The Monster Squad

Ladic

I use to love this movie as a kid in the 80's, I havent seen it in a good 14 or 15 years, I bet it would be really cheese now :p

I wish they would release this thing on DVD here in the US, I know there is an oversees edition of the DVD, but its Fullscreen and the screencaps look like its just a rip of the VHS edition.

14ws.jpg

40wg.jpg

54em.jpg

63xz.jpg

85wi.jpg

119yd.jpg

124da.jpg

I loved that movie as a kid, all the great universal studios monsters together in one place, and really the storyline wasn't too bad. No major plot holes, that I can remember, and the characters all stayed pretty true to themselves. Give me that movie over that POS Van Helsing anyday, well Van Helsing did have one or two redeeming features, or should I say a couple pair of redeeming features?

I loved that movie as a kid, all the great universal studios monsters together in one place, and really the storyline wasn't too bad.  No major plot holes, that I can remember, and the characters all stayed pretty true to themselves.  Give me that movie over that POS Van Helsing anyday, well Van Helsing did have one or two redeeming features, or should I say a couple pair of redeeming features?

394263[/snapback]

Damn right!!! This flick was fun as a kid. Van Helsing is the typical easy to swallow Hollywood crap that they keep pumping out with "special effects-CG" that try and sell the film. If this was made 15-20 yrs ago w/out the CG imagine how much worse it would be...

I remember watching this as a double feature with a movie called The Gate... and by double feature I mean sneaking in to the other theatre as a kid. :D

394359[/snapback]

Both good movies! Monster Squad ruled! It definitely needs a DVD release.

I always wondered how the kids in The Gate explained that gaping hole, where the living room used to be. :ph34r:

"Of Course he wore pants, those movies were made in like the 50s, otherwise people would see his Wolfdork."

As a kid the Gate scared the P!$$ out of me, that movie had me freaked out about creatures in the walls for a while.

Wolfman's got nards!!

394428[/snapback]

Damn it. I was gonna say that.

- C

394436[/snapback]

ditto :lol:

394465[/snapback]

Me Too!! :p I loved this movie as well!

Chris

Monster Squad is a classic. Fun movie.

I saw the Gate as a kid too, and I also found it quite scary back then.

Damn I loved that movie.I went and got the overseas version from ebay.I heard they were supposed to re-release it last year on holloween.I also heard the "Fat Kid" committed suicide a aome time back.

"My name is Hoarace!"

• 2 years later...
Our childhood is getting raped once again :wacko:

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/07/16/para...-monster-squad/

KAAAAHHHHNNNNN!!!!!!!!!

Damn I loved that movie.I went and got the overseas version from ebay.I heard they were supposed to re-release it last year on holloween.I also heard the "Fat Kid" committed suicide a aome time back.

"My name is Hoarace!"

I believe he died of pnuemonia, actually.

Edited by Greyryder

I believe he died of pnuemonia, actually.

I went through the extras on the 20th anniversary disk, and they mentioned that he did. He was also quite young when it happened. The dvd is *real* nice, btw.