Please Read

Pierre

Another hopeful Bump! I don't want to rely on the Yamato parts (and the bizarre tap dance that will have to be done to get them) if I don't have to, so if those recasted parts are available i'd love to grab them.

we have to wait til it gets warmer in CA, then they'll be recasted.

patience, its coming. :)

• 2 weeks later...

received my Vf-0s today. before transforming it from fighter, i inspected what i could of the arms with the legs in gerwalk mode. the left arm had a 1mm break in the socket receiver part of the arm. i will take a pic later. this is definitely not my fault since the arms were never moved. the toy feels much less sturdy than the 1/48 all around. the right tail fin has a bit of flop and the fuselage does not hold tight in fighter. i'm super bummed about this. :(

here's my vote for warm california weather.

Edited by xsjado

I don't have any pictures to show, but my 0A has a badly cracked right shoulder. I did a temporary fix with some super glue which is working for now, was planning on maybe doing a more thurough job later on. The left seems fine, for now.

Recast parts sound pretty good... may just go for those.

i cant wait for the weather to finally give a bit so the parts can be made.

Other than the arms on the VF-OA and VF-OS there are a few custom items

I want.

I am joining the cracking team... :(

I actually haven't been following this thread in details. When people mentioned the shoulder faults, I thought they were talking about loose joints only. I now realise the seriousness of this shoulder problem.

I checked my 2 VF-0S and 1 VF-0A, all three are the 1st issues from Japan supplier.

The VF-0S are OK but there are definitely signs of very light stress mark (but no break), the left shoulder is worst off.

The VF-0A was in fighter mode since day one and was never transformed. Upon inspection, both shoulders had cracks developed already. I think had I actually transformed it and play with his arms, they would not last for more than a day. The ball joint seems to be too big at a particular point and stressing the socket when it rotated to that point.

After some heavy gsuper glue treatment, they seems OK. I think they will be staying in fighter mode until I can get my hands on the fix….Here are the pics of the VF-0A:

[attachmentid=40800][attachmentid=40801]

post-3608-1172763334_thumb.jpg

post-3608-1172763681_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

Graham, can we convince vendors other than HLJ.com to carry these? I'm going to buy a lot for the Aussie blokes, and I'd rather not have a bunch of retards running the shows with batched orders.

Like you say, finding the source would be the difficult bit for non-Japan residents.

If Yamato really wants to help oversea customers, they can leave a pile of fix to a number of better known on-line suppliers . i am not counting on free replacement from my supplier (it will be too much hassel for him and Yamato), I think most people here would be desperate enough to pay for them for a small cost if we know which supplier to order from.

Kensei's idea of bulk buying from one supplier and then distribute them locally will save everybody down under alot on individual shipping.

Edited by Mowe

Graham, can we convince vendors other than HLJ.com to carry these? I'm going to buy a lot for the Aussie blokes, and I'd rather not have a bunch of retards running the shows with batched orders.

graham,

i'd be willing to do it for the US customers(and canadian, i love you guys too!) as it would save a ton of money for all involved. i don't mind doing the leg work, its been really slow at my job as of late and i got a lot of downtime to do what i want.

just give a shout if/when you get the good word from yamato. :)

edit:

forgot about you crazy canucks! :D

Edited by do not disturb

Like you say, finding the source would be the difficult bit for non-Japan residents.

If Yamato really wants to help oversea customers, they can leave a pile of fix to a number of better known on-line suppliers . i am not counting on free replacement from my supplier (it will be too much hassel for him and Yamato), I think most people here would be desperate enough to pay for them for a small cost if we know which supplier to order from.

Kensei's idea of bulk buying from one supplier and then distribute them locally will save everybody down under alot on individual shipping.

Look at it this way, if I can buy everyone's arms, the shipping will basically be negligible. and if I send the part in hard card to the eastern states, it'll be like $1 AUD extra, a done deal. That's why I so want a group buy on the Aussie front.

Thanks for the support Mowe.

Good plan. When the time comes, we'll collect a few more locals!!!! I'll need 3 :D

Hey Mowe! Another sydneysider!

Maybe we can get Kensei to send our sets together to one of us, and then meet up and dividethe parts :)

i know i need 5 sets....

Do you mean this junction?

When I was inspecting the shoulder joint, I also noted this weak point. It hasn't break yet but it is not looking good. I think Graham might have mentioned this in one of his post. I have now loosen the screw but I don't know how effective this will be. Like I said before, my VF-0A was never transformed, so I can't imagine those whom have played their VF-0A :(

Since the VF-0S doesn't have this screw, it is safe but with a loose elbow...loose elbow or busted elbow...argh...argh...you can't win :(

[attachmentid=40895]

Hey guys I got a new one for ya.

My VF-0A elbow just broke. Damn. Just over the bicep armour.

post-3608-1173102425_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mowe

Is belongs to my poor VF-0A. :(

It is not broken yet but there is so little plastic next to the screw, it is just a matter of time. I don't think a replacement of the current part will solve the problem - ultimately, it is a design error to introduce a screw so close to the edge of the bicep.

Will have to wait and see what Yamato does. God, I hope they will adress this problem with the Shin ghost issue...I want to display my shin in battroid mode

Yeah, and a bit of the top one too. Whose pic is that? I'll have his spare parts. :D

Man, sorry fellas :(

I think that just a few judiciously placed washers (and maybe reinforced thread bosses or captive inserts) could have helped prevent a great deal of the issues and breakages people have reported. It's never a good idea to economize a high-end design to reduce margin on hardware that is cheap in the first place, but it's a much-too-common practice these days.

I still like my zeros, though they could have been even better ;)

you know i've been thinking about why this is happening and came to a conclusion...

maybe they screwed up the ball joint rather than the shoulder pieces itself? maybe its not perfect ball/sphere as they intended, instead slightly oval and thats whats causing the breaks? does any of that make sense?

whether this is true or not i have no idea as theres no real way for me to test it....how does one test to see if something is a perfect sphere? :unsure:

either way i hope we get the good word from graham soon.

i've pretty much avoided handling my 0A ever since this issue came to light and its killing me that its my favorite valk.

i've pretty much avoided handling my 0A ever since this issue came to light and its killing me that its my favorite valk.

Same here. :( feels a bit like there's a hot chick laying in your bed just waiting for you to jump on her, but you just...can't...touch her...

:)^_^;)

:lol:

Same here. :( feels a bit like there's a hot chick laying in your bed just waiting for you to jump on her, but you just...can't...touch her...

:)^_^;)

My VF-0S has been transformed twice now, and on the second time last night, I decided to check it's shoulders by removing the cover...

The right one is fine, but the left one has two light stress marks on it...

Needless to say, that it's staying in fighter mode untill someone starts selling either recasts or Yamato's improved version.

Otherwise, I don't have any issues with mine other than it feeling floppy in fighter mode the way Jenius describes in his review on his site.

-Kyp