Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Destiny appears to be a collision on several other gundams but what I've noticed from the way the wings are mounted is that they fold more of the nature of Zero Custom's smaller set of wings. The 'winglets' simply side out of the of the larger wing and one of them actually hangs out of the large wing in normal mode. If those beam wings are anything like we saw in the prior series then it will definitely be hauling some serious speed. It could be faster than Freedom. I also wonder will they slice & cut like V2's wings. The return of the gauntlets also surprized me but I guess nothing should be left out of speculation when it comes to this series. It could take some getting use to but I do like its overall design.

Seeing this Destiny gundam also makes me wonder why Freedom needs to be upgraded. Destiny seems to be on par with Freedom if that particle cannon can kick out a hardcore blast...given that Shinn will be crazy enough to fight Kira (DeathWish?! :huh: ) That 'mkII' shadow appears to have re-invented its Hi-MAT while adding some long swordlike gauntlets to its arms. The railguns look more streamlined and 2 large mysterious humps on its back could contain missiles like Rey's Zaku. Maybe it'll be needed to fight that killer looking psycho gundam.

The scan is indeed from a Strike Design contest. The winner was a design cleaned up by BEE-CRAFT that became the Lightning Strike Gundam. It's officially a part of SEED-MSV, and I'd provide the MAHQ link for it, but the server's undergoing an upgrade.

Here's a pic though:

post-26-1110080159.jpg

Edited by ChrisG

Heh, everybody's comments on the Destiny MS sorta remind me how we were all bashing Okawara for the Impulse design the first time we saw it. Now most of us like Impulse. I'm sure Destiny will look better both in the animation and also as a toy/model than it does as static Okawara lineart.

Graham

Heh, everybody's comments on the Destiny MS sorta remind me how we were all bashing Okawara for the Impulse design the first time we saw it. Now most of us like Impulse. I'm sure Destiny will look better both in the animation and also as a toy/model than it does as static Okawara lineart.

Graham

That's what i thought. It always looks much fuglier on lineart....unless its Katoki's lineart. ;)

Graham

Not me I had nothing against Impulse Gundam, besides it looks like a UC Gundam.

Graham

Speak for yourself, I still think the Impulse looks like a badly executed V Gundam. I think it's hilarious when the torso launches and it looks unabashedly like a huge blue and white hunk of metal torso flying around. Then again, I shouldn't be so hard considering I could swallow seeing Voltes V's big honking torso flying around, although I was 5 years old when I last watched that on TV.

Gundam Seed comes on very late Friday night going into Saturday morning at 1:00 AM <_<

Just to think someone actually went as far as taking a picture of a plastic ass... man...

Hummmm well.

I can recall how Graham went crazy about the CM's Minmay....

I even remember him fantasizing (and later posting the pictures) about the Underwear Concert she gave to Hickaru... :D

Later our Anti-Tranny G-Man even changed his signature to something like "Minmai's underwear"

Wen questioned about his sig, he clearly said he was her panties... :blink:

So, I guess you are in the wrong site if you think taking a pic of a plastic ass is going too far. Carefull you may end banned :lol:

sorta OT but does anyone know when Gundam SEED comes on on cartoon network?

I heard they edited the guns in that episode Mwu La and Kreuze were gunfighting in that Coordinator lab....and the gunshots were the same sounds of the doors opening and closing. :lol::lol::lol:

And they removed Mwu La's blood on his wound. <_<

Talk about goin too far about censorship. Hypocrites. :p

PS: Btw i only posted the panty shots on Graham's almighty's request on mention of canon blue color. :p

sorta OT but does anyone know when Gundam SEED comes on on cartoon network?

I heard they edited the guns in that episode Mwu La and Kreuze were gunfighting in that Coordinator lab....and the gunshots were the same sounds of the doors opening and closing. :lol::lol::lol:

And they removed Mwu La's blood on his wound. <_<

Talk about goin too far about censorship. Hypocrites. :p

PS: Btw i only posted the panty shots on Graham's almighty's request on mention of canon blue color. :p

First: It was 1 am but I ttink they changed it recently to 12: 30 am but I could be wrong.

And yah I hate how they changed the pistols (I believe the other guns bigger than pistols are the same) and edited out the blood. I mean crap anyone up late enough to watch it can certainly handle some realistic pistols and some blood. <_< When Gundam Wing aired on Toonami, the afternoon airing was censored wihtout blood and said "destroy" for kill and "the great destroyer" but at nite on Toonami "late edition" or whatever, thye showed the blood and let them say "kill" and "God of death" <_< Im really starting to hate Cartoon Network....... :angry: But thats just me.

Yeah, changing the guns into sci-fi pistols is ludicrous. Especially given it's time slot. Hell, it's original 10:30 Sat. time slot should have been fine. Airing the show at 1AM there is no excuse to be editing it at all. They still seem to be rishing the pan shots too. It doesn't look right.

Just to think someone actually went as far as taking a picture of a plastic ass... man...

Hummmm well.

I even remember him fantasizing (and later posting the pictures) about the Underwear Concert she gave to Hickaru... :D

Later our Anti-Tranny G-Man even changed his signature to something like "Minmai's underwear"

So, I guess you are in the wrong site if you think taking a pic of a plastic ass is going too far. Carefull you may end banned :lol:

I entirely missed this, is there a link to that topic around anywhere?

Hummmm well.

Oh dear, I guess it's a slow day in Macrossworldland if this is the best we can do :D .

Graham

Bah, why waste time with CN's version. Just buy the DVDs and quit complaining.

Already did. Over the Holiday seasons they kept putting other shows in its time slot so I ordered a DVD set, (subs sucked btw) and started DLing fansubs to finish the series cause I couldent stand it no more. <_<

No more complaing! Just annoyed by CN :rolleyes:

Hummmm well.

Oh dear, I guess it's a slow day in Macrossworldland if this is the best we can do :D .

Graham

Hoping for that link too.... :rolleyes:

Oh I have bought the dvd's. I just happened to be home at the time and turned it on to my dismay.

Destiny Finger? Haha

That means Shinn gets to yell a lot.

Seems like too diverse a weapons spread. BFG (?), Beam Boomerangs, Anti-Ship Beam Sword (?), Beam Rifle, "Destiny" Finger (It would be funy as hell if they call it Shining Finger). Covers all the bases though. Close and long range.

I'm curious about the bfg. Looks like it unfolds, you can see the hinge at the bottom of the second pic.

Looks like the sword unfolds too, it has a hinge at the bottom too. That's going to be one long ass sword.

With this much stuff and those wings it's got to be another Nuclear Suit.

The other option if not a Shining Finger-type attack is it could have some kind of large beam cannon in it's arms. Compact Particle Cannon or something.

Edited by Anubis

It's like the Strike, V2, and God Gundam mooshed together. I was wondering when Kunio would whip out the G Gundam designs and incorporate them into Seed....hell, he's tapped pretty much every other series (except for Turn A, thank god)

Still, as Blender Gundams go, it looks damn cool, and I can't wait to see it in action and buy its MSIA.

Destinyyy....FINGAH! *touch*