Please Read

Pierre

Just thought to put this up so this wont happen to anybody else. Today the left arm broke off at the bicep cover, I was shocked considering this was my first time transforming the 0a since Sept, during which it was in fighter mode on a display stand. I was able to fix it by taking apart the arm so please remove the screw on the bicep cover and lossen the screw on the forarm just enough so it comes off the end of the arm. If you doo see a crack put super glue or epoxy to fill the crack. I decided to inspect the right arm to see if there was anything going on with it and it was also cracked. I had to glue the bicep cover to the left arm because the joint snapped into 3 different peices. I think the 0s does not have this problem the bicep covers are glued to the arm so it must reinforce the arms.

Just thought to put this up so this wont happen to anybody else. Today the left arm broke off at the bicep cover, I was shocked considering this was my first time transforming the 0a since Sept, during which it was in fighter mode on a display stand. I was able to fix it by taking apart the arm so please remove the screw on the bicep cover and lossen the screw on the forarm just enough so it comes off the end of the arm. If you doo see a crack put super glue or epoxy to fill the crack. I decided to inspect the right arm to see if there was anything going on with it and it was also cracked. I had to glue the bicep cover to the left arm because the joint snapped into 3 different peices. I think the 0s does not have this problem the bicep covers are glued to the arm so it must reinforce the arms.

Thanks for the info Pierre. Pictures might help us visualize your description though.

IO, you're pretty much spot on... same thing happened to me after I tightened up the shoulders with nail polish and screwing...

Guess I'm the only one who got super tight shoulders, I had to loosen the screws a little bit. My VF-0A shoulders are intact. I did the same with the Garland to release tension.

It's murphy's law at it's best, you stop tightening the screw when you break it <_<

This is worrying, but it's too early to start to panic. Hopefully it's just a few isolated incidences of drastically overtightened screws and not another full-blown VF-11B epidemic.

AFAIK, only 2 or is it 3 MWers have reported this problem with their VF-0A so far?

Still, I'll be checking my three VF-0A when I get home.

Oh, and can we have some photos from those who have had the toys arms break, so I can pass the pics onto Yamato.

Graham

So just to confirm then - once I get my VF-0A, I should immediately unscrew the shoulder assembly and loosen up the bicep screws? Is there anything else I should do to make sure the arms don't snap off of my expensive christmas gift?

I loosened the screws one turn just because the shoulders of my VF-0A were ultra tight!!!

If you don't receive a lemmon (it occasionaly happens) you should be okay :) Play with it or just display it but don't worry it won't self destruct :lol:

same thing happened to me after I tightened up the shoulders with nail polish and screwing...

Same thing happened to me at the shoulders with my 0S about a week ago. Turned it too tight and I saw a crack. Luckily it didn't break into pieces, it's still holding together but I'll have to glue it to reinforce it.

I also theorise with that delicate shoulder assembly, that multiple transformations that involve a bit of a pull to get the arms out from fighter to GERWALK will stress the shoulders. Sometimes that bracket doesn't clear from the body of the fighter to swing out.

My 0A's shoulders were never too tight, and I always handled it like a virgin during the F mode to G/B mode transformation. Still, the shoulder broke. Since I've fixed it with epoxy, I've left it in fighter mode, which looks the best anyways :p . Yamato just made the tolerences too tight around the shoulder/intake/swingbar area for stress-free transformation.

Just opened my VF xmas gift, and noticed that both shoulders were a little loose. I looked in and saw that the left arm had a nice large crack in it! It's almost completely broken off. I crazy glued it now, but feel absolutely nauseous inside. I feel like i've just pissed away 200 dollars for nothing!

Dammit! I passed on MP 03 Starscream to get this figure because I thought it would be sturdier, but wound up with a broken toy anyway. I'm really pissed right now, this has ruined xmas for me.

What the hell can I do about this? Does Yamato offer individual parts for sale for the VF-0's? Should I try to superheat the plastic and melt it back together? Or is crazy glue and nervous fear anytime I transform this figure the only option for me now? ARGH.

Edited by Magnus

Just checked the shoulders on my VF-0 toys last night (4 x VF-0S & 3 x VF-0A) and thankfully all are fine.

Graham

Graham, considering how rough you are transforming these things, I find that hard to believe :lol:. Let us know how the 0A shoulders fare after the transformation video...

HEh Well Actually I never tightened any screw on my 0a I was trying to to bend the lower arm at the elbow when it flew off. I started looking through the posts here and saw some of us were having trouble with loos shoulders. My 0A had loose shoulders too but that never bothered me before,but i decided I should check them out. I took off the outher halves of the shoulder armor and there were cracks that winded around the inner shoulder. Mind you I never wonce tried to take the arm off at the ball socket I removed them at the under side of the back plate so robot arm and the swiveling arm were in one peice. No brute force on any part of the 0a. I Really think It might be a good idea if yamato decides to use p.o.m for all of the upper arm parts that act as "bones" for their future releases. ;) I wish I had a digital camera to take some pics. I also took of my 0s' shoulder armor and ther were stress marks in the upper arms also. They are in the area Under the circular pegs the outer shoulder armor rotates on.

From what I can tell from reading through the various VF-0 threads, we so far have 9 reported incidences of VF-0A or VF-0S shoulders already cracked or showing stress marks.

The following members have reported this problem: -

1) Gatillero PR.

2) Pierre.

3) prometheum 5.

4) UN Spacy.

5) Scream Man.

6) Master of Puppets.

7) Ghostryder.

8) Magnus.

9) eugimon.

Anybody else? I'd like to keep a running total.

Hardly an epidemic yet, but still cause for concern.

Graham

I couldn't find that stuff when I went looking for it. Would you recommend using it ontop of already applied krazy glue, or do you think that'd be overkill?

If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

If it does break and you want to try epoxy, go to an automotive store - they should have different brands of 2-part epoxies for plastic/soft plastic.

checked over what I have

0S #1 - crack in left shoulder socket

0S #2 - what looks to be a rubber washer sqeezing out of right shoulder socket

0A #1 - returned when left arm shattered at bicep, and right shoulder had cracks.

0A replacment - seems fine at the moment

0A #2 - also seems fine at the moment.

i think part of the problem is thatt he shoulder is a joint u HAVE to put a fir bir of pressure on when u transform. U basically pull down on the arm to get it to shift round for G and B modes.

I plan on waiting for the next 0S to come out (The infamous v2) and iof its in good shap, Ill get it. and Ill get the shin with ghost, though i really hope the issue has been fixed on it