SCOOP thread!

EXO

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can not wait to finally get a DYRL VF 1A Cannon Fodder in 1/60 scale! I hope BigBadToyStore will have these for preorder soon. To bad Max's VF 1S is not in this current line up with the optional parts as I still need this valkyrie. Here is hoping for a possible Fall/Winter release :D

The DYRL head is different from the TV style.

Ah, doh - epic face palm. As a Macross freak for almost 20 years, I feel a great shame for over looking this.

I bring great dishonour to my clan. I guess I was looking for a difference in paint scheme.

I don't see any difference between the DYRL and TV CF-VF-1A? The hands would be different I guess?

Other than the DYRL A head and fixed-posed hands, it also appears to come with the DYRL pilot, gray instead of white (matching the DYRL skull squadron), no brownish color on the feet and intake covers, and has ARMD 01 tampo printed on the tails instead of Prometheus.

Hopefully it will comes with some different squadron roundels for the fast packs, and maybe red leg circles, so we can recreate the DYRL CFs shown in the hangar.

Ah, doh - epic face palm. As a Macross freak for almost 20 years, I feel a great shame for over looking this.

I bring great dishonour to my clan. I guess I was looking for a difference in paint scheme.

Ok, we'll let you slide this one time!! :p

Although even I missed that (what danbickell mentioned) that the feet, intakes are grey instead of brown. So definitely some subtle differences. But I want that VF-1S Hikaru w/Strike Armor!! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

I don't see any difference between the DYRL and TV CF-VF-1A? The hands would be different I guess?

Look closely at the head. The sculpt is different. Also the general tone of the color seems to be a little bit darker.

Looks like Yamato planned a roadmap for all the 1/60 v2 series renewal.

I already own a VF-1A, I don't need a second one with otpional parts, though it might be a good thing for those who still don't have one (that's easy money for Yamato, almost a shame take an old Valk, a 3 pieces of plastic, say it's new/ ???/ profit).

I'd rather be looking for a VT-1 or VE-1 with optional parts, I'm sure it'll come soon at this rate.

I am not interested in buying this now but can these optional parts can be found in a bundle somewhere without the mecha? I was also wondering if there was a possibility to find a recast of a VF-1# 's gunpod (or a gunpod as a spare part)?

Edited by Loute

Good to hear that Micheal's Valk is next, but I'll save the celebrations for until I have it displayed in my glass shelf. Got blind-sided the last time when my local hobby store couldn't come through with the VF-25S Ozma I pre-ordered.