Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Shinn managed to annoy me in ep. 18. No way someone wouldn't have reprimanded him for being so insubordinate by then. You don't act like that in a mission briefing. Ace or not, you don't pull that with your commander. Shinn's lucky Athrun is being as cool as he is about it. If it was Rey doing the briefing, Shinn wouldn't have pulled that crap. He really has no reason to have such a beef with Athrun. If anything he should be happy Athrun saw the light and accepted Dullindal's offer.

Even in 16, what Shinn did wasn't that bad, but he still needed to listen. Yeah he saved a town, but he wasn't supposed to be out that far. He should never have been in that postion. After the Windams were toast he and Athrun could have tag teamed Neo's Windam and Chaos. Nothing would have saved the sub though. That thing had a "kill me" sign on its bow from the moment it left dock.

This time in ep. 18, Athrun should have planted his foot up Shinn's ass. Especially for doing that in front of the other 2 ship's pilots. He made the Minerva look bad with that childish display. Arthur should then have planted his foot up Shinn's ass after Athrun, then rolled up a Code of Conduct Manual and shoved that up Shinn's ass.

Next thing that's wrong: Mission's over, why is Shinn getting out of his mobile suit to mingle with the citizens on the ground. Get your ass back on the ship. Celebrate in the hangar with YOUR crewmates. Ahtrun too, but I'm gessing he went there just because Shinn decided to go mingle and revel in his success. Shinn's definately getting an inflated ego. Something bad is going to happen to make him come to his senses.

Edited by Anubis

Ep. 20-23 previews from MediaWorks.co.jp

(spoilers, highlight to read)

Phase 20 - PAST

After EA and ZAFT started the war, the situation of Shinn who lived in the neutral country Orb is revealed. After his family's death because of EA's invasion, Shinn survived alone and moved to PLANT. He reconfirmed his reasons to join ZAFT and fight.  (Flashback episode? No, not recap, flashbacks? Sounds like a talking episode)

Phase 21 - Wandering Eyes

the FAITH member Haine Westenfluss, who comes to the base with Dullindal, boards Minerva to work together with everyone. On the other hand, Shinn rescues an almost drowned girl near the seashore during his vacation. After they get to the shore, the girl tells Shinn that her name is Stellar. (Wonder what Stellar is doing there...)

Phase 22 - The Sword of Deep Sky

Not happy about the situation of the war in western Eurasia, Djibril makes the Atlantic Federation President to demand Orb to send troops to Suez. Orb and EA decide to work together in the war at the Black Sea. Everyone onboard Minerva gets along well with Haine because of his cheerfulness. Shinn and Athrun are shaken underneath by the news of Orb joining the war. (Sounds like light action 3 weeks, till we get here)

Phase 23 - The Shade of War

The suddenly appeared Freedom disables Minerva's Tannhauser. Cagalli launches in Strike Rouge from Archangel, and orders the Orb troops to stop fighting. A three-way battle breaks out between EA&Orb, Minerva, and Archangel. (Ouch a 3-way battle, My money's on Archangel)

lol Rey should have asked in that last frame "You think I got a sexy butt?"

I mean 0_o look at it! it sticks out more then Lunamarie's!

oh! And with that weird shading on the backside.....makes it look like he's wearing a thong..... :rolleyes:

Edited by Hikuro

And side.

No, my Lunemaria's Zaku wasn't put together wrong. I switched the arms to be that way.. it just feels right. ;D Also took the gun off its 'arm' because that arm severely cripples how well the gun can be posed.

The GuAIZ R is very nice.. Hefty, and its forearms have a swivel joint so that you can face the shield however you want. Seriously, that's the only use that joint can have, as it only serves to rotate the shield hardpoint on the forearms..

post-26-1109017206_thumb.jpg

Sorry to bring this back up but a couple of pages back I mentioned that I thought Saviour was of the nuclear drive persuassion. I was reminded of the original pre series info which clearly stated that it was powered by the newer deuterion battery system.

But when I was watching this episode, Saviours power up sequence clearly flashes up the "Generation Unsubdued Nuclear Drive Assualt Module" start up screen. ;)

Also azreal said that the shape of Freedoms wings was different in the closing animation, I saw this as well this time now that you mentioned it. I'm surprised I didn't see it before, the difference is quite clear. Not only are the wings more sword like in shape but it seems to be carrying new weapons and it's back to back with another gundam, I think Saviour though it could be the new suit we've yet to see.

The episode was quite cool, a lot of stock footage (no gimmick forgotten) but a vicious albeit short battle. I'm surprised no one has mentioned how uncomprimising Shinn is when fighting. :blink:

The Gelsgee MA is so badass, I'm going to be praying for a figure of this in some form, preferably HCMP. :D

A lot has been said of Shinn and Athrun but I think Athrun has the measure of him and they even seemed to start bonding at the end when Shinn was telling his tale.

Sorry to bring this back up but a couple of pages back I mentioned that I thought Saviour was of the nuclear drive persuassion. I was reminded of the original pre series info which clearly stated that it was powered by the newer deuterion battery system.

But when I was watching this episode, Saviours power up sequence clearly flashes up the "Generation Unsubdued Nuclear Drive Assualt Module" start up screen. ;)

If you watch Saviour's startup, when the GUNDAM acronym is highlighted in red, Unsubdued Nuclear is overwritten by Unrestricted Network, like Impulse and the stolen units.

If you watch Saviour's startup, when the GUNDAM acronym is highlighted in red, Unsubdued Nuclear is overwritten by Unrestricted Network, like Impulse and the stolen units.

You know....that's the most asked question around.....Seriously, people need to let the dang thing finish booting-up and use the pause button.

Also azreal said that the shape of Freedoms wings was different in the closing animation, I saw this as well this time now that you mentioned it. I'm surprised I didn't see it before, the difference is quite clear.

But, as I analyzed my own post, I factored in a few other notes. Like weird camera angles. And although my MG Freedom is still in it's packaging, you could play with camera angles and position the plasma guns on a MG Freedom such that they appear as such in the ending credits.

freedomcompare3hk.th.jpg

Again, no way to know until they do it.

Not only are the wings more sword like in shape but it seems to be carrying new weapons and it's back to back with another gundam

The wings are dependent on how their drawn (see the opening credits).

freedomop3lc.th.jpg

Images courtesy of Sunrise and http://f7.aaa.livedoor.jp/~mesarion/

Is Miriallia supposed to show up later on, she's listed in the official site under Orb?

At this point, we really don't know what her role is.....She has shown up, but without her VA. Guess we'll just have to wait.

But when I was watching this episode, Saviours power up sequence clearly flashes up the "Generation Unsubdued Nuclear Drive Assualt Module" start up screen.  ;)

Damn, that's sneaky. The scene cuts literally just after Unsubdued changes to Unrestricted. :lol:

Ep. 20-23 previews from MediaWorks.co.jp

(spoilers, highlight to read)

Phase 20 - PAST

After EA and ZAFT started the war, the situation of Shinn who lived in the neutral country Orb is revealed. After his family's death because of EA's invasion, Shinn survived alone and moved to PLANT. He reconfirmed his reasons to join ZAFT and fight.  (Flashback episode? No, not recap, flashbacks? Sounds like a talking episode)

Phase 21 - Wandering Eyes

the FAITH member Haine Westenfluss, who comes to the base with Dullindal, boards Minerva to work together with everyone. On the other hand, Shinn rescues an almost drowned girl near the seashore during his vacation. After they get to the shore, the girl tells Shinn that her name is Stellar. (Wonder what Stellar is doing there...)

Phase 22 - The Sword of Deep Sky

Not happy about the situation of the war in western Eurasia, Djibril makes the Atlantic Federation President to demand Orb to send troops to Suez. Orb and EA decide to work together in the war at the Black Sea. Everyone onboard Minerva gets along well with Haine because of his cheerfulness. Shinn and Athrun are shaken underneath by the news of Orb joining the war. (Sounds like light action 3 weeks, till we get here)

Phase 23 - The Shade of War

The suddenly appeared Freedom disables Minerva's Tannhauser. Cagalli launches in Strike Rouge from Archangel, and orders the Orb troops to stop fighting. A three-way battle breaks out between EA&Orb, Minerva, and Archangel. (Ouch a 3-way battle, My money's on Archangel)

Cool, can't wait for ep 23. 21 and 22 sound kinda boring though, don't really care much for Shinn. You'd think being a trained soldier would hammer some maturity into you, man that guy is such a whiney baby.

i did not see these links here but here is the 1/100 Blaze Zaku, 1/100 Sword Impulse and a few others, looks like there is a 1/144 Lacus Clyne Pink Zaku coming out, and here are some more pics of the new Gouf

Blaze Zaku

various Seed Destiny kits

gouf

big gouf pic

wild dagger

chris

All hail the Gouf. That thing looks great. Who'd have thought an orange Mobile Suit would look pretty good.

the only thing that kills the new gouf is the flight pack on the back...it just doesn't go with it at all <_< if it didn't have that pack i'd be all over it...oh ell, the gouf is a better offering than the new zaku's imo... :rolleyes:

actually the flight pack looks good if you changed the color alittle added alittle orange to it, it would probably look alot better

actually the flight pack looks good if you changed the color alittle added alittle orange to it, it would probably look alot better

the color change isn't the only thing wrong with it...the wings on the backpack really distract from the whole look of the ms for me...thus killing the look...thanks bandai for making something cool and sucky at the same time <_< i'm not gonna bothter blaming okawara for anything...he's done enough and he really deserves more credit than he's getting...he can't exactly be creative when he has bandai/sunrise breathing down his neck wanting him to simplify the designs and all <_<

the only thing that kills the new gouf is the flight pack on the back...it just doesn't go with it at all <_< if it didn't have that pack i'd be all over it...oh ell, the gouf is a better offering than the new zaku's imo... :rolleyes:

Well seeing it like that, it doesn't look all that bad. I still like Norris's more though.

since it's sorta seed destiny related...has anyone translated the destiny astray manga yet? i'm interested what happens there...looked like the destiny astray gets the aile pack

edit...

i like the flight gouf better than this new gouf <_<

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!

Gunota have posted some info for the 3rd Ed,

DESTINY 3rd ED info

After songs of SEED/DESTINY were featured in the Feb 26 broadcast of Fuji TV's "Our Music", Sony Music (the main sponsor of the program) along with Palm Beach Inc. released back-to-back commercials for the 3rd OP and ED song performers. The artist for the 3rd ending song will be Rie fu. A streaming version of Rie fu's cm (which includes her current released song and the upcoming untitled 3rd ED) can be viewed at her site. Hitomi Takahashi, the artist for the DESTINY's 3rd opening, was announced earlier this month. Her commercial can be seen from TakahashiHitomi.com.  ¶ 5:46 AM

For those who haven't heard of her, Rie Fu is ace. :D

She did the first ed for the anime Bleach which is currently airing.