1/48 scale.

Graham

:blink:

That`s not fair...well, I guess that the VF-11B muste be 1/60 in order to be coherent with the other two M+ birds. Don`t know the specific of the VF-4 though. Would it fit better in a 1/60 or 1/48?

Anyway this means no new valks from DYRL?

1/48!? 1/48 is a dead scale except for the occasional reissue or repaint.

Trust me, there is no chance in seeing a VF-4 & vF-11B in 1/48 scale.

Graham

Does that mean theres a chance well see them in another scale, like 1/60th?

you did say to read between the lines, right? ^_^

The VF-1, VF-4, and VF-11 are all close in size to each other.

If the 1/48 line is dead, long live the 1/60! Just don't skimp on the engineering and materials. :) Man, oh man. I'm really eager to hear an announcement of "1/60 VF-11B coming soon)". Oh baby, and a 1/60 VF-4... :D

Well, I have never had a 1/48 VF1, so I am getting into those since they are so awesome!

The best thing in the 1/60 line that I had owned was the YF-19, but I had decided to sell it and get a repaint (Game colors or whatever else the come out with) later on.

The VF-0 that I had was a total freaking disappointment. :-\

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron