Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

30 mobile suits :(. I'm really getting sick of these beatings the Earth forces are always getting. Where is the balance. Sure things got crazy in Wing but at least it got to the point where it was simply machines being destoryed since they weren't being piloted. Its as if the creators and directors of Gundam SEED Destiny have forgotten that there are actually pilots in these things and don't care about the kill ratio. It would be more interesting if there were a few mobile suits on each side, making for interesting battles with each of the pilots getting development so when they die, their deaths meant something and at the same time could show how senseless war is. Its just really silly now.

This is really one of the main problems I had with any and all Macross series and even Robotech. But at least in there, there was a balance. No one side took all the deaths, each battle, a fair share on both sides were killed. In SEED and now Destiny, the Earth forces always seem to die. What's the ratio , something like 50 Earth Alliance soliders or pilots have to die before 1 Zaft pilot has to be killed on screen? Or 100 to 1?

I'll download the episode anyway since, well I'm not paying for it. :) I just wish this would change. Not upset or anything, just annoyed a little at it.

Edited by Effect

So when are Archangel and Minerva supposed to meet?

Probably not for a while. It's in Archangel's best interest to lay low for the time being.

They lost a ship and 2 underwater mobies

Actually, its a ship and 3 MS.

30 mobile suits :(. I'm really getting sick of these beatings the Earth forces are always getting. Where is the balance. Sure things got crazy in Wing but at least it got to the point where it was simply machines being destoryed since they weren't being piloted. Its as if the creators and directors of Gundam SEED Destiny have forgotten that there are actually pilots in these things and don't care about the kill ratio. It would be more interesting if there were a few mobile suits on each side, making for interesting battles with each of the pilots getting development so when they die, their deaths meant something and at the same time could show how senseless war is. Its just really silly now.

This is really one of the main problems I had with any and all Macross series and even Robotech. But at least in there, there was a balance. No one side took all the deaths, each battle, a fair share on both sides were killed. In SEED and now Destiny, the Earth forces always seem to die. What's the ratio , something like 50 Earth Alliance soliders or pilots have to die before 1 Zaft pilot has to be killed on screen? Or 100 to 1?

I'll download the episode anyway since, well I'm not paying for it. :) I just wish this would change. Not upset or anything, just annoyed a little at it.

It's probably just some cheap trick to make the main Alliance characters look even more bad ass. Like we're supposed to think "wow all these other Alliance guys are like flyes in a room with with sprinklers raining Raid down on them, but look Neo and his lackies are taking out ZAFT guys left and right."

I agree, it's too one-sided. But you figure that just shows how much better coords are to naturals. It's a qualitative/quantitative thing.

But you figure that just shows how much better coords are to naturals.  It's a qualitative/quantitative thing.

Honestly it pisses me off more in DESTINY than SEED. I mean you remember when the Strike Dagger made it appearace? If it wasn't for that EMP thing ZAFT deployed they would have gotten their @sses handed to them on a platter complete with seconds and dessert. And if the whole Coordinators are better than Naturals thing is their excuse, then that's pretty stupid. At least they could say most of our hardend vets were on the negotiating end GENESIS or something.

Does anyone have any info on Astray Destiny? What I want to know most, is George Glen (yes, the George Glen) still the captain of ReHOME?

Edited by Druna Skass

Does anyone have any info on Astray Destiny? What I want to know most, is George Glen (yes, the George Glen) still the captain of ReHOME?

He is, but the Re-Home and the junk crew are only in Destiny Astray for the first chapter, then leave for Mars.

And are people forgetting that since episode 1 of SEED that theres been a huge imbalance between Naturals and Coordinators? One on one ZAFT is much stronger, but the Earth Alliance vastly outnumbers them.

Okay, question about the Astray mangas. They don't go in order do they? I mean the character Lowe from the first volume of Gundam SEED Astry, his story doesn't continue in Volume 2 or Volume 3 does it?

Why did they break things up the way they did? Also are the Astray mangas taking place during Gundam SEED or is it actually a Prequel story? Or is it both in that certain volumes take place during SEED and certain ones take place before it?

Is Destiny Astray going to be like this as well?

Thanks.

Ok, the basic order is:

1. Astray/Astray R

2. X Astray

3. Destiny Astray

Astray, Astray R and X Astray run parallel with the original SEED series - Astray begins when Heliopolis is destroyed, and X Astray ends at the same point as as the five minute OVA that followed episode 50 of SEED.

Destiny Astray takes place in the time between SEED and Destiny, starting one month after the war ended in episode 50.

i m very very tempted by the GQ impulse,

is it worth the price ? does it feel like a solid toy ?

i also hesitate between the GQ and the cosmic illusion.

can someone give me some advice ?:)

The GQ is very solid and very poseable. It's highly recomended.

Although the Cosmic Region is not out until March, I imagine that it will have the same problems as most GFF figures, there may be some warping of the PVC parts and the paint job will probably be of variable quality. Also, I doubt the articulation will be as good as the GQ.

Graham

I don't think it's fair for Athrun to have 3 girls eyeing him. Two is enough, let Shinn have Lunamaria, then he can have two as well.

What about Rey, he's all by himself. :) It looks like Shinn is going to get Steller and between her crazy fits and Shinn holding on to the cell phone of his dead sister, they are a good match. No need to put anyone else into that mess.

I got a distinct feeling Stellar is gonna die :p and its gonna cause Shinn so much damn grief that he'll snap and play into Dillandu's hands like putty.

I just don't see her and Shinn ultimately together. Maybe they'll have close contacts from time to time and even hold a conversation! But I really doubt anything better then that....personally, I hope Lunamaria dies....I think she's got some manipulation skills that'll get her in deep poo in the future.

You know that would be an interesting twist if Shinn ended up on the bad side at the very end due to what has happen or will happen to him. I get the feeling that he might die as well to be honest. If Destiny is going to Seed's Zeta and Camille ended up screwed up at the end of Zeta, something similar happening to Shinn makes sense. Since he is already messed up I feel, the next step would be death.

What about Rey, he's all by himself. :) It looks like Shinn is going to get Steller and between her crazy fits and Shinn holding on to the cell phone of his dead sister, they are a good match. No need to put anyone else into that mess.

He's a newtype, he's destined to be alone. :(

And badass with a funnel equipped Gundam. :lol:

I was pleased to see him get at least one character moment so far, when they show he likes to play the piano. He's been about the least developed so far outside of showing "Hey, he's a newtype!"

I think Shinn and Stellar will meet again during a small shoreleave.

Either that or after the Minerva gets to Gibraltar, her and her two teammates sneak on the base, and the two tragic lovebirds meet there again. No matter what, there's no way it'll end pretty for those two.

One way they could end up meeting is similar to way that Camille and Four met, sorta just crossing paths with knowing they're on the oppisite side. Stellar I think only kills when she's ordered too, otherwise she's pretty calm and easily off guard.

Here are some of my predictions...

Shin and Stellar meet under normal circumstances...but them being part of different armies sends them both out to having to kill eachother, eventually Stellar being manipulated by Neo for her feelings towards him ends up being killed.

Rey will have contact with Neo and will soon be told of who Rey really is and possibly Neo will reveal his true intentions and motives...I don't think he really is part of the EA.

Rey in desperation to his loyalty with Dillandu and his strong relations to Neo will have to choose one side or another and will probably go against Shinn and the Minerva...I really have strong feelings Rey will switch sides and possibly work with either Dillandu or Neo....

Lunamaria will develope feelings for Athrun and will get shut down and probably try to kill him, in the long run I think she's going to kill her sister, or her sister is going to kill her.

Kira will DIE! He's goign to have a grand battle against the main badguy and will die! He should have freakin died in the first series! WHY WHY DIDN'T YOU?! YOU WERE PLANNED TOO! GAAAAAAH! .....................Yeah Dearka and Issac will die too :p

I'm still thinking Gilbert is actualy the good guy. With Patrick dead the only extreemist faction left standing in the way of some kind of peace is Blue Cosmos. With Patrick dead at the end of the war and Eileen basicaly carrying out a coup de ta, Eileen and Siegel's followers are in a fairly powerful position now that they control the government. I don't think Eileen would have let him succeed her if she had any reservations about him. Gilbert also seems to be showing some restraint. I mean 2 years is more than enough time to make another GENESIS, and after the Alliance launched another nuclear attack what is he waiting for? Also why isn't he using Mia to stir-up all kinds of anti-Natural sentiment?

I'm still thinking Neo is an amnesiac Mwu, and Rey, I'm not sure. Either an illegit of Mwu, Raww, or Ariga. Another person who reached Newtype stage. Or an artificial newtype.

Shinn and Stellar, either the two end up togeather, but Shinn loseing the last of him humanity while Stellar regains hers, or someone or both of them die. I really wouldn't be surprised.

I didn`t know the Saviour could do this

12.jpg

I think the cannon is switchable between shoulder and hip mode, cool :lol:

Athrun is much better in Zaku when he managed to deal some damage to the Chaos, he didn`t even score a scratch to it when he`s using Saviour despite the armaments :( .

Or Sting is getting better..... <_<

After watching the latest episode, great to see Neo and the other Alliance Gundam pilots in action. Really Neo could have left the Windams at the base but then again, they would have ended up being killed anyway since Shinn most likely would have ended up at the base anyway. :(

Still Athrun should have done more to to Shinn then simply hit him. The way he was acting, sorry, angst or not he is a military soldier. Where is the punch in the face? The physical abuse. Shinn actually needs a serious beating where he needs up needing medical treatment before he acts straight. Cause really he doesn't think straight. A normal person would most likely end up thinking that due to their actions the submarine was destoryed and they could have stopped that if they had only come back. After all they are your fellow soldiers. No, he feels his actions are justified cause he saved those people. Its like the destroyed sub is an afterthought for him. His priorities are really screwed up more so then I thought. That base at the moment was no threat, the Gundams and Neo's Windam were. The peopel there weren't his concern, no matter how he tries to justify it. They could have always came back to it later.

I'm just glad the next episode might deal with Shinn being qualified to be a mobile suit pilot. I don't think he should be behind one. He's a threat to the Earth Alliance yeah but he's also a threat to his own side. The boy has a serious case of tunnel vision. Don't think he's going to change around until someone else close to him dies or he gets a beating. Then again, even then he'll just put his blame and anger off on someone else.

What in the hell were they thinking with this character?

Athrun vs. Sting. Maybe the location has to do with it. Don't think the addition of the Windams is the case since they seemed to be going after Shinn instead. Could be the difference between Earth and Space. Maybe Athrun fights better in space. Though I like to think that Sting, Stellar, and Auel are simply getting better.

Something interesting came to mind. I still think Gilbert is evil. Why I say this is, the Gundam that Auel uses. It seems to be made for underwater battle. If he had peace in mind, why have something like that developed unless he planned on using it on Earth where its performance can shine? He seems to be able to act well which would have fooled those that were on Cline's side, thus the reason why they would have trusted him.

Edited by Effect

Something interesting came to mind. I still think Gilbert is evil. Another why I say this is, the Gundam that Auel uses. It seems to be made for underwater battle. If he had peace in mind, why have something like that developed unless he planned on using it on Earth where its performance can shine?

If you're going to use that argument, Then why would Siegel, as the Supreme Chairman allow the deveoplement of mobile suits if his goal was peace.

Gilbert proably knew any sort of peace with Blue Cosmos still hanging around Earth would be a false one, and since Australia is a ZAFT ally it might be a good idea to develop a new aquatic MS incase the Atlantic Federation decided to deal with Australia the same way it delt with South America.

well, for Athrun vs. Sting, I think it's the locations also, Athrun is not king when Gravity is around. He does seem to do extremely well in space fights. This assumption is from battles in GS and GSD. Sting is also getting better too. But still even with Neo and Sting Vs Athrun he still didn`t get a scratch either.

Also Athrun was kinda distracted by Shinn too, Shin was going further and further away from the main battle area and it got Athrun worried,, he even radio shin " can't you tell they are leading you?" or something like that. But all he got back was " stop your bitching," or something like that. :angry:

He was constantly looking out for him,, When he notice that Neo was about to attack Shinn while Impulse was distracted by Gaiga , he quickly did some covering fire for shin even though he still in a battle with Sting.

That covering fire pissed Neo off and got him chasing too. Now you got 2 vs 1 in the air, while shin plays around with mobile doggy.

If I was Athrun I would of did more than just some slapping. :lol::lol:

I didn`t know the Saviour could do this

12.jpg

I think the cannon is switchable between shoulder and hip mode, cool  :lol:

If you pull out on the bar that joins the cannon/wing binders to the backpack, they built then to accomodate that style. Pull out on them gently, and they'll slide and lock into a second position. They will then fit perfectly alongside the hips. I'll have a picture shortly.

Edit: Pic 1.

post-26-1107825816_thumb.jpg

Edited by DarkPhoenix