Please Read

Pierre

What eugimon said. But when it comes to Yamato, it's Pieces Of Manure.

I dont care what they use cause yamato should replace all our defective products

I just checked my VF-0S and yes it has hairline stress marks

1. I loosened the screws

2. Crazy Glued along the cracks to reinforce the plastic and ever so gentle with it

THis is not a model! I should not have to handle this thing this way, which is why I paid 200 bucks for it....

oh and add insult to injury yamato will only make replacement parts available to Japanese customers how IRONIC!! since i purchased the dam thing in Canada!!!!!!

You what...customers decide with their feet....So long Yamato you had my last dollar!!!!!!

As for Graham. I dont why you defend Yamatos shabby quality, maybe your an employee or a retailer thats gets marketing discount credits cause yeah I did take pictures in case you didnt believe me and I will post them as soon as I can!!!!

yours truely

Pissed OFF!

PS Stick to Toynami and Takara products and SOC by bandai THE MP StarScream is far better than these valks or at least better than the old 1/72 scale

Ouch... he said stick to Toynami... if that isn't like taking a running kick at Yamato's nuts I don't know what is! The sad fact remains we are but a small demographic and we are not catered to by toys from big companies putting out big toy runs. As such we are bound to get more than our fair share of flubs. Of course Yamato would love to have free reign to sell their product wherever they would like and support those products but legal reasons make that impossible (you can blame HG, you can blame Bandai, you can blame BW, heck, you may even be able to blame Takatoku). The fact of the matter is that all of us outside Japan are skirting a system meant to keep these toys from us.

I think it's a bit harsh to fault Graham for anything here. Like it or not, Yamato is supporting us with their products even if they can't REALLY support us and Graham is supporting the one company really doing anything for us at the moment (unless you're super hyped at Bandai's 1/144 offering).

Yes, the VF-0s and the YF-19 (apparently) have problems and Yamato is fixing it for the people they can. It's not like Yamato saw it coming and thought it'd be funny to screw those of us getting the product outside of Japan. I agree with everyone here about how lame it is but there's an entire environment at work against us and I, for one, am at least thankful Yamato apparently learns from their mistakes. I will spend a few bucks to get my toys back to tip-top shape, I will be very weary about Yamato's first run products, but I will continue to support my Macross toy slanger ('cause yeah, it's an addiction and they run the cartel).

My 2 cents and it's free to you, take it for what it cost ya.

nugundamII, i understand your unsatisfaction. Also, i do agree that MP Starscream is an EXELLENT toy, and i love it alot, right after my vf-1s roy, and my vf-0a. Also, it costs 50-100% less than the yamato toys, however, i still love my 1/48 vf-1s and vf-0a better.

I do have a good suggestion for you though. Dont buy the 1st edition, or even second edition of the Yamato toys. I am sure the 3rd edition will be a charm. I made the mistake of buying the vf-0s, and boy was that a mistake (though i do like it in plane mode). The vf-0a is so much better, and mine doesnt have any stress mark that i have seen, but i would buy a pair of replacement parts for it, as to me, its worth it. Yes, its that good. You could get it the recast one, its only gonna be 10-15$.

My favorate toys in order are as follows: 1/48 vf-1s, vf-0a (i cant afford the vf-1a low vis 1), MP starscream, MP Optimus, vf-1j stealth.

I havent bought the yf-19 1st version, and happy about my decision. I am hoping second version is the orange or blue, and the third version will be the low vis (the ONLY one i will buy) so it will be perfect.

Good Luck

As for Graham. I dont why you defend Yamatos shabby quality, maybe your an employee or a retailer thats gets marketing discount credits cause yeah I did take pictures in case you didnt believe me and I will post them as soon as I can!!!!

I'd reconsider this statement, if I were you. It doesn't seem fair or particularly well thought out.

I dont care what they use cause yamato should replace all our defective products

I just checked my VF-0S and yes it has hairline stress marks

1. I loosened the screws

2. Crazy Glued along the cracks to reinforce the plastic and ever so gentle with it

THis is not a model! I should not have to handle this thing this way, which is why I paid 200 bucks for it.....

You what...customers decide with their feet....So long Yamato you had my last dollar!!!!!!

Pissed OFF!

While I agree with you that it absolutely SUCKS to get a Brand New toy that screwed up.

I dont see how you can place any blame on Graham.

I'm glad that he provides what ever Info that he can.

Yamato on the other hand , really needs to improve their track record.

Of all the Yamato stuff that I bought I've been lucky. But I shouldnt have

to be "lucky" ALL their stuff should be perfect from the start.

BoB, i think your sig needs some editing. Shouldn't it read:

"If the police horse is absent, the police man will also do"? Also, Graham has a relationship with Yamato, that's more than most of us can say so yeah, he does have an extraordinary tie. I know they ain't shippin' me preproduction samples!! While that does make me a bit jealous, it does not incline me to believe Graham is leading us astray on Yamato's behalf. He has this relationship because he is a fan of Macross and when he sees sweet Macross stuff he touts it. Nothin' wrong with that.

BoB, i think your sig needs some editing. Shouldn't it read:

"If the police horse is absent, the police man will also do"?

LOL! You are right. That sig was written with the colloquial accent that I speak, in mind. Singaporean English or Singlish. The whole thing was also a direct ripoff of Neil French's XO beer print ad. :lol:

Edited by Beware of Blast

I'd reconsider this statement, if I were you. It doesn't seem fair or particularly well thought out.

it's ass backwards is what it is. Graham went to bat for us and got yamato to make changes and offer replacements.

i understand that this guy is upset, but yelling at graham, who is going out of his way to help us, is just lame.

oh and add insult to injury yamato will only make replacement parts available to Japanese customers how IRONIC!! since i purchased the dam thing in Canada!!!!!!

You guys have to remember that THERE IS NO AMERICAN CUSTOMER BASE in Yamato's eyes. Due to legal constraints and issues, WE AREN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO HAVE THESE TOYS. Yamato has NO responsibility to American purchasers of their products; we are on the fringe, and because of that we're being treated as so. If the U.S. was an official customer of Yamato I'm sure they would provide the appropriate levels of customer service...

You guys have to remember that THERE IS NO AMERICAN CUSTOMER BASE in Yamato's eyes. Due to legal constraints and issues, WE AREN'T EVEN SUPPOSED TO HAVE THESE TOYS. Yamato has NO responsibility to American purchasers of their products; we are on the fringe, and because of that we're being treated as so. If the U.S. was an official customer of Yamato I'm sure they would provide the appropriate levels of customer service...

Someday I hope they'll (all the Companies) get together and finally resolve this.

Then we'll get all Macross items without so many hassles. I hope its soon.

it's ass backwards is what it is. Graham went to bat for us and got yamato to make changes and offer replacements.

i understand that this guy is upset, but yelling at graham, who is going out of his way to help us, is just lame.

Im not blaming Graham just that he sounds way to one sided when he talks about Yamato's faults. And the fact that we are not supposed to have their products in the US just because of some legal issues or whatnot doesnt excuse the fact they still pocket the money from our purchases!

Pissed off Hell Yeah

I have already listed the crappy Yammies I have

-VF-1j Stealth 1/48

-Garland

-Koeing Monster

-1/48 VF-0S

all have the same problems and I think its because they took out the diecast otherwise they would think of other creative ways to hold the robot mode together due to the weight!

For Christs sake if you cant make a good plastic toy what can you make!~

it's alanis morrisete ironic. She freaking ruined that word for a whole generation.

Lol. I was gonna' mention that but didn't wanna' go OT. There is not ONE example of irony in that entire song but I guess that's an irony in itself. Maybe that's the point?

Im not blaming Graham just that he sounds way to one sided when he talks about Yamato's faults. And the fact that we are not supposed to have their products in the US just because of some legal issues or whatnot doesnt excuse the fact they still pocket the money from our purchases!

One sided? How's this: Japanese buyers of Yamato Macross products don't suffer the same problems that we do and that's the demographic that they care about. From Yamato and Graham's point of view, it's Westerner's ham-fisted, Big-Mac-grease ridden, dumb-ass, couldn't-transform-a-G1-Bumblebee stubby fingers that are breaking their products, not their engineering. Granted, they've issued fixes then and now for their products but once again, their focus isn't on anyone outside of Japan, and certainly not when Japanese customers aren't experiencing breakage on a noteable scale...

Edited by myk

Pissed off Hell Yeah

I have already listed the crappy Yammies I have

-VF-1j Stealth 1/48

-Garland

-Koeing Monster

-1/48 VF-0S

all have the same problems and I think its because they took out the diecast otherwise they would think of other creative ways to hold the robot mode together due to the weight!

For Christs sake if you cant make a good plastic toy what can you make!~

uhm... you think yamato's problems are because they took out diecast? Please explain this insight of yours.

Indeed. That's what I was about to say. There had to have been quite a few to warrant this.

Not according to Graham, which is what I'm basing my statements on. I'm not saying that Japanese customers aren't experiencing problems, rather just not in the concentrated percentage that owners outside of Japan are. Think about it: there are fewer owners of YF-19's in the U.S. than there are in Japan. Obviously, if the 19's in the U.S. start to break then the percentage of problems would be greater than they would be in Japan, where there are more '19 owners. And, considering that Yamato is only interested in the Japanese market, it'll take longer for them to listen and react...

Not according to Graham, which is what I'm basing my statements on. I'm not saying that Japanese customers aren't experiencing problems, rather just not in the concentrated percentage that owners outside of Japan are. Think about it: there are fewer owners of YF-19's in the U.S. than there are in Japan. Obviously, if the 19's in the U.S. start to break then the percentage of problems would be greater than they would be in Japan, where there are more '19 owners. And, considering that Yamato is only interested in the Japanese market, it'll take longer for them to listen and react...

at this point, I would say we should take what yamato says about breakages with a big old grain of salt. like the size of a cowlick.

I trust Graham's words, and I'm trying to point out to the whiners why Yamato seems indifferent to the problems we are having. Buyers outside of Japan, U.S. buyers in particular, seem to think Yamato "owes" them and they don't. I certainly am NOT a defender of Yamato or their shoddy production techniques that should have seen improvement over the last six years, but I've always accepted that I'm taking a gamble by purchasing their products because I will not have their support.

At this point we can continue to provide evidence of design flaws and hope for the best, stamp our feet and whine, fix brand new toys with recastors or ignore their products altogether. I'm starting to lean towards ignoring their products because these toys, their stratospheric price tags and conversely horrible quality control don't need to be in my life...

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< "Everything you own in a box to the left..."

Edited by myk

Me too. I don't eat Big Macs. I'm too poor to eat out. :( Thank God for Ramen.

McTrash'n: when the McDonald's restaurant closes, the procedure is to take all of the heat-lamp-warmed food left over, place the food (containers/wrappers and all) into trash bags, then place it in the dumpster; go get the trash bags out of the dumpster and enjoy heat-lamp-warmed, processed, artery clogging food for free! Note, the food is just fine, because the burgers are thrown away in their boxes, sealed/tied in a trash bag, so the food never touches the rest of the dumpster refuse. ;) I learned so much in college.

Edited by Wicked Ace

McTrash'n: when the McDonald's restaurant closes, the procedure is to take all of the heat-lamp-warmed food left over, place the food (containers/wrappers and all) into trash bags, then place it in the dumpster; go get the trash bags out of the dumpster and enjoy heat-lamp-warmed, processed, artery clogging food for free! Note, the food is just fine, because the burgers are thrown away in their boxes, sealed/tied in a trash bag, so the food never touches the rest of the dumpster refuse. ;) I learned so much in college.

interestingly gross. :blink:

Yamato will do as they see fit. Whether or not Japenese customers are or are not having issues with their Yammies will effect whether or not international purchasers (Us) will see improvements. I'm glad that they're making them. I'll continue to buy Yammies as long as i think they're cool. Making a few changes to the Yf-19 wasnt a big deal. the VF-OS was scary but thanks the NMB4M its not the end of the world either.

Yeah they're expensive and yeah it sucks when you get something thats broken. I'm still glad that I have the opportunity to buy these. I made my choice to continue to get these, others may not and thats cool. Everybody enjoys Macross and thats what I support, not whether a toy company can or cant give me a toy.

interestingly gross. :blink:

Hey, as you know Macross toy collecting is an expensive hobby, so certain measures must be taken by some to afford a Macross toy fix. One cannot survive on Ramen noodles alone. :) Admittedly, I have never gone "McTrash'n," but I can honestly say that I would have eaten out of a dumpster every day to get the Macross toy offerings available to fans today. I did well for myself, back in the day, to get a Jetfire and a Joon's Valkyrie. :D

Edited by Wicked Ace

IPB Image

This is pretty much what I just saw out of both of my VF-0S' shoulders. Yup, both of them. Didn't even aware of this thread until a friend mentioned this issue to me a week ago. Finally remember about it tonight and bust out my screw driver to take a look inside. Of course, what I found out is not very encouraging to say the least. I already had 4 broken Garland shoulders...and a very dismembered toy in a box.

Funny though, I still remember when I first got my VF-0S and posted my thoughts and comments on it. Pretty much a 'cool but fragile' toy. Then I saw Graham's " The VF-0S is a very sturdy toy..." reply in bold. Guess I wasn't that much off the mark on my comment afterall...LOL (Well, LOL in a sad kind of way...)

I did loosen up the screws a bit, and since there are screws holding the shoulder together, hopefully it won't fall apart like the Garland's did, especially now that people are aware of the issue. And I've only transformed it like 4-5 times. Sigh.