Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

My money is on Dullindal trying to get Lacus killed. He has his own version that will basicly do what ever he wants and run damage control for him if things get out of hand and Plant citizens start questioning things. He can't risk having the real one show up in Plant again, proving that he has misled and trick the citizens of Plant. Dullindal has screamed evil since the very beginning. :) I still think he was behind the dropping of Junius 7 as well. And the Zaft forces build up was so he could drop to take control of Earth in one swift move but the things didn't seem to go as planned.

Edited by Effect

BTW, this is the MA that serve as the positron shield for the lohengrim gate

L-gate.jpg

Looks like a Dagger type MS riding a Mega Rider from ZZ  <_<

Kind of reminds me of the Devil Gundam.

Edited by Anubis

oh here's something funny..  Sad Athrun :lol:

Oh you really have to watch all the way to the end,, guess who save kira.

http://www.geocities.jp/kenkoudaa/

That was great, Kira stole all of Athrun's girls. :lol:

Edited by Anubis

This is really funny, some translation from epi.17

tech 1 : those at the military HQ are so lucky, it's been a long time for a Lacus Clyne live performance. I soooo want to be there.

tech 2 : but her style has changed a lot.

tech 1 : well, indeed.

tech 2 : but I think it's quite okay compared to her old style, she looks even younger and cuter this way.

tech 1 : And her dress is more daring this time, isn't it?

tech 2 : yup, yup, and her breasts, really big aren't they? I really want the poster of her in this dress.

(Athrun comes)

Athrun : what's the maintenance record for Saviour?

tech 1 : here

Athrun : thanks

(Athrun leaves)

tech 1 : he's her fiance right? I soooo envy him...

tech 2 : heh, how about we pull apart some Saviour's cables?

Athrun : I heard that, you two, including everything from before =.=b

:lol::lol::lol:

Windams vs Gundams,

The phase shift armour isn't just for show.

As far as we know, Phase Shift Armor only works against projectile weapons, and is inaffective against beam weapons.

If this is true it would seem to have little relevance any more, given that all of the newer mass produced MS like the Zaku, Dagger-L, Windam & Murasame carry beam weapons as standard.

Graham

We all know that...but strangely you see they still make alot of effort dodging missles (Ahtrun does a Max Jenius and shoots missles) and machine gun fire. I wonder why. Does your energy reserves dwindle as you get shot more by projectiles? :huh:

We all know that...but strangely you see they still make alot of effort dodging missles (Ahtrun does a Max Jenius and shoots missles) and machine gun fire. I wonder why. Does your energy reserves dwindle as you get shot more by projectiles? :huh:

I believe so. In Seed, Andy makes a comment that you can force the PS armor to go down after you hit it with enough conventional weaponry. What I'm guessing from his statement is by hitting it enough, the battery get's drained (i.e. "your energy reserves dwindle as you get shot more by projectiles"). In a case like Freedom, it would take everything, the kitchen sink, the piping, the frig, the stove, the cabinets, the toilet...etc. to take down her PS armor because of the nuclear reactor provides a virtually-unlimited supply of energy. You would have to force wear-and-tear, literally, to bring down the PS armor on Freedom. That would take forever.

Athrun would be doing the right thing by shooting down the missiles. Even though he could take the punishment, he would need the battery power since Saviour runs on a battery.

BTW, this is the MA that serve as the positron shield for the lohengrim gate

L-gate.jpg

Looks like a Dagger type MS riding a Mega Rider from ZZ  <_<

Kind of reminds me of the Devil Gundam.

Thank you, I've been looking at that for 3 minutes, and it's been bugging me! BTW, where's the Lunamaria fanservice pics!

Maybe this has been asked before but after 80 pages I don't remember.

Exactly what is the point of the Impulse Gundam transforming the way it does other then actually taking up time?

I mean for the most part it just looks like a ZAFT version of the Strike Gundam. Its not like it has a different set of legs for different missions or a different head or body. The back part seems like the only thing that would change and really you coudl just equip the weapons on it, the way Strike had its weapons equiped. Is there some story reason behind it being broken up into parts?

It seems like the Minerva has enough room for it to be together in the hanger. Is it that they didn't want it to a be a complete copy of the Strike so they though breaking it up would make people ohhh and awww at it?

Maybe this has been asked before but after 80 pages I don't remember.

Exactly what is the point of the Impulse Gundam transforming the way it does other then actually taking up time?

I mean for the most part it just looks like a ZAFT version of the Strike Gundam. Its not like it has a different set of legs for different missions or a different head or body. The back part seems like the only thing that would change and really you coudl just equip the weapons on it, the way Strike had its weapons equiped. Is there some story reason behind it being broken up into parts?

It seems like the Minerva has enough room for it to be together in the hanger. Is it that they didn't want it to a be a complete copy of the Strike so they though breaking it up would make people ohhh and awww at it?

Good question. Question was asked but answers weren't very convincing.

Most people said that it was for quick adaptability and field swapping, as demonstrated in the episode where Kira called for another leg flyer. But why should it be in the hangar seperated, I don't think anybody knows.

I think it's petty much for the same reason as the V-Guundam, that is so if a part is damaged in combat, a replacement can be sent out immediately to allow the Impulse to keep on fighting, rather than having to return to base for lengthy repairs.

Graham

I think it's petty much for the same reason as the V-Guundam, that is so if a part is damaged in combat, a replacement can be sent out immediately to allow the Impulse to keep on fighting, rather than having to return to base for lengthy repairs.

Graham

There's still no reason why it shouldn't come pre-assembled in the hangar ready for launch.

Graham

There's still no reason why it shouldn't come pre-assembled in the hangar ready for launch.

Yeah, I agree that it's pretty silly that it does not launch pre-assembled.

It's even sillier IMO that the Core Splendor has to jetison it's missile pods each time as well.

Graham

That's really my whole thing. Why isn't it assembled in the hanger. Replacing parts mid battle makes sense but taking off in pieces seems to be asking for trouble and doesn't make any real sense to me.

Edited by Effect

Mabye the Minerva was designed specifically to carry the ZAKUs and Savior and the Impluse was actually a late addition. So when it came time to add the Impulse, it was found that there wasn't any spare hanger space for it to be launched assembled?

Nah, that justification sounds lame even by my standards :D .

Graham

Someone said further back the thread that maybe with all the Gundam stealing going around, they chose to "park" the gundam in pieces so in the case that the impulse will be stolen, they can only steal the core splendour.

:lol::lol::lol:

No Grand Theft Mobile Suit for you.

...as demonstrated in the episode where Kira called for another leg flyer...

You mean Shinn..... <_<

It's a prototype...what do you expect....not to mention it would be painful for the animators to draw a fully assembled takeoff sequence when they can kill time by reusing old animation.

It's even sillier IMO that the Core Splendor has to jetison it's missile pods each time as well.

Reused animation. See previous comment.

I think it's petty much for the same reason as the V-Guundam, that is so if a part is damaged in combat, a replacement can be sent out immediately to allow the Impulse to keep on fighting

Another advantage is pilot survivability. The MS now has an armed escape pod (i.e. the Core Splendor)

Mabye the Minerva was designed specifically to carry the ZAKUs and Savior and the Impluse was actually a late addition.

Minerva was a designed to incorporate the designs from the EA, namely their weapons. Carrying ZAKUs, GuAIZ-Rs, and any MS designed to use the Deuterion Energy Beam system (Which would include Impulse, Saviour, Gaia, Abyss, and Chaos) was just more to the package. The main advantage in this case is the Deuterion Energy Beam system.

It's been speculated that the central catapult uses less power to launch each component overall than to launch an full MS but I'll leave that to someone else to figure.

Er, it's beacuse... ok there is no real answer but it's one of thsoe things I never really questioned untill somebody else mentions it. :(

I suspect that later on it may very well take off fully or even half completed, V gundam did some pretty imaginative things with it's system so I hope to see at least some of that in this series even though there's only one total suit.

Next episode they fly the components down a small canyon in a way a mobile suit probably wouldn't have been able to do.

The other thing is, why should they launch it combined? The Impulse launch system fires out the components faster than Minerva launches it's conventional suits, and being separated would make maintenance a hell of a lot easier.

guys, can someone give me the height measurements for the GQ destiny figures? I am wondering if they are worth the 50$+.(getting my AE strike for 7$ has pretty much made me question whether I should buy a GQ.........well IF they are the same size, if the GQ's are bigger then I shall consider buying the GQ even more!)

Ok,

I have the arch enemy strike, the mmm strike (active, and deactive versions) and the force and sword impulse GQs. The only comment I can make is that while the strike AE is really really nice for 7.00$, it doesn't have the awesome solid feel of the mmm and GQ lines. The weight of these 1/100 scale gundams is very satisfying. The finish is flawless and the balance of the toy when on it's feet is near perfect.

The is NO comparision between the strike AE and the GQ line, period. Oh ! also, I forgot to mention, the strike AE is smaller somehow than the mmm strike. I also own a 1/100 model of the Astray blue frame and is is awefuly small compared to it so my guess is that it's out of scale. Also, my AE strike's wing pack has warped wings (gashapon desease...)

The only AE gundam I own that is really impressive is the zero custom. but don't expect to get the same satisfaction from the strike. Don't get me wrong, I really like my strike AE but not nearly as much as the other guys I talked about.

Just curious do the AE Strike and the 7.5 inch plastic Launcher Strike share the same basic figure or are they completely different sculpts?

Graham

I can't confirm, but from what I understand the AE Strike and Launcher Strike are the same mold, mostly, but are made of different materials. Launcher made from harder plastics then the sturdy-PVC-ish material of the AE Strike. AE Strike also lacks the screw holes of the Launcher Strike.

I haven't seen the Launcher Strike toy, so I have no way of confirming this myself, just going on what others have said. It'd be as if they took the MMM Strike and made it entirely out of PVC material for a different subline of Seed toys.

Lots of unsold 7.5 inch plastic Launcher Strikes sitting on the toy shelves here in HK. Seems like they are not too popular here. Perhaps because they are the only figure in the line. From what I've seen, they seem like a decent toy, but I'm quite happy with my MMM Strike, so no plans to get the 7.5 inch version. The AE Strike has not been released here in HK.

Graham

FRpm, what I heard both are ABS but, the AE has airbrushed weathering and is not as clean. And mine has gashapon disease too.

Anyone know the height of the GQ models? Those look awesome.

I can confirm that the 7.5 inch Launcher Strike toy has no weathering, is made of ABS and is held together with screws. It does not have removeable armor over an internal skeleton, so is not based on the MMM Strike sculpt.

The GQ Impulse is about 18cm tall and yes they are awesome toys. I'm very happy with both my GQ Force & Sword Impulse toys. Highly recommended.

Graham

I don't know if I should say cool or sick...heh, but still not bad!

I picked up the DS today for the soul purpose of geting Gundam SEED for it in 2 weeks. Looks like though the game was released for the PS2 in Japan its going to go to the DS in the states, I haven't heard of it going to the PS2 in the states as well...but I do find that interesting to see.

Gunota found the Blaze Zaku Phantom (Haine Westenfluss custom) link at Tamashii web.

And it's chock full of Vitamin C!! :D

Actually that would be Beta Carotene.

I might have spelled that wrong.