Please Read

Pierre

I have this response from HLJ :

"Dear Sir/Madam;

Thank you for your business with HobbyLink Japan.

We have received your parts request and are processing it now. As soon as

we hear anything back from the manufacturer, we will pass that information

along to you and/or ship your parts."

?? They no hear anything about this from the manufacturer ???

Maybe Beware of blast says the truth....

I'm going to be nuts.... My VF-0 have his shoulder broken.... Aaaaaah...

Hmmm... I talked to the same guy as well.. and probably got the same response, haven't checked yet... I hope this works out in our favor...

And BoB, I really don't think the incessant ranting is necessary in a thread such as this which has nothing to do with the 'problems' at large or anything, but rather is simply a thread for all of the people with the same issue to get it resolved together... maybe you should just take your whining elsewhere please.

Hmmm... I talked to the same guy as well.. and probably got the same response, haven't checked yet... I hope this works out in our favor...

And BoB, I really don't think the incessant ranting is necessary in a thread such as this which has nothing to do with the 'problems' at large or anything, but rather is simply a thread for all of the people with the same issue to get it resolved together... maybe you should just take your whining elsewhere please.

You want me to give you what you want? Do me a favor first - when YOU make the obtaining of the spare arms without hassle and make damn sure that Yamato don't fvck-up so much, then you may come talk to me about the incessant ranting. In the meantime, you can choose from either playing quietly with your soon-to-be armless VF0 in a corner, or beg really hard with the HLJ people not to monkey around with you too much.

You really don't think? I'm very convinced now you never did at all.

Edited by Beware of Blast

Let's all just pump the breaks and go easy. There is no reason to get hostile.

Guys ya' just have to stop trying to bust BoB's chops.

Its not working.

He has a right to post here, and he has his own home PC so you can't really get him to stop or ease up.

And he won't change 'til Yamato either pays him back in full, or fixes the mistakes and release a toy he can't complain about.

Face it, when Toynami fcuked up many people here lynching them just as hard.

(And some still are.) :ph34r:

I say, we weather the storm and wait for things get better.

After all they are only toys (addictive crack-like toys nonetheless) B))

I got a reply back from the HLJ and they're telling me that these parts are in limited quantity? And they wanted to know specifically which arm I wanted...?

I didn't think that the part-halves were arm-specific. It looks like you would just flip them around from one arm to the other.

I'm sure by now, this has got to be a widespread problem, even in Japan. I'm seriously waiting quite awhile now for the VF-0A Shin w/Ghost or any new Yamato release (with the exception of any new VF-1's) to see how those hold up over time. I can't justfiy buying a $150+ toy that breaks through no fault of my own or some act of God.

Let's all just pump the breaks and go easy. There is no reason to get hostile.

Guys ya' just have to stop trying to bust BoB's chops.

Its not working.

He has a right to post here, and he has his own home PC so you can't really get him to stop or ease up.

And he won't change 'til Yamato either pays him back in full, or fixes the mistakes and release a toy he can't complain about.

Face it, when Toynami fcuked up many people here lynching them just as hard.

(And some still are.) :ph34r:

I say, we weather the storm and wait for things get better.

After all they are only toys (addictive crack-like toys nonetheless) B))

Ya know, as much as I would like to applaud everyone who has shown calm and class in the whole Yamato fiasco (because you're all mature & decent people), right now I feel like planting my foot on everyone of your arses because it is thru you people's patience & understanding & neverending support for Yamato that have brought us into this messy complication.

You know when you're fvcked enough when you're also given BS hassle for overdue owed spare parts. You guys practically raised a monster - and you still wanna be nice about it? An Ebay seller doing sh1t like these would earned him 7 years of negative feedbacks and got his arse arrested already - so fvck you all!

You see, people do understand your need to vent and to be angry, but it's comments like the last which just put that all aside and earn you nothing but a well deserved kickbox to the head.

There's a difference between being nice ad being civil. I certainly don't pander to anyone at Yamato but at least I don't take it out on other people.

Edited by kensei

Parts will be available and not just through HLJ.

Any Japanese toy store can contact Yamato and request parts.

So if any Japan based MWers are friendly with any Japanese toy stores, ask them to contact Yamato and if you want to help out, set up a bulk buy and help with distributing the parts to MWers.

Don't worry about HLJ's reply. These parts are fresh from the factory and it takes time to get the information passed from Yamato to HLJ. I've known some companies it takes them a year just to issue a part number for a new item, so things seem to be moving ahead on track.

Less panicking please.

Graham

Graham, it's the collectors' wrath for blood that Yamato should be getting. They oughta be thankful for panicking buyers.

Kensei, I'm being chastised for being mean to people on the internet... I'm sure that makes you an 8 X better person than me. :lol:

BoB, You've been b!tching and whining for months now. During those months you could have tried to do something about the problem instead of just bother us with it. Have you?

Heh, you just answered your own question. I wonder why do you even bother.

Parts will be available and not just through HLJ.

Any Japanese toy store can contact Yamato and request parts.

So if any Japan based MWers are friendly with any Japanese toy stores, ask them to contact Yamato and if you want to help out, set up a bulk buy and help with distributing the parts to MWers.

Don't worry about HLJ's reply. These parts are fresh from the factory and it takes time to get the information passed from Yamato to HLJ. I've known some companies it takes them a year just to issue a part number for a new item, so things seem to be moving ahead on track.

Less panicking please.

Graham

aren't you in japan? i don't know if this is asking too much but how about you get the parts for us? you already have a established relationship with yamato and i'm sure the surrounding toy stores in your area. i'll be glad to do all the legwork stateside to get them out to everyone. :)

aren't you in japan? i don't know if this is asking too much but how about you get the parts for us? you already have a established relationship with yamato and i'm sure the surrounding toy stores in your area. i'll be glad to do all the legwork stateside to get them out to everyone. :)

Seconded.

Any help you need, let me know

Graham is located in Hong Kong. It's close, but it's not Japan.

Sorry, I've been gone for a bit but I thought this was a topic about those unfortunate souls who need replacement parts. Instead there is alot of flame spray that basically boils down to a persons inablilty to keep calm. Just trying to figure something out to put things into perspective...this is a fan site, right? For the most part we all enjoy our product, right? Why is it we all have to be persecuted for the cumulative negative experiences that the few have had...sure it is the given right of EVERYONE to complain but I don't recall it extending to inflicting onself on the masses. Think about it, we are (for the most part) all grown, so why are some here *&tchin about toys? Hard earned money spent, yes, we all get the picture. Just register a complaint, find a way to fix your item and keep moving...positively. I, personally have had no issues with my collection. I'm cool with it but I find it personally insulting when I get called out for enjoying my problem-free eye candies. Get a bad product and you have a right to *&tch at the company but not at the company you keep...

Edited by Bmaximum

You see, people do understand your need to vent and to be angry, but it's comments like the last which just put that all aside and earn you nothing but a well deserved kickbox to the head.

There's a difference between being nice ad being civil. I certainly don't pander to anyone at Yamato but at least I don't take it out on other people.

QFT

If yamato know what is causing the problem, such that they can actually correct it, that is all that matters to me in the future. That, in the end we do get a "closer to perfection" toy each step.

It's good to complain about something that needs to be fixed, but at least try to do it in a way that explains the problem or they might think you are just being rude. Help fix the prob, not the blame. Like for the xbox360 overheating problems there are things you can do to fix this problem so it's never an issue anymore. Something that was fixed by owners with the problem who decided to do something about it. There are many happy people now that the solution has been found for a permanent fix, who now don't have to chuck it in the bin. It now means any future owner of an overheating system has the knowledge to do something about the overheating problem if it ever comes about and the warranty is up.

What's better? just sitting around doing nothing, (generic complaint about yamato qc) or actually trying to figure the problem out by coming up with a theory that causes it, and helping others to come up with ideas on how to get it fixed to improve the later releases so we can all get the best version we can? I'm thinking that yamato might be ignorant that there is a problem altogether, so any suggestion is going to help for future buyers as they will apply the combined knowledge from owners on what is needed to strengthen and improve the durability.

That's one of the reasons I didn't get the original release garland, or toynami alpha. I was waiting for the company to try to find a way to apply some kind of fix or solution. But not put off from purchase altogether. That doesn't mean I am easy to please with low standards. Just that instead of anger, I wish for a better and better version as time goes by, through being in support for a given product on a case by case basis where I expect each new release to have problems unique to it that may not be issues with other products which were made differently. It would be easy to just be angry at toynami or bandai, but it doesn't achieve anything if the company doesn't know (is ignorant of) what is so bad about the thing they made. Helping them make it better is going to make future people happy. (fixes on xbox360 is the best example I can come up with. We've all established that MS are to blame, now focus on the solution. Phase 1 is over)

Similarly we know yamato screwed up, now we have to explain the problem clearly, let them know through giving the relevent info, not just generic bashing and emotion. (which is understandable from the viewpoint of someone who has just blown all that money, but isn't necessarily going to lead to getting things done faster, as they might just misinterpret it as the ravings of an internet troll and not a unsatisfied customer who they would value)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

• 5 months later...

So I got back from a six month deployment about 1 1/2 months ago, openned my VF-0A that I had sent home to me during that time, and lo and behold, it didn't even make it to Gerwalk before the arms broke. I told HLJ that it arrived that way, and said the pitot was broken too, just because I didn't trust it, and within two weeks there were new parts at my house, free of charge. Of course, right after I replaced them, I dropped it and broke the head laser, but that's another matter entirely, the point is, if any one has purchased one from HLJ, has broken arms, and HAS NOT already contacted HLJ, tell them that it arrived that way. It may be that Yamato are reluctant to replace parts for free that may have broken as a result of rough treatment.

just my 2 cents...

Anyone have a replacement -0A head they want to part with??

*edited for spelling

Edited by warrhead

Too late for me to try that, since mine broke quite a while after having received my 0A. I still have to get around to epoxying those damned shoulders. :angry:

Not necessarily, I bought this while I was on cruise, and only just got around to opening it about a month ago... 2 1/2 months after I bought it. Anyway, even if YOU broke it and have to buy replacements, they were really responsive to me about getting me parts. My CM's Griffon also came with a broken ankle and HLJ were really responsive about that too. Anyway, it doesn't hurt to ask...

As for how they're holding up, I just switched them out yesterday so I'll keep y'all posted. You oughtta get replacements anyway, if for no other reason than to eiher install them and sell it, or have them available to the next guy when you sell it as is... if you don't want to fix 'em, do you want to sell me the head?

Hey everyone, I'm selling a 0A right now. It has two arms that aren't broken and a perfectly fine head. Maybe if someone needs one arm, another person needs another, and another person needs a head it could get parted out? I dunno, just a thought.

Here, here! I'd buy replacement arms too if I could, but I didn't get my VF-0A from HLJ.

Graham, any possibility that Yamato will these arms available?

HLJ doesn't care if you bought the valk from them or not, since they CHARGE you for the arms anyways, just email them.