Official Gundam Seed Destiny Thread

Anubis

Newtype episode previews of ep. 24 and 25 (and confirmed on Gunota) (actually 21-25, but I already mentioned 21-23...)

(Spoilers, highlight to read)

Ep24 The Crossing Lines of Sight

The result of Kira's Freedom's intervention into the battle is Haine's death. Not able to understand Kira and co.'s actions, Athrun leaves Minerva to talk to them. Kira, Cagalli and Athrun meet again on opposing sides.

Ep25 The Place of Sin

The facility which Shinn and co. have gone to investigate is confirmed to be EA's research facility for enhanced humans.

Destiny probably pays homage to the V2/Shining designs. Still waiting for some specs though....

I watched Episode 20.....it's just another flash back deal somewhat explaining why Shin joined up with ZAFT...its pretty much a weak filler for next week when he meets Stellar again.

Nice Stellar Drawing.

That's Destiny?! That's supposed to be the big bad suit of the series?! I'm even more dissappointed than I was when I saw the Freedom. It's not that I hate it, it's just... I don't know... maybe it's the paint job...

So when are we supposed to see that Gundam we see Freedom and Destiny flying towards in the opening?

I watched Episode 20.....it's just another flash back deal somewhat explaining why Shin joined up with ZAFT...its pretty much a weak filler for next week when he meets Stellar again.

Actually, as I said earlier, this episode does dive into Shinn's POV and IMO, reinforces it. As much as it was a recap, it's a recap through Shinn's eyes. And I'm more convinced of Shinn's "survivor's guilt". Although I'm probably reading into it too much, I feel it's a good discussion of what's going on in Shinn's head.

Shinn started out as a normal kid. The ideals of ORB allowed him to live his life mostly without pain or suffering. And then that life was taken away from him in an instant. The ORB captain said the only thing he could and that was Shinn lived. There was nothing he could have done. And when Shinn left ORB, he left his former life. And he chose to blame Athha for the death of his family. But Athha was trying to protect the life that people, like Shinn, were living. It may have been a broken dream but it did allow Shinn to lead a normal life for a time. And Athha was right. The blame did go on him. But Shinn chose to condemn the entire Athha family for one man's faults.

Shinn then goes on but never answers why his family died. The simple answer was, it happened. There was nothing he could do. And ORB was trying to protect not only Shinn's family, but everybody else. It was chance that his family was caught in the crossfire. It was a mistake and shouldn't have happened yet it did. As much as you try to prevent it or try to correct it, things still happen. Kira and Athrun realized it the hard way.

Now Shinn has that power to protect the things he cares about most. But in that, he's blinded by what he felt when his family died. He dwells back onto that moment. When Shinn defeated the EA fleet outisde of ORB, I didn't see the SEED that Athrun, Kira, Cagalli or Lacus had, it was almost the same feeling that Kira had when Tolle died. And to paraphrase a few lines from SEED and ep. 17 of GSD, Shinn will keep killing and killing and killing to do what he thinks is the right thing continuing a never-ending cycle, but in the end, he will just make more Shinns. Someone will come along thinking the same thing and do the exact same thing. Athrun was trying to point that out to Shinn because at one time, Athrun was a Shinn. It's an endless cycle and Shinn just became part of it. When Shinn learns to look outside the cycle, beyond himself, then he may find his answers.

Like I said, it's a good discussion to psycho-analyze. :)

Actually, as I said earlier, this episode does dive into Shinn's POV and IMO, reinforces it. As much as it was a recap, it's a recap through Shinn's eyes. And I'm more convinced of Shinn's "survivor's guilt". Although I'm probably reading into it too much, I feel it's a good discussion of what's going on in Shinn's head.

Shinn started out as a normal kid. The ideals of ORB allowed him to live his life mostly without pain or suffering. And then that life was taken away from him in an instant. The ORB captain said the only thing he could and that was Shinn lived. There was nothing he could have done. And when Shinn left ORB, he left his former life. And he chose to blame Athha for the death of his family. But Athha was trying to protect the life that people, like Shinn, were living. It may have been a broken dream but it did allow Shinn to lead a normal life for a time. And Athha was right. The blame did go on him. But Shinn chose to condemn the entire Athha family for one man's faults.

Shinn then goes on but never answers why his family died. The simple answer was, it happened. There was nothing he could do. And ORB was trying to protect not only Shinn's family, but everybody else. It was chance that his family was caught in the crossfire. It was a mistake and shouldn't have happened yet it did. As much as you try to prevent it or try to correct it, things still happen. Kira and Athrun realized it the hard way.

Now Shinn has that power to protect the things he cares about most. But in that, he's blinded by what he felt when his family died. He dwells back onto that moment. When Shinn defeated the EA fleet outisde of ORB, I didn't see the SEED that Athrun, Kira, Cagalli or Lacus had, it was almost the same feeling that Kira had when Tolle died. And to paraphrase a few lines from SEED and ep. 17 of GSD, Shinn will keep killing and killing and killing to do what he thinks is the right thing continuing a never-ending cycle, but in the end, he will just make more Shinns. Someone will come along thinking the same thing and do the exact same thing. Athrun was trying to point that out to Shinn because at one time, Athrun was a Shinn. It's an endless cycle and Shinn just became part of it. When Shinn learns to look outside the cycle, beyond himself, then he may find his answers.

Like I said, it's a good discussion to psycho-analyze. :)

Its funny how much angst gundam characters go through....and this Shinn thing reminds refreshes me on gundam-angst. But then suddenly an image of Heero Yuy saying "Anata wa Kurosu" pops up and makes my heart skip a beat while ROFLMAO. :lol::lol::lol:

Athrun: "Why must we kill?"

Shinn : "They must pay!"

Heero: ".....i wanna kill you...."

God! That Destiny Gundam's Shining Finger IS really starting to make me think it IS poo :lol:

If it does that move it better incompass some kind of beam reflector or shield.

Its not different but what IS....Wing G Zero Custom or sumthing. I really am afraid that classics like that are gone forever :( But as I said b4 Destiny's design is definitely like-able (sweet gauntlets :D ) & I'm sure those beam wings will haul some serious @$$ B))

Anime Kingdom/A-One seems to be more experienced at subbing not to mention that they had the most correct version of episode 14's English part of the ending. Putting the Eng. aside, AK/AO & SF are pretty much equal in the Jap. in my opinion. AK/AO's releases also seem more professional (if there could be such a description with fansubs :p ) BUT SF did an incredible job with SEED so I would just get both versions if you have the room....just in case Sunrise stupidly licenses the series with 15 episodes to go :angry: & AK/AO kills their releases again.

BUT SF did an incredible job with SEED so I would just get both versions if you have the room....just in case Sunrise stupidly licenses the series with 15 episodes to go :angry: & AK/AO kills their releases again.

Not necessary...that's when Haro^2 fansubs appear (gee i wonder where they came from ;) ) when Destiny becomes licensed.

It happened for Seed....it will happen again. :p

Actually I am referring to SEED-Fansubs (they released their 35 - 50 soon after the series was over)....Haro^2(AK or whoever) messed up episode 45 when they subbed it (although the raw of it was pretty gittery itself <_< ) But when H2 was the only guys releasing it how can I complain....ROFLMAO :lol:

Edited by Freedomatrix

Not necessary...that's when Haro^2 fansubs appear (gee i wonder where they came from ;) ) when Destiny becomes licensed.

It happened for Seed....it will happen again. :p

Which would be right about now. I posted an interview on MAHQ with Bandai's Jerry Chu where he announced the licensing of DESTINY and the SEED compilation specials.

I'm kind of surprised they're working so fast on it and intending to give it a strong push, given SEED was brought over quickly but failed to meet expectations.

The licensing doesn't bother me since it won't hinder watching Destiny in the slightest, but it does bother me that if Destiny is now the 2005/2006 Gundam property, that just adds another two years to how long we'll have to wait for Turn-A, X or Victory Gundam to be brought over.

Hmm, I like that the SEED movies are being released in a set, but I don't like that the SEED epilogue won't be included with the TV release, but at least it will be with the movies. Bandai would be better off publicly announcing this sooner than later in a press release announcement for the movies box. Otherwise fans are going to get pissed off its not included with vol 10 (I know I would have been).

I'm also surprised Yukikaze is being split into 3 volumes. I assume 2 will have episodes 3 & 4, while 3 will soley be 5. Hopefully they'll have a box included with vol 3. Perhaps we'll get that parody OVA included as well.

BTW, how "soon" did Destiny sound? Possibly this year? I hate waiting!

I'm also surprised Yukikaze is being split into 3 volumes. I assume 2 will have episodes 3 & 4, while 3 will soley be 5. Hopefully they'll have a box included with vol 3.  Perhaps we'll get that parody OVA included as well.

Volume five will come with the fifth episode (which is either 45 or 60 minutes long rather than 30, so it's more than a regular episode) as well as the "Sentou Yousei Shoujo Tasukete! Mave-chan" OVA.

So they finally got everything from SEED, huh? Wonder how much arm twisting they had to do with Sunrise...Actually they could do ZZ, Turn-A, V, X if they wanted to, but they might come have problems as with Zeta, plus you have Tomino and he might want to do something with ZZ or V before it comes. They could do those series while doing GSD.

My guess is they will try to get GSD on CN by the end of the year and DVDs should come soon after. That's assuming their gonna get it on CN. If they don't shoot for CN this time and head straight to DVD first, then I'm thinking autumn/winter release of vol. 1.

Regarding Yukikaze, I don't blame Bandai for releasing it as such. It will be almost a year since episode 4 came out on R2 DVD. They can keep waiting or just get episode 3-4 out. As soon as vol. 5 comes out in Japan, they can work on it's release (as vol. 3) in the states.

I'm also surprised Yukikaze is being split into 3 volumes. I assume 2 will have episodes 3 & 4, while 3 will soley be 5. Hopefully they'll have a box included with vol 3.  Perhaps we'll get that parody OVA included as well.

Volume five will come with the fifth episode (which is either 45 or 60 minutes long rather than 30, so it's more than a regular episode) as well as the "Sentou Yousei Shoujo Tasukete! Mave-chan" OVA.

Wait, has Sentou Yousei Shoujo Tasukete! Mave-chan officially been announced?

Yes - announced at Katsucon when they said Yukikaze was being split into three volumes.

Yes - announced at Katsucon when they said Yukikaze was being split into three volumes.

Cool, I'm fully satisfied then.

Its funny how much angst gundam characters go through....and this Shinn thing reminds refreshes me on gundam-angst. But then suddenly an image of Heero Yuy saying "Anata wa Kurosu" pops up and makes my heart skip a beat while ROFLMAO. :lol::lol::lol:

Athrun: "Why must we kill?"

Shinn : "They must pay!"

Heero: ".....i wanna kill you...."

LOL! You have to admit, Heero never suffered from any of this pretty boy angst crap and just wanted to stab people in their eyeballs and cause mass mayhem.

Hopefully CN doesn't butcher Destiny and banish it to a crappy timeslot and ruin it like they did to Seed. They treated G gundam well and it did great. They treated Seed like crap and they actually wondered why it was a midrange performer. Duh.

Destiny DVD's by the end of the year hopefully (however "soon" translates to) is good news and the specials in the summer explains the rush in releasing the Seed DVD's. Good news all around.

Hopefully they don't delay ZZ unnecessarily at least and get that out.

I never liked Heero. Thought he was an ass personally. Actually the only Wing pilots I liked at all was Duo, Zechs and Treize. I like Shin better. Ep. 20 helped explain his position a little.

There's sonethine important to remember: how young Shinn was when his family was killed. That was sure to mess him up.

Not a bad way to squeeze another recap episode in there. Done in a way that reflects where Shinn was and the simple like he was leading as the events from the first series were happening.

I also noticed in Ep. 20 they showed Mwu die again during all the flashback footage.

They showed his looking back to say his "I make the impossible possible" line, all the smoke fill around him, and the destruction exactly as in the first show.

Edited by Anubis

Lunamaria's skirt was longer in military school.....i guess graduation allows you to cut it short :lol:

Stellar nekkid scenes in next episode? :lol:

More fanservice of Meer, not to the amusement of Luna.... :lol:

Wheeee!

I still plan to download Destiny however possible, and buy the R1 discs when they come out. Just like I'm doing for Seed.

Edited by Anubis

The problem with Destiny, like SEED, is the fan service and other details that would piss off the censors (hence you should just buy the DVDs and get it uncut so you can quit whining). One thing did pop up about SEED doing horrible during the normal time slots on CN (then pushed to the late night slots). It did well but not well enough to warrent it staying on a earlier time slot. And you know CN will edit it so why bother watching it on CN?

I do think they will try to get Destiny out by the end of the year. Although, we may get more details as the conventions come up. If the master copies of GSD come over as the Japanese production crew finishes them, then we will definitely see them "soon". The only thing to account for is how anal Sunrise is with the copies for the R1 release.

I still plan to download Destiny however possible, and buy the R1 discs when they come out. Just like I'm doing for Seed.

I've been watching it raw since day 1.....so meh. And like SEED, when the R1s come out, they'll go on my shelf.

Edited by azrael

A custom MMM Impulse....i think....

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's an unpainted 1/144 model kit, not the MMM GQ. Firstly the swords and shoulders are unpainted. Secondly, the plastic looks model quality, not the high quality ABS of the toy, this is especially noticible on the shoulders. Lastly, big seam lines, which shows it as a quickly snapped together model.

Graham