New Yamato 1/48 GBP Pics

Graham

Here's the latest pics of Yamato's upcoming 1/48 GBP armor from the just published May 2005 issue of Dengeki Hobby magazine.

For the first time, we get to see an actual physical sculpt of the shoulder and forearm armor, rather than just CAD drawings.

It looks like all the missiles from the shoulders and forearms will be removable. There's some nice detail on the inside of the missile bays.

Although the VF-1J in the photo is shown with DYRL type hands, from the pics of the forearm armor it looks to me that the TV bubble type hands should fit as well.

I'm still not too happy that just like it's smaller 1/60 scale cousin, the larger 1/48 version still has to use false shoulder covers in order to fit the shoulder missile launchers. I guess we have no choice but to live with this :( . I notice that the false shoulder covers seem to have a small sliding cover on the side.

One thing which I find very interesting is the addition of side armor to fill the gap between the battroid's chest and back plates.

Graham

Well, at least its still in the works... heh :blink:

Any idea how the 1/48 gbp is going to be packaged yet? Will it only come individually or are they also going to make a vf-1j set w/gbp like they did with 1/60 version?

i so want this, this is got to be the best upcoming product yet , if only they would consider doing a 1/48 CF or a Elint it would be perfect.

chris

wow i cannot wait to see the customs this site comes up with for this. B)) it looks like this one so far will be a lot more sturdy and less likley to fall off like the 1/60 version was.

chris

hopefully they have learned from the 1/60, the lower arm piece looks like it is going to hold pretty well with those tabs i hope they can do something like that for the groin.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Looking forward to buying this.

The 1/48s are all females just like the skinny banprestos.

Err, I dunno. Shades of missiles dropping all over the place comes to mind. Otherwise, looks good.

All my fast pack missiles seem pretty secure, I just had to rearrange them so that tight missiles go to loose holding places, while loose missiles go to tight holding places.

Maybe they should make the missiles out of rubber like the clown hands this time? It could be worse: they could have went all Qrau lazy on us and had swappable pieces. ie one shoulder with the cover closed, another shoulder with cover open; with fixed misiles molded together as a single plastic piece. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Graham, was there any mention of the VF-0S in the magazine? I am still holding on hope for that.

Thanks for the info Graham, lookingforward to seeing more pictures.

Twich

There's hope yet at least. Too bad they didn't design the 1/48th with the GBP in mind, so that the shoulders wouldn't need a cover piece in order to fit the shoulder missle launchers. Ah well, at least it looks absolutely gorgeous, with tons of detail. I hope they release a set that comes with a VF-1J (as well as one without for those that already have it).

As expected, it's looking pretty good. I know it's going to be expensive so the quality better be good. I know Yamato isn't known for top-notch quality but the 1/48 armor better at least stay.

Something else I just thought of. With all that detail, how heavy is this armor going to be? The 1/48 is pretty sturdy so I hope it can support the weight.

I ALMOST held out on teh 1/60 lol..... but I found one cheap and for the price I can't really complain. I was expecting this one too. I hope it doesn't end up too heavy. The hips could be an issue if it ends up really big assed... and general balance. Hopefully it wont be a problem tho.

It's good to see that his product has now gone past the vaporware stage :)

Looking good so far except for the shoulder covers. Gotta give some props to the old 1/55 chunky-monkey for not resorting to that :) After looking at those forearms, it seems that Eternal D's custom block hands will compliment the GBP perfectly. I just wonder if Yamato will throw in their own custom block hands, the regular mickey mouse hands, or nothing?

Thanks for the great scans Graham!

Heck. When I see the words Macross and Yamato in the same sentence. ANY news is good news.

I think the 1/48 GBP Armor is looking great.

Graham. How do you think they'll attach that side armor?

Great news! This will be a welcome addition to my 1/48 shelf.

Looks like I'll have to resort to the foam rubber trick again to eliminate the need for the shoulder covers.

The rubber missile idea that was mentioned earlier in this thread would be great. I have a lot of missiles on my fast packs that just won't stay in place even after I've swapped them around numerous times.

Graham, was there any mention of the VF-0S in the magazine? I am still holding on hope for that.

Nope, no news of the 1/100 VF-0S. It's been 6 months now since any of the hobby magazines had any new pictures or info. Add to that the fact that Yamato did not have the VF-0S on display at last month's Wonder Fest, then I have a nasty feeling that it has been dropped from their production schedule.

Graham

Even though Graham's not in Yamato's back pocket anymore, Graham pulls through in getting us the latest and greatest in Yamato Macross news and developments! B))

Sucks that Macross Zero is getting the cold shoulder from Yamato. :(