Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

So we have Roy, Hikaru & Max color scheme ... nice ^_^ but I bet also for Kakizaki and Miria color scheme.

Well the Millia scheme has already been revisited in M7, so it's hard to say. I like the idea though...

Yeah that was one of the main problems. But i'm sure there are other contributing factors. Hopefully KISS:DUM served as a good lesson to them if any of them were from the same team.

SMS?

Super Monster Striker? XD

Super Macross Strikers? :p

Actually from what I remember the producer or director of KISSDUM bailed before the 1st episode was even completed. Prior to this he kept reassuring the team that he had everything under control and everything was going as planned. I don't think said guy was part of Satelight, Satelight was just animating KISSDUM. So nothing to worry about.

SWS-1 is probably the ship the squadrons are stationed on.

I agree, VF engines have to get smaller as technology advances, otherwise, some of the other stuff such internal missile bays, internal gunpods etc wouldn't be possible.

Although going by Gonzo's opening animation on Dynamite 7, the VF-19Kai's engines look massive! However, I tend to think of this CG animation as an animation error, or rather artistic licence on Gonzo's part.

Graham

I think it makes the most sense. It's obviously the method Kawamori used to account for the weight and internal space. I'm not sure the Dynamite 7 opening is all that accurate. It's meant (in-universe fiction) just to be part of a visual montage for a live concert and not an actual accurate schematic. Plus I think if you look close enough, the engines of the Fire Valkyrie in that concert animation are actually larger than the nacelles that are supposed to house them :)

THanks for the new scans Graham! Oh, the purty details! I love that new head design :wub:

The January issue (on sale November 26) of Kadokawa Shoten's Monthly Shonen Ace magazine will announce that the manga adaptation of the Macross Frontier anime television series will premiere in the February issue (on sale December 26) in Japan. Macross Frontier is the 2008 sequel to the Macross science-fiction romance franchise that will be animated by Satelight (Macross Zero, Noein) with a story by Shoji Kawamori (first Macross series, Escaflowne) and music by Yoko Kanno (Macross Zero, Escaflowne, Cowboy Bebop). Hayato Aoki (Meteor Sweeper Girls, Antenna Serenade) will draw the manga. Monthly Shonen Ace ran Haruhiko Mikimoto's Macross 7: Trash spinoff manga from 1994 to 2001.

The Macross 25th Anniversary Special program that was announced earlier this month will air in Japan on December 23 at 26:50 (effectively 2:50 a.m. the next day) on the Kansai region's MBS station, and on December 28 at 25:15 (1:15 a.m. the next day) on the Tokyo area's TBS station. The one-hour special will include a retrospective of previous Macross projects and a special compilation of clips from the first episode of Macross Frontier. This will be the first new Macross animation footage to premiere on television in over 12 years.

Macross Frontier takes place after the last major Macross sequels (Macross Plus and Macross 7) and centers on a fighter pilot trainee, a budding singer, and a pop idol aboard a space colony fleet under enemy attack.

Taken from:

Macross Frontier News

The Macross 25th Anniversary Special program that was announced earlier this month will air in Japan on December 23 at 26:50 (effectively 2:50 a.m. the next day) on the Kansai region's MBS station, and on December 28 at 25:15 (1:15 a.m. the next day) on the Tokyo area's TBS station. The one-hour special will include a retrospective of previous Macross projects and a special compilation of clips from the first episode of Macross Frontier. This will be the first new Macross animation footage to premiere on television in over 12 years.

MERRY *****'ING CHRISTMAS! B))

Sweetness, I really hope that we are going to be getting some refined footage and not the current material. :)

i kinda liked bandai's 1/100 vf-2ss. if a larger scale version was released, i'm sure it would have been better in terms of transformation and design. if bandai does release anything for frontier, i hope it turns out good.

I really wouldn't worry about KISSDUM's problems. All that nonsense about it being a dry-run for MF is bullshit. That was just talk on Japanese/Chinese forums because Satelight and Kawamori were involved. Kawamori was just involved with the mecha design and Satelight for the animation. None were involved in the decision making of the show so whatever problems KISSDUM had, they shouldn't influence MF because the creative staff is different.

I agree. That whole thing was nothing more than internet gossip. People just like the drama, real or invented.

Back to Macross Frontier, I can see clearly now the underside cannons in fighter mode. They sit just to the outer side of the engine intakes, just under the edge of the dorsal forward fuselage. And of course, they become "hip guns" in Battroid mode. So now I'm wondering, are the protrusions on the forward wing roots guns as well? I think they are possibly something else. I mentioned they prior that they may be equipment connection points for the Super Parts. Maybe they may also act as navigation lights?

I really wouldn't worry about KISSDUM's problems. All that nonsense about it being a dry-run for MF is bullshit. That was just talk on Japanese/Chinese forums because Satelight and Kawamori were involved. Kawamori was just involved with the mecha design and Satelight for the animation. None were involved in the decision making of the show so whatever problems KISSDUM had, they shouldn't influence MF because the creative staff is different.

What I understood was that the only relationship between the two is that Kissdum was the "testbed" that Satelite was experimenting with to get the processes in place to do MF the way BW and SK wanted. That was the only relation.

The look of Kissdum and such was the decision of it's production team as well as the show's problems.

Satelite was the contracted animator, doing as they instructed, nothing more.

Edited by Zinjo

What I understood was that the only relationship between the two is that Kissdum was the "testbed" that Satelite was experimenting with to get the processes in place to do MF the way BW and SK wanted. That was the only relation.

I don't think so. Sousei no Aquarion would have been the "testbed", if any. KISSDUM was just a side job for Satelight and Kawamori. It's just 'Net drama people created when they saw Kawamori and Satelight's name on the show. People were too quick to associate the names with each other and all those BS rumors showed up. People were so eager to hear any Macross news that they believed anything.

March

The wing protrusions do not appear the be the "hip guns". They're either navigation lights or sensors, or just a design.

After watching the Macross F promo for the nth time, I'm wondering... where is this ship taking off from? Earth?

post-322-1195872173_thumb.jpg

I read somewhere else that you can see the Macross in the distance...

looks like the megaroad, taking off from earth. It seems pretty similar to the shot of her taking off in flashback2012. you can kinda make out the Macross in the background, those two towers in the back with the lights look to me like the main gun.

Edited by eugimon

Is the Frontier the Megaroad class, or the Macross class?

And that's definitely a Megaroad class leaving earth. That's the Macross in the background.

The frontier fleet seems to have many different colony ships. Both Megaroad & New Macross Class can be seen.

There have been no specific #'s Mentioned.

The frontier fleet seems to have many different colony ships. Both Megaroad & New Macross Class can be seen.

There have been no specific #'s Mentioned.

Could have sworn somewhere I read Megaroad 11. We've been having this discussion for so long, I can't even remember anymore. We need something like a single fact page for this thing.

Realistically though, I don't see why the engines have to be so huge anymore. There are good sized internal cavities in many aircraft not used for anything.. they're just left empty to save weight. As engines get more powerful, and probably smaller, the effects of overpacking an aircraft with heavy objects would not be as great. Shoot, the engines on the YF-19 could already reach near orbit in less than a minute. I magine by this point they could probably have shrunk those engines considerably.

My old Boss used to be in the RAF and worked on the early Tornado planes and it`s predessors each time they had a flight group in for upgrades the stuff they put back in took up less room. I remeber him telling me that one such upgrade made the plane not handle right acording to the Fly boys and they ended up packing the space with the equivalent in lead weight to rebalance the plane. He did tell me of one plane (I forget which) that the new engines and targeting etc gave then the ability to add more ammo cages or strap even more ordanance to it and it would still fly as well as before. But most air groups just opted for weighs less will fly faster method insted.

Edited by big F

Which is the Frontier's U.N. LOGO???

I think Macross Frontier Fleet separate from earth U.N.

= =

071123unlogo01.jpg

071123unlogo02.jpg

that could be a fleet patch, still it is a little odd we haven't seen the un kite so far, they could be like in Star trek each ship had a different symbol not like the federation symbol that was taken later from the enterprise patch

The most likely explanation, if the U.N. kite is indeed gone, is a very simple one. The U.N. Spacy represented a United Nations group. Earth has been sending out so many colony fleets, that it's no longer an issue of nations, but planets. Perhaps the new sybol is to represent the newer Earth born Stellar Republic.

-Space Management Society?

-Super Macross Suburbs?

After watching the Macross F promo for the nth time, I'm wondering... where is this ship taking off from? Earth?

post-322-1195872173_thumb.jpg

I read somewhere else that you can see the Macross in the distance...

From the available information, it is a Megaroad Class ship. Also, given that all of the New Macross Colony Ships seen in M7 and it's sequels (VF-X2) are all (slightly to majorly) different in design, it is highly probably that the same holds true for the Megaroad class ships as well. Therefore, it is highly likely that what we are seeing is the Megaroad-01.

In addition, to the left of the Megaroad ship there is a Zentraedi Flagship also launching. This is very similar, if not exactly the same as the Megaroad-01 launch sequence seen in F2012.

It is well worth noting that the tone and colours of the city in the sequence is exactly the same as that of Macross City, as seen in M+.

Therefore, given the information that we have at this time, the two dots on the tower in the background on the right is the SDF-1.

It is my belief that this is part of an opening introductory sequence, a la what is seen in M7's first few episodes.

(Darn it... this is the 2nd time I've had to write this... the first time, something ate it while transmitting it. >.<)

What does SMS stand for? Speculation: the VF is the new fighter for the next term, right? Therefore, I believe that we are seeing early production models or even prototypes of the VF-25. So SMS may very well be the initials of the manufacturer.

このロイ・フォッカー似のカラーリングはオズマ・リー搭乗機。

Ozma's VF-25 have similar color ring of Roy Focker.

主人公早乙女アルトが乗り込むVF-25は赤黒のラインが入っている.

Alto's VF-25 have red and black lines.

I wasn't referring to the colour schemes, but the dates mentioned in the article (2045, 14+ years, 2059).

Alas, I'm too busy this weekend to sit down and do a proper translation. >.<