Macross 25th Anniversary and upcoming new TV series thread

azrael

>snip<

It is my belief that this is part of an opening introductory sequence, a la what is seen in M7's first few episodes.

>snip<

I agree. They've used that method right from the very beginning of Macross so it makes great sense to continue it. But I wonder if they will also tie in M0 or not because of it's separation time-wise.

The blue "Max-colors" VF-25 may belong to our protagonist's squadron or friend. But we shall see.

Concerning a "fact thread", there's no official site for the series out at the moment for starters. Most of the info that we have has been posted on ANN. sketchley]/b] has also been posting his translations (whom you should all be thanking) on Macross RPG. He also appears to the the lone individual who is translating the articles into readable English, and not machine English.

The most likely explanation, if the U.N. kite is indeed gone, is a very simple one. The U.N. Spacy represented a United Nations group. Earth has been sending out so many colony fleets, that it's no longer an issue of nations, but planets. Perhaps the new sybol is to represent the newer Earth born Stellar Republic.

The UN Spacy is a military arm of the UN Government. Perhaps, as colony missions have become more numerous, that colony fleets are no longer part of the UNS and now form their own organization outside of the UN government. They are no longer part of the UN hierarchy and are now a distinct group which has it's own organizational structure not directly part of the UN by this era.

The UN Spacy is a military arm of the UN Government. Perhaps, as colony missions have become more numerous, that colony fleets are no longer part of the UNS and now form their own organization outside of the UN government. They are no longer part of the UN hierarchy and are now a distinct group which has it's own organizational structure not directly part of the UN by this era.

If you mean they no longer fall under the jurisdiction of the UN (assuming the UNG is still called that) Military fleet, then that is a reasonable possibility. The fleet may have their own defensive equipment run by civilian authorities. Essentially a greater separation of Civilian and Military that we first saw with the Mac 7 series.

It could be why they are using VF-25 fighters. Spacy personelle use the VF-171 fighter as the main line fighter while the civilian fleet utilizes the VF-25 as it's main defensive fighter...

So many possibilities..... :wacko:

APPLAUSE Please!!!!

hahahahahahahahah!!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ouiqr4

Sheryl Nomu - Lyrics

Juu yoku HAPPY DAY

Kaza'n mitai ni :blink:

Kimi wa shite no watashi no BEATING HEART...

Mo SONG no GALAXY, soberi ochi ta na POISON SET

Nando kukoto ne daita na KISSu de

Tori ko e no hara de kona no

Suri no sobe'hajime yuki mashou

Motte ke YOU :blink: THE DAY

Koko de keru na FIGHTo

X'tashi koga shitte yo

Tonde ke kimi no muneni SWEET

Oma kaza shite sa i

Motto yu kushi de age no ageru

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Don't be late my private...

:lol:

Or ideally released on DVD and BlueRay, which would be a win-win situation for consumers.

Rather late to the party but must agree that a multi-format release would be a benefit. As I understand BlueRay is region format free. So I can play the Japanese BlueRay DVD's on the PS3...??!!

Japanese PS3 Games will work on American PS3 systems. Hope that games are quick to follow the release of the series.

If Bandai does not release the new VF or releases poor quality toys Yamato will still retain its current market share and can increase its share by releasing the obscure aircraft. VF-4, VF-3000, and the VF-5000 until they can get the rights from Bandai.

I would hope that Hasegawa could make 1/72 models of the VF-25 and VF-171 to satisfy the modeler "scale slaves".

But the only bad part of Bandai getting the license is that Graham will have to build a new network for intelligence on new toy releases. I doubt that Bandai will give up any information to anyone linked to Yamato.

APPLAUSE Please!!!!

hahahahahahahahah!!!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ouiqr4

Sheryl Nomu - Lyrics

Juu yoku HAPPY DAY

Kaza'n mitai ni :blink:

Kimi wa shite no watashi no BEATING HEART...

Mo SONG no GALAXY, soberi ochi ta na POISON SET

Nando kukoto ne daita na KISSu de

Tori ko e no hara de kona no

Suri no sobe'hajime yuki mashou

Motte ke YOU :blink: THE DAY

Koko de keru na FIGHTo

X'tashi koga shitte yo

Tonde ke kimi no muneni SWEET

Oma kaza shite sa i

Motto yu kushi de age no ageru

:blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

Don't be late my private...

:lol:

Richar, is that the complete song uploaded or a snippet? I wonder if Yoko Kanno did the instrumentals.

English Subs/Petition question.

I've been a long time fan, but recently joined these forums, so I apologize in advance if this has been discussed already.

I wanted to know if Kawamori was aware and/or has made any comments regarding the Macross fanbase outside of Japan, we all know the issues with Harmony Gold has kept them from releasing stuff overseas, but maybe there's a way to cater to the worldwide fan base by just adding multiple language subs on the Macross F DVD releases, and letting the fans import the DVD's themselves, bypassing the lincense issue with HG. I specifically mentioned subs and not dubs due to the difference in cost, I'm sure there'll be enough demand of the worldwide fanbase for satelight to invest on subs.

Any opinions?

Richar, is that the complete song uploaded or a snippet? I wonder if Yoko Kanno did the instrumentals.

I´m sorry..snippet version...

The entire muisc wasn't released yet.. maybe only 2008...

This version is from Macross Frontier trailer.

I've been a long time fan, but recently joined these forums, so I apologize in advance if this has been discussed already.

I wanted to know if Kawamori was aware and/or has made any comments regarding the Macross fanbase outside of Japan, we all know the issues with Harmony Gold has kept them from releasing stuff overseas, but maybe there's a way to cater to the worldwide fan base by just adding multiple language subs on the Macross F DVD releases, and letting the fans import the DVD's themselves, bypassing the lincense issue with HG. I specifically mentioned subs and not dubs due to the difference in cost, I'm sure there'll be enough demand of the worldwide fanbase for satelight to invest on subs.

Any opinions?

It'll be fansubbed and available for download within a few days of each airing, I would wager. Don't hold your breath on anything beyond that.

It'll be fansubbed and available for download within a few days of each airing, I would wager. Don't hold your breath on anything beyond that.

Well yeah, that's to be expected, but I much rather get a real release. My real interest is to know whether or not Kawamori and the people at Satelight are aware that there's interest in Macross F outside of Japan, I think an investment in subs would be minimal.

I agree. They've used that method right from the very beginning of Macross so it makes great sense to continue it. But I wonder if they will also tie in M0 or not because of it's separation time-wise.

I hope they cover the whole chronology...

... although I think that an updated version of A Future Chronicle would be better, maybe they could include it with the first DVD of Macross F :)

As only a limited number of Megaroads were produced, before switching to the New Macross Class ships, I doubt the Megaroad shown in the clip will be part of the Frontier fleet.

As others have suggested, we probably just see it referred to in flashback.

Graham

Sweetness, I really hope that we are going to be getting some refined footage and not the current material. :)

Hah, just how refined do you want it to be? The animation quality in the preview clips looked pretty damn good to me so far!

Graham

The one criticism I have of the VF-25 are the narrow boxy shoulders. They look like Happy Meal boxes or detachable side speakers from an old 90s era boombox. Super Bass Mode in effect.

Who's to say the shoulders are not speakers? If the VF-19Kai can have speakers in it's shoulders, why not the VF-25 as well.

Bomba!

Graham

Well yeah, that's to be expected, but I much rather get a real release. My real interest is to know whether or not Kawamori and the people at Satelight are aware that there's interest in Macross F outside of Japan, I think an investment in subs would be minimal.

He is aware, however even if he wishes F to be released in America, its up to Big West to decide and negotiate its release here, as well as overcome the legal hurdles.

To my knowledge the VF-1 and VF-0 had splitter plates as well, only they folded up for fighter mode. Very excited for this series, I hope its an early spring release.

Kawamori and Big West are well aware of the popularity of Macross outside of Japan. However, Big West have always seemed to me to be rather apathetic about the market outside of Japan.

I know Yamato would love to be able to sell their Macross toys internationally, but they don't want the cost/hassle from the ensuing legal battle.

Big West could probably afford the cost, as apparently they are quite wealthy, but they just don't seem to care that much, at least that's the impression I get. Perhaps with Frontier, things will change, especially if Bandai gets behind the push to market Frontier overseas.

Graham

I know this has probably been covered already, but who will have merchandising rights to frontier? Will it rest solely with Bandai or will others like Yamato share rights as well?

Any opinions?

Someone posted a semi-recent article, with Egan Loo interviewing Haruhiko Mikimoto, in which he expressed a very knowledgable opinion on the U.S. rights issues. So I'm sure Kawamori is quite aware too.

Who's to say the shoulders are not speakers? If the VF-19Kai can have speakers in it's shoulders, why not the VF-25 as well.

Bomba!

Graham

You must not speak of that which should not be named. N-n-n-n-not S-s-sound Force!! Anything but that.

The less we hear/see of Macross 7 characters in Frontier, the better. Asking to see them in Frontier would be like asking to see Star Trek Voyager characters in the new Star Trek movie. Or having a Star Wars story where Jake Lloyd's Anakin travels through a spacetime warp into Empire Strikes Back and follows Darth Vader around the whole movie adding Yays and Whoopees everytime Vader says or does something. BAAAAD!

Edited by Seven

I think at the very least there will be references in Macross Frontier to Macross 7, especially if that series is any indication. I suppose the references may be limited or absent if Macross Frontier is a "reboot" or an attempt to distance itself from the rest of the Macross franchise as some have suggested. But the one television sequel has been a link to the original and I suspect this next television show would do the same, all thing being equal. Not that i'm hoping for that at all :) I'd much rather they don't bother with too much Macross history. This is sort of a chance for Macross to go into some bold new territory without bearing the burden of too many events for the past franchise productions.

Kawamori and Big West are well aware of the popularity of Macross outside of Japan. However, Big West have always seemed to me to be rather apathetic about the market outside of Japan.

I know Yamato would love to be able to sell their Macross toys internationally, but they don't want the cost/hassle from the ensuing legal battle.

Big West could probably afford the cost, as apparently they are quite wealthy, but they just don't seem to care that much, at least that's the impression I get. Perhaps with Frontier, things will change, especially if Bandai gets behind the push to market Frontier overseas.

Graham

That is the most likely possibility. BW doesn't seem to want to get caught up "alone" in a legal battle over Macross rights. If Bandai, who has an interest in exploiting the Western market shares the costs, then it may go there.

The fact that WB has bought the RT rights and it appears that Maguire wants to do a Macross based movie, is another prompt for them to nail down who actually owns what with respect to Macross in the US courts.

There is a lot of money to be made by the producers and sponsors of the show(s) now that the anime market has been established in the West.

You must not speak of that which should not be named. N-n-n-n-not S-s-sound Force!! Anything but that.

:lol: LOL, that makes me laugh everytime I see it.... :)

I hope M7 gets relegated to a television series within the timeline status.

bleh, M7 happened, lets all move on. Fans will be dying from anuerisms if Kawamori tells us that M7 was ALSO a meta show... because that will mean a meta-character (myelene) will have been affected by the meta-movie (DYRL)... and that's just too bizzare.

bleh, M7 happened, lets all move on. Fans will be dying from anuerisms if Kawamori tells us that M7 was ALSO a meta show... because that will mean a meta-character (myelene) will have been affected by the meta-movie (DYRL)... and that's just too bizzare.

Not really. M7 fans still get what M7 fans like, and anti-M7 fans still get the bits and pieces of the series which anti-M7 fans like, and everyone gets the gist of the story which really happened. Oh, and why is the Exedol head the one from DYRL, anyway, and not the one from the SDFM?

Not really. M7 fans still get what M7 fans like, and anti-M7 fans still get the bits and pieces of the series which anti-M7 fans like, and everyone gets the gist of the story which really happened. Oh, and why is the Exedol head the one from DYRL, anyway, and not the one from the SDFM?

maybe something happened during the couple of DECADES between SDFM and M7?

maybe something happened during the couple of DECADES between SDFM and M7?

Well he was pretty old. Maybe its the affects of aging and returning to larger size.

I hope the enemies have variable mecha, it would be interesting, and Macross Zero/7 wet my appetite for this to happen. I wonder if Alto and Ozma are from the same squadron, the logos on the tails are cleverly hidden in the pics shown thus far.

Also wondering if the ventral fins on the VF-25 function like horizontal stabilizers, or if they are just stationary.

The fact that WB has bought the RT rights and it appears that Maguire wants to do a Robotech based movie, is another prompt for them to nail down who actually owns what with respect to Macross in the US courts.

Corrected.

What we will probably see is something much like how Mylene remembers Minmei with how the Frontier cast remembers Basara and Fire Bomber, heros and idols of another era.